Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 09:01 PM   #61
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience
 
*Fantasia*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,615

Wow! That is one long paragraph!
__________________
°O° Telly °O°
Me~ DS 16~ DD 14~ DS 6
ASmovies 3x~ '00-'01-'04--- ASports~ '03--- POP~ '04--- CBR 2x~ '00 -'04
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #62
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience
 
*Fantasia*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddykildare View Post
Every complaint will go on youre "record" so think before you act.
And just a little advice. Youre first post is totally unreadable. It is just a big soup bowl of words.
I actually lost appetite reading the long paragraph.. I can't absorb it all.. I had to stop reading..

I hope things get better for you..
__________________
°O° Telly °O°
Me~ DS 16~ DD 14~ DS 6
ASmovies 3x~ '00-'01-'04--- ASports~ '03--- POP~ '04--- CBR 2x~ '00 -'04
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-31-2013, 09:10 PM   #63
davedmaine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhongepooh View Post
Ok we checked in today and I know all you LOVE the Grand Floridian but we HATE, HATE, HATE it! We miss our home at the Contemporary. It started at check in. The room wasn't ready so I gave them my cell number. We still hadn't heard anything by 1:30 and my grandson was exhausted. We decided to go back and ask about the room....it was ready and had been since 11:30 and they argued with me that they sent me a message until I finally got my phone and showed them no message...no big deal though the room was ready and that was the main thing...till they told me where it was. I did online check in last week and asked for Sago Cay (or is it Key it's too late tonight) but I had also called a while back and personally asked for it and when they did our check in I saw this request noted in a paper she had. Where did we get? Big Pine...the EXACT OPPOSITE side of the resort or our new term...the back forty because its 40 miles from ANYWHERE you want to be. I also asked for a high floor and we got the 2nd floor. I explained to the desk that I understood just because I asked for a building didn't automatically mean I would get it but it seemed like they put us in the exact opposite that I had asked for. Their reply was sorry it was the only building that had 2 rooms near each other...bull! So I take it because the baby needed to rest, in our room because my daughter's room wasn't ready. We get in and look out our window to the balcony and what is our view? The DVC construction site! Then when my daughter and son in law get into their room they have no DVD like we do. I go BACK down and across the back 40 to the front desk to tell them and to tell a manager how disappointed I Amanda I did talk to a WONDERFUL woman, a greeter I think, who got me a manager who we go through the whole story with again. One reason I asked for Sago Cay is because my Aunt, in her mid 70s is with us and has a hard time getting around in the evening. So he really doesn't say much to me AT all and I finally tell him to just switch they keys to the rooms and put daughter, son in law and grandson in the room with the DVD and us in the room without. He did this. While I was waiting there were 2 other people having MAJOR problems ...even worse than mine so I didn't throw a host fit. The guy ahead of me was from Scotland had 3 rooms and they had not informed him of the pool being closed and had sold them the wrong tickets so the guy and his kids had gone to a park and they refused to let them in...I don't know if they maybe didn't buy park hoppers or if it was something else but they were not helping him AT ALL. So later we had to get something out of the car, which was in valet, and I called to get it brought around....no answer AT ALL!! We just went on down and I told them I called to have the car brought around but didn't get an answer. The manager, the same one who was NO help to the Scottish guy, told me, "We Aren't doing call ahead valet because its too busy out here"... Which wouldn't have been bad BUT (1) they refused to even take calls so you didn't know WHAT was going on until you hiked the back 40 AGAIN and (2) THERE WAS NOTHING GOING ON... No traffic, no cars , no people. This evening we went to DHS and we had to hike the back 49 plus 10 more to get to the bus stop. When returning this e ending they continued to pack people in until we couldn't MOVE AT ALL. There were probably about 15 to 20 of us standing in the aisles and of course we were the last to be dropped off. At the Contemporary every single time we come back from the parks we are greeted with someone telling us , "Welcome home" . We have had NO ONE say anything to us AND my daughter to my grandson into one of the stores nd the store clerk not only didn't acknowledge they came in, the only 2 in the store, but she was short to her. Now we have had a couple of nice CM's...housekeeping, the actual ones getting the rooms ready have been really nice (although when I called this evening for a blanket for daughter 2 on the couch bed the CM on the housekeeping on the phone argued with me that there was 2 blankets in the room...there were none they apparently mistook a pillow for a blanket because we had 3 extra pillows). The bellhop, Whitt, I THINK ...I have his name written down....who was GREAT! HE told us where the pools were and their hours and where Gas? Grill was and that we could see the Electric Water Parade and about the boat and the hidden Mickeys, Goofys and Tinkerbelles, even pointing them out to us! The Contemporary is our home and we booked the Grand because the Contemporary was booked when I had to change our reservations. We were excited though to stay in Disney's "Flagship Hotel". We are NOT impressed and if I could move to the Contemporary tomorrow we would do it in a heartbeat. I'm going to be writing a long letter when we get home. We paid close to $8,000.00 for our vacation for 5 days/5 nights park hoppers with the dining plan and we still feel like most of the staff could care less about making us satisfied. Anyone know who I would call or where I would write to complain?
Dude, use paragraphs. What a mess..
davedmaine is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #64
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran
 
MinnieLovesMickey12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.
Posts: 2,098

I have read the original post and read through all 5 pages of responses and all I can say is WOW!

This is what I want to say...if you cannot read a big run on sentence, one big paragraph with no indention then maybe it is YOU that had a reading comprehension problem.

I can read every word she said, with no punctuation and no indention and still understood every word.

If English is your primary language then you should be able to read text not in paragraph form.

Honestly, if you started reading and had to stop because you couldn't understand what you were reading that is YOUR ISSUE.
__________________
10/27-11/6/11 All Star Music Family Suite (QSDP) --Family trip 1/26-2/1/12 Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista --Adults Only trip
4/16-4/21/12 Rosen Inn --Adults Only Trip 10/27-11/4/12 All Star Music Family Suite (DDP) --Family Trip
4/14-4/19/13 Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista -- Adults Only Trip 11/10-11/16/13 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Adults Only Trip
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #65
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran
 
Elinor Dashwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,513

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12 View Post
I have read the original post and read through all 5 pages of responses and all I can say is WOW!

This is what I want to say...if you cannot read a big run on sentence, one big paragraph with no indention then maybe it is YOU that had a reading comprehension problem.

I can read every word she said, with no punctuation and no indention and still understood every word.

If English is your primary language then you should be able to read text not in paragraph form.

Honestly, if you started reading and had to stop because you couldn't understand what you were reading that is YOUR ISSUE.
Lol! My thoughts exactly! Maybe all of these grammarians should pick up a Jane Austen novel, she was notorious for writing lengthy paragraphs yet amazingly, people could you know, understand her.

Attacking the OP because she failed to use paragraphs is rude if you ask me. That's a poor argument IMO, an ad hominem one at that.
Elinor Dashwood is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #66
disd55
Mouseketeer
 
disd55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhongepooh View Post
Now about the Welcome home.....it's just one of hose small things that makes the Contemporary the right place for us. I'm not saying ANYTHING against the 90 year old man that works as. A greeter at the Grand. He apparently not there when we checked in and we don't go through the front door as often so maybe we just missed him.

The location of the rooms, the attitude of SOME of the cast members, the lack of wifi a lot of the time, the distance from our room to EVERYTHING, as well as other things made me dislike the resort. I am not saying that I hate ANYONE just a resort. For heavens sake I hate mayo but that doesn't mean I hate anyone who uses mayo! I have seen many others who actually said they hate the Contemporary because they don't like the hustle and bustle of the resort or the retro feel of it. You know to each his own. Will I ever stay here again? NO....has it ruined my vacation? No....we are having a blast.

Now in regards to my aunt. She doesn't need an EVC but is very tired when we return in the evenings. Yes staying closer would have been MUCH better for her but we are all managing it.

There is no need to call the CIA to have me deported for crimes of terror for saying I hated, or even HATE, HATE, HATE the Grand. I still love disney and will return. I just won't be returning to the grand.

mOST of all a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE thank you all who took up for me! That was very much appreciated!!!!
I can very clearly read what you have typed. People need to stop pointing out the irrelevant things like how you are typing.

IMO, I understand everything you say. The greeting is something to cherish. We got that at the BC all the time and never again. It's not something that upsets us, but just goes to show how each resort has there own way of doing things.

In a way, I see where you are coming from. GF isn't the best resort. The best resort is the resort that makes you feel at Disney the most. On here, it seems a lot of people's favorite mod, or the 'deluxe mod' is CSR. That is the only mod we stayed at and we absolutely hated it. We wanted a preferred room and were put in the preferred 'section', but section is anywhere in the Casitas or Cabana 9B. We were put at the farthest Casitas Building, 5. We took 20 minute walks to the main pool on hot, summer days. Even El Centro felt like a hike. The lobby wasn't very grand. But I'm not going to criticize someone for liking CSR, Like you said with the mayo thing
disd55 is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 09:29 PM   #67
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

 
Rhongepooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: small town of Tylertown, MS
Posts: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
My observations in blue. As I mentioned in my first response, sounds like GF isn't a good fit for you, now you know.
Yeah!!! Someone totally gets it!!!! Yep, I agree GF just isn't a good fit for me. But to each his own...
__________________
Rhongepooh is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #68
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

 
Rhongepooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: small town of Tylertown, MS
Posts: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post

Dude, use paragraphs. What a mess..
Dude read the update! LOL
__________________
Rhongepooh is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 09:35 PM   #69
Jennygt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,410

Everyone just lighten up! We are all just crazy planners, and are dissapointed when things go wrong. As a fellow planner I feel her pain, and her need to vent! This is a vacation forum after all., op vent if you want to! And also have a great time!
__________________
me dh DD(3) ds (8)

Jennygt is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 09:36 PM   #70
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

 
Rhongepooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: small town of Tylertown, MS
Posts: 811

Just wanted to tell everyone who was SO nice to me in these post, thank you, thank you! It's so nice of you and I appreciate it. And to those who were kind of snarky, well to each his own.
__________________
Rhongepooh is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 09:37 PM   #71
Jennygt
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhongepooh View Post
Just wanted to tell everyone who was SO nice to me in these post, thank you, thank you! It's so nice of you and I appreciate it. And to those who were kind of snarky, well to each his own.
__________________
me dh DD(3) ds (8)

Jennygt is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 09:50 PM   #72
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran
 
LucyBC80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,536

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncc1701 View Post
Actually we gotten "welcome home" at POFQ from several of the staff coming back from the parks
I was posting to say exactly that. The kind gentlemen who work at POFQ were always there to wish me a good day and to say Welcome Home when I got back from the parks. It's a subtle but amazing touch that definitely makes me feel special and not just one more guest.
__________________
Me => Mom =>
LucyBC80 is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 09:59 PM   #73
darnheather
DIS Veteran
 
darnheather's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhongepooh View Post
Dude read the update! LOL



I was going to say the same thing.

Sorry your vacation didn't start out on the best foot. I hope with a little squeaky wheel you'll be able to get a new room location.
__________________
D13 and Izzy8 DisneyParis 2006, DisneySea 2010, DisneyWorld 2013

No trips planned for now but fingers crossed for DCL in 2015.
darnheather is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 10:00 PM   #74
sayheyrenee
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddykildare View Post
Every complaint will go on youre "record" so think before you act.
And just a little advice. Youre first post is totally unreadable. It is just a big soup bowl of words.
If you are going to be the paragraph police, I would suggest that you use the correct version of YOUR instead of You're

Last edited by sayheyrenee; 05-31-2013 at 10:25 PM.
sayheyrenee is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 10:16 PM   #75
kandb
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,274

OP, I get it. When you spend $8K on a vacation and are staying in the "best" hotel, you have very high expectations and when they are not met, you are disappointed. We stayed at the GF 3 years ago and "liked" it, but to be honest, I don't think it's worth over $500/night. For $500/night, I expect a butler outside my room.
kandb is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.