Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 11:25 PM   #16
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

I am the mother if three young children- oldest is almost 7. I have struggled with my weight since I was a preteen.

I have been moving backwards for almost 1.5 years. I lost weight without a ton of work. I exercised 4 days a week and the weight just fell off. Not the case anymore. I put on the weight and then some.

I am committed to being healthier and need some way to get through the negative feelings.

QOTD: my goal is to lose 8 lbs this month. With a two year goal of 70. I am going to work hard to achieve this. I think I am finally out of excuses.

Ana

Last edited by runsandjumps; 05-31-2013 at 11:33 PM.
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:58 AM   #17
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Hello! I'm here for June!

I've been around these challenges for awhile now, but for those that do not know, I am Jill, 36 years old, teacher, and mom to 2 boys (10 &7). This summer I am going to try to finally get to my goal weight. I just can't seem to shake these last 5-10 pounds. So, I'm ready to kick it for good. I'm hoping a week at the beach isn't going to ruin my eating. We are going with 4 families and apparently there is a food challenge involved, and not in a good way! The men are trying to see how many ice cream novelty treats we can eat in a week. I will prob buy some weight watchers or skinny cow ones for me and one of my friends. We have 17 people going, so it should get interesting! Last year, they did a donut challenge, so I'm much happier with the ice cream challenge

Well, there I go getting off topic as usual. I actually have to run and get ready for my high school History class. We are watching Pearl Harbor today since we just finished up WWII. I can't believe I only have one full day and one half day left. Where did the year go?

I'll see ya in June

Jill
Hi Jill! That summer trip with the ice cream challenge sounds interesting!! I love getting ice cream in the summer - and one of my solutions is to get fruit bars. Here in Germany we have one that is more or less just frozen orange juice - so while it does have some calories from the sugar, it at least avoids the fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Reserving my space for June! I, as expected, had a gain last week (+1.8) from vacation food (darn those Mickey bars!) and will need to work to get back within my maintenance range before my next employee weigh-in! Plus I have a dress I bought months ago for DD's graduation and there is NO ROOM to hide a single extra pound! So I MUST be on track for losing for the next 3 weeks solid!............P
Welcome to June! That dress should be a huge motivation to tackle those 1.8 pounds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Reserving my spot and will be back later to start my coaching gig.
Hi Lisa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsandjumps View Post
Hi everyone! I wanted to put my name in here as well. Looking forward to learning more.

I guess I will check back in tomorrow.
Hi and welcome!! I love your username!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Here again. I am not doing great with the weight stuff this year, but I am hanging in there. I have to think about my goal for this month. I am seriously considering just one pound, because with the way things have been going a month without a gain would be a victory!
One pound is still a loss! I used to set more ambitious goals, but decided to rather set lower goals that are achievable - hopefully that will then give me more of a motivation burst for the next month.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! Ė Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 02:10 AM   #18
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Hi Everyone, I'm in for June!! I am Michelle - busy mom of DS 16 and DD 19 and wife to the Hubs.. I am in for 4 lbs this month - and will be adding workouts/walking to my days to get the scale moving again.. I do Atkins (so Low Carb) but my the rest of my family does not.. makes it tough sometimes ..Since mid Feb 2013 I've lost about 25 lbs. I feel GREAT and best of all my blood sugar is under control!
Welcome Michelle! What a great success you already had in a few months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldandpirates View Post
Hi, everyone! I'm in! I did a BL challenge on here quite a while ago, and believe it or not, that was the last successful time I was able to lose some weight. Picking up myself... and starting over.
Welcome back to the WISH boards! Isn't it amazing, how helpful these threads can be? For me it is always a place to go to to get new motivation when I am lacking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Magdalene, I will gladly coach June 16-23 if you still need someone I tend to stay on track better the weeks I coach & I'll be home from vaycay just in time to start in the 16th. Let me know if you would like me to take that week.

Jill
Thanks Jill! I think I somehow mixed up the dates a little bit, I intended for each coaching week to start on Saturday. Will send you a PM about it to sort out the dates!

Quote:
Magdalene, thank you so much for hostessing our challenge this month!
You are welcome! It does really help me to stay focussed on the weight loss as I already can see. Without these challenges and the commitment to host this months it would have been so easy after vacation to just continue eating crappy food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggieDriver View Post
Hi Everyone,
Since it's almost midnight, it's almost June 1st so I PM Floss to get in on this challenge. I figure it may help to be public about it too, so here goes:

144lbs/5lbs

At first glance not too ambitious, but I've been stalled for a while and 5lbs would be a very big deal getting into a lower decade on the scale. We'll see.
Best of luck to all!

Buggie (ahahha- I first typed that in as Buttie-which is actually a more accurate description of me
Hi Buggie and welcome! Good luck with your goal!!

Quote:
I am the mother if three young children- oldest is almost 7. I have struggled with my weight since I was a preteen.

I have been moving backwards for almost 1.5 years. I lost weight without a ton of work. I exercised 4 days a week and the weight just fell off. Not the case anymore. I put on the weight and then some.

I am committed to being healthier and need some way to get through the negative feelings.

QOTD: my goal is to lose 8 lbs this month. With a two year goal of 70. I am going to work hard to achieve this. I think I am finally out of excuses.

Ana
Hi Ana! Good luck with your goal! One of the advantages of these monthly challenges is that they give you short term goals that are manageable instead of looking at something that is so far away still. I truly like this, especially since I can start over again every months and adjust my monthly goals.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 06-01-2013, 02:21 AM   #19
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
QOTD Saturday, June 1, 2013: Please introduce yourself if you haven't already and share your goal for the challenge. How does your goal for June fit into your overall goals for the rest of the year?
First of all, thank you for coaching this week, Lisa!

I already introduced myself earlier and mentioned my goal. My longterm goal is to lose another 20 pounds - and I know that these will be difficult to get off as I have given up a few times just a little below the weight I have now. So I decided to give myself enough time. If I can manage to lose 3 pounds a month I would be able to get to my goal by the end of the year. So 3 pounds is my goal, but I am hoping for more - in order to have a little bit of a security cushion if at times the weight loss is not going to plan.

Quote:
Please be sure and PM your starting weight to our lovely hostess and your goal for this challenge.
Thanks for the reminder! And I am quoting it to reiterate it! I already got a number of PMs and I am hoping more will arrive during the course of the day today!!

I have added everyone who signed up so far to the first page. Please have a look if you are on the list! In case I forgot someone, please let me know!!!

Old 06-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #20
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Here again. I am not doing great with the weight stuff this year, but I am hanging in there. I have to think about my goal for this month. I am seriously considering just one pound, because with the way things have been going a month without a gain would be a victory!
Nothing wrong with a smaller, more achievable goal! It will keep you feeling successful!

Quote:
Hi, everyone! I'm in! I did a BL challenge on here quite a while ago, and believe it or not, that was the last successful time I was able to lose some weight. Picking up myself... and starting over.
We've all started over a time or two, so you are in good company!

Quote:
Hello all!

I'm Lisa and I will be your coach this week. I am veteran of many of the WISH challenges over the past few years. Each and every year I end the year weighing less than what I did at the start of the year so although my weight loss seems to move at a glacial pace at times I continue to make progress.

I am in the Pacific Time Zone so many times I will post the QOTD a bit early so you east coast folks, and beyond , have something to chat about in the morning.

QOTD Saturday, June 1, 2013: Please introduce yourself if you haven't already and share your goal for the challenge. How does your goal for June fit into your overall goals for the rest of the year?
]
My goal for June is to lose a solid 2 pounds by DD's graduation on 6/15 so that I am solidly back within my maintenance range and not needing shape wear under the new dress! Three or four pounds would be better, but I'm trying to be realistic.

My June goal fits well into my plan to stay within my maintenance range for at least the next year! I want to hit the big 5-0 feeling fit and slim and YOUTHFUL (even if my wrinkles and gray hair give me away!).

Happy Saturday folks! Thanks to everyone's prayers and PD, I ROCKED my second meeting presentation! Sure, I missed a few things, but overall it was so much better than Wednesday! I am now an official WW leader...and I have my first regular meeting assignment and it couldn't be better! It is literally the CLOSEST WW meeting to my home! (For those of you newbies, I live in the boondocks of NH and have to drive minimum of 30 minutes to virtually everything.) This is an "at location" meeting held in a church in the next town over....just about a 25 minute drive (maybe 22 if I rush ). Plus since it will be just me, I will be in charge of all of it...weigh-ins, sales, supplies, inventory. Sort of like my own little business!

I had initially wanted to hold off on committing to having my own meetings until the fall (figured I could stay busy just subbing in for vacations over the summer) since DD's schedule is still crazy, but I could not pass up the opportunity to have a meeting close to home!

Anyhow, thanks again for all of your support, encouraging words, and well wishes....it truly helped. :group hug:

I'm here at the Y with DD for swim practice, but didn't have it in me for a big workout, so I rested in the car for an hour, now I am catching up here, then I will study for my WW presentation for this coming week. I will get enough exercise this afternoon with weeding, mulching, planting, etc.

TTYL...............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #21
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Reserving my spot! PM'ed my WI and goal ---back soon for QOTD

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #22
donaldandpirates
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the welcome. And good morning!
Two goals:
Short-term - 8 lbs. this month; make some new friends.
Long-term - Princess Half 2014

Of course I'd love to lose a lot of weight. But my goal is to finish the PHM. Right now, I want that more than a number on a scale.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Old 06-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #23
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for coaching Lisa!

Hi, I'm Rose and I am a chronic stress eater. Now that we got that out of the way...I have been doing WISH challenges since 2010. Lost a bunch, found out I have a severe gluten issue, ran a bunch of races, and more recently gained some weight back. But my DH reminded me this morning, that we have had a bunch of stress over the last year or so, and that all in all I am doing good and to cut myself some slack. Yep, he is a good guy.

I am 45, work part-time for a non-profit, and have one ds who will be in graduate school this fall. I am a g-f vegetarian.

I set a goal this month of 2.8 pounds. Which is totally doable if my get my head in the game. I think part of the problem that I am having is I have no idea what my long term goal should be. When I lost in 2010/11 I got down to a weight that I did not think I would see again--most of that was through hard work, but at the end I was feeling so miserable with the gluten issues, that I really was not eating much, and was having some major malabsorption issues. So....having a hard time figuring out where I want to be. In order to see that low number it is going to take a huge amount of discipline--and I just don't know if it is worth it. Ten pounds will put me at a comfortable, maintainable weight. Twenty will put me back at my 2011 weight. We'll see. I am as always a work in progress.

My fitness goals--keep up with my mile a day for 2013 challenge, keep going to yoga, and run at least 3 days a week.

Welcome to all the new folks! Glad to have you.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #24
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Hi Everyone,
Since it's almost midnight, it's almost June 1st so I PM Floss to get in on this challenge. I figure it may help to be public about it too, so here goes:

144lbs/5lbs

At first glance not too ambitious, but I've been stalled for a while and 5lbs would be a very big deal getting into a lower decade on the scale. We'll see.
Best of luck to all!

Buggie (ahahha- I first typed that in as Buttie-which is actually a more accurate description of me
Good luck! I'm sure a new decade will be very motivating!

Quote:

Ana
Sounds like great goals, Ana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
One pound is still a loss! I used to set more ambitious goals, but decided to rather set lower goals that are achievable - hopefully that will then give me more of a motivation burst for the next month.
I'm following your example, Magdalene, and going with achievable goals!

Pamela, I know it will be hectic having your own meeting with everything else going on this summer but I know you will be glad in the Fall when you are all settled in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
Reserving my spot! PM'ed my WI and goal ---back soon for QOTD
Hi Molli! Nice to see you!

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome. And good morning!
Two goals:
Short-term - 8 lbs. this month; make some new friends.
Long-term - Princess Half 2014

Of course I'd love to lose a lot of weight. But my goal is to finish the PHM. Right now, I want that more than a number on a scale.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Great goals! I am doing the PHM myself in 2014. There will be several WISH folks there for that one so give yourself time to go to a meet or two.

I'm off to do my first 5k this morning -- I've done 5 half marathons and a couple of 10ks but never a 5k by itself.

Have a great Saturday!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #25
araes2102
Mouseketeer

Ok guys, I am here! I am REALLY going to try to be more active here... that is one of my goals for the month! My other goal will be a 5 lb loss... for the past 2 months I have lost about 4 lbs per month when I had a goal of 8 So this month I just want to challenge myself a bit and not set myself up for failure!

So I am Amanda. I work in child welfare for the state but have just recently decided I want a career change... to teaching! That way I will fit in with all you teachers No, I have just come to the realization that my field of work has just gotten more and more overwhelming and I am not making a difference. I would love to work more with the kids and spend more time with my own. Now just to find a way to make that work... On a personal level, I am engaged to DF, who makes me crazy at times but I still love him. And have two wonderful kids... my 6 yr old daughter who just finished kinder and my 12 yr old son who just finished his first year of middle school They also make me crazy at times but I them so so much

Anytway, looking forward to great month, one in which I get my butt back on track!

Magdalene for hostessing and Lisa for coaching!!

araes2102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #26
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I will be back tomorrow morning to answer the QOTD.
Hi Lisa and thanks for coaching

I already did a brief intro, but I'll add my goals for June. This month, I want to lose 4 pounds. And, this summer I want to lose about 10 total. My last 10 (I think lol) and the hardest 10. I also want to keep up with working out and head back to the gym after a hiatus because of DSs schedules. Soccer finished today, so after vacation I will start back asap!

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

144lbs/5lbs

Best of luck to all!

We are almost identical. I'm 144 but only set a goal of 4 pounds because of a very busy June with a week at the beach thrown in there. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post

Thanks Jill! I think I somehow mixed up the dates a little bit, I intended for each coaching week to start on Saturday. Will send you a PM about it to sort out the dates!
You're welcome, and I'll look for a PM with date changes. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

My goal for June is to lose a solid 2 pounds by DD's graduation on 6/15 so that I am solidly back within my maintenance range and not needing shape wear under the new dress! Three or four pounds would be better, but I'm trying to be realistic.

My June goal fits well into my plan to stay within my maintenance range for at least the next year! I want to hit the big 5-0 feeling fit and slim and YOUTHFUL (even if my wrinkles and gray hair give me away!).

Happy Saturday folks! Thanks to everyone's prayers and PD, I ROCKED my second meeting presentation! Sure, I missed a few things, but overall it was so much better than Wednesday! I am now an official WW leader...and I have my first regular meeting assignment and it couldn't be better! It is literally the CLOSEST WW meeting to my home! (For those of you newbies, I live in the boondocks of NH and have to drive minimum of 30 minutes to virtually everything.) This is an "at location" meeting held in a church in the next town over....just about a 25 minute drive (maybe 22 if I rush ). Plus since it will be just me, I will be in charge of all of it...weigh-ins, sales, supplies, inventory. Sort of like my own little business!

I had initially wanted to hold off on committing to having my own meetings until the fall (figured I could stay busy just subbing in for vacations over the summer) since DD's schedule is still crazy, but I could not pass up the opportunity to have a meeting close to home!

Anyhow, thanks again for all of your support, encouraging words, and well wishes....it truly helped. :group hug:

I'm here at the Y with DD for swim practice, but didn't have it in me for a big workout, so I rested in the car for an hour, now I am catching up here, then I will study for my WW presentation for this coming week. I will get enough exercise this afternoon with weeding, mulching, planting, etc.

TTYL...............P
Whoohoo! Congrats on the new job! I know you'll be so great at it and be able to share all of your knowledge. Too bad I'm so far away or I'd totally come to your meetings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a long last day of soccer. I'm exhausted (hehe...funny how I'm so tired from SITTING at games). DS7 had a 10:20 game followed by awards and group pictures. Then we had a soccer club meeting. DS10 had a game at 12:30 followed by awards and group pictures. We pulled in the driveway at 2:12, showered both kids, and ran back out for a birthday party at 3:00! I went bathing suit shopping with a friend while the kids were at the party. In the past, I've hated bathing suit shopping. It wasn't so bad today Now we are just relaxing and debating our evening. If it's not raining (which it is supposed to), we are heading to a friend's house for a fire. If it rains, we may head to my sister's to hang out or just stay home & relax.

I'm crazy busy this week, so I hope I can check in here & there. I will be out of town with my sister on Wednesday & Thursday for a sister getaway. Then my family leaves Friday for NC and the beach. So, I have to get everything done on Monday & Tuesday. Oh, did I add that DS10 has an honor's society banquet Monday night and drum lessons Tuesday night? And I thought summer would be less busy!

I'm going to go do some laundry, dishes, and some general cleaning. Oh yes, that's my Saturday afternoon, do not be jealous!

Have a great night!

Jill
Old 06-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #27
myweegirls
Caught the Disney Bug from my husband and am now hooked in my own right!

Hi everyone!

I'm in, again, and I'm also going to try and be more active on the thread this month. I think I managed to check in *once* in May. :P June promises to be nuts around here, but I'm back in as a maintainer. Here's me:

I'm 40, mom to 2 DDs (8 and 6) and wife to DH Eric (DEA on the boards). We live in northern Virginia, about 20 miles west of DC. We are big Disney fans, to put it mildly. I work two jobs, one entirely telecommuting and one telecommuting 4 days a week. I sing, I run, and I read for fun. I started running just over a year ago and got the bug - I've now completed 3 5Ks, a 10K, a 10-miler, and 2 half marathons. I have three more half marathons this year, and I'm signed up to do the Dopey Challenge at WDW in January! I'm currently doing ecoaching with Jeff Galloway to train for that event, and so far that's been great.

I grew up in Connecticut and moved to Boston a couple of years after college - serious Boston sports fan here. I was a skinny kid until high school, when I started gaining weight. From then on, I was always 30-40 pounds over a good weight for my frame and height. In 2001 (3 months before 9/11), I moved to DC to join DH (then DBoyfriend) when we got tired of being long distance. We got engaged just before the 2001 holidays, and I decided to get my weight under control at last. I'd done WW before and had been successful, but I always stopped going. In 2002, I dropped the weight, made lifetime, and kept it off until I got pregnant with DD (now 8). Pregnancy was brutal on my weight. I would watch what I ate and *still* balloon up - my OB told me that some women's bodies just hoard everything when they're pregnant, and she assured me I'd be able to get the weight back off. I gained 80 pounds with my first, lost almost all of it, and then gained 60 with my second. I got all but the last 20 off, and boy were they stubborn pounds. I recommitted to WW in early 2012 and lost it all. I set my goal up a few pounds from where it was in 2002 - my body just isn't the same! I've been maintaining for a year now.

But I still find it hard to maintain. I still get ticked off that I can't just inhale everything I want to inhale when I want to inhale it. I still resent that I'm someone who will always gain easily and lose with difficulty. But I've done this, so I know it's possible, and I know I can stay there, with reasonable efforts on my part. I splurge now and then, and vacations are never kind, poundwise, but I've always been able to get things back under control.

I've been sitting high in my maintain range this past month, and my goal for June is to get back to actual goal and maybe a smidge under...we leave June 29 for almost two weeks in California (woohoo!), and I'd really like to leave on that vacation in the best shape I can be in. Just have to balance good eating and exercise with the bajillion school-year-end activities going on this month!

XOXO
Liz

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

ABD ~ 2013 (Backstage Magic) * AKL ~ 2010 * AKV ~ 2012, 2013, 2014 * Aulani ~ 2014 * BLT ~ 2011 * BC ~ 2010, 2014 * BWI ~ 2010, 2012 * BWV ~ 2011 * DCL ~ 2012 (Dream/PC 3.0 & Fantasy/PC 4.0), 2013 (Dream), 2014 (Dream), 2015 (Wonder) * DL Offsite ~ 2013 * GC ~ 2011, 2014 * GF ~ 2011 * Poly ~ 2009, 2010 * POFQ ~ 2010 * Royal Caribbean ~ 2013 (Oasis/DIS Cruise 1.0) * WL ~ 2013

myweegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #28
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

I enjoyed reading the introductions and goals today -- I will have more to say about that tomorrow when I am back and can do replies.

I know that you guys have been missing my sparkpeople.com articles so I thought I would find one for you. This one is from the motivational quotes and I think the beginning of a challenge it is good to remind ourselves that we can learn from the past but it can also drag us down.

Memory can be used for good or for evil. If you use your past as a source of learning, itís worth remembering. If, however, all you do is mull over your mistakes and punish yourself for your failures, itís a waste of time. Rehashing failure can paralyze you in mortal fear of making another mistake. Which, of course, just makes this worse and practically guarantees future letdowns. The key to goal achievement is to pay more attention to the future than to the past. Have you ever noticed that the best athletes also have the shortest and most selective memories? Instead of dwelling on a missed shot or a flawed dive, they concentrate on making corrections and getting the next one right. Itís as if the failed attempt never happened. Itís forgotten and they donít fear trying again. If you mess up, even in an epic, life-altering way, work hard to leave it behind and concentrate on the possibilities yet to come. Tomorrow is much brighter when itís not smeared with a fixation on yesterday.

Which leads me to the QOTD for Sunday, June 2, 2013: Do you think your past weight loss experiences, good or bad, make it easier or harder for you to move forward with your healthy lifestyle?

I will be back tomorrow with my own answer and replies.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #29
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

QOTD June 1:

Hey all. I'm Buffy, Co-Moderator of the Creative Community. I'm 39 years old. I'm a Never at home mom of 4. Married to DH for 20 years.
I've lost 20 pounds since January with the help of my BL family and My Fitness Pal. I have 40-50 more pounds to go, depending on how I feel when I get to 135.

Short term goals:
June lose 5 pounds
run more than 6 minutes at one time at 5.5 mph
exercise at least 30 minutes every day (didn't do today, but did walk through the entire Ikea store, that was a workout.)
30 day shred at least 15 days this month

Long term goal:
Glass Slipper Challenge 2014
weigh 125-135
fit into the denim shorts that I wore when we lived in Hawaii.

QOTD June 2:

I don't know. It probably makes it easier in some ways because I know what not to do. Those stupid fad diets etc.
But it's hard because this isn't a diet, it is a lifestyle change.
I'm not 18 anymore, I can't just skip a few meals and lose a few pounds.
Even if I make it to 125-135, I will always be a fat person. I will always have to monitor my food intake and my burn off.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #30
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

Smile

Count me in this will be my first challenge. I will pm my weight tomorrow as it is my weight in day (doing ww online)

My name is Tara I'm 31 and live with my DH and our two dogs. I have recently had some health issues so I'm in between jobs at the moment. I have been very overweight for many years and started losing weight in feb.
my June goal is to loose 6 lbs
My long term goals are by sept.trip to have lost 22lbs

And to reach my first major goal by feb. 2014.

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: