Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #271
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

We just got back from Monster's U and we loved it.

Those people who are as old as I am will remember a movie with the same theme "The Revenge of the Nerds" Almost the same premise.

It was a lot of fun and we laughed a lot.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #272
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post

Those people who are as old as I am will remember a movie with the same theme "The Revenge of the Nerds" Almost the same premise.

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. It sounds like a good time. The Revenge of the Nerds? Oh my...I haven't seen those for...ever!

Jill
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #273
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

Can't wait to see MU as well; but we made a family pact to not see it until our cruise in 5 weeks! And Lone Ranger too

Fav movie; Mary Poppins and Alice in wonderland

Fav ride: tower of terror , I still get nervous on it!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #274
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

Good Morning everyone!!

First of all I want to thank Jill for coaching last week! I will be your coach for the last week of June and I hope we all will have a strong finish!

I have updated the first page with the weigh ins I got so far! It has become even more colourful!

If you have not send me your updated weight, you can do this anytime this weekend! I hope to get a few more numbers!!

My own weigh in wasn't as great as I had hoped, but I lost 0.5 pounds. And that puts me at 77% towards my goal of losing 3 pounds this week. I am sometimes a bit jealous of those of you who manage to lose more than my monthly goal in one week... Especially since I have been so good at staying OP every day this week. But I decided to keep what I am doing for now and try to reevaluate after another two or three weeks. Things like the heat last week and TOM do have an influence on my weight, so I think trends need to be observed over a longer period of time than only one week.

QOTD for the Weekend:

We are starting into the last week of the month! Is there anything you plan to focus on during the next week that will help you to reach your goal of the month?

Mine will be to exercise more. I am finally rid of that stupid work cell phone so I can focus on spending time for exercise again!! Also the weather is cooler again, quite perfect for running and I am really looking forward to going for runs in the next few days!

I am a bit afraid that this will make me hungrier, but I decided that I will eat some of my activity points if I manage to get more active!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:53 AM   #275
Flossbolna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Monsters University is finally here! Anyone going to see it this weekend?

QOTD Friday, June 21

What is your favorite Disney movie? Also, what is your favorite ride at any of the Disney parks and why do you love it?
I just bought the ticket to see MU tomorrow morning - in English!! I am so happy that my local cinema shows some films in the original, that's so much nicer than when they are dubbed into German.

QOTD:
If I need to pick a favourite movie, I would pick Cinderella, but more for nostalgic reasons. As a kid my favourite Disney movie was Pete's Dragon.

And favourite ride? That's even more difficult to pick. I think for me it would be Big Thunder Mountain in Disneyland Paris.

Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 06-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #276
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Good morning all!

I am officially done with work until I return from vacation yet I still woke up at 3:00 a.m. unable to go back to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post

Sounds like fun, Dona! Hope your son is feeling okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
Can't wait to see MU as well; but we made a family pact to not see it until our cruise in 5 weeks! And Lone Ranger too

Fav movie; Mary Poppins and Alice in wonderland

Fav ride: tower of terror , I still get nervous on it!
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one waiting to see things on the ship.

I still get nervous on Tower of Terror, too, Molli. And at the things that jump out from behind the tombstones at Haunted Mansion. They scared me when I was a kid -- they scare me today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Good Morning everyone!!

First of all I want to thank Jill for coaching last week! I will be your coach for the last week of June and I hope we all will have a strong finish!

I have updated the first page with the weigh ins I got so far! It has become even more colourful!

If you have not send me your updated weight, you can do this anytime this weekend! I hope to get a few more numbers!!

My own weigh in wasn't as great as I had hoped, but I lost 0.5 pounds. And that puts me at 77% towards my goal of losing 3 pounds this week. I am sometimes a bit jealous of those of you who manage to lose more than my monthly goal in one week... Especially since I have been so good at staying OP every day this week. But I decided to keep what I am doing for now and try to reevaluate after another two or three weeks. Things like the heat last week and TOM do have an influence on my weight, so I think trends need to be observed over a longer period of time than only one week.

QOTD for the Weekend:

We are starting into the last week of the month! Is there anything you plan to focus on during the next week that will help you to reach your goal of the month?

Mine will be to exercise more. I am finally rid of that stupid work cell phone so I can focus on spending time for exercise again!! Also the weather is cooler again, quite perfect for running and I am really looking forward to going for runs in the next few days!

I am a bit afraid that this will make me hungrier, but I decided that I will eat some of my activity points if I manage to get more active!
Thanks for hostessing and coaching this week!

Quote:
I just bought the ticket to see MU tomorrow morning - in English!! I am so happy that my local cinema shows some films in the original, that's so much nicer than when they are dubbed into German.

QOTD:
If I need to pick a favourite movie, I would pick Cinderella, but more for nostalgic reasons. As a kid my favourite Disney movie was Pete's Dragon.

And favourite ride? That's even more difficult to pick. I think for me it would be Big Thunder Mountain in Disneyland Paris.

Ooo, I love seeing pictures from other Disney parks! That is one of my dreams to see every Disney Park in person some day.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #277
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Happy Saturday friends! I'm here at the Brown University pool for a swim meet. What a beautiful facility!

IPad battery apparently did not charge this morning so I am not taking the time to do replies or answer the QOTD. Want to save battery so I can waste.....errrr, I mean SPEND time on Pinterest.

Monsters U was sweet and funny....DD could definitely relate to the over-achieving Mike.... And DS sadly related to the UNDER-achieving Sully! Be sure to stay til the VERY end!

TTYL after I charge up a bit!............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #278
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Flossbolna;48747953]

QOTD for the Weekend:

QUOTE]

Well, I'm focussing on the running.......went to the gym this morning and did 5K in 47:01......getting a little better each time, but nowhere near as fast as I run outside!! (Current record is 39:59)

Realised today that I run my first 5K in only 2 weeks!!!!!! Have already got £100 in sponsorship for our local Air Ambulance.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #279
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good Morning everyone!!

You're welcome! Thank you for coaching this last week.

Congrats on the loss

QOTD for the Weekend:

QOTD~I already know I am not going to meet my goal for June. I am now just trying to lose the weight that I gained on vacation. This week I am planning on more healthy eating (I did pretty good the last couple days) and train for walking a half marathon. Being on a training plan is going to keep me moving. Plus, my sister & I are doing it together, so we are counting on each other. It always helps to have a set workout with a buddy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope everyone had a great Saturday. It was pretty hot in western PA. Tomorrow, it's supoosed to continue to be hot but the humidy is supposed to get worse. I can't stand humidity!

We had a busy day but now I am just relaxing before DSs head to bed. We are attending a different church tomorrow where DS10 is going to camp. The kids are running the service, so it should be fun. I will probably bring DSs home after and head out to the grocery store. Fun times

I'll check back in tomorrow.

Jill
Old 06-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #280
Flossbolna

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I saw Monsters University today and thought it was very loveable film. Enjoyed it a lot!!

But the highlight of the day was when I stepped on the scale this morning and I had nearly a pound less than yesterday!! This number was 100 grams (I am on the metric system here) below my lowest number so far just before I left for vacation. And when I entered it in my weight tracking app in my iphone (I do this daily, gives me a great visual how my weight is over all going down in the last 6 months!) the colour scheme of the page went from yellow to green as I am now down to a BMI of exactly 25 and the app now considers me no longer overweight!!! The last time I was this low was in February 2011... I am so excited that I now getting to work on really old pounds, not some which I gained recently!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post

Well, I'm focussing on the running.......went to the gym this morning and did 5K in 47:01......getting a little better each time, but nowhere near as fast as I run outside!! (Current record is 39:59)

Realised today that I run my first 5K in only 2 weeks!!!!!! Have already got £100 in sponsorship for our local Air Ambulance.
5 km in 40 minutes is not bad at all for someone who is new at running!! I am very impressed. I am such a slow runner... And well done on also raising money for charity!!

Quote:
QOTD~I already know I am not going to meet my goal for June. I am now just trying to lose the weight that I gained on vacation. This week I am planning on more healthy eating (I did pretty good the last couple days) and train for walking a half marathon. Being on a training plan is going to keep me moving. Plus, my sister & I are doing it together, so we are counting on each other. It always helps to have a set workout with a buddy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope everyone had a great Saturday. It was pretty hot in western PA. Tomorrow, it's supoosed to continue to be hot but the humidy is supposed to get worse. I can't stand humidity!

We had a busy day but now I am just relaxing before DSs head to bed. We are attending a different church tomorrow where DS10 is going to camp. The kids are running the service, so it should be fun. I will probably bring DSs home after and head out to the grocery store. Fun times

I'll check back in tomorrow.

Jill
That's really great that you have a training buddy who keeps you motivated! Hope the humidity is not too bad! We are back to rather cool weather, but I prefer it this way. If the weather can't be perfect, I rather have it on the cooler side, much easier to stay active that way!

Old 06-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #281
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

I saw Monsters University today and thought it was very loveable film. Enjoyed it a lot!!

But the highlight of the day was when I stepped on the scale this morning and I had nearly a pound less than yesterday!! This number was 100 grams (I am on the metric system here) below my lowest number so far just before I left for vacation. And when I entered it in my weight tracking app in my iphone (I do this daily, gives me a great visual how my weight is over all going down in the last 6 months!) the colour scheme of the page went from yellow to green as I am now down to a BMI of exactly 25 and the app now considers me no longer overweight!!! The last time I was this low was in February 2011... I am so excited that I now getting to work on really old pounds, not some which I gained recently!!
!
WONDERFUL!Way to go! Good news!

Delightfully happy Sunday to everyone! Beautiful weather here today! DD has just one event to swim so we shouldn't be here too long today. From here we head to a hotel closer to Bristol, RI to be ready for tomorrow's college orientation. Sounds like a lot of sitting and listening for the parents.... but I'll be sure to have comfy shoes on to walk the campus whenever I get a break.

Good news is that they are feeding us both days....bad news is that they are feeding us both days! No idea what to expect and I didn't plan well and blew my flex Points on popcorn and M&M'S on Friday and an appetizer last night! Not sure what I was thinking! (Obviously I WASN'T thinking!) Fingers crossed that there'd will be lots of fruit and plenty of greens available!

Off to check on how the swim is progressing along! ..............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #282
DoomBuggieDriver
Boston Strong

Hope to stay on track this week and finish strong with exercise, and staying away from pasta. Like Floss TOM creates problems as does turning 51 next month. The weight doesn't drop easily.

Favorite Dis movie: Beauty and the Beast
Favorite ride: Haunted Mansion, of course

Haven't been to WDW since 2000 I think? Time to go back!

BRUINS ARE DONE
Congrats to the Black Hawks, the better team

Poly 1997
BWI 2000
DCL Magic Western 2004
DoomBuggieDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:30 AM   #283
Flossbolna

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
WONDERFUL!Way to go! Good news!

Delightfully happy Sunday to everyone! Beautiful weather here today! DD has just one event to swim so we shouldn't be here too long today. From here we head to a hotel closer to Bristol, RI to be ready for tomorrow's college orientation. Sounds like a lot of sitting and listening for the parents.... but I'll be sure to have comfy shoes on to walk the campus whenever I get a break.

Good news is that they are feeding us both days....bad news is that they are feeding us both days! No idea what to expect and I didn't plan well and blew my flex Points on popcorn and M&M'S on Friday and an appetizer last night! Not sure what I was thinking! (Obviously I WASN'T thinking!) Fingers crossed that there'd will be lots of fruit and plenty of greens available!

Off to check on how the swim is progressing along! ..............P
Hope you are having fun at the orientation!! And that they feed you healthy foods!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggieDriver View Post
Hope to stay on track this week and finish strong with exercise, and staying away from pasta. Like Floss TOM creates problems as does turning 51 next month. The weight doesn't drop easily.

I found out that I can't live without pasta - it is my favourite food! But I have decreased my usual portion substantially. I use a scale and weigh the pasta dry and I am down to 60 grams as a standard portion. I used to eat 125 grams (which is half a standard packet here). Took me years to get down there and I am sure a lot of it was just psychological. I just needed to learn to be happy with less of my favourite food. And I have nearly always only wholgrain pasta at home. I have gotten to the point where white pasta does not taste as good anymore, it is too bland to me.

And it is no surprise that the Haunted Mansion is your favourite!!!

---

Hope everyone has a great start into the week!!

Mine started with the scale being nice to me again!! I am down another 100 grams. Not much, but it all adds up in the long run. And I am just so happy to see these new numbers!! I think I am starting to see the results of my great totally OP week last week. If I had just looked at it from Friday to Friday I would have been disappointed. It seemed to take longer to kick in. I guess that this is a lesson: if you start doing something new - you need to watch it over a little bit of a longer period of time! Don't give up after only one week!!

QOTD for Monday:

Keeping oyur body hydrated is good for you anyway, but I found out that for weight loss it is even more important. Do you drink enough liquid? Do you drink plain water or something else? Do you have any strategy on how to make sure that you drink enough?

Old 06-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #284
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
QOTD for the Weekend:

I worked very hard to stay on track this week-end in spite of the travel related stress and am keeping my fingers crossed for a good weigh in today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post

Helen, you have some great times for your 5K -- you are making great progress!

Jill, hope you can find a way to stay cool in the warm weather. I think you are having a fun summer with your boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggieDriver View Post

Of course! Here's some you get to go back to WDW soon.

Pamela, hope that orientation is fun and success!

Quote:

Mine started with the scale being nice to me again!! I am down another 100 grams. Not much, but it all adds up in the long run. And I am just so happy to see these new numbers!! I think I am starting to see the results of my great totally OP week last week. If I had just looked at it from Friday to Friday I would have been disappointed. It seemed to take longer to kick in. I guess that this is a lesson: if you start doing something new - you need to watch it over a little bit of a longer period of time! Don't give up after only one week!!

QOTD for Monday:

Keeping oyur body hydrated is good for you anyway, but I found out that for weight loss it is even more important. Do you drink enough liquid? Do you drink plain water or something else? Do you have any strategy on how to make sure that you drink enough?
I do a good job keeping myself hydrated thanks to living in the Arizona desert for years and years.

Thank you, Magdalene, for hostessing and coaching this week!

I will see you all on the July thread. Finish strong!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #285
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Talking

Quote:
Good Morning everyone!!

Thanks Jill and thank YOU for hosting this month!

QOTD for the Weekend:

Since I totally bombed this month, I plan on making this week the best...OP, more exercise minutes, and sticking to the little goals.

Great advice and just when I need it!!

QOTD for Monday:

[/QUOTE]

This is one area of weight loss I rarely ever have a problem with. I'm a total grape Propel junkie and just started with the orange Mio drops. I just seem to be able to down more H20 when it has some flavor to it.

Quote:
Monsters University is finally here! Anyone going to see it this weekend?

DH promised me next weekend! Whoo hoo!!

QOTD Friday, June 21

What is your favorite Disney movie? Also, what is your favorite ride at any of the Disney parks and why do you love it?
Missed that one next week but have to chime in. Movie-that's a tough one but I have to say 101 Dalmations. Mainly because of the one scene where they all end up disguising themselves as...BLACK LABS! yeah!!

And fave ride-that's also a tough one but I have to say it's a toss up between Haunted Mansion and Soarin'. Or RNR Coaster...or the Great Movie Ride...or Expedition Everest....

So we survived our "Break in the Bar" party Saturday night. I think if it takes you 6 hours to clean up the next day, that's probably a good indicator of how great a party it was! At one point the Wonder Mutt had 4 other dogs running around with her...all black! I found more dog toys around the backyard Sunday morning! Now that that is over with, time for this girl to get her dupa in gear and get back on the "take care of me" wagon....starting with OP every day and sweating my brains out in yoga tonight! I know I won't hit my goal this month, but I'm glad to have my head in the right place. What's on everyone's plan for the last week of June? (ALREADY!!!)

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: