Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #16
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears

I think OP has already decided that its "worth it", so lets actually address her question, shall we?

If anything is being said about pool closures that's usually a red flag to me. Sometimes, NOT ALWAYS, it has to do with resort construction.

WDW in Pearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #17
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW in Pearls View Post
I think OP has already decided that its "worth it", so lets actually address her question, shall we?

If anything is being said about pool closures that's usually a red flag to me. Sometimes, NOT ALWAYS, it has to do with resort construction.
I think "we" (excluding me) already answered the question. No one knows. Rumors and speculation only at this point.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #18
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post

I think "we" (excluding me) already answered the question. No one knows. Rumors and speculation only at this point.
I was referring to the poster who, unprompted, gave their two cents about how to properly spend money in WDW.

WDW in Pearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #19
pam775
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
I read somewhere that the volcano pool and bar are going down this fall? This is not anything official at all, ( rumors at best) just something to keep in mind and ask about as it gets closer to your date. I would have a back up choice just in case something is not to your liking during your trip. Hope you have a great time!
Thank you!

DW offsite - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1990
POFQ - September, 2004
WL - May 2006, Oct/Nov 2010
US/IOA Royal Pacific - May, 2008
1st cruise on the Disney Magic - October 31, 2009
YC - Nov 2011
pam775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #20
pam775
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post
hi Pam. I too am looking into the Poly for a November trip and I am always looking on Tiki mans site.. Have you tried checking that out? He posts a few dates of room refurb as well as anything he finds out that he can "let out of the bag"...
Hi. Yes I have checked his site out and it has been helpful. Thanks.

DW offsite - 1978, 1979, 1980, 1990
POFQ - September, 2004
WL - May 2006, Oct/Nov 2010
US/IOA Royal Pacific - May, 2008
1st cruise on the Disney Magic - October 31, 2009
YC - Nov 2011
pam775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #21
donalduck
DIS Veteran

I just find it very stupid to pay that much PER NIGHT for a bed to sleep in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Here we go again with the "worth it' question.
donalduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #22
DisneyFan2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalduck View Post
If you want to do it and can afford to do it, I don't see the problem. I personally have no interest in value/moderate resorts. Not for me.
DisneyFan2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #23
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I can't believe I bit on this one. I guess I am stupid.

Perhaps to you and others, it is "stupid" (perhaps frivolous would be a better word choice) to pay just for a bed.

And as you know, but ignore, many people are happy paying for the location (easy access to/from 2 WDW parks via multiple methods, easy access to many restaurants, view of the castle, on the water so boat rental right there) and amenties (larger bed, larger room, multiple pools with a slide, beach, torch lighting, theming, landscaping, etc.). Our famly is one of those. If our financial picture was different, perhaps we would feel differently.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:03 AM   #24
donalduck
DIS Veteran

That's all I was asking. Why do people pay that much for it. I have no idea. I never been there. I am not lucky enough to have just extra money sitting around to waste on it. But I guess you do so enjoy it.

Quote:
I can't believe I bit on this one. I guess I am stupid.

Perhaps to you and others, it is "stupid" (perhaps frivolous would be a better word choice) to pay just for a bed.

And as you know, but ignore, many people are happy paying for the location (easy access to/from 2 WDW parks via multiple methods, easy access to many restaurants, view of the castle, on the water so boat rental right there) and amenties (larger bed, larger room, multiple pools with a slide, beach, torch lighting, theming, landscaping, etc.). Our famly is one of those. If our financial picture was different, perhaps we would feel differently.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #25
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's all I was asking. Why do people pay that much for it. I have no idea. I never been there. I am not lucky enough to have just extra money sitting around to waste on it. But I guess you do so enjoy it.
Understood. Thanks for clarifying.

Perhaps you shouldn't call it stupid if you haven't stayed there and have never been there. Many, including me, feel like it is a vacation within a vacation to stay there, since the grounds give many a feeling of being in the Pacific area or the Caribbean. So actually it's a "value" resort to many.

Last edited by bdklein; 05-31-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #26
donalduck
DIS Veteran

hmmm I see. All I said was it's just a stupid bed. I never said anything about the resort. If that's what you like then what ever floats your boat.

Quote:
Understood. Thanks for clarifying.

Perhaps you shouldn't call it stupid if you haven't stayed there and have never been there. Many, including me, feel like it is a vacation within a vacation to stay there, since the grounds give many a feeling of being in the Pacific area or the Caribbean. So actually it's a "value" resort to many.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #27
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1975 View Post
theres a big constuction project going on right now inbetween the poly and GF, but they have cracked on with it, there is a note on a quote i have from a travel agent that there may be pool closures due to the work going on with it being so close to the courtyard pool!
Do you know when the pool closure may happen, and is It the Volcano Pool? I'm going in Oct, so makes me a bit nervous..thanks!
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #28
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygt View Post
I read somewhere that the volcano pool and bar are going down this fall? This is not anything official at all, ( rumors at best) just something to keep in mind and ask about as it gets closer to your date. I would have a back up choice just in case something is not to your liking during your trip. Hope you have a great time!
Do you happen to know when this fall? I'm going in Oct (end of) and now I'm concerned..I would not stay at the Poly if the pool was closed. Its very important to our family to have a great pool!
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #29
Carriesouthard
Mouseketeer

I can't stand all this "worth" stuff. Today I was talking Disney with a few friends/acquaintances and I was asked where we were staying. When I said the Polynesian one guy was like " well la de dah...wow" he kept going on as if I was some sort of snob or something. Dh and I work very hard and if we choose to spend our money at Disney/Poly than who cares. With 3 dd's it can't be beat...monorail to 2 parks, wishes on the beach, dole whips lol! People will judge you no matter where you stay, to each his own. Worth is different to everyone. 75 days until am there
Carriesouthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #30
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriesouthard View Post
With 3 dd's it can't be beat...monorail to 2 parks, wishes on the beach, dole whips lol!
And stupid beds!! Have a great trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: