Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #256
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!
 
ohMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,796
DISboards Moderator

again...I am too far behind!!!

my apologies...I really intended on being more frequent. I guess it's good that I've been really busy and not much computering time! I try to read on my phone but it's too overwhelming...lol

sending out the Whoosh Fairy for her rounds for us tonight!! BEST WISHES TO MY LOSER FRIENDS!
__________________


Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:39 AM   #257
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!
 
ohMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,796
DISboards Moderator

Well drat! I was so good with my eating this week, but haven't exercised as meds were off and i had zero, no minus zero energy. Guess I'm glad the scale still showed me the lower number from two weeks ago that is below my cushings diagnosis weight. But sadly i didn't lose this week and now have to lose 2 next week to meet my goal for the month .
__________________


Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #258
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.
 
bigsis1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Standish, Maine
Posts: 7,427

Thanks Jill - I am not sure he is actively looking - - he is turning 63 in Aug and I think he'll just start collecting SSI if he can..

so the scale has been good to me this week and I am down .5 again.. last night I did my day 9 ab work out (I'm a few days behind) and I was able to do 15 sit-ups without using my arms to help me, I did 30 total along with 12 crunches and leg raises and a 20 second plank.. UGH I haven't done any ab work since Sun so it was rough! then I walked for 35 mins around my neighborhood..

so the weather up here is supposed to get steamy again this coming weekend and beginning of next week, so i think we might be visiting the beach - if I can find a suit!
__________________

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13


8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #259
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,486

Good morning all!

Pamela, I can't believe how busy it is around your house lately -- summer is for chilling. Hope you can take a breather soon!

Sounds like a fun day fishing, Jill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
Well drat! I was so good with my eating this week, but haven't exercised as meds were off and i had zero, no minus zero energy. Guess I'm glad the scale still showed me the lower number from two weeks ago that is below my cushings diagnosis weight. But sadly i didn't lose this week and now have to lose 2 next week to meet my goal for the month .
Congrats on the lower number, Molli! WISHing you the number you want to see next week!

I had a .8 gain at WW yesterday. Don't know why really. Ate within my points and didn't even use one weekly point. Luckily I get one more weigh in before I leave on Monday and will keep my fingers crossed that whoosh fairy comes to my house after she is done at yours!

Have a great day all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #260
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Thanks Jill - I am not sure he is actively looking - - he is turning 63 in Aug and I think he'll just start collecting SSI if he can..

so the scale has been good to me this week and I am down .5 again.. last night I did my day 9 ab work out (I'm a few days behind) and I was able to do 15 sit-ups without using my arms to help me, I did 30 total along with 12 crunches and leg raises and a 20 second plank.. UGH I haven't done any ab work since Sun so it was rough! then I walked for 35 mins around my neighborhood..

so the weather up here is supposed to get steamy again this coming weekend and beginning of next week, so i think we might be visiting the beach - if I can find a suit!
Congrats on the new lower number, Michelle! A day at the beach sounds divine!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #261
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
again...I am too far behind!!!

my apologies...I really intended on being more frequent. I guess it's good that I've been really busy and not much computering time! I try to read on my phone but it's too overwhelming...lol

sending out the Whoosh Fairy for her rounds for us tonight!! BEST WISHES TO MY LOSER FRIENDS!
Jump back in! It's good to see you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
Well drat! I was so good with my eating this week, but haven't exercised as meds were off and i had zero, no minus zero energy. Guess I'm glad the scale still showed me the lower number from two weeks ago that is below my cushings diagnosis weight. But sadly i didn't lose this week and now have to lose 2 next week to meet my goal for the month .
Sorry you didn't have a loss this week, but keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll see a loss soon!


Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Thanks Jill - I am not sure he is actively looking - - he is turning 63 in Aug and I think he'll just start collecting SSI if he can..

so the scale has been good to me this week and I am down .5 again.. last night I did my day 9 ab work out (I'm a few days behind) and I was able to do 15 sit-ups without using my arms to help me, I did 30 total along with 12 crunches and leg raises and a 20 second plank.. UGH I haven't done any ab work since Sun so it was rough! then I walked for 35 mins around my neighborhood..

so the weather up here is supposed to get steamy again this coming weekend and beginning of next week, so i think we might be visiting the beach - if I can find a suit!
Congrats on the loss and your workout

It's supposed to get warm here, too. 89 for the next 5 days or so. I just wish it wasn't so humid I hope you make it to the beach. It sounds like a wonderful way to get some relief from the heat (and hopefully relax a bit, too).


Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post

I had a .8 gain at WW yesterday. Don't know why really. Ate within my points and didn't even use one weekly point. Luckily I get one more weigh in before I leave on Monday and will keep my fingers crossed that whoosh fairy comes to my house after she is done at yours!

Have a great day all!
Sometimes weight goes up and down and, I swear, there's no rhyme or reason I hope the whoosh fairy visits you soon!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm running a bit late today, so I'm going to post the QOTD right now. Sorry!

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #262
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,137

Monsters University is finally here! Anyone going to see it this weekend?

QOTD Friday, June 21

What is your favorite Disney movie? Also, what is your favorite ride at any of the Disney parks and why do you love it?
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #263
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Sometimes weight goes up and down and, I swear, there's no rhyme or reason I hope the whoosh fairy visits you soon!
Jill
Thanks, Jill! I don't get too excited about any fluctuations as long as they are less than a pound -- just hoping for a better finish to this challenge for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Monsters University is finally here! Anyone going to see it this weekend?

QOTD Friday, June 21

What is your favorite Disney movie? Also, what is your favorite ride at any of the Disney parks and why do you love it?
We get to see Monsters University on the Magic next week. And Lone Ranger the week after. That is one of those great Disney cruise perks.

My favorite Disney movie is Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. I can watch that movie over and over. Of course I am a big Johnny Depp fan.

My favorite ride at any Disney park is Radiator Springs Racers.



This is IMHO the best ride in any Disney park in over 50 years of visiting DLR! From the fabulous theming and landscape from the moment that you step into Carsland to that exciting moment you race across the Finish Line this is a truly memorable and fun Disney ride that you want to experience again and again. This is the kind of ride that makes me excited about the next generation of rides that Disney will be providing to it's guests!

Aren't you glad you asked?

Last edited by lisah0711; 06-21-2013 at 10:45 AM.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #264
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.
 
bigsis1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Standish, Maine
Posts: 7,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Monsters University is finally here! Anyone going to see it this weekend?

QOTD Friday, June 21

What is your favorite Disney movie? Also, what is your favorite ride at any of the Disney parks and why do you love it?
I am !!! Saturday Night with the Hubs

My favorite Disney movie is the Lion King.. My favorite ride is Kilmanjaro Safari - I just love it! everything about it makes me feel like I am far off in the wilds of Africa or I imagine what is must be like - will prob never get to go on a "real" one so this is my real one!

Happy Friday and weekend all - see you Monday!
__________________

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13


8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #265
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...
 
donac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Jersey Shore
Posts: 5,206

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Monsters University is finally here! Anyone going to see it this weekend?

QOTD Friday, June 21

What is your favorite Disney movie? Also, what is your favorite ride at any of the Disney parks and why do you love it?
I have to see how ds2 is doing. He is having 4 teeth removed tomorrow morning. If he is okay on Sunday we may go or we may go tonight if he doesn't have anything else planned.

My favorite Disney movie is hard to pick since I love so many of them

My favorite ride is either POC or HM since I saw those on the Wonderful World of Disney years before I even got a chance to see them in person.

4 more days to go and then I am done for 2 weeks before I start three weeks of prep courses.

Have a happy and healthy day
__________________
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #266
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!
 
BernardandMissBianca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blink and ya miss it, CT
Posts: 23,277
DISboards Moderator

Woohoo!! Down a bit this week which finally put me down below 175. Barely but I'm under!
Bout dang time too

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
__________________
~BuffyDHDS18DS13DS12DD8
Focus your attention.
BernardandMissBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #267
Eliza32
DIS Veteran
 
Eliza32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yorkshire, England
Posts: 1,225

Well, my favourite ride....there are so many!! Just asked DH and he came up with the same as me........Rock n Roller Coaster.....we both love the adrenalin rush soooo much!

As for Disney films......I really like Ratatouille, it's cute but meaningful too.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #268
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion
 
pjlla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: South Central NH
Posts: 9,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
Monsters University is finally here! Anyone going to see it this weekend?

QOTD Friday, June 21

What is your favorite Disney movie? Also, what is your favorite ride at any of the Disney parks and why do you love it?
Too hard to answer! If I was pressed to answer I guess I'd go with The Little Mermaid as favorite movie and Soarin' as my favorite ride...or maybe Rockin'Rollercoaster.

Yes, we are going to see Monster University in about an hour! I didn't think we would be able to fit it in this weekend, but DD isn't swimming until tomorrow afternoon, so we can squeeze it in.

Another busy day here starting with 5:30 am practice and a big shop at Target before heading home for lunch, yard work, laundry, etc.

Off to hit the shower! TTYL................P
__________________




WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #269
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
We get to see Monsters University on the Magic next week. And Lone Ranger the week after. That is one of those great Disney cruise perks.

My favorite Disney movie is Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl. I can watch that movie over and over. Of course I am a big Johnny Depp fan.

My favorite ride at any Disney park is Radiator Springs Racers.

This is IMHO the best ride in any Disney park in over 50 years of visiting DLR! From the fabulous theming and landscape from the moment that you step into Carsland to that exciting moment you race across the Finish Line this is a truly memorable and fun Disney ride that you want to experience again and again. This is the kind of ride that makes me excited about the next generation of rides that Disney will be providing to it's guests!

Aren't you glad you asked?
I can't believe you get to see both Monsters University and Lone Ranger while on the cruise. That. Is. So. Cool!

The Pirates movies are pretty good. I just told DH that we need to watch them again in order since it's been so long since we've seen them.

I would LOVE to ride Radiator Springs Racers! One day I'll get there. Do you go often?


Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
I am !!! Saturday Night with the Hubs

Yay Yay Yay!!

My favorite Disney movie is the Lion King.. My favorite ride is Kilmanjaro Safari - I just love it! everything about it makes me feel like I am far off in the wilds of Africa or I imagine what is must be like - will prob never get to go on a "real" one so this is my real one!

Happy Friday and weekend all - see you Monday!
We love Lion King as well. Have you ever seen the Broadway show? I'm sure it is spectacular! The Safari is so relaxing to me. Have you been on when anything crazy has happened? I've heard of delays because of crossing animals or animals in the roads.


Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
I have to see how ds2 is doing. He is having 4 teeth removed tomorrow morning. If he is okay on Sunday we may go or we may go tonight if he doesn't have anything else planned.

Poor DS. That's no way to spend your weekend! I hope you get to the movie

My favorite Disney movie is hard to pick since I love so many of them

They are all wonderful.

My favorite ride is either POC or HM since I saw those on the Wonderful World of Disney years before I even got a chance to see them in person.

These are totally classic Disney and so fun! These two are special to me because I can remember my dad's love of them on our first trip in 1982 when I was 5 years old!

4 more days to go and then I am done for 2 weeks before I start three weeks of prep courses.

Have a happy and healthy day
Congrats on finishing up soon. Enjoy your days off


Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Woohoo!! Down a bit this week which finally put me down below 175. Barely but I'm under!
Bout dang time too

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Big Congrats!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Well, my favourite ride....there are so many!! Just asked DH and he came up with the same as me........Rock n Roller Coaster.....we both love the adrenalin rush soooo much!

As for Disney films......I really like Ratatouille, it's cute but meaningful too.
At least you both love those thrill rides! That must make it fun on your trips.

Ratatouille is a great movie. Have you met Remy at Chefs de France in Epcot yet?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

QOTD~First of all, we probably won't make it to see Monsters University this weekend. But, we may go Monday depending on the show times.

My favorite Disney movie is probably Beauty and the Beast. I love the story and the music. But then again, you can't go wrong with Disney movies. Although, I haven't seen John Carter (DS7's name is Carter John which I think is hilarious) and I know it got terrible reviews.

My favorite ride is hard. I do love the classics of HM and POtC, but Soarin and Big Thunder Mountain RR are my 2 faves. If I had to pick one, I'd pick Soarin.


Hey...I thought I multiquoted Pam, but it's missing Anyhow, we had a fun day today. I did 30DS then DH decided we should play tennis. So, we took DS7 and played for about an hour. DS7 only played a bit. He wanted to play on the playground next to the tennis courts at the park. We were the only ones playing at 11:45 in 85 degree sun, so we could keep our eyes on him. He also sat under a tree in the shade and watched us to tell us when the ball was out

Good news! A shelter had one opening today for a cat & we got the mama cat in! They adopt out and other rescues help to get the cats into foster homes, so I hope she has a great life. This shelter does euthenize, but only aggressive and sick animals, so DSs are happy. My cat hating DH took her, came home, and told us "she's the cutest cat there." We continue to bring the kitten in to be with us. Our dog is doing so much better, but still barks at her. The dog just wants to sniff and lick the kitten. The kitten DOES NOT want to be sniffed or licked Hopefully we can find her a home soon!

One more thing to add...DSis and I wanted motivation to exercise more, so we are signing up for the Biggest Loser Erie, PA Half Marathon! Whoop! The only problem is that it is 7 weeks away and we don't have time to train for that running, so we are going to walk it. We are excited and start training tomorrow for the long walks. We usually only walk 4 miles (one hour) so we need to step it up! We are pretty excite! My BIL is going to run it. DH is going to ask for the night off so he and the kids can come, too. I asked DH is he wanted to walk it with us, and I believe he shot me a look of death then said "no, I'm good." He's not a walker or runner

I'm off to find Pam's missing quote and to get some laundry started. I'll be later to check in.

Jill
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #270
jillbur
DIS Veteran
 
jillbur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western PA
Posts: 1,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Too hard to answer! If I was pressed to answer I guess I'd go with The Little Mermaid as favorite movie and Soarin' as my favorite ride...or maybe Rockin'Rollercoaster.

Yes, we are going to see Monster University in about an hour! I didn't think we would be able to fit it in this weekend, but DD isn't swimming until tomorrow afternoon, so we can squeeze it in.

Another busy day here starting with 5:30 am practice and a big shop at Target before heading home for lunch, yard work, laundry, etc.

Off to hit the shower! TTYL................P
The music in The Little Mermaid is some of my favorite. Did you go on the Voyage of the Little Mermaid a few times with DD? Soarin and RnR are like complete opposite rides. One is so relaxing and the other is not! Glad you like them both.

Have fun at the movies!
__________________
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: