Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #76
happysummer
Mouseketeer

Just started this challenge

Hi everyone
i just started this challenge and my goal for this month is 12 pounds.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #77
donaldandpirates
Mouseketeer

LOVING your trip report, pjlla! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

QOTD Tuesday, June 4, 2013: Which of these strategies might help you get back on track? Or do you have one of your own to add?

3. Eat a healthy breakfast. Your morning meal sets the stage for the rest of your day, so start if off right! Get lots of breakfast ideas here.
I've found that I love oatmeal sweetened with honey and vanilla almond milk mixed in. I've been trying to eat that every morning.

19. Listen to an inspirational song. Better yet, make a playlist of them so you can turn to it whenever you need a boost. I've been compiling my walking/running list for a few days now. Music gets me motivated to keep up and move more than anything else in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
I ran yesterday and it felt so good. it was the perfect running day, sunny and 65. My dog rocked 3.15 miles with me. It helped that she wasn't distracted by too much at the park. If she sees a squirrel, duck, goose, dog, rabbit, fish, or deer she doesn't like, she could dislocate my arm! She's about 55 pounds, but for the most part, she's a good running buddy. Although, some days I just don't take her because I need to be in the zone. I can't be in the zone when she's wrapping around me & stopping to sniff in random places.

Jill
That's the problem we have with our dog. DH is all excited that I can take Ronan out on my walks. Um, really? Between the bunnies, squirrels, and other dogs, I would have no arms left when I got back!

And, Jill, if you ever find a Pintrest Anonymous group, let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

Happy Tuesday friends! I am on pins and needles today. I lead my first VERY OWN WW meeting tonight! But I've done lots of thinking and reflecting about last week's "practice" leading and I know I'm ready to rock this! Plus I can really understand and talk about this weeks' topic (starting your day right), so I feel confident. What I DON'T feel confident about is all of the other meeting "stuff" that needs to be done. And of course, in typical fashion, the person who is supposed to contact me about all of this has not done so yet! I am going to email her this morning and if I don't get a response, I will call her at lunch time. I have NO IDEA how to run the basics of this meeting, where to get a key, where the WW cupboard is, how to do the weigh-ins, etc!!
You'll do great! Let us know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post

on a personal note - I walked yesterday - I got new sneakers, dropped off Hubs at home then headed to track even though there was this HUGE BLACK CLOUD over the school, I got out of my car and dodged the rain drops for 10 or so mins then they went away and I did 6 laps then I even jogged half of my last one... when home had dinner and went to bed LOL.. today my abs are slightly sore which I guess is good but I thought was weird since I was just walking.. Oh well tonight I start my 30 mins of core workouts .. walk, core, walk core, walk , core , REST is how I see it going each week..
That's awesome! I'm tired just reading that. It sounds like you have a great plan for workouts this week.

---------------------------------------------------------

I took the plunge and got new running shoes today. They're Cinderella blue; I'm so excited!!! This is Day 4 of no sugar or pop for me, and I can't wait to put my Cinderella shoes on and start training.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #78
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

I am so sorry that I have not been able to do replies. My Mom was hospitalized and I am with her in Seattle.

I will go ahead and post a QOTD for tomorrow and would appreciate it if someone could take my last couple of coaching days.

QOTD Wednesday June 4, 2013 It's woo hoo Wednesday -- share your woo hoo big or small for the week!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #79
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Loving the TR Pamela!

I am rushing off to Seattle unexpectedly but am quickly posting a QOTD and will be back later.
Lisa, I hope your mom is ok!! Sending pixie dust and prayers her way.

Quote:

QOTD Tuesday, June 4, 2013: Which of these strategies might help you get back on track? Or do you have one of your own to add?
1. Try a short workout. Even five minutes is better than nothing. For ideas browse our video library or workout generator.

3. Eat a healthy breakfast. Your morning meal sets the stage for the rest of your day, so start if off right! Get lots of breakfast ideas here.

4. Drink your water. Try to aim for 8 cups each day and you’ll feel the difference!

8. Share your goals. Whether you post them on the Message Boards or share them with a friend, you’ll be more accountable.

9. Exercise for 10 minutes. Jump rope, march in place, or do some crunches. Small amounts do add up to something big!

11. Take a walk. Don’t worry about how long or far you go—just get out there!

13. Go shopping for some healthy foods. Use this shopping list for ideas.

14. Check the nutrition facts before you go out to eat. That way, you can make an informed choice.

21. Measure your portions. It’s a simple way to learn how much you’re eating.

22. Eat a piece of fruit. Even if 5-9 servings of fruit and vegetables sounds impossible to you, one is doable.

These are mine. I got back on track today, now to just stay there!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #80
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Pamela you went on Soarin' and test track without us???

J/K I hope y'all had an amazing time, you guys look like you did. I wish we were there with you!!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #81
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post
LOVE your trip report! I'm dying to meet Gaston!

---
Sorry I'm in and out a lot. Just a busy summer.

Yesterday I started Galloways TOT 10 Miler training program and did some gold's gym wii boxing.

This morning I did pilates since I'm going to be out the rest of the day.

Think I may pick up a bikini at the mall today to see if it'll keep me motivated to wear in August. I'm really gonna have to dedicate myself to the clean eating for the next two months if I want to make it, but I've seen a lot of impressive changes by going full force for even a short amount of time. Guess we'll see! Work has been helping too since I'm on my feet all day.
I am so jealous about the TOT race. I really wanted to do it, but can't imagine going without my family & we were just there in January. I hope you found a great looking bikini. That will be some definite motivation!

Quote:

on a personal note - I walked yesterday - I got new sneakers, dropped off Hubs at home then headed to track even though there was this HUGE BLACK CLOUD over the school, I got out of my car and dodged the rain drops for 10 or so mins then they went away and I did 6 laps then I even jogged half of my last one... when home had dinner and went to bed LOL.. today my abs are slightly sore which I guess is good but I thought was weird since I was just walking.. Oh well tonight I start my 30 mins of core workouts .. walk, core, walk core, walk , core , REST is how I see it going each week..
It sounds like you had a good walk and are well planned for your next workout.

Quote:
Off to lead my very first WW meeting of my very own! I'm nervous but excited. Apparently this location has been without a meeting leader for a few weeks now, so I figure no matter WHAT I do, I am better than nobody!

Wish me luck and pixie dust! TTYL.....................P
How did it go? I'm sure you did great! And, I wish I could drive the 8 hours to get to your meeting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldandpirates View Post

That's the problem we have with our dog. DH is all excited that I can take Ronan out on my walks. Um, really? Between the bunnies, squirrels, and other dogs, I would have no arms left when I got back!

And, Jill, if you ever find a Pintrest Anonymous group, let me know!

---------------------------------------------------------

I took the plunge and got new running shoes today. They're Cinderella blue; I'm so excited!!! This is Day 4 of no sugar or pop for me, and I can't wait to put my Cinderella shoes on and start training.
What kind of dog do you have? I have an Australian Cattle Dog (Red Heeler), so she is born to herd anything and everything...including me and my kids
I think a lot of people need a Pinterest Anonymous group, at least a lot of my friends I think we'd have to rent an auditorium instead of using someone's house!
What kind of running shoes did you end up with. I think I need to switch brands. I've been in Saucony for the last 3 pairs. I think I need to go back to Asics. I pronate so I need arch support like crazy!

Quote:
I am so sorry that I have not been able to do replies. My Mom was hospitalized and I am with her in Seattle.

I will go ahead and post a QOTD for tomorrow and would appreciate it if someone could take my last couple of coaching days.

QOTD Wednesday June 4, 2013 It's woo hoo Wednesday -- share your woo hoo big or small for the week!
Oh my goodness! I hope everything is okay. Take care of yourself and your mom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I did it. I went back to the gym after 7 weeks off (DSs spring sports got in the way). Unfortunately, my gym is also a spa and while I was gone, they got rid of a bunch of equipment to make more room for the spa and a TATTOO ARTIST!! Grrrrr.....Luckily, I usually go to classes, so this won't effect me much, but I am so sad. I may need to find a new gym after going here since DS10 was 2 years old

I just wanted to do a quick check in before I go do some laundry and finish packing my kids for our vacation. I hope to check in here & there the next couple days, but I probably won't do too many replies. I'll be on my IPhone, so it's time consuming to reply and type on the tiny screen. I'll be taking my laptop on vacation, so I'll be able to check in more starting this weekend. Have a healthy night

Jill
Old 06-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #82
donaldandpirates
Mouseketeer

Quote:

What kind of dog do you have? I have an Australian Cattle Dog (Red Heeler), so she is born to herd anything and everything...including me and my kids
I think a lot of people need a Pinterest Anonymous group, at least a lot of my friends I think we'd have to rent an auditorium instead of using someone's house!
What kind of running shoes did you end up with. I think I need to switch brands. I've been in Saucony for the last 3 pairs. I think I need to go back to Asics. I pronate so I need arch support like crazy!
Jill
Jill, we have a bassador. Body of a black lab, legs of a basset hound, and 65 pounds of pure muscle. He was born in the shelter, and we adopted him as a puppy. I'm not a dog person, but DH is, so I caved.

I got the Adidas Clima Aerate 1.1 Shoes. I tried on several brands, but these fit my feet the best.

Have a GREAT vacation!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #83
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Lisa, I hope your mom is better quickly - thinking of you!

I met my new boss today, which is a little nervewracking after having lots of independence in my current situation...but I think that actually won't change. She seems very on board with what I do and how I do it, and this reporting change is really designed to make my last boss' life easier, not to complicate mine. Here's hoping...ugh, change!

I got my training in last night on the local HS track - it was beautiful out! And today I got in a Jillian workout when I got home before DH got home with DDs from their swim lessons. Bonus. I've been bad about getting my strength training in lately, but I know it helps my running. My running plan has me going 15 miles this weekend. I've never done that before, but it's a necessary stop on the way to 26.2!

I've also been spot on with my WW points since the weekend. I had scale shock after my dad left (he was visiting us this weekend, and we ate out a LOT). So I've gone into complete detox mode - back to the points target I had when I was losing, and making sure I'm getting my exercise in. So far, so good!

DH and I have huge travel plans this fall/winter! November is Wine & Dine (and Food & Wine!), December is the podcast Adventures by Disney trip (happy 10th anniversary to us!), and January is Dopey for both of us, too. I finished booking all our flights tonight and was so psyched to be able to book our Dopey trip on our JetBlue points. Woo! Definitely makes for a happier credit card.

Gorgeous day here in NoVa/DC today...I love this spring/summer we're finally getting!

XO
Liz

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #84
Raya
Mouseketeer

Can I join on June 7, or should I wait until next month? Last night we had chips and Coke before our run, then had donuts for dinner. Clearly I need some accountability in my life.
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #85
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Lisa--I am so sorry about your Mom. Don't even think about the thread. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #86
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post
Can I join on June 7, or should I wait until next month? Last night we had chips and Coke before our run, then had donuts for dinner. Clearly I need some accountability in my life.
Welcome!

I would just send in your weight today! Especially if that will help you to feel motivated. Even if you don't see a loss by the end of the week, you will be on the healthy road moving forward.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #87
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Off to lead my very first WW meeting of my very own! I'm nervous but excited. Apparently this location has been without a meeting leader for a few weeks now, so I figure no matter WHAT I do, I am better than nobody!

Wish me luck and pixie dust! TTYL.....................P
No worries Pam! You will totally rock this!

Quote:

Lisa, keeping my fingers crossed for your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post
Lisa, I hope your mom is better quickly - thinking of you!

I met my new boss today, which is a little nervewracking after having lots of independence in my current situation...but I think that actually won't change. She seems very on board with what I do and how I do it, and this reporting change is really designed to make my last boss' life easier, not to complicate mine. Here's hoping...ugh, change!

I got my training in last night on the local HS track - it was beautiful out! And today I got in a Jillian workout when I got home before DH got home with DDs from their swim lessons. Bonus. I've been bad about getting my strength training in lately, but I know it helps my running. My running plan has me going 15 miles this weekend. I've never done that before, but it's a necessary stop on the way to 26.2!

I've also been spot on with my WW points since the weekend. I had scale shock after my dad left (he was visiting us this weekend, and we ate out a LOT). So I've gone into complete detox mode - back to the points target I had when I was losing, and making sure I'm getting my exercise in. So far, so good!

DH and I have huge travel plans this fall/winter! November is Wine & Dine (and Food & Wine!), December is the podcast Adventures by Disney trip (happy 10th anniversary to us!), and January is Dopey for both of us, too. I finished booking all our flights tonight and was so psyched to be able to book our Dopey trip on our JetBlue points. Woo! Definitely makes for a happier credit card.

Gorgeous day here in NoVa/DC today...I love this spring/summer we're finally getting!

XO
Liz

I am in total awe of you Liz! I just started back running after a two month hiatus. I think part of my IT problems were caused by too far, too soon. So I've started back with only about 2.5 miles a few times this week, and boy are those miles tough! I think my body will remember though, and now that I'm being much more consistent with going to the chiro and doing my PT exercises, I should be just fine. But to train for the Dopey?? WOW!!! Maybe you could impart some of your motivation on me at the W&D!

QOTD: Started running again!!!! Whoop! Whoop!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #88
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:

OH Lisa! sending hugs and pixie dust for you and your mom!

Whoo Hoo Wednesday - I walked on Monday and I did 10 sit ups yesterday ..

Pam - Love the new update and hope your meeting went well (which I am sure it did!)

d&p - Yay for the new running shoes!

Jill - Thank you! Great job going back to the gym and hope you have a great vacation

Liz - You are doing AWESOME !!!!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #89
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

I hope you don't mind if I post something sad, but today marks the 3 yr anniversary of my favorite Uncle's passing.. He was doing what he loved - driving his Stockcar at our local track when it started to rain and they decided to call it off , as he was driving to the pits when he had a heart attack and passed on the way to the hospital - it blew up on Facebook before I even know what happened.. I got a text from my Ex that said I should call my parents because he thought something bad happened to my Uncle according to facebook.. and then my Mom called (they live 2 hrs away from us) and said I should go get my grandmother who lived with my Aunt and Uncle and bring her to the local hospital - It was horrible.. My grandmother was screaming into the phone to someone - he's dead he's dead I know it why won't anyone tell me I just know it.. I had to take her phone away and help get her dressed and then field all the phone calls on the way to hospital to just confirm what she said she knew was true.. I used to live next door to my Uncle and that day I was at my old house packing up some stuff - I saw them all working on the Stockcar and just waved and drove by like I always did and have never stopped kicking myself for not just stopping and going into the garage and hugging him and saying Hi.. I miss him and I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye .. He was the Uncle who first brought me to Disney (that I remember - I did go in 1971 when it opened with my parents) in maybe the early 80's, I was the babysitter when the went to the Daytona 500 and for that we did a day at the Magic Kingdom (added Epcot when it open too) Love and miss you every day Uncle Bub RIP.. xoxo

A few weeks after his passing the track where he'd raced most of his life let us do a tribute - in the pits everyone was able to sign one of his hoods that my Aunt has mounted in his garage. It is a beautiful tribute to a great man

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all

Last edited by bigsis1970; 06-05-2013 at 08:58 AM.
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #90
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:

Prayers being said for you (safe travels, stress relief) and your Mom (healing and doctor's guidance). Feel free to PM if I can do anything at all to help. I'll be HAPPY to pop in for the remainder of the week to coach!

I lead my first WW meeting on my own and it was just fine (well, at least no one walked out in the middle of it )!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
L
These are mine. I got back on track today, now to just stay there!
YEAH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Pamela you went on Soarin' and test track without us???

J/K I hope y'all had an amazing time, you guys look like you did. I wish we were there with you!!
We were definitely thinking of you!! We were even tempted to text you, but didn't want to rub it in!

Quote:
How did it go? I'm sure you did great! And, I wish I could drive the 8 hours to get to your meeting!

Wish you could too! My folks are heading in your direction today to attend my nephew's graduation this weekend (in Morgantown). Maybe you could grab a ride up with them!

Funny that you say that. I thought I was a dedicated Aasics gal and even bought a pair a few weeks ago without trying on any others.... but then I went sneaker shopping with DD and tried on the Saucony's that she was buying and LOVED them.... and bought myself a pair! We wore the Saucony's for our Disney adventures and averaged about 13 miles a day... and I had NO FOOT PAIN at all at any point in time! (Can't say the same for DD, but she is such a "water creature" and isn't used to so much land-based activity.)

I did it. I went back to the gym after 7 weeks off (DSs spring sports got in the way). Unfortunately, my gym is also a spa and while I was gone, they got rid of a bunch of equipment to make more room for the spa and a TATTOO ARTIST!! Grrrrr.....Luckily, I usually go to classes, so this won't effect me much, but I am so sad. I may need to find a new gym after going here since DS10 was 2 years old

That is sad! I would be really disappointed to my GYM got rid of GYM equipment to make room for a tat shop!! Sounds like they are thinking with their pocketbooks only!!

I just wanted to do a quick check in before I go do some laundry and finish packing my kids for our vacation. I hope to check in here & there the next couple days, but I probably won't do too many replies. I'll be on my IPhone, so it's time consuming to reply and type on the tiny screen. I'll be taking my laptop on vacation, so I'll be able to check in more starting this weekend. Have a healthy night

Jill
We will miss you and will be waiting for you when you get back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myweegirls View Post

I can totally understand how you are feeling! I work best independently as well and it is hard to get a new boss/supervisor who might want to cut into that! Hopefully it all goes smoothly!

WOW! That is a long run! Good luck!

Good girl!

XO
Liz

So many upcoming travel plans.... I am so jealous! With our first college bills due in July, I can see about 8-9 years of NO TRAVEL in my future! I'll have to live vicariously through your adventures!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya View Post

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME! Feel free to jump in NOW! Pop over to page 1 to read how things work here and then start chatting as you like! We are always happy to welcome a new face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
No worries Pam! You will totally rock this!

Thanks.... I kind of rocked it!

I am in total awe of you Liz! I just started back running after a two month hiatus. I think part of my IT problems were caused by too far, too soon. So I've started back with only about 2.5 miles a few times this week, and boy are those miles tough! I think my body will remember though, and now that I'm being much more consistent with going to the chiro and doing my PT exercises, I should be just fine. But to train for the Dopey?? WOW!!! Maybe you could impart some of your motivation on me at the W&D!

QOTD: Started running again!!!! Whoop! Whoop!
Awww.... you all are making me feel like I should try summer running again. Dang.... I really hate running.... but this weather lately makes me feel motivated. I'll have to give it some thought.

Quote:
Whoo Hoo Wednesday - I walked on Monday and I did 10 sit ups yesterday ..

Nice job! I haven't done a sit-up in ages!

Pam - Love the new update and hope your meeting went well (which I am sure it did!)

Thanks!!

Okay friends... HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!! Hard to believe that the first full week of June is half over!!

First up.... today is my DD's last day of high school!! I absolutely CANNOT believe it is really here!! I am so full of mixed emotions! I can't imagine how she is feeling. I remember being elated and terrified at the same time. I suppose she is experiencing some of the same....but probably less of the elation. I HATED high school and DD has really enjoyed it. She was definitely wanting to make it special though. She got up a bit early, dressed up a bit, and made sure we took some photos. We put the "Class of '13" Mickey topper on the car (we bought it on our trip) to commemorate. I will leave it on there for the summer.

Next.... thanks for all of the prayers, PD, and good thoughts for last night's WW meeting. I think I did pretty well.... not a classic textbook perfect WW meeting, but an improvement over my training meetings last week. And this group has been without a leader for two weeks now, so they were happy to have a warm body! They were sweet and kind and polite and just the right amount of chatty! I really look forward to getting to know these folks over the summer! And the receptionist I had was WONDERFUL!! She has been doing this meeting for 12 years in this location (in a church) and really knows her stuff and the folks! She was a real blessing to me yesterday! I was there for nearly 3 hours and the time FLEW by! I think for the summer I will drag along my DS to help with chair and table set up. I will pay him for working and it will get him out of the house a bit... and it will save the receptionist and I from having to do so much dragging and lifting!

Weather is nice here today. I will hang out a load of wash, make the beds, and then do some weeding once it warms up a bit.... the bugs are still out right now. We have decided to postpone DD's graduation party until late July, as it was conflicting with too many swim meets.... so at least I can stop stressing so much about this stuff getting done immediately... and the new grass seed I spread will have more time to grow. And MAYBE I can finally stop procrastinating on calling a painter and actually get my two stairwells painted before the party!

Off to post a bit more of my trip report, check FB and email and then get to work!..................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: