Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #166
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Woohoo Wednesday.

I have 3.

One, as y'all know, I signed up for the race yesterday. That took guts because I was hemming and hawing the whole time. But I was tired of talking about it, I just decided enough talking the talk, I need to walk the walk.

Two, I then looked at the kids school calendar and they have that week off so the family is coming with me!!!!!

Three, I ran/walked 4.08 miles on the treadmill in 61 minutes today. I hit 3.1 dead on 45 minutes. I felt great, now I just need to figure out how to transfer that 5.3/3 pace to outdoor running.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #167
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

I got a pedicure today!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #168
happysummer
Mouseketeer

whoo hoo wednesday

hi everyone. I hope everyone is having a good week.
i was able to walk/ run 5 k yesterday. I know it is not far for real runners but for me it is a challenge.
i am training for my first big race. I am hoping to be down 25 pounds before race day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #169
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysummer View Post
i was able to walk/ run 5 k yesterday. I know it is not far for real runners but for me it is a challenge.
i am training for my first big race. I am hoping to be down 25 pounds before race day.

that is awesome! Do not think for a minute that it is not a great accomplishment! YOU are a real runner.

One of my favorite quotes from John Bingham:
“If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.”
Old 06-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #170
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Woohoo Wednesday.

I have 3.

One, as y'all know, I signed up for the race yesterday. That took guts because I was hemming and hawing the whole time. But I was tired of talking about it, I just decided enough talking the talk, I need to walk the walk.

Two, I then looked at the kids school calendar and they have that week off so the family is coming with me!!!!!

Three, I ran/walked 4.08 miles on the treadmill in 61 minutes today. I hit 3.1 dead on 45 minutes. I felt great, now I just need to figure out how to transfer that 5.3/3 pace to outdoor running.

Wonderful! Good for you!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #171
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry I missed you summer! You and I are trying for the same goal! And you ran further than me! Way to go!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Old 06-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #172
BernardandMissBianca
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

You are a runner!! The way I look at it is, I may be slow but I'm lapping everyone on the couch.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Old 06-13-2013, 05:40 AM   #173
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone...so sorry I've been mia for much of this week. My home computer is kaput and I've been delivering training at work for the last three days, with not a minute to spare......didn't even get a proper lunch break yesterday.

I am doing this from my phone, so sorry if the spelling is a bit iffy.

QOTD Thursday 14th June

We are all trying to eat healthy on our weight loss journey, what is your favourite 'healthy' food, and why????

On my diet plan we get certain 'free' foods. These are foods that we can eat in unlimited amounts.......my fave is fresh pineapple because it is refreshing, juicy, filling and has enough fibre to keep my 'body' moving.

Did another 5K on the treadmill last night.......definitely slower than doing one outdoors, but still did it in 47:12....not too bad.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:31 AM   #174
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Hey there, I just joined and it's definitely helpful to have to be accountable!!

Today was chock full of temptation... a Sheetz here opens tomorrow and today they were training the employees by offering local businesses coupons for free breakfasts and lunches! Somehow I managed to escape that but ended up at lunch with a friend at Firehouse Subs - where everything is delicious and nothing is good for you. However I managed to get the Engineer wheat with no mayo or cheese. I missed the deliciousness but couldn't bear to type the calories into MyFitnessPal.

I have a short term goal of literally a month from today for a quick vakay with the beau. After that it's a longer goal for Halloween and our December Cruise, so I hope to be here for a while!

Just checked the list of names to see my name, and really happy to see so many already well on their way to their goals. CONGRATS guys!!
Nice job staying OP and finding the best choice for a challenging lunch!

Quote:
Woohoo Wednesday.

I have 3.

You're doing great, Buffy! There will be some adjustments between the treadmill and the road but you have lots of time to be ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
I got a pedicure today!
That is a -- your feet are ready for summer, Molli!

Quote:

Sounds like you are off to a great start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
that is awesome! Do not think for a minute that it is not a great accomplishment! YOU are a real runner.

“If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.”
Good reminder we are all real runners here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
Sorry I missed you summer! You and I are trying for the same goal! And you ran further than me! Way to go!
You will be there soon enough, Alysa!

Quote:
You are a runner!! The way I look at it is, I may be slow but I'm lapping everyone on the couch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Hi everyone...so sorry I've been mia for much of this week. My home computer is kaput and I've been delivering training at work for the last three days, with not a minute to spare......didn't even get a proper lunch break yesterday.

QOTD Thursday 14th June

We are all trying to eat healthy on our weight loss journey, what is your favourite 'healthy' food, and why????

On my diet plan we get certain 'free' foods. These are foods that we can eat in unlimited amounts.......my fave is fresh pineapple because it is refreshing, juicy, filling and has enough fibre to keep my 'body' moving.

Did another 5K on the treadmill last night.......definitely slower than doing one outdoors, but still did it in 47:12....not too bad.
My favorite healthy foods are those that give me a lot of bang for my point buck -- like free fruits, vegetables or WW power foods.

Have a great day all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:59 AM   #175
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Quick post before I take the kids to school.

I am starving!! And a little nauseous. I need to not pig out today, but I have had a deficit for the last 2 days so I need maybe eat a little more today? Yes? No?
Old 06-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #176
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post

Quote:

Hi everybody! I now I've been super MIA as I'm STILL trying to catch up at work. Honestly, what did these guys do before I was here???

Having a horrendous week, bloated, pants fitting tight, and just overall feeling like a beached whale. Haven't had any time to check in and I truly believe it's affecting my eating - no accountability, so I'll eat anything. You know, that ugly, slippery slope of one bad meal leads to another, and another, and another... SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!

And to top it off, we're going to Key West for a quickie anniversary trip. My BFF from high school just bought a gym there and I'm seriously debating NOT seeing her while we're there 'cause I'm too embarrassed for her to see my like this! How ridiculous is THAT? Of course, it has nothing to do with the fact that she's an ex-competitive bodybuilder who still looks she just walked off the cover of the SI Swimsuit issue...

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #177
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Hey there, I just joined and it's definitely helpful to have to be accountable!!

Today was chock full of temptation... a Sheetz here opens tomorrow and today they were training the employees by offering local businesses coupons for free breakfasts and lunches! Somehow I managed to escape that but ended up at lunch with a friend at Firehouse Subs - where everything is delicious and nothing is good for you. However I managed to get the Engineer wheat with no mayo or cheese. I missed the deliciousness but couldn't bear to type the calories into MyFitnessPal.

I have a short term goal of literally a month from today for a quick vakay with the beau. After that it's a longer goal for Halloween and our December Cruise, so I hope to be here for a while!

Just checked the list of names to see my name, and really happy to see so many already well on their way to their goals. CONGRATS guys!!
Glad you are here with us! No idea what a "Sheetz" is though.... or a Firehouse Subs (like a Subway I am imagining). But they sounds like good places to avoid for now!!

Quote:
Woohoo Wednesday.

I have 3.

HOW WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!

WTG!!!

Quote:

That would be me... on the couch... that you are lapping.

Quote:

We understand! No worries!!

QOTD Thursday 14th June

On WW we get most fruits and veggies "free" as well.... which makes me so happy!! My top #1 favorite healthy food is tough to come up with though.... I guess I would have to list a "category".... GREENS (all lettuces, spring mix, spinach, swiss chard, kale)! They are good in salads, excellent in sandwiches and wraps, can be added to soups, stews, and casseroles. They can be roasted or sauteed or stir-fried or eaten raw! I can eat a HUGE portion for 0 PointsPlus!! So versatile and so low cal and SO VERY HEALTHY!

Quote:

I am starving!! And a little nauseous. I need to not pig out today, but I have had a deficit for the last 2 days so I need maybe eat a little more today? Yes? No?
I know I'm coming late to the party here, but I would say that starving + nauseous = low blood sugar! I used to get that way sometimes.... I described it as literally feeling "GREEN" . I would have to sit down in the shower (because it almost always happened in the morning) and wait for someone to bring me a small glass of juice. You need to eat a bit more!! Take care of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Having a horrendous week, bloated, pants fitting tight, and just overall feeling like a beached whale. Haven't had any time to check in and I truly believe it's affecting my eating - no accountability, so I'll eat anything. You know, that ugly, slippery slope of one bad meal leads to another, and another, and another... SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!

You are here with us now! That is a step in the right direction! Vow to yourself that just ONE MEAL today will be a totally OP meal (weighed and measured portions, journaled before you ate it, etc)... and tomorrow you will have TWO MEALS that are totally OP.... and by Saturday you will have THREE MEALS that are OP.... and then on Monday you will have THREE OP MEALS AND at least ONE OP SNACK! And then Tuesday you will have a whole day of eating OP.... and then Wednesday you can start increasing the water for a few days... and then back to exercise by next weekend. Does that sound do-able for you????? How about committing to post your meals here??? Just a quick fly-by post to share what your meal was. I'll be looking for it, if that helps!

If it seems doable, let me know! And BTW.... I would stay away from the scale for a week if that scares you.

And to top it off, we're going to Key West for a quickie anniversary trip. My BFF from high school just bought a gym there and I'm seriously debating NOT seeing her while we're there 'cause I'm too embarrassed for her to see my like this! How ridiculous is THAT? Of course, it has nothing to do with the fact that she's an ex-competitive bodybuilder who still looks she just walked off the cover of the SI Swimsuit issue...
If she is a TRUE friend who really misses you, she won't care what you look like!

Happy Thursday friends! I really do NOT have time to be on here, but I feel like a part of my day is missing if I don't pop on for at least a few minutes! I cut myself some slack yesterday around the house and will be paying for it today!!

My parents arrive tomorrow afternoon for DD's graduation and the house is in shambles!! I am behind on laundry, I have no menu planned or meals prepped for the weekend.... the dining room is full of party supplies for the graduation party in July, I haven't brought the freezer foods back up into the new freezer from the basement freezer, the kids's rooms are a DISASTER, there isn't a clean bathroom in the entire house, I am supposed to be at DD's school at 1:30 today for Senior Slideshow... plus she wants me to find an opening for a manicure this afternoon...and we were going to try to attend the Senior play tonight. I have just taken possession of a LARGE quantity of WW merchandise that has taken over a large corner of the home office and that meant moving a bunch of DH's junk out of the way (it is all sitting in his office chair waiting for him to return from Maine and sort through it). I am behind on submitting my time sheets, I am behind on my personal banking and bill paying, I haven't made anyone's bed in DAYS, and I have two loads of towels on the clothesline that are probably going to be rained on shortly!!

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Oh well.... I'm taking a DEEP BREATH and prioritizing my list. The "A" list will get done today (hopefully). The "B" list will get done tomorrow morning.... and hopefully the "C" list can wait for now!!

The good news is that the weather for Saturday's graduation (outside under a big tent) looks wonderful. We have bought DD THREE dresses to choose from (two will go back) and she looks delightful in them all (although she would like new shoes.... but not sure when we will find time for that). I only have to worry about feeding/entertaining my family and my parents this weekend, so pressure is off. I have Father's Day gifts bought for DH and DDad.... they just need to be wrapped.

Off to get productive! BBL to check in with you all!.............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!

Last edited by pjlla; 06-13-2013 at 09:37 AM.
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #178
Alysa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Happy Thursday friends! I really do NOT have time to be on here, but I feel like a part of my day is missing if I don't pop on for at least a few minutes! I cut myself some slack yesterday around the house and will be paying for it today!!
My parents arrive tomorrow afternoon for DD's graduation and the house is in shambles!! I am behind on laundry, I have no menu planned or meals prepped for the weekend.... the dining room is full of party supplies for the graduation party in July, I haven't brought the freezer foods back up into the new freezer from the basement freezer, the kids's rooms are a DISASTER, there isn't a clean bathroom in the entire house, I am supposed to be at DD's school at 1:30 today for Senior Slideshow... plus she wants me to find an opening for a manicure this afternoon...and we were going to try to attend the Senior play tonight. I have just taken possession of a LARGE quantity of WW merchandise that has taken over a large corner of the home office and that meant moving a bunch of DH's junk out of the way (it is all sitting in his office chair waiting for him to return from Maine and sort through it). I am behind on submitting my time sheets, I am behind on my personal banking and bill paying, I haven't made anyone's bed in DAYS, and I have two loads of towels on the clothesline that are probably going to be rained on shortly!!
AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Oh well.... I'm taking a DEEP BREATH and prioritizing my list. The "A" list will get done today (hopefully). The "B" list will get done tomorrow morning.... and hopefully the "C" list can wait for now!!
The good news is that the weather for Saturday's graduation (outside under a big tent) looks wonderful. We have bought DD THREE dresses to choose from (two will go back) and she looks delightful in them all (although she would like new shoes.... but not sure when we will find time for that). I only have to worry about feeding/entertaining my family and my parents this weekend, so pressure is off. I have Father's Day gifts bought for DH and DDad.... they just need to be wrapped.
Off to get productive! BBL to check in with you all!.............P
Thank goodness someone else is having a day/month like I am! I was feeling like such a slacker. And June ALWAYS seems to be like this for me. Good luck with your list and how wonderful about the big graduation party. It sounds fabulous! Sending lots of pixie dust for lots of "A" accomplished today for you. Off to fold a mountain of laundry before I have to pick up kids and go to the school concert tonight. Wish me luck as I vow to get at least 20 minutes of exercise in today. Screwed up yesterday but trying again today.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #179
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

morning...anyone here get hit with the Midwest storm last night? our tornado sirens went off at 1:15 a.m.; local folks are in an uproar on FB as apparently it was way far north of my town and folks feel the media hype leads to happy siren blowers when it's not needed. I guess i'm just super thankful a tornado didn't rip through my town

anyhow..i'm not have a great week on the get moving part. my body hurts this week...but i'm going to try to walk my 2 miles on the schedule. I've been doing well with my plan of protein smoothie for brekkie, juicing throughout the day and one good sensible meal. I hope the scale reflects tomorrow

Plutobaby -- I've been there a million times!! you are checking in here so that's a good sign!

Pam -- hope things start to sail smoothly for you!!

my cyber-pep-talk to all of us who are struggling a little this week! the month is almost half-over...we gotta make each day count!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #180
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:

QOTD Thursday 14th June

well doing Atkins means NO free food for me so when I am hungry and feel like I need to eat something I reach for an Atkins vanilla shake - it has like 15 grams of protein and really tastes like melted vanilla ice cream and it only cost me 1 carb - however that said sometimes I just need a salty crunchy fix then I reach for the peanuts - not straight out of the can cause I'll eat too many but in my special little peanut cup LOL last night I had a teaspoon of all natural PB (no sugar just peanuts) and ate it on top of a sugar free special dark snack bar.. DELISH!!

Quote:

YES oh my you body is telling you not enough in the tanks.. watch out for low blood sugar, dangerous.. a cup of juice is good or a piece of fruit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post

Hi everybody! I now I've been super MIA as I'm STILL trying to catch up at work. Honestly, what did these guys do before I was here???

Oh we will all help you.. please go see your friend, I am sure if she is a good friend there will be NO judgements.. have a GREAT time in Key West!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: