Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #151
donaldandpirates
Mouseketeer

QOTD Monday 10th June 2013
Where (apart from Disney!!) do you feel at ease, and why???

Anywhere my kids aren't. It's been too long since I've felt as ease, I guess. And if you don't include Disney, well...

I was able to walk at faster than the race pace for 22 minutes last night. This is huge because I started at completely sedentary. The Jeff Galloway training plan has the official training start on October 1 for the PHM. I'm taking between now and then to get my endurance up, weight down, and might go for a 5K distance before training "officially" starts.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #152
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

I am here! I am too far behind to read and catch up! I had a lovely long weekend catching up and swapping war stories with my good "Cushie" friends I got to meet through our online group; Monday was a day of running and today i'm trying to catch up! though it will take me more than one day I fear!

this week I decided to juice...lots of veggies from Costco. going to juice, eat one good sensible meal and on workout days start the day with a protein smoothie. one of my friends this weekend said she thought I looked like i'm retaining a lot of fluids. so since DH out of town this week thought would be a good week to do. Also 6 weeks until cruise and today I saw a number I haven't since before my cushings diagnosis!

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #153
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Sorry that it took me longer than expected to update the first post, but now all the weigh ins I have received are up there!

I am still missing a lot of weight reports!!! Please don't be shy, send them to me and I will try to update them as soon as I can!!

I am also still missing the weight and goal for a few people. If your name is not in bold, I don't have your start weight!

I hope you are all doing well, life here is pretty stressful and I am not eating as well as I should... But not too bad either. I did have a nice small loss last week and then was away during the weekend and when I stepped on the scale on Monday I had gained 5 pounds!!!! And it isn't even TOM... But I can tell that it is water, I feel very heavy and sluggish... WEll, I guess it will disappear and then scale will be nicer to me again.

I am also struggling a little with weight watchers as I feel that I just don't have enough points to not be hungry... Which then makes me eat junk because I am soooooooo hungry.
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #154
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

I'm nuts. I registered.
I'm scared as all get out but I think I can do it. I just need to shed some more weight. I must must must be 100% OP from now until the race.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #155
Alysa
DIS Veteran

I'd like to join June late. I have 4 months to go and a goal of 5 pounds a month to lose before our trip in October. I was at 145 when I started last month and I lost 5 pounds in May by running and eating right but I've not lost anything this month so far. I need some accountability and inspiration. I've gained a dreadful spare tire and more after my third baby and it has NOT come off like the other two did. I've always heard that it is the third that does it. I'll go running tonight, promise! And no more digging in to the kids movie night treats! Good luck everyone!
78 & 85: Offsite w. parents, 00: New Years Eve at Port Orleans & Anniversary at BWV, 01: Star Wars Weekend at POR & Christmas at GF & BWV, 04: Baby's first trip AKL, 05: Spring at BCV; 06: Big Family Trip, BCV & Vero-WL homeless trip, 08: Minnie Marathon with my sister, Big family Not so scary halloween party, 10: Star Wars Weekend boys trip & Vero/WL summer holiday, Big Family Christmas, 11: Star Wars weekend, Summer road trip, 13: Halloween without mum

Up next June 2015 Changing my Life
Alysa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #156
BernardandMissBianca
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

I need some help.

I haven't worked out yet, plan to walk for 30. And I've finished all my meals for the day and I still have 175 calories left.
If I work out, I'll probably have 200 more.
What should I do? What should I eat?

Breakfast was a chicken sausage wrap with egg white and veggies and a caramel macchiato

Lunch was grilled chicken on flat bread with lite honey mustard dressing and grapes

Snack was a peach cup

Dinner was a fried egg white sandwich with light mayo and cheese with a peach cup.

6 waters.

Wow, I had a lot of chicken today. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Old 06-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #157
ohMom
Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Amen and Hallelujah Sister!!

DISboards Moderator

BAMB -- don't usually have this problem myself how about some fruit? the little peach cup probably wasn't much. or nuts?

Co-Moderator WISH forum -- Take the WISH challenge here.........
ohMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #158
BernardandMissBianca
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Rose recommended nuts too.

I ended up not eating anything but didn't workout. Fighting a headache and I'm super tired all of a sudden so I think I'm just going to bed.
I don't usually have the issue of to few calories either. I was just so busy helping DS16 with last minute costumes for his French final that I had tunnel vision with my meals today.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Old 06-12-2013, 06:55 AM   #159
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Morning all! Sorry to be away so much...life is busy! I should have some time later today to catch up with you all. For now I'll just say hello and good bye! .......P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #160
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsis1970 View Post
Rose sorry about your fur baby!

Wow sounds like some great year end celebrations and everyone is home from their trips so let's go get 'em for the rest of the month!

Today we start a challenge at work - it's for 7 weeks and called In It to Lose It and we have a team of 5 people and get daily points for things like 30 mins of continous activity, no fried foods,no sweetened bevergaes, less 2 hrs of screen time - not including work - 5 servings of fruits and veggies and approved bonus activiy that will get sent out in an email.. everyone who loses 4% (6.5 for me) of their body weight will win a prize and the winning team with the most points at the end of the 7 weeks each get a fitbit..

last week my workout plan didn't quite work out like I expected.. however I have a plan again for this week.. I will walk 4 days and I am starting the 30 Day Ab challenge.. so wish me luck..

since its wednesday and I don't see a ?? of the day yet --how about we do WHOOO HOOOO WEDNESDAY and you can share something your excited about - anything at all..
for me it is that the challenged didn't start at work they are pushing it back a few weeks but I started none the less..
I did walk on Monday but we had monsooning rain yesterday but it should clear up today so Ill walk again which is fine because I said I was going to walk 4 days..
I did start my modified 30 day abs on Monday.. I did 10 situps, 5 crunches and leg raises and a 10 second plank .. I also did it yesterday dispite having a KILLER headache.. and today I go up to 15 situps, 8 crunches and leg raises and a 12 second plank.. (planks btw are horrid ) LOL

BAMB - I would have a fruit smoothie or nuts like other suggested.. or maybe celery and PB? BTW congrats on registering!

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me and the Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = Aug 18, 2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #161
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysa View Post
I'd like to join June late. I have 4 months to go and a goal of 5 pounds a month to lose before our trip in October. I was at 145 when I started last month and I lost 5 pounds in May by running and eating right but I've not lost anything this month so far. I need some accountability and inspiration. I've gained a dreadful spare tire and more after my third baby and it has NOT come off like the other two did. I've always heard that it is the third that does it. I'll go running tonight, promise! And no more digging in to the kids movie night treats! Good luck everyone!
Welcome! Make sure you read the first post and you can go ahead and pm your starting weight.

Molli--so nice to see you! And so glad you had a good visit! I love when I can chat with other people with c-d. Makes you feel not so alone.

Eliza32--Loved your pictures! What a beautiful place. No wonder you love it so much.

WOOHOO WEDNESDAY--I have tracked every day this week! And stayed in my range. Four people got laid off yesterday at my work, and despite the stress and emotions I exercised. I am going to come clean--I had a beer and ice cream for dinner. But that's all I had, so I was in my range for the day and the scale is slowly coming down.

Despite years of doing this, I am still shocked at how quickly the calories add up. So as much as I dislike logging every thing, it is definitely working!

Hoping to see a nice little loss this week.

I walked three miles this morning and I am now off to yoga.

Have a great Wednesday!
Old 06-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #162
pjlla
<><

Okay..... I popped on thinking I might be able to get caught up, but of course the phone keeps ringing and things keep cropping up when I try to find a minute to read. So I am officially saying that I do NOT have time to catch up, but will try to stay current from here for now.

DD graduates this Saturday and while we have pushed the party back into July, there is still a ton of stuff to do around here, plus of course, I am still in party-prep mode. My parents are the only guests we will have this weekend. My DMIL decided that 2 hours each way is to long a ride (even with DSIL driving her) and DSIL is having some issues in her own household, so we cut her some slack and told her to relax and not make the drive. Plus, honestly, it definitely helped ME to be able to relax a bit.... it is easier to have my OWN parents up and kind of "fly by the seat of our pants" than having DSIL and DMIL up and needing to plan a fancy meal, etc.

I did my second WW meeting yesterday and was gratified with some new members and some returning Lifetime Members who need to get back to goal weight. Exciting to see my meeting growing before my very eyes! The "at work" meeting that was supposed to start up today is on hold until they can get it up to the minimum number of 15 members. That's okay with me for now... I am just TOO busy!

I cannot believe is is 11:15 already and I have gotten SO LITTLE done! My new fridge was delivered yesterday and it is a beauty... and so big and clean and shiny! But of course, the kitchen counter is still covered with tools (DH needed to hook up the water and attach the door handles) and I wasn't here when it was delivered so DH just kind of plopped the food into with no rhyme of reason, so I need to figure out how to organize it.

Off to get SOMETHING accomplished today!...............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #163
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Good morning all!

Apparently I got poofed yesterday and didn't even realize it. Going to just start from here and call it good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldandpirates View Post
Anywhere my kids aren't. It's been too long since I've felt as ease, I guess. And if you don't include Disney, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohMom View Post
I am here! I am too far behind to read and catch up! I had a lovely long weekend catching up and swapping war stories with my good "Cushie" friends I got to meet through our online group; Monday was a day of running and today i'm trying to catch up! though it will take me more than one day I fear!

this week I decided to juice...lots of veggies from Costco. going to juice, eat one good sensible meal and on workout days start the day with a protein smoothie. one of my friends this weekend said she thought I looked like i'm retaining a lot of fluids. so since DH out of town this week thought would be a good week to do. Also 6 weeks until cruise and today I saw a number I haven't since before my cushings diagnosis!
Molli for a new number on the scale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Sorry that it took me longer than expected to update the first post, but now all the weigh ins I have received are up there!

I am still missing a lot of weight reports!!! Please don't be shy, send them to me and I will try to update them as soon as I can!!

I am also still missing the weight and goal for a few people. If your name is not in bold, I don't have your start weight!

I hope you are all doing well, life here is pretty stressful and I am not eating as well as I should... But not too bad either. I did have a nice small loss last week and then was away during the weekend and when I stepped on the scale on Monday I had gained 5 pounds!!!! And it isn't even TOM... But I can tell that it is water, I feel very heavy and sluggish... WEll, I guess it will disappear and then scale will be nicer to me again.

I am also struggling a little with weight watchers as I feel that I just don't have enough points to not be hungry... Which then makes me eat junk because I am soooooooo hungry.
Sorry for the stressful and hungry times, Magdalene. I would not be afraid to eat all my APs and weekly points at first while your body is adjusting to the new WW regime. I'm sure once your body adjust all that water weight will go poof. When I am hungry I will try the free fruits and vegetables. If that doesn't work then I will go for a power food to try and get more bang for my points buck. It will get easier. Hang in there!

I know I am one of the folks who hasn't sent in an updated number because I haven't been to WW yet this week. Tomorrow is the day. The number on the home scale is looking good. Keeping my fingers crossed the WW scale is just as kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I'm nuts. I registered.
I'm scared as all get out but I think I can do it. I just need to shed some more weight. I must must must be 100% OP from now until the race.
You have 252 days, Buffy, so lots of time to train and get ready to rock and roll.

I know it's too late to help you with your food dilemma today but chocolate milk is a good thing to have when you need a little something else -- protein and chocolate -- yum!

Quote:
Sounds like you are already off to a great start this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Morning all! Sorry to be away so much...life is busy! I should have some time later today to catch up with you all. For now I'll just say hello and good bye! .......P
Hi Pamela!

Quote:
since its wednesday and I don't see a ?? of the day yet --how about we do WHOOO HOOOO WEDNESDAY and you can share something your excited about - anything at all..
for me it is that the challenged didn't start at work they are pushing it back a few weeks but I started none the less..
I did walk on Monday but we had monsooning rain yesterday but it should clear up today so Ill walk again which is fine because I said I was going to walk 4 days..
I did start my modified 30 day abs on Monday.. I did 10 situps, 5 crunches and leg raises and a 10 second plank .. I also did it yesterday dispite having a KILLER headache.. and today I go up to 15 situps, 8 crunches and leg raises and a 12 second plank.. (planks btw are horrid ) LOL

BAMB - I would have a fruit smoothie or nuts like other suggested.. or maybe celery and PB? BTW congrats on registering!
Wow, Amanda, you are doing great!

for being OP all week, Rose!

Helen, I did enjoy your pictures, especially Tinside Lido!

Have a great day all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #164
pjlla
<><

Rose..... just seeing the post now about your puppy. So very sorry that it came to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donac View Post
Good evening everyone.

I need to join in on this month. I am sorry I have been missing in action for the last few weeks. Life has been pretty busy here.

I need to lose some weight by the end of Aug since tonight I am booking a trip to DW. It started a couple of weeks ago. My birthday was May 29th. I opened my email and there was a pin code for free dining the end of AUg just before I go back to school. I was reading my horoscope for my birthday and it said to book and Aug trip. The next day I opened another email and there was another pin code. The last straw was a mailing that came to the house with a pin code.

Dh could have thrown it out and not tell me about but he held on to it and left it on the table. We did talk about it last week in passing and we said we couldn't do it. Yesterday we went on a long drive and he brought it up. We decided we would do it but not tell anyone about it. So I have to tell someone so I am here.

SInce we would be staying at Pop Century we would only have the counter serve meals but that is fine with us. The package was a great price including room food and tickets. Now the only thing that is dragging me down it the price of the airfare. (Please send Pixie dust that I can get a good fare) Dh said just book something. We are going.

This is a big celebration for us. We will be celebrating 35 years of marriage in Aug and at the end of the month dh will be retiring. Add on that both of our sets parents are not in the best of health I think we could use a week to ourselves.

Rose I am sorry to hear about your dog. It is so sad when that happens. I had to put our last dog down while my dh and sons were at the Boy Scout Jamboree. It was tough.

Pamela and B&MB congrats on all the awards.

Thanks!!

Off to finish dinner.
Have a happy and healthy day.
Sounds like a wonderful time to take a "just the two of you" trip!! I take it you are taking advantage of free dining? I got a PIN in the mail very shortly after returning home! It was definitely a gut-kick moment, KNOWING that there was no way I could use that PIN. Glad you are able to use yours!!

Quote:
Rose sorry about your fur baby!

Wow sounds like some great year end celebrations and everyone is home from their trips so let's go get 'em for the rest of the month!

Today we start a challenge at work - it's for 7 weeks and called In It to Lose It and we have a team of 5 people and get daily points for things like 30 mins of continous activity, no fried foods,no sweetened bevergaes, less 2 hrs of screen time - not including work - 5 servings of fruits and veggies and approved bonus activiy that will get sent out in an email.. everyone who loses 4% (6.5 for me) of their body weight will win a prize and the winning team with the most points at the end of the 7 weeks each get a fitbit..

last week my workout plan didn't quite work out like I expected.. however I have a plan again for this week.. I will walk 4 days and I am starting the 30 Day Ab challenge.. so wish me luck..
The team challenge sounds like so much fun!! Enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Well here I am again.......a bit late, but they say better late than never.

QOTD Monday 10th June 2013

Where (apart from Disney!!) do you feel at ease, and why???
No where! We rarely/never take vacations that involve hotels and eating out (other than Disney), so even our "fun" summer lake and ocean vacations involved cooking, cleaning, making beds, etc. While they are great fun and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE spending the time with family (both sides), they aren't really "at ease." That being said, I am not totally "at ease" at Disney either!! I want to see it all/do it all/ride it all during my visits and that doesn't leave me much "at ease" time!! I am very much type-A and have a lot of trouble relaxing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
I'm nuts. I registered.
A big WOOO and HOOO!!!!!

Quote:
So great to have you along with us!!!

Quote:
I"m excited for DD"s graduation this weekend!!

Okay.... so I lied. I did take just a few minutes to catch up here. I can't stand feeling like I am missing something! TTYL..............P

Old 06-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #165
Zim
Meow meow

Hey there, I just joined and it's definitely helpful to have to be accountable!!

Today was chock full of temptation... a Sheetz here opens tomorrow and today they were training the employees by offering local businesses coupons for free breakfasts and lunches! Somehow I managed to escape that but ended up at lunch with a friend at Firehouse Subs - where everything is delicious and nothing is good for you. However I managed to get the Engineer wheat with no mayo or cheese. I missed the deliciousness but couldn't bear to type the calories into MyFitnessPal.

I have a short term goal of literally a month from today for a quick vakay with the beau. After that it's a longer goal for Halloween and our December Cruise, so I hope to be here for a while!

Just checked the list of names to see my name, and really happy to see so many already well on their way to their goals. CONGRATS guys!!
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: