Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #196
Flossbolna
Sea days are just so relaxing!
Once you are as old as I am, you will understand!

QOTD Friday 14th June 2013

You are sent to a desert island for a month, you have to live on just one variety from each of the categories below, water is freely available, what would you choose?:

1) Fruit - pineapple
2) Vegetable - tomato
3) Hot Drink - Earl Grey tea (hot with milk )
4) Cold Drink (non alcoholic) - milk (for the tea and for cooking!)
5) Alcoholic Drink - white wine
6) Meat - beef (lean steak or mince)
7) Either Pasta, Rice or Noodles? pasta
8) Cheese - soft goat cheese
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:29 PM   #197
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Glad everyone is doing so well, scales moving in a positive (or should that be negative) directon this week generally. Although I've lost nothing so far in June, I am really happy to have lost my conference gain. Still 2 weeks to try and hit my 7lb target though (but not too hopeful as I'm on holiday for the last week n June and am going away camping, which always means 'bad' food.......fruit toast, butter, porridge, you name it!!! Got to have a good holiday though!

Not able to take on hosting in July as I'm really busy, but happy to take another week coaching - I quite enjoy coming up with questions that I hope you guys find interesting.

Father's Day here on Sunday, so going visiting to see OH's dad (mine left this mortal earth 17 years ago)

Have a good weekend
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #198
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

1) Fruit. Banana
2) Vegetable. Spinach
3) Hot Drink
4) Cold Drink (non alcoholic) Lemonade
5) Alcoholic Drink. Margarita
6) Meat. Chicken
7) Either Pasta, Rice or Noodles? Rice
8) Cheese. Mozzarella

Although I could do without the alcohol and the cheese because I hate both.

Ana
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #199
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

I haven't really lost much yet but I did put on my skinny jeans without the dreaded muffin top. Plus I took my kids out to eat and stopped myself from scarfing down fries. I ate chicken instead.
Small victories make it easier.

Ana
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #200
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post

You are sent to a desert island for a month, you have to live on just one variety from each of the categories below, water is freely available, what would you choose?:

1) Fruit
2) Vegetable
3) Hot Drink
4) Cold Drink (non alcoholic)
5) Alcoholic Drink
6) Meat
7) Either Pasta, Rice or Noodles?
8) Cheese

Have a good day, be back later to see what you're all up to, good luck with this weeks weigh-in.
1) Fruit-apple
2) Vegetable-green beans
3) Hot Drink-decaf coffee
4) Cold Drink (non alcoholic)-iced tea
5) Alcoholic Drink-sangria
6) Meat-chicken
7) Either Pasta, Rice or Noodles?-rice
8) Cheese-pepper jack

I think we all should go ahead and plan a trip to a island together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
The front page has become more colourful!! I have added everyone's resutls that I have so far.

Congratulations to all the losers!! We did see some fantastic results this week!!

I will take over coaching for one day tomorrow and then Jill will do the next week.

If anyone would like to try coaching, the last week of June is still available. I want to encourage especially the new participants! It really is not that difficult, just post a QOTD and many coaches also try to keep the conversation going during their week - depending on how much time they have. Many of us find that during weeks when they are coaching they find it easier to stay focussed on the weight loss. So if anyone wants to give it a try, send me a PM!!

Also: July hosting is still available!!!
I PM'd you this morning that I could start coaching tomorrow. If you happen to post a QOTD, I'll take over one Sunday. If I don't see one, I'll post one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I MISSED YOU GUYS!! I tried so hard to make time for the thread while at the beach, but I found myself not wanting to have anything to do with electronics We had 6 children between 2nd and 5th grades and only one was really on an electronic device (a DS and Kindle). That boy was there with his grandparents (our friend's parents~our friend's invited us and another family), so he had no parent telling him no all week Anyhow, we had a blast and we are home now I must confess, I only worked out 3 days (walking 2 days and walk/run the other). I also did not eat very healthy. I am so worried about weighing in tomorrow. I feel so bloated, so I know I've gained. I'll be going grocery shopping in the morning, so I need to make a menu & list tonight. I need to make sure I get plenty of fruits and veggies this week. The one good thing, I drink a ton of water!

So, I'm all caught up and ready for tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'm posting the QOTD tomorrow or Magdalene is, but either way, I'll be here! I'm excited to be back and hopefully everyone's losses will be motivation for me for the rest of June.

Have a great night.

Jill
Old 06-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #201
DoomBuggieDriver
Boston Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa
Oh you make me feel much better. 2 weeks and still nothing. 140.
Stay the course. I love that.

I'll try the celery, thank you!!
My foods would be
1) Fruit - strawberries
2) Vegetable - asparagus
3) Hot Drink - tea
4) Cold Drink (non alcoholic) - pear juice
5) Alcoholic Drink - champagne
6) Meat - eggs
7) Either Pasta, Rice or Noodles? - rice
8) Cheese - brie

Thank you! I am blaming it on nursing the baby. I'm going to try going for a run before dinner tonight - that usually helps.

Good idea! I tried sunflower seeds but I ate a lot (too many) of them!

Ok folks, my choices:
Fruit: strawberries
Vegetable: green beans
Hot drink: tea
Cold drink: gaterade fruit punch-keeps me from getting headaches when overheate
alcoholic drink: amstel light beer
Meat: rib eye steak
Pasta, rice , noodles: pasta!!! Love it but only once a week now
Cheese: cheddar

BRUINS ARE DONE
Congrats to the Black Hawks, the better team

Poly 1997
BWI 2000
DCL Magic Western 2004
DoomBuggieDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:10 PM   #202
TARAMEOW
Mouseketeer

Ok I'll play
Fruit: watermelon
Vegetable: honestly mashed potatoes lol but to be healthy red peppers
Hot drink: hot chocolate
Cold drink: Diet Pepsi
alcoholic drink: I don't drink but daiquiri
Meat: veggie burgers please !
Pasta, rice , noodles: I'm a carb addict so ill trade the rest for the carbs! Noodles are the best ....
Cheese: cheddar

TARAMEOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #203
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

I went over my calories today, but not by a ton. I feel better too, so that's a plus. I didn't want to feel nauseous and hungry tomorrow because DS16 and I have a long run to do. 3 miles for me, not really long but longer than I've been doing for the most part. That would be a short run for him. LOL

I'm really ready mentally to start official Princess Training but I am trying to convince myself to not push it. I want to run 6-7 miles now, but I don't want to risk getting hurt. I didn't run for almost 2 months after my meniscus fray diagnosis, but I think the extra time really helped. I did 4 miles earlier in the week and I didn't have any pain at all.

Anyway, I'm rambling, but wanted to let y'all know that I did eat a little more today. Maybe that's what I need, 4-5 days on 1200 target and maybe 2-3 on 1400-1500 target.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:49 AM   #204
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to jump in quick--tomorrow I'll have some extra time to catch up. Just been eating too much and feeling guilty so I didn't weight myself this week (on and on) decided to just stop the cycle in it's tracks and come back before it gets out of hand. cya tomorrow
Old 06-15-2013, 03:58 AM   #205
Flossbolna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillbur View Post
1) Fruit-apple
2) Vegetable-green beans
3) Hot Drink-decaf coffee
4) Cold Drink (non alcoholic)-iced tea
5) Alcoholic Drink-sangria
6) Meat-chicken
7) Either Pasta, Rice or Noodles?-rice
8) Cheese-pepper jack

I think we all should go ahead and plan a trip to a island together
Helen, this really was a great question!! I loved reading everyone's answers and am amazed at how different tastes can be!!!

Quote:
I PM'd you this morning that I could start coaching tomorrow. If you happen to post a QOTD, I'll take over one Sunday. If I don't see one, I'll post one.
Jill, somehow I did not get your PM before I posted this... You are welcome to start on Saturday!! Works out great for me!! I will then take over next Saturday for the rest of the month unless someone else wants to coach the last week!!

Quote:
I MISSED YOU GUYS!! I tried so hard to make time for the thread while at the beach, but I found myself not wanting to have anything to do with electronics We had 6 children between 2nd and 5th grades and only one was really on an electronic device (a DS and Kindle). That boy was there with his grandparents (our friend's parents~our friend's invited us and another family), so he had no parent telling him no all week Anyhow, we had a blast and we are home now I must confess, I only worked out 3 days (walking 2 days and walk/run the other). I also did not eat very healthy. I am so worried about weighing in tomorrow. I feel so bloated, so I know I've gained. I'll be going grocery shopping in the morning, so I need to make a menu & list tonight. I need to make sure I get plenty of fruits and veggies this week. The one good thing, I drink a ton of water!
Great to have you back!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! And I understand fully about the no electronics. I think this was one aspect I loved about the cruise - to really be away from the real world and not be on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I went over my calories today, but not by a ton. I feel better too, so that's a plus. I didn't want to feel nauseous and hungry tomorrow because DS16 and I have a long run to do. 3 miles for me, not really long but longer than I've been doing for the most part. That would be a short run for him. LOL

I'm really ready mentally to start official Princess Training but I am trying to convince myself to not push it. I want to run 6-7 miles now, but I don't want to risk getting hurt. I didn't run for almost 2 months after my meniscus fray diagnosis, but I think the extra time really helped. I did 4 miles earlier in the week and I didn't have any pain at all.

Anyway, I'm rambling, but wanted to let y'all know that I did eat a little more today. Maybe that's what I need, 4-5 days on 1200 target and maybe 2-3 on 1400-1500 target.
I think all of this sounds like a truly smart plan!! If you exercise a lot, your body needs fuel. And I can tell you from experience that it does make sense to build up endurance slowly. I once pushed myself to hard and then I got so exhausted that I just stopped running for a few months because I could not face it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
I just wanted to jump in quick--tomorrow I'll have some extra time to catch up. Just been eating too much and feeling guilty so I didn't weight myself this week (on and on) decided to just stop the cycle in it's tracks and come back before it gets out of hand. cya tomorrow
Great to see you again, Susan! Sorry that the eating wasn't so good the last week. But coming back here is the first step!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsandjumps View Post
I haven't really lost much yet but I did put on my skinny jeans without the dreaded muffin top. Plus I took my kids out to eat and stopped myself from scarfing down fries. I ate chicken instead.

Ana
Just as you say, those non scale victories are as important as the number on the scale. I often find it difficult to keep in mind that it is not only a contest about the scale, but it is a lifestyle of eating healthy. And if you fit in your jeans without the muffin top, you are doing something right!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007

Old 06-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #206
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Good morning! I am Jill and I'll be your coach for this week I'll be on later for replies as I have to get my house organized with grocery shopping and laundry. Today's QOTD is inspired by a week a the beach.

QOTD Saturday, June 15 & Sunday, June 16:
Being healthy is about more than just eating and exercising. Do you protect your skin? Do you wear sun screen daily?

Last edited by jillbur; 06-16-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: changed the dates for QOTD
jillbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #207
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Congrats Pamela on your DD's graduation--this weekend correct? I hope everything was lovely.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #208
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Good morning friends

Since it was super, duper slow on here yesterday, I changed the QOTD from just Saturday to Saturday & Sunday. So we now have a weekend QOTD. I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'll be back later to see if anyone is around.

Jill
Old 06-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #209
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsandjumps View Post

Ana
Great NSV, Ana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post

Glad that you are feeling better, Buffy!

You will be fine starting out slowly getting ready for the Princess. Even for Dumbo training we are only at 8 miles and that is with 2 1/2 months to go. Is there a 10k in the fall somewhere near you? That would be perfect to training for as a bridge to the Princess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50sjayne View Post
Hello! How are your sweet kitties?

Thanks for hostessing this month, Magdalene! It's fun to see all the pretty colors on page 1!

Hi Rose!

Quote:
Good morning! I am Jill and I'll be your coach for this week I'll be on later for replies as I have to get my house organized with grocery shopping and laundry. Today's QOTD is inspired by a week a the beach.

Being healthy is about more than just eating and exercising. Do you protect your skin? Do you wear sun screen daily?
I wear sunscreen on my face daily. I also wear sunscreen in the summer. We live in the great white north up here so I feel like I need the vitamin D more than the sun protection in winter. Not to mention growing up in So Cal I regularly baked myself in my youth.

Quote:
Good morning friends

Since it was super, duper slow on here yesterday, I changed the QOTD from just Saturday to Saturday & Sunday. So we now have a weekend QOTD. I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'll be back later to see if anyone is around.

Jill
I think we should just do one question of the day for the week-end for the summer!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #210
Flossbolna

Quote:

I used to wear it daily, but recently read quite a bit about vitamin D, so I have reverted back to wearing it only when I am outside for longer than the way to and from work. But I am very fair skinned, so if I am outside, I wear a high SPF. I wish those would have been around when I was a kid. I think the strongest availble then was SPF 12 and I got regularly burned with that, so my mother made me wear a t-shirt all the time at the pool...

Thank you for coaching this week Jill and sorry that you started out with such a busy weekend which has everyone away from the computer!!

I think it is a good idea as Lisa suggested that we should only have one Question of the Weekend for the summer!

Talking about things being slow: I still haven't gotten a PM from someone who wants to host in July. The spot is still available. And we already have one coach for a week as Eliza said she would do that! I hope I am not going to deter anyone from signing up when I admit that I would not mind to continue hosting for July though.

I am very happy with my result this week - despite a not so good weekend last week. And then the scary 5 pounds that suddenly appeared! But those moved away over the course of the week and then on Friday I was not really happy, so decided to use my Saturday weight as the weigh in for this thread. But on Saturday I forgot to step on the scale before breakfast. I tried to calculalte the weight of my food (including half a litre of hot tea) and figure out what my weight might be and I would have been happy with that. But then today I did it properly and stepped on the scale before breakfast and am down over a pound since last Friday! That's a great loss for me and I am very happy!

I also seem to have gotten into the vibe a little bit more on how to eat within my points with WW. Since Friday I have only eaten my daily 26 points, none of the weekly extra nor the activity points. I feel great for showing the self discipline as I find it very hard and I have to eat a lot of veggies and fruit to not feel like I am starving to death. I plan to stick with it for one week and then reevaluate what I want to do with my weekly extra. The previous weeks I just used it here and there, mainly when I could not resist some junk. But I think I need to come up with a useful plan on how to use it. Maybe set some aside for a weekly treat and devide the rest up on the different days and then plan with them accordingly.

However, I have to admit that I am not very active at the moment. But I am on call for this week which means that I have a mobile and am on duty from 6 am to 9pm (excluding normal office hours Monday to Friday). I really don't feel good about going for a run and potentially get an important phone call when I am all out of breath and sweaty... But I spent two hours cleaning my balcony and planting flowers and tomatoes today, so that was at least better than sitting in front of the TV.

I hope everyone has a great start into the new week!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: