Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Must Visit Resorts

Hi everyone!

We will be arriving in Orlando a day earlier than we had initially planned so we now have two days before our Disney Cruise. We won't be visiting the parks (we are doing them after the cruise). One day we will be doing mini golf and Disney Quest, some quite time at the resort and dinner at DTD.

We thought it might be a good day to visit some of the resorts on the other day. We were thinking about doing High Tea at the Grand Floridian but what other must visit resorts do you recommend to check out? We have visited most of the major ones (AKL, Contemporary, GF, Poly) on previous trips but have never really spend that much time there checking out the theming ect.

What are you "must visit" resorts?

Thanks everyone!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess

Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
herb102211
DIS Veteran

The Yacht/Beach Club and the Boardwalk. The area is beautiful especially at night. You could catch illuminations from the bridge between the BC and BW.The kids might also enjoy the theming at Art of Animation.

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL
Me (28) DH (28)
herb102211 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Must visits in my book are first off any new hotel that has opened since I have been.

AoA is a must the themes are amazing and you can take a lot of pictures.

AKL because of the scenery

The poly is one of my favorites but we usually visit all the hotels on the monorail loop

Beach and yacht clubs are also very nice to visit and even eat at I suggest beaches and cream for the kitchen sink if you have not already done it.

disney lover at heart

[/url]
rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
matt&jakesmom
DIS Veteran

My pick would be AKL. We love the theming of the resort. There is so much to look at in and around the lobby. There are also different viewing areas to look at the animals. From what I recall a while back that around 4 they have a tasting at one of the resturants. I am sure you could call and get info on that if interested.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

We love to visit Fort Wilderness. It is a short boat ride from MK, is quiet and has open space. There is a nice playground for little kids, pony rides, and you can walk through the Disney barn and see some full size horses and maybe even watch a blacksmith work. Trail's End is a very nice buffet restaurant and a comparatively good deal. There is also a very quiet path through the woods to Wilderness Lodge, where you can check out that resort as well. At WL there are some dining options as well, including Whispering Canyon which has an "active" atmosphere that's fun for kids and a nice quick service restaurant near the pool. WL has boat transportation between it, FW, and CR on one loop and a boat to MK as well. It all makes for a fun and beautiful area to walk through.
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Take a stroll around the Boardwalk. In doing so, you can check out 3 lovely resorts in one trip: Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club and Yacht Club. (And the revamped Boardwalk Bakery looks FABULOUS!)
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #7
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! We decided to check out Saratoga Springs, The Boardwalk Resorts (we are going to Beaches and Cream one of the days) And AoA. We will visit AKL when we have a Boma reservation later in the trip and will visit Fort Wilderness one morning before MK. Thanks everyone for the great suggestions!

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess

Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: