Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #31
Zbugz
Thinking about In n Out Burgers and Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
Physically, it was a fun 3D menu with 3D glasses. As for the food, they said it was a special menu.

I just realized I took pics of the menus. Here you go...

(not blurry, it was 3D when viewed with the provided glasses)

This one's a bit blurry, but I think you can make most of it out.

Animator's Palette has its show night on the 2nd time you eat there. Funny you should ask because our 2nd time there was our night in SF and we did not think they would do the show that night since many did not return to the ship for dinner --- including ourselves. We were wrong. LOL

Dreams
Thanks so much - you rock! That menu photo is so helpful.
Zbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #32
jlmarr
You got that right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Dreams View Post
Physically, it was a fun 3D menu with 3D glasses. As for the food, they said it was a special menu.

I just realized I took pics of the menus. Here you go...
They first used that menu for the Pixar Cruises last year. Glad to see they still are having fun with the theme. Gives us hope that there might be another Pixar Cruise someday...

Quote:
The front of the ship is a great view and you can get some wonderful pictures of the bridge. However, if what you want is photos of the ship going under the bridge, further back (midship, maybe) would probably be better -- and not as crowded. I would definitely be on deck 10.
Quote:
So as for "Where?" LOL, I think it depends on what you want. The view sailing in with nothing in front of you vs. the cool photograph of the ships' stacks going under the bridge.
Agreed. Here's a shot I got last year on the Sep 16 cruise, looking backward after sailing under the GG. https://twitter.com/jlmarr1622/statu...006081/photo/1 My "looking forward" shots weren't nearly as interesting.
jlmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2013, 10:26 PM   #33
MasonsG
Earning My Ears

regarding the transfers

that was a huge help, I knew yours were possibly LAX to the ship whereas ours were the opposite (unless you live in LA) and I so appreciate all the info you are sharing. We live south of LA so in 2014 we get on in San Diego and do the coastal route into Vancouver, but this Sept it is Vancouver to LA and thankfully Super Shuttle is available but it does mean we have to bring along a car seat the entire trip for that 40 minute transfer. So I was hoping possibly Disney had offered a shuttle from LAX to the port on your cruise or if anyone might know, nothing has been mentioned for the coastal repositioning in Sept when we go from Vancouver to LA. We have all the info for Vancouvers sky train and our hotel- and Super Shuttle reserved for LA but it would be nice if there was an option without taking a car seat on the trip.

And I had asked about Seattle since our 2014 cruise would bring us back to Vancouver but perhaps we could see Seattle since we were so close and we have our grandson age 4 who is crazy about trains- so it was too fantastic a chance to maybe hear if anyone had done it and possibly how challenging it is with luggage or just where you start and end. But the air to Vancouver one way has been so reasonable- it was just a possible alternative for 2014. I have really enjoyed everything you have shared, we have had no problems finding lots of info for transfers to Port Canaveral but there was less news for LA- cannot thank you enough for helping us all out!!
MasonsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #34
RweTHEREyet
What makes you think the Tag Fairy doesn't know you?? :D
Will get my Grapefruit Cake at Starring Rolls from now on!
I can't stand not having another trip booked!

Ahh, Scomas, we have eaten there, many years ago, but I remember it as being very good and the atmosphere was just delightful. May have to try for an early dinner there next May.

Thanks to all those that have contributed to this thread. We will be doing this next May, but out of San Diego.

If anyone has Navigators they could share, that would be just great, whenever you get the chance.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences, and we can't wait to hear more.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #35
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RweTHEREyet View Post
Ahh, Scomas, we have eaten there, many years ago, but I remember it as being very good and the atmosphere was just delightful. May have to try for an early dinner there next May.

Thanks to all those that have contributed to this thread. We will be doing this next May, but out of San Diego.

If anyone has Navigators they could share, that would be just great, whenever you get the chance.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences, and we can't wait to hear more.
A friend and I are also on the May 2014 San Diego to Vancouver cruise. I appreciate all the input in this thread. It definitely spiked my excitement for this cruise, especially sailing under the Golden Gate. I will definitely have to drag myself out of bed for that. The silly thing is that I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, but I am still excited to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge on the Wonder and get pictures of the ship as she passes under the bridge.

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #36
cpc430
Mouseketeer

Were there alot of kids on this cruise? I would love to do this cruise out of SD next May but it would mean pulling my kids out of school. I hate pulling them out so close to the end of the year, but it would be after there state testing.
cpc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #37
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Thanks! We were supposed to be on this cruise, but switched to the reverse repo in Sept! Glad you had a great time!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #38
RweTHEREyet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
A friend and I are also on the May 2014 San Diego to Vancouver cruise. I appreciate all the input in this thread. It definitely spiked my excitement for this cruise, especially sailing under the Golden Gate. I will definitely have to drag myself out of bed for that. The silly thing is that I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, but I am still excited to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge on the Wonder and get pictures of the ship as she passes under the bridge.
Hey there, recognize you from our Meets Thread. I so want to make it on deck to get a shot going under the Golden Gate. I hope they are able to tell us what time it should take place. I am not one for getting up early to stand in the cold and wait.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #39
RweTHEREyet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc430 View Post
Were there alot of kids on this cruise? I would love to do this cruise out of SD next May but it would mean pulling my kids out of school. I hate pulling them out so close to the end of the year, but it would be after there state testing.
You can check out the Meets Thread for the May 2014 sailing to see who all is going so far and how many kids are on that sailing already.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3070167
Old 06-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #40
AppleDGang
Earning My Ears

We live in the Bay Area, and was downtown SF when the Wonder was docked - looked amazing. Question: How rough are the seas on the coastal cruise? Have heard it can roll quite a bit - but it looks to be awesome trip. Thanks.
AppleDGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #41
Asnell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsG View Post
thankfully Super Shuttle is available but it does mean we have to bring along a car seat the entire trip for that 40 minute transfer. So I was hoping possibly Disney had offered a shuttle from LAX to the port on your cruise or if anyone might know, nothing has been mentioned for the coastal repositioning in Sept when we go from Vancouver to LA. We have all the info for Vancouvers sky train and our hotel- and Super Shuttle reserved for LA but it would be nice if there was an option without taking a car seat on the trip.
Have you spoken with Super Shuttle about your need for a car seat? Several of the shuttle services in our area (San Francisco) will provide them if arranged in advance.
Asnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #42
MasonsG
Earning My Ears

they were great about it but did say I needed to bring one. If there was a Disney shuttle then I know we wouldn't need one for the bus, and there has not been any mention of a shuttle option for this Sept when the Wonder reverses down from Vancouver- figured it didn't hurt to ask if there had been one for the northbound voyagers starting out of LA. We will just bring the car seat along- would have been nice to have not needed one but the cruise makes it well worth dragging it along. Nice seeing so many others posting that will also be on the Sept sailing!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #43
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonsG View Post
that was a huge help, I knew yours were possibly LAX to the ship whereas ours were the opposite (unless you live in LA) and I so appreciate all the info you are sharing. We live south of LA so in 2014 we get on in San Diego and do the coastal route into Vancouver, but this Sept it is Vancouver to LA and thankfully Super Shuttle is available but it does mean we have to bring along a car seat the entire trip for that 40 minute transfer. So I was hoping possibly Disney had offered a shuttle from LAX to the port on your cruise or if anyone might know, nothing has been mentioned for the coastal repositioning in Sept when we go from Vancouver to LA. We have all the info for Vancouvers sky train and our hotel- and Super Shuttle reserved for LA but it would be nice if there was an option without taking a car seat on the trip.

And I had asked about Seattle since our 2014 cruise would bring us back to Vancouver but perhaps we could see Seattle since we were so close and we have our grandson age 4 who is crazy about trains- so it was too fantastic a chance to maybe hear if anyone had done it and possibly how challenging it is with luggage or just where you start and end. But the air to Vancouver one way has been so reasonable- it was just a possible alternative for 2014. I have really enjoyed everything you have shared, we have had no problems finding lots of info for transfers to Port Canaveral but there was less news for LA- cannot thank you enough for helping us all out!!
We are on the same cruise and have the same problem with car seats! I am checking out this company: http://www.laxairportshuttle.com/ they say they provide car seats!

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:54 AM   #44
MasonsG
Earning My Ears

I had to go back and look- it had been back in January that I booked SuperShuttle because I had used them before and they were fantastic. But I also wasn't using a car seat back then. It was $49 for 3 adults and 1 child from the port to LAX as at the time Disney was not showing any transfer options for our cruise. How did the other compare, I trust & enjoy SuperShuttle but it would be lovely not to have to haul a car seat the entire trip.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #45
scottrob

Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisettemac View Post
What kind of shape was the ship in? I'm a bit concerned that it might be rundown since it's heading to dry dock...
Disney does this periodically to make repairs, upgrade systems, etc. They do a lot of work during cruises and port days, but some things need more time and would be too disruptive to the passengers (changing bedding, updating televisions, etc). The Magic is getting some 500 changes during its upcoming dry dock including new water slides. I personally believe the Disney ships are some of the best maintained ships in the world.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: