Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #136
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good evening everyone.

I need to join in on this month. I am sorry I have been missing in action for the last few weeks. Life has been pretty busy here.

I need to lose some weight by the end of Aug since tonight I am booking a trip to DW. It started a couple of weeks ago. My birthday was May 29th. I opened my email and there was a pin code for free dining the end of AUg just before I go back to school. I was reading my horoscope for my birthday and it said to book and Aug trip. The next day I opened another email and there was another pin code. The last straw was a mailing that came to the house with a pin code.

Dh could have thrown it out and not tell me about but he held on to it and left it on the table. We did talk about it last week in passing and we said we couldn't do it. Yesterday we went on a long drive and he brought it up. We decided we would do it but not tell anyone about it. So I have to tell someone so I am here.

SInce we would be staying at Pop Century we would only have the counter serve meals but that is fine with us. The package was a great price including room food and tickets. Now the only thing that is dragging me down it the price of the airfare. (Please send Pixie dust that I can get a good fare) Dh said just book something. We are going.

This is a big celebration for us. We will be celebrating 35 years of marriage in Aug and at the end of the month dh will be retiring. Add on that both of our sets parents are not in the best of health I think we could use a week to ourselves.

Rose I am sorry to hear about your dog. It is so sad when that happens. I had to put our last dog down while my dh and sons were at the Boy Scout Jamboree. It was tough.

Pamela and B&MB congrats on all the awards.

Off to finish dinner.
Have a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #137
tigger813
DIS Veteran

Late to the party yet again! But I think I have a good excuse!

Flew to WDW for Star Wars Weekend on May 31st! Had the time of our lives! Girls got to meet Ashley Eckstein, their idol and get a hug, autograph and photo with her. Also met Sam Witwer. Things were going great!

On Saturday night I started coughing and had a pretty bad sore throat. Flew home very late Sunday night after weather delays in Orlando. Got home at 1:30am. Felt absolutely awful on Monday and slept most of the day. Got up Tuesday not feeling great but went to work. By 2pm I was ready to pass out. Picked up Lizzie and went to grocery store and then home and right to the couch. 101.7 temp. Went to dr on Wednesday morning and was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection. Hardly moved the rest of the day or Thursday. Felt a big better on Friday and went to work for 1 client. Saturday morning got up with the worst sinus headache ever! Went straight to dr and they agreed that the Zpack wasn't working. Changed the antibiotic plus added flonase and a stronger cough medicine. Didn't leave the house all day and slept off and on. Now add to this Ashleigh developing a fever opening night of her middle school play and missing school on Friday. Lizzie hasn't been feeling well since Wednesday and fell asleep 2 days as soon as she got home from school. She's now got a high fever and horrible cough. She's staying home with me tomorrow.

I never even got to the middle school play at all and I was supposed to run the cast party this afternoon. I slept almost all afternoon with Lizzie cuddled next to me! Luckily I had planned ahead yesterday.

Happy to say tonight I am finally feeling better. The 3 day sinus headache is finally gone. I haven't been eating a lot but not the best either. Trying to take in a lot of fluids. Hoping to feel well enough to take a walk on the treadmill tomorrow. Back to work on Tuesday! Never been so sick in my life!

Not happy with how this month started out! I have to lose at least 20 pounds by the beginning of August for our 3 week trip to NC and WDW. Supposed to be doing a fitness challenge in my town but haven't left the house except for the drs and CVS the past week.

Tomorrow is a fresh start! I'm just happy to be feeling better!

Time to put the kids to bed and maybe myself too!

TTFN

Next trip: Easter at Disney April 17-23 (3 nights Kidani Savanna View, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge)
tigger813 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #138
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone.

Lisa--been thinking about you if you are reading along.

Tracey--nice to see you. Glad you are feeling better!

Dona--very exciting about your trip. Have you put your dates in on bing travel to see if they think fares will go up or down? They have a fare predictor that is useful. Also, I have heard Tuesday/Wednesday are the best days of the week to look for airfare. You are far enough out that with some flexibility, you should be able to get a decent fare. We have flown into Tampa before and rented a car and saved a ton. We have also flown down on one airline and back on another and saved.

I meal planned yesterday and logged everything into mfp. As always it was an eye opener, but I was under my calorie goal, so that's great!

I am going to walk this morning for 20 min or so, then go to the Y after work and do the elliptical and a piyo class.

Have a great Monday!
Old 06-10-2013, 07:10 AM   #139
bigsis1970
Eating and Drinking our way around the Food & Wine Festival Sept 26 - Oct 4 2014. Loves being Hunny to the Hubs. On the way to losing 1/3 of myself.

Rose sorry about your fur baby!

Wow sounds like some great year end celebrations and everyone is home from their trips so let's go get 'em for the rest of the month!

Today we start a challenge at work - it's for 7 weeks and called In It to Lose It and we have a team of 5 people and get daily points for things like 30 mins of continous activity, no fried foods,no sweetened bevergaes, less 2 hrs of screen time - not including work - 5 servings of fruits and veggies and approved bonus activiy that will get sent out in an email.. everyone who loses 4% (6.5 for me) of their body weight will win a prize and the winning team with the most points at the end of the 7 weeks each get a fitbit..

last week my workout plan didn't quite work out like I expected.. however I have a plan again for this week.. I will walk 4 days and I am starting the 30 Day Ab challenge.. so wish me luck..

Our family: Me - Michelle & DH - The Hubs DD -Princess B DS - Buddy Welcome home Hunny 11/26/13

Will our ponchos hold up Holy Rain !! 8D/9D for the Food & Wine 9/26-10/4 2014! OMG I went 3 Times in 2012 !!
Trip #1 With DD 4/7-4/14 2012!! Trip #2 With Work 4/29 - 5/2 2012!! Trip #3 Just Me & Hubs! Hubs 1st Trip 5/2 -5/7 2012 !!
Homeowners = 8/18/2011
R.I.P ( Race In Peace)Uncle Bub 06/05/2010 /Bandit RIP 4/1/1997 - 10/2/2013 / Copper RIP 2/1/2001 -9/23/2011/XO miss you all
bigsis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:45 AM   #140
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Morning all! Sorry I wasn't around much this weekend! Busy weekend with outside work and a wedding yesterday.

I'm around this morning, but don't really have time to chat. I have some plants I want to get in the ground this morning before we have rain today this afternoon and I have plans to go out to lunch, so I need to dash for now............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:56 AM   #141
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza32 View Post
Well here I am, another week started, determined to stay on track and get rid of my conference gain.......which brings me to todays.........

QOTD Saturday 8th June 2013
What are you specifically going to do today (or tomorrow) that will help you stay on track for the next 7 days???
Congrats on signing up for your first 5k, Helen, and thanks for coaching this week!

This question was a good reminder to me to just be aware that there are things I can do while everything in my world is topsy-turvy right now, even if I can't plan for a week at a time. I have meals planned and shopped for through today. I have a plan for activity this afternoon. I have everything needed to make sure my son gets to finals this week with what he needs. I feel confident the things that need immediate attention are taken care of and will start chipping away at the rest. It is a lot easier to manage everyone when we are all in the same house, although there is some adjusting with grandma seriously ill and here two weeks earlier than expected. Although I did not track or even wear my ActiveLink I still managed to lose a couple of pounds so I think I am okay even if I am feeling like the super squished sandwich generation.

I am so sorry about your dog, Rose. I know that if anyone can make a plan, stick to it and get back to where they want to be, it is you. You can do it! Thanks for thinking of me.

Dona, happy belated birthday! I'm glad that you and your DH are going to WDW. You both work hard all year and do a lot for others -- it's time to do something for you two!

Tracey, sounds like a good time at WDW. Sorry everyone came home with the crud. Hope you are all feeling better soon.

Amanda, your work challenge sounds great! That is a good way to keep everyone on track since summer seems to get everyone to relax their standards a bit -- we all think we should still get summer even as adults! I'm betting you will be one of the ones earning a fit bit!

Pamela, seems like you are busier now even though it is summer! Thanks again for filling in for coaching for me last week!

Happy Monday all!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #142
Debbie19
Mouseketeer

Oops wrong thread!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #143
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Well here I am again.......a bit late, but they say better late than never.

QOTD Monday 10th June 2013

Where (apart from Disney!!) do you feel at ease, and why???

This question is inspired by my recent trip to Plymouth - I lived there until I was 5 years old as my dad was based there as a Royal Marine. We went back often in my later childhood. I had forgotten how much I love Devon (and Cornwall) and fully intend to return there for a holiday next year. The air is so clean, and the sea is so blue, I felt relaxed.

Just to give you an idea, here are a couple of pictures

Last edited by Eliza32; 06-10-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #144
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Talk me into registering for the Princess 1/2. I know I can do the 5K, easy. I know I can do the 10K, walk or intervals.

I don't know if I can do the 1/2.

I think I would be more regretful if I don't register for the 1/2 than if I did register and either failed or didn't even start. The cost is not a factor.

Should I just register and attempt the training?

DS16 starts summer practice on the 25th of June. He has to be at school at 6am, 5 days a week. My plan (if the little kids cooperate) is to stay at the school and run the track (the older kids do road work so I wouldn't be in their way)
Old 06-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #145
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

If the cost is not a factor, then just go for it!!!! I would, and I can only just manage a 5K!!!
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #146
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! I am still here chugging along I have been reading along, but I've had no time to answer the QOTDs and reply. My getaway with my sister was so much fun. Then, we left Friday to start our trip to Corolla, NC and drove right into Tropical Depression Andrea (or whatever her name was). We arrived at our beach house aroud 10:00 am on Saturday and have been nonstop. The kids are having a blast with their friends and I even got a 40 minute walk along the beach in yesterday morning. I was too tired this morning to head out. Maybe later. Anyhow, I had a quick minute and wanted to check in. Rose~So sorry about your dog Pamela & Buffy~congrats on the kids awards! I'm off to find my kids and get ready for dinner. It's our night to cook (nothing healthy...we went for ease~sloppy joes, macaroni & cheese, and corn on the cob). I'll keep reading along and hope to post again soon.

Jill
Old 06-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #147
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

Good afternoon everyone.

I just came from a long but fairly productive day at school. We had a long meeting after school with the superintendent to talk about the changes that happened this year.

A former student painted a mural outside of my classroom last year. It was problem that we do in calc class about a coffee pot. It has the problem on the wall and a table with a coffee maker and around is 21 mugs that each student last year designed and painted them. The student came back today to make a cabinet that the students this year could make mugs on. For those of you who don't know my last name is Coffey so it is a play on my class but also my last name.

QOTD Monday 10th June 2013

Where (apart from Disney!!) do you feel at ease, and why???

I think my back yard. It is such a calming place. We have a lot of trees and it has shady spots depending on the time of the day. I also love a good campsite.

Off to go make dinner.

Have a happy and healthy day.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #148
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Talk me into registering for the Princess 1/2. I know I can do the 5K, easy. I know I can do the 10K, walk or intervals.

I think I would be more regretful if I don't register for the 1/2 than if I did register and either failed or didn't even start. The cost is not a factor.

DS16 starts summer practice on the 25th of June. He has to be at school at 6am, 5 days a week. My plan (if the little kids cooperate) is to stay at the school and run the track (the older kids do road work so I wouldn't be in their way)
Buffy--I have no doubt you can do the half. You still have plenty of time to get ready.

BUT, and this is a big but, you have to put yourself first and stick to a training plan in order to avoid injury and be able to complete the race in the allotted time feeling good.

I wanted to run a half marathon for over 10 years before I finally did it. I stopped and started so many times, it is kind of crazy. I finally just decided I was going to do it, and I was religious about sticking to my training plan.

It is doable.

You can do it!

Make yourself a priority, get a plan together, and register.

I will be happy to encourage (nag) you about sticking with your plan if you would like.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:39 PM   #149
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Thanks Rose

I think I can stick to a plan if I register. I have severe buyers guilt and knowing I can't get my money back is a huge motivator.
I asked DH and he's actually kind of dismissive about it. Not in a rude way but more of a do whatever you want way, noncommittal.

DS16 got his summer mileage calendar today. He's running 5-6 days a week. So we will be working together.
I can't put in the kind of miles he can, yet. But on lazy days our plan is to push each other.

We shall see. I just need to decide and make sure we can swing it. The signing bonus hasn't come yet and that's what I was going to use for the registration.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards
Old 06-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #150
Raya
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post

A few questions: how far are you running each week (in miles or duration)? How injury prone are you? How consistent are you? I've been running for about 11 years, and I've registered for lots of races I didn't end up running. For me the cost of registration is a fine price to pay to motivate myself to get out there for all the training runs. If that sounds ok to you, go sign up! If you feel like training for something and not running is the perfect definition of a failure, then maybe you shouldn't.

As far as your body goes, most folks would be fine going from 10K now to 13.1 next February/March. Adding 1 mile a week to your long run with the occasional cut back week is pretty conservative running wisdom. 10K is 6.2, so you'd need 7 weeks to get to a half... and you've got way more than that!

If you're worried about encouragement or sticking with things, we'll be here to cheer you on!
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: