Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #406
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Lisa--welcome back! The pictures you posted on fb were lovely! So glad everyone had a good time! Great job jumping back on WW.

Kimberly--hope you are having an on plan weekend.

Pamela--Sounds like you and DD had a great time! It's so funny when I hear everyone talk about salt. According to mfp I am not getting enough salt--then I run and I am a disgusting salt sweater (I can scrape it off me) and I get sick. On anything over 4 miles I consume salt either before, during or after the run (sometimes all three) just to avoid getting nauseous. It does make me feel bloated, but I think if we aren't eating a lot of processed foods we need to remember we need both sodium and iodine. It definitely is a balancing act! I am really glad DS is joining me. I can't wait to spend some time together and I think it is going to be a rough week for him. The roommates all leave earlier that week. I am going to make him wear a bday button because his bday is two days earlier.

Magdalene--hope your crazy week is slowing down!

Buffy--how's that training? I hope you are finding a crosstraining that you like. Does your plan call for cardio or strength on your off days? Cause I wonder if even doing a light version of Jillian 30ds would work--lower intensity of course. It will get your heart rate up and build some muscles. And it's over quickly!

Molli--very exciting about your cruise!

bigsis1970--congrats on being down a few pounds

Helen--Hope you are having a good week!

Hi to anyone else.

Ran 4 miles this morning and with the warmup and cool down went 6 total. Did ok, but I am icing my knee now. It's a little sore. I have created my own training plan for this half. Trying something different to see if my back will behave. I have done enough halves that I feel confident I can finish. I am up to 6 mile long runs so the plan is to add two miles in August, 2 in September, and 2 in October with the longest run being 12 miles. I will run 3x a week--but since I have the mile a day challenge I workout every day. I am running my long runs just below race pace--which I no is a no-no, but I don't want to go as far, so I am going to try this and see how it goes. So as long as my body cooperates:
Monday--walk a mile or two; strength class
Tuesday--run 3-4 miles
Wednesday--walk a mile or two; yoga
Thursday--run 3-4 miles
Friday--walk a mile or two; yoga
Saturday--long run
Sunday--walk a mile or two and do something fun--ride a bike or go hiking
Might add some elliptical in there occasionally. I consider the yoga days to be almost like rest days cause walking a mile really isn't that big a deal anymore.

I am going to follow Pamela's lead and buy a bunch of fruit today. We are starting to get tomatoes from out garden.

I think my knee has had enough ice. Have a great Saturday!
Old 07-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #407
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Ran 4k Thursday, 1k yesterday (just to the store and back to get pickled radish to make sushi for the kids). I know I'm never going to win a marathon, but would it be too much to ask to be able to keep up with my 7 year old?
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #408
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Rose I'm trying to do 30 day shred for cross training but with the kids home, they are monopolizing the TV. The problem is the only space I can do it, is in the boys room but that's also where the Wii and the PS3 are.

When they go back to school it will get better.

We also have summer night runs on Mondays and Thursdays. The Thursday one is hosted by a running club and they have a person there teaching stretching. I need to get there early enough for that because I need to learn better stretching, I am not very good at stretching consistently. I don't really know what I'm doing there.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #409
BernardandMissBianca
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Ran 4k Thursday, 1k yesterday (just to the store and back to get pickled radish to make sushi for the kids). I know I'm never going to win a marathon, but would it be too much to ask to be able to keep up with my 7 year old?
Oh I hear ya!
My kids smoke me, it's so aggravating. My head is like yeah, you can run a 6 minute mile like DS17 then the body just starts to laugh and laugh.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:08 AM   #410
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
[

Pamela--Sounds like you and DD had a great time! It's so funny when I hear everyone talk about salt. According to mfp I am not getting enough salt--then I run and I am a disgusting salt sweater (I can scrape it off me) and I get sick. On anything over 4 miles I consume salt either before, during or after the run (sometimes all three) just to avoid getting nauseous. It does make me feel bloated, but I think if we aren't eating a lot of processed foods we need to remember we need both sodium and iodine. It definitely is a balancing act!

As a general rule I don't worry about my salt intake at all.... but knowing how very salty corned beef can be, I did give it some extra thought during that meal. You are probably right about processed foods.... I don't eat them often, so I am probably not getting a big sodium load.

I am really glad DS is joining me. I can't wait to spend some time together and I think it is going to be a rough week for him. The roommates all leave earlier that week. I am going to make him wear a bday button because his bday is two days earlier.

Aww.... you will have fun, but it is so sad that he is going to miss his roommates! Hopefully the birthday celebration will help.

Ran 4 miles this morning and with the warmup and cool down went 6 total. Did ok, but I am icing my knee now. It's a little sore. I have created my own training plan for this half. Trying something different to see if my back will behave. I have done enough halves that I feel confident I can finish. I am up to 6 mile long runs so the plan is to add two miles in August, 2 in September, and 2 in October with the longest run being 12 miles. I will run 3x a week--but since I have the mile a day challenge I workout every day. I am running my long runs just below race pace--which I no is a no-no, but I don't want to go as far, so I am going to try this and see how it goes. So as long as my body cooperates:
Monday--walk a mile or two; strength class
Tuesday--run 3-4 miles
Wednesday--walk a mile or two; yoga
Thursday--run 3-4 miles
Friday--walk a mile or two; yoga
Saturday--long run
Sunday--walk a mile or two and do something fun--ride a bike or go hiking
Might add some elliptical in there occasionally. I consider the yoga days to be almost like rest days cause walking a mile really isn't that big a deal anymore.

Sounds like a good plan to me! You know what you are doing and you know your body best, so I am sure you can make this plan work to get ready for the half!

I am going to follow Pamela's lead and buy a bunch of fruit today. We are starting to get tomatoes from out garden.

We are eating the fruit so fast, it is hard to keep up with the shopping!

I think my knee has had enough ice. Have a great Saturday!
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Rose I'm trying to do 30 day shred for cross training but with the kids home, they are monopolizing the TV. The problem is the only space I can do it, is in the boys room but that's also where the Wii and the PS3 are.

When they go back to school it will get better.

We also have summer night runs on Mondays and Thursdays. The Thursday one is hosted by a running club and they have a person there teaching stretching. I need to get there early enough for that because I need to learn better stretching, I am not very good at stretching consistently. I don't really know what I'm doing there.
Stretching is/was always an issue for me as well. I know that I definitely FEEL BETTER when I stretch, but I don't always take the time. I think it is great that you have someone teaching proper stretching.

Happy Sunday all!! Finally awakening to SUNSHINE! It ended up being a nice day yesterday, but it was super cloudy around my house until mid-afternoon. I've got the washer chugging along with a load of towels that I will put on the line (plus a second load as well probably) before I head back to the seacoast for the last day of this week. Thankfully next weekend's meet is only about 30 minutes from home and is only 2 days.

Ended up out to dinner again last night. We had a mini TigerSharks reunion of sorts with some folks from DD's previous swim team.... just 4 other families, but it was SO NICE! I really miss that team. We just stopped for pizza, so it was low key, inexpensive, and easy. I had a large greek salad but dumped off about 3/4 of the feta and used only about tsp. of dressing (they didn't have any light options other than just plain vinegar) and I had 1 1/2 slices of a small thin crust cheese pizza. A bit over my points for the day, but I was so hungry by that point! It was 9pm!! I rarely eat dinner that late! What really threw me over my points was the late-afternoon snacks I had to keep starvation at bay! I knew this meet would run late, but I didn't realize it would be that late! My original dinner plan was that DD and I would share a baked potato and small chili at Wendy's.... that is sort of our "go to" post-meet meal (cheap, fast, and relatively low Points and healthy). But I really didn't want to miss this opportunity to visit with friends.

But that was eating out and over my points TWO DAYS in a row.... so I must be carefully for the next week.

Mmmmmm.... I can smell the coffee! Hold on.... gonna grab a cup.....

Yum!! Not sure what the rest of breakfast is going to be yet though. Yesterday was oatmeal and blueberries. If we have any strawberries left, maybe today will be greek yogurt.

DS helped me reinstall the front porch lights yesterday. They look great with the new paint job and worked right the first time! Then DD helped me finish pulling weeds from between the bricks on the front walk and she put a coat of paint on part of the mailbox cover. At this rate we may actually be ready for this party!! My parents are coming up the Wednesday before the party to help, so I know that the last minute cleaning will definitely get done. Now I'm just worrying about getting the last of the "big" outdoor projects done. Still have one last big flowerbed to finish weeding, edging and mulching. We started it WEEKS ago, but it has done nothing but RAIN since then it seems! And the two flowerbeds right in front of the house got weeded but never mulched, so now they need to be weeded AGAIN before we can spread the mulch. Dang rain!

Somehow in all of this I need to fit in some exercise this week. I can't keep using the housework/yardwork as an excuse! I was down another pound on the scale yesterday and I desperately need to hang on to that!

DD is up and moving, so I will go eat with her and hopefully have time to complete one task on the massive to-do list before showering and heading out! TTYL......................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #411
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Happy Sunday everyone!

I finally cleared out my PMs and hope that the first page is up to date! We have a lot of purple there this week - meaning people that are already more than 50% on their way to their goal! Congratulations to all the losers and those who struggled: Don't give up! The only way to make progress is to stay focussed and not fall back into old habits!

I must say that I need some encouragement as well. I had lots of stuff going on where I was not so much in control of what I would eat. I think I made halfway reasonable choices and I still kept tracking. I ended up using all my extras and half of my activity points last week. So all in all it was not too bad. Yesterday however, I ended up eating a large portion of cashew nuts which certainly was not good at all... Today I am back to tracking however - and am confident that I will stay within my points!

The scale has been annoying me recently as I started the month with a very low weight - and then immediately on July 2nd the scale jumped up 2 pounds which I have been working on ever since. And now I have been ignoring the scale since Wednesday. I really need to get back on it and just deal with whatever number it is showing. I am so close to my lowest weight ever in this century and I so want to get past that barrier! It's only 1.5 pounds below my July start weight and I was counting on being past that by the start of August...

Next week will still be difficult in parts, especially next weekend I will be travelling...

Enough about that - as I said, the only how to get where I want to be is keep going!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #412
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone

Back from my 2 days away. OH and I went to stay with some friends and took advantage of the heatwave we've been having over here (28degrees!). We spent the weekend just hanging out in their garden enjoying the sun.

Saturday evening we bought an Indian takeaway in. Had onion bhajis, Chicken pakora, fish pakora, chicken shami kebab and vegetable samosas as starters, then a chicken and spinach curry with basmati rice and garlic naan breads. I had decided weeks ago that I would just have a night off plan and enjoy myself...and I did...even had a couple of lite beers too.

Back on plan today though as it's official class weigh-in tomorrow night!

Which brings me on to QOTD (hope this one will do for Sun/Mon??)

As we all seem to be having a heatwave at the moment, what are your favourite drinks for hot weather (1 alcoholic, 1 non alcoholic)

Mine are a good mojito, and sparkling water flavoured with lemon and lime. (and lots of ice with both!!!) The water is great for the diet, the mojito not so much!!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #413
jillbur
DIS Veteran

I'm finally here I didn't forget about my friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
How about yoga, static stretching, or body weight exercises (squats, abs, pushups, chair dips, planks, etc)? If you go to active.com and click on the lifestyle tab (http://www.active.com/fitness/strength-training), there are a number of different things you can do. I incorporate a couple of different plans I found there to keep things interesting and my muscles off balance. It helps to break up the monotony.
Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I just need to find the motivation. I need to strength train since I'm feeling flabby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good Thursday morning everyone.

It has been pretty quiet here this week.

Question of the Day

Rose is talking about a solo trip and I am planning a quiet trip with only my dh to Disney World.

Could you go with only yourself or your dh?

Have a happy and healthy day.
DH and I went May 2012 for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary early. We did make comments about how this kids would like this or that, but we had a great time. We enjoyed adult only relaxed meals (Sanaa~excellent), toured other resorts, and made our way around World Showcase at our own pace & had a few (or more) drinks. We also enjoyed lounging poolside and not having to constantly watch DSs. I would love to go solo, but maybe after the kids are older. They love Disney as much as me )

Quote:
I'm having the same issue. I don't swim so that's out. Videos are ok but the only place we have room is the boys room and they have taken over the tv in there for video games. I'd like to join the gym but again, what do I do with the kids?

Let me know if you find anything.
I think I am going to head back to the gym for weights, spinning, and/or yoga. But, I like to workout early in the summer & those classes are in the afternoons. I have ideas, it's just the lack of motivation to do it

Quote:
Found a good quote today, one I can surely use

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.- Colin Powell
Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Hi, I'm taking over QOTD from today. Have just stepped on the scales to find another 3lb gone...that's 6 in 2 weeks. Just goes to show that good diet and a little exercise is the way to go!!!

QOTD 12Jul13
I know that we are all looking for long term solutions on this thread, but if you need to shift a few pounds quickly (to get into a particular dress for an event, say) what is your favoured method???

Mine is to up the water intake and eat mostly fruit and vegetables.

Off to do my 2 hours Food Hygiene Supervision exam now, so will check in on you all later
Congrats on the loss!
QOTD~I will go low carb or make smoothies for 2 meals and eat a sensible dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post

I am happy to report by refocuing on my eating habits (back to low carb atkins style) I am down a few lbs..

Hope everyone has a great weekend and see you all Monday!
Congrats on the loss!

Quote:
Sooooo, I ate a fortune cookie yesterday and my fortune said "never give up" OMG, love it when my fortunes speak to me. I really really needed that at that moment because I have lost my way.

So I went for a run. Well, wog. I went 2.6 miles in 35 minutes. My pace was my best ever at 13:26. I don't think I could maintain that for the 1/2, yet. But damn it felt good. At this exact time last year my pace was 17:47
I could definitely maintain for the 5K, right now. I know I could maintain for the 10K by the time the race comes around. Just need to work on my endurance for the 1/2.
That's a big improvement and you have so much more time to train. You'll be cruising through those races!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
i'm still here!!! my DIS time has been on the cruise board we leave in like 11 days! woohoo!!

and i'm down 1.5 lbs since my last weigh in two weeks ago! I missed the week of the fourth, was out of town.
Congrats on the loss and yay for the cruise! How exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Hello! I am down 1.2 this month--not great, but it is not up! So I will take it.

I ran 2.3 painful miles yesterday and walked another 2.4 with Mike last night. Probably over doing it, but I am feeling human today and not so cranky, so very worth it. The knee is not feeling too bad today either, so that's very encouraging!

The solo trip morphed into a trip with DS. He is going to fly down from SC and meet me for the weekend. I am really very happy about this. We have not spent any time together just us in a very long time and as he gets ready to start grad school, and then law school this might be it for a while. I was kind of surprised he wanted to come. He is going to be homeless/ couch surfing for a few weeks, so this will be a good thing, I think. All of his roommates leave at the same time and I know he is going to miss them. He is being roommate matched for the fall, so he has no idea who he is living with. I am really looking forward to just hanging out. Not even sure how much we will do other than sit at the pool and eat.

I think we all need to make a water pledge for the weekend. I have been doing terrible with that! It's almost scary how little water I am drinking some days.

So my plan for the weekend:
drink that water
put those chips down and grab some fruits or carrots
and enjoy summer! We are finally having some good weather. No storms, no clouds. Just sunshine and warm temps! So exciting!
1. COngrats on the loss.
2. A trip with DS sounds like it's just what both of you need. You'll have such a great time!
3. Great plan...I say that as I drink my water and eat grapes instead of the cookies DSs are eating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

I am back and almost totally recovered from jet lag. Travelling for 24 hours and a nine hour time change is tough on the body although I did weigh in the same as I left on Wednesday. Then picked up a mystery pound and half but I think that will be gone soon.

We truly had the trip of a lifetime and got to see so many interesting things. DS also developed a new appreciation for the country of his birth.

I will do a weigh in and set a goal since we still have half of the month to go when I go back to WW next week. Onward and downward!
So glad you had a great trip! You need to give us a mini trip report so we can all be jealous

Quote:
I know, right!?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

Happy Sunday all!! Finally awakening to SUNSHINE! It ended up being a nice day yesterday, but it was super cloudy around my house until mid-afternoon. I've got the washer chugging along with a load of towels that I will put on the line (plus a second load as well probably) before I head back to the seacoast for the last day of this week. Thankfully next weekend's meet is only about 30 minutes from home and is only 2 days.

Ended up out to dinner again last night. We had a mini TigerSharks reunion of sorts with some folks from DD's previous swim team.... just 4 other families, but it was SO NICE! I really miss that team. We just stopped for pizza, so it was low key, inexpensive, and easy. I had a large greek salad but dumped off about 3/4 of the feta and used only about tsp. of dressing (they didn't have any light options other than just plain vinegar) and I had 1 1/2 slices of a small thin crust cheese pizza. A bit over my points for the day, but I was so hungry by that point! It was 9pm!! I rarely eat dinner that late! What really threw me over my points was the late-afternoon snacks I had to keep starvation at bay! I knew this meet would run late, but I didn't realize it would be that late! My original dinner plan was that DD and I would share a baked potato and small chili at Wendy's.... that is sort of our "go to" post-meet meal (cheap, fast, and relatively low Points and healthy). But I really didn't want to miss this opportunity to visit with friends.

But that was eating out and over my points TWO DAYS in a row.... so I must be carefully for the next week.

Mmmmmm.... I can smell the coffee! Hold on.... gonna grab a cup.....

Yum!! Not sure what the rest of breakfast is going to be yet though. Yesterday was oatmeal and blueberries. If we have any strawberries left, maybe today will be greek yogurt.

DS helped me reinstall the front porch lights yesterday. They look great with the new paint job and worked right the first time! Then DD helped me finish pulling weeds from between the bricks on the front walk and she put a coat of paint on part of the mailbox cover. At this rate we may actually be ready for this party!! My parents are coming up the Wednesday before the party to help, so I know that the last minute cleaning will definitely get done. Now I'm just worrying about getting the last of the "big" outdoor projects done. Still have one last big flowerbed to finish weeding, edging and mulching. We started it WEEKS ago, but it has done nothing but RAIN since then it seems! And the two flowerbeds right in front of the house got weeded but never mulched, so now they need to be weeded AGAIN before we can spread the mulch. Dang rain!

Somehow in all of this I need to fit in some exercise this week. I can't keep using the housework/yardwork as an excuse! I was down another pound on the scale yesterday and I desperately need to hang on to that!

DD is up and moving, so I will go eat with her and hopefully have time to complete one task on the massive to-do list before showering and heading out! TTYL......................P
Awww...your reunion dinner sounds so nice. I'm guessing this was with girls that DD swam with before she went to this new team? I remember how hard it was for both of you, so I'm glad you are still in touch with her friends.

Not much going on with you, huh?!?! Always busy, busy, busy. DDs party sounds like it's going to be a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Happy Sunday everyone!

I finally cleared out my PMs and hope that the first page is up to date! We have a lot of purple there this week - meaning people that are already more than 50% on their way to their goal! Congratulations to all the losers and those who struggled: Don't give up! The only way to make progress is to stay focussed and not fall back into old habits!

I must say that I need some encouragement as well. I had lots of stuff going on where I was not so much in control of what I would eat. I think I made halfway reasonable choices and I still kept tracking. I ended up using all my extras and half of my activity points last week. So all in all it was not too bad. Yesterday however, I ended up eating a large portion of cashew nuts which certainly was not good at all... Today I am back to tracking however - and am confident that I will stay within my points!

The scale has been annoying me recently as I started the month with a very low weight - and then immediately on July 2nd the scale jumped up 2 pounds which I have been working on ever since. And now I have been ignoring the scale since Wednesday. I really need to get back on it and just deal with whatever number it is showing. I am so close to my lowest weight ever in this century and I so want to get past that barrier! It's only 1.5 pounds below my July start weight and I was counting on being past that by the start of August...

Next week will still be difficult in parts, especially next weekend I will be travelling...

Enough about that - as I said, the only how to get where I want to be is keep going!!
Keep doing what you're doing and move forward. I swear, pounds just jump on and off sometimes. You're headed in the right direction and I'm sure you'll see even more progress.

Quote:
Hi Everyone

Back from my 2 days away. OH and I went to stay with some friends and took advantage of the heatwave we've been having over here (28degrees!). We spent the weekend just hanging out in their garden enjoying the sun.

Saturday evening we bought an Indian takeaway in. Had onion bhajis, Chicken pakora, fish pakora, chicken shami kebab and vegetable samosas as starters, then a chicken and spinach curry with basmati rice and garlic naan breads. I had decided weeks ago that I would just have a night off plan and enjoy myself...and I did...even had a couple of lite beers too.

As we all seem to be having a heatwave at the moment, what are your favourite drinks for hot weather (1 alcoholic, 1 non alcoholic)

Mine are a good mojito, and sparkling water flavoured with lemon and lime. (and lots of ice with both!!!) The water is great for the diet, the mojito not so much!!!
Your dinner sounds wonderful!

QOTD~I drink tons of water, but I love iced tea on a hot day. I just mine plain or with lemon. As far as an alcoholic drink, I will say any kind of margarita. The margaritas in La Cava del Tequila in the Mexico paviliion are the best if anyone needs a suggestion lol. I personally like the avocado and the jalapeno ones. Yum!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahhhhh...I finally found time to sit, relax, and DIS! It sounds like everyone is doing pretty well in July. I just can't believe my summer is half way over
We've been busy with little day trips, so I am trying to stay closer to home this week. We are picking blueberries tomorrow at my grandmas (she has a TON and we've already picked 4 containers and eaten them) and then going to visit with my aunt and uncle who are here from FL. Tuesday we have a swimming birthday party at 11 am. We have no other plan the rest of the week. Whoop! I am hoping to get this house deep cleaned. In fact, we need to shampoo our carpets, so maybe we will do that tomorrow night.

It's hot and HUMID again here which makes exercising ouside yucky. I can do with hot, but this humidity is for the birds. Who wants it? I'll send it your way!

It took me so long to catch up on 3 or 4 pages, that I have to go do some laundry before the kids head up for bed. We are shooting for an earlier bedtime tonight since they've been to bed very late the last few nights. I think I'll shoot for an earlier bedtime as well! I'll check back tomorrow. Have a good night.

Jill
Old 07-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #414
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Hi Everyone

Even though I don't know what much of that is (other than the naan and the light beer ) it all still sounds yummy!

I'm not much of a cocktail drinker. I do enjoy the occasional margarita (on the rocks with salt please), but for a hot night I'd take a light beer first! Less calories and more refreshing than the sugary/salty margarita (IMHO that is). Non alcoholic would be seltzer with a wedge of fresh lime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Awww...your reunion dinner sounds so nice. I'm guessing this was with girls that DD swam with before she went to this new team? I remember how hard it was for both of you, so I'm glad you are still in touch with her friends.

Yes... this was a few families from her old team. It is so nice that we ALL love each other and miss each other and still want to spend time together. They moved to teams that swim in a different league than us (we stayed with a YMCA team but they did not), so we don't even compete against each other very often. Even though DD didn't swim her best (although she did get a new PB time in her 400 M freestyle!), she was so happy to be able to spend time with her friends this weekend. Thanks for remembering!!

Not much going on with you, huh?!?! Always busy, busy, busy. DDs party sounds like it's going to be a good time.

I hope I can relax enough to enjoy the party! I really want to, but entertaining really stresses me!!

QOTD~I drink tons of water, but I love iced tea on a hot day. I just mine plain or with lemon. As far as an alcoholic drink, I will say any kind of margarita. The margaritas in La Cava del Tequila in the Mexico paviliion are the best if anyone needs a suggestion lol. I personally like the avocado and the jalapeno ones. Yum!

Avocado margarita?? Now that I'd like to try!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahhhhh...I finally found time to sit, relax, and DIS! It sounds like everyone is doing pretty well in July. I just can't believe my summer is half way over
We've been busy with little day trips, so I am trying to stay closer to home this week. We are picking blueberries tomorrow at my grandmas (she has a TON and we've already picked 4 containers and eaten them) and then going to visit with my aunt and uncle who are here from FL. Tuesday we have a swimming birthday party at 11 am. We have no other plan the rest of the week. Whoop! I am hoping to get this house deep cleaned. In fact, we need to shampoo our carpets, so maybe we will do that tomorrow night.

It's hot and HUMID again here which makes exercising ouside yucky. I can do with hot, but this humidity is for the birds. Who wants it? I'll send it your way!

It took me so long to catch up on 3 or 4 pages, that I have to go do some laundry before the kids head up for bed. We are shooting for an earlier bedtime tonight since they've been to bed very late the last few nights. I think I'll shoot for an earlier bedtime as well! I'll check back tomorrow. Have a good night.

Jill
Glad you are getting some unscheduled time to relax this week! I'm envious of your fresh blueberries. We had/have 6 large plants, but we had to give up on them several years ago, as it was a non-stop struggle to keep the woods and animals from creeping in on them! We made the mistake of planting them way down near the woods on the edge of the property. I'm hoping to start a new patch this fall right in the back yard, where I can keep a better eye on them!

I need to do more laundry today, but I am out of detergent and need to make a new batch. I should have done it over the weekend, but ran out of time.

Happy MONDAY everyone! DD opted out of this morning's swim practice... so I am doing my happy dance! I think it should definitely be off the schedule for the kids after a 4 day meet weekend! She does do doubles most of the other days of the week, so no guilt about missing today.

Hot humid week on tap for us! SO MUCH to do around the house, but finally some weather that doesn't involve rain! I'll be trying to get some outside stuff done early in the day and maybe later in the evenings and stay inside at mid-day doing cleaning and painting and such.

Off to grab some coffee and start moving!...........P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #415
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Woot! Lowest Monday weigh in since the middle of June. I was not perfect over the weekend, but this is a great place to start from. The sun is shiny and it is warm and steamy, so that has definitely helped.

Hope everyone has a great Monday. My goal after work is a mile or so on the treadmill and then I am going to a strength class. Between my back and my knee, I might not be able to do some of the stuff, but I am feeling very flabby, so I am going to go and do the best I can.

Have a great Monday!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #416
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

QoTD - no alcoholic drinks here, not really a fan. I will probably have a glass of red wine or a Kahlua and cream once every 3 years.
Right now my go to drink is water or the new Valencia Orange refresher from Starbucks with extra water in it. It tastes a lot like tang but better, and it breaks up the monotony of plain water.

Found another funny quote today.
DD opened her fortune cookie a few days ago and it's a good one. I collect fortunes so I'll have a lot of them. I need to go through my jar.

Quote:
Keep your goals away from the trolls.

Trolls could be the saboteurs in your life. The ones that don't support you. Trolls could be those inner demons that tell you, you can't do this or you are not worthy. Trolls could be those who seem to think because they are fit, they are better than you.
Do not let the trolls get to your goals

Last edited by BernardandMissBianca; 07-15-2013 at 08:22 PM.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #417
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Buffy, I love the quote! Thanks for posting this!!

I finally dared to return to the scale. I am still 100 grams up from my July start weight. But I do consider this as the same. So am very happy about that! Hopefully I can get the scale moving again this week. Today I have been good so far - had a nice salad for lunch.

QOTD:
alcoholic drink: a glass of dry white wine or a prosecco (sparkling wine from Italy).
Non-alcoholic: my homemade iced tea which I make with decaffeinated Earl Grey tea and some fresh lemon. And I just realise that I forgot to start a new batch yesterday evening...
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 07-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #418
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Hi Everyone

Alcoholic - frozen Pina Colada!
Non - I guess would just be ice water.. No lemon nothing just plain..

Ah Monday Monday .. well things are pretty good here - it's certainly hot and humid here in Maine but I am at works where it's pretty cool.. I guess that is good..
had a decent weekend but it came with some indulging - like 2 krisp kreme donuts on Sunday morning and a Chinese food buffet Sunday afternoon.. I did however drink tons of water and moved around a little.. I was down still this morning so hopefully I don't see any ill effects..
I only have a 4 day work week this week and will be away from Fri - late Sun - DS has a LAX tourny in Amherst Mass we are going to.. which right now accuweather says Fri 95 , Sat 87 and Sun 82.. I'd better pack lots of water and gaterade!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:40 PM   #419
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Hi ladies!

So after talking over my supreme lack of weight loss the last few weeks with the DH, he pointed something out to me. Whenever I've hit a plateau in the past and started to freak out about it, I found if I take a step back, not worry so much about tracking points, etc., and loosen up just a little bit foodwise (not go crazy though ), the next time I step on the scale, it has almost always paid off. I think it really does matter where your head is at! So for the next couple of weeks I'll still workout like usual, watch my food, but not make myself crazy about it, and see what happens. I'm just going to monitor how my clothes fit and how I feel as that's always a great gauge for me . Magdalene, I probably won't submit another weight until the 25th, when I go away again for a few days. Thanks!

LISA - loved the FB cruise pics!! Where was the DH born?

ROSE - Here's the plan I'm following for the W&D: 3 days/week

Week 1 - 3 miles (m)/3m/5m
Week 2 - 3/4/6
Week 3 - 4/4/6
Week 4 - 4/4/7
Week 5 - 4/5/7
Week 6 - 4/5/8
Week 7 - 4/5/10
Week 8 - 4/4/7
Week 9 - 3/3/race day

I plan on doing a Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday rotation until I get to the 7-8 miles on the the weekends. Then I'll push it off to Sundays, so I have two days to rest before the lonfer distances. I'll probably also throw in some speed work once in a while. I used Galloway last year and have to sadly admit I think it caused me to overtrain, leading to the IT issues I ended up with. Good luck!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #420
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

New lowest weight on the scale!!! It seems that I actually do lose weight when I eat all my additional points. Very happy about that. It still only is 0.6 pounds below my July 1st weight. But it is the right direction. And it is so exciting as I am slowly getting to the big 70kg barrier - I have not been below this since the late 90!

I can also tell from my clothes that I lost weight. I can fit very well in nearly everything in my wardrobe. Just a few things which I bought with the intention of losing weight and then fitting into them are still a bit tight. And I might even have to say goodbye to a few things that I love...

It seems so unfair: being successful at losing weight is so motivating - but it is in times when the weight does not go away that one would need that motivation...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: