Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
mommala
Earning My Ears

Question Are all restaurants inside the Disney parks?

We are staying a week in Orlando area outside Disney World with 4 days in the Disney parks. Is is possible to dine at the Boma Restaurant without a park admission ticket on one of our 3 non-Disney days? Thank you for answering what may seem to many to be a question from Ms. Clueless. (Yours Truly!)
mommala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommala View Post
We are staying a week in Orlando area outside Disney World with 4 days in the Disney parks. Is is possible to dine at the Boma Restaurant without a park admission ticket on one of our 3 non-Disney days? Thank you for answering what may seem to many to be a question from Ms. Clueless. (Yours Truly!)
There are LOTS of restaurants outside of the parks! Sit-down (also known as "table service") restaurants can be found in all of the moderate and the deluxe resorts. Boma is at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. If you're using Disney's transportation, you would need to take a bus from one of the parks to AKL.

When I was a newbie, I found AllEars.net (this was before I found the DIS!) to be invaluable. There's also a ton of info here. Across the top of this page you'll see a bar with "Theme Parks", "Resorts", ... "Dining"... Everything you would want to know about Disney dining is right there.

Oh.... and to the DIS! There are LOTS of Disney addicts on here to help you with ANYTHING that you may need to know about "home".

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
It'sWDW4me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #3
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You don't need Park Admission for Boma. Boma is in Animal Kingdom Lodge, which is one of the resorts You will need to make a reservation for Boma and reservations open 180 days from the day you want to to have breakfast or dinner there

Ask as many questions as you want and I'm sure everyone will be happy to help you

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As the pp's said, there are a lot of sit down restaurants in the resorts. We eat a TS every night for dinner on our trips and we actually prefer the restaurants at the resorts over the ones in the parks. As has been mentioned, it's best to make a reservation at Boma (or any other sit down restaurant) ahead of time to make sure you get in, as a lot of places fill up quickly and do not take walk ups if they are busy. Have a great trip and enjoy Boma.....it's one of our favorites .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:59 AM   #5
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

There is one Theme Park restaurant that can be accessed without going into a Park.

That is Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom.

It is "considered" an Animal Kingdom restaurant(it is listed on the Animal Kingdom Times Guide),but it is JUST outside the turnstiles(it also has its "own" turnstile into the Park).
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
Canadian_Princess
Mouseketeer

Dtd

Don't forget about the Downtown Disney Area. This may be more accessible than some of the Resort restaurants and some of them are decent. There is also no admission and readily available parking (if you are driving). It's pretty easy to get to from Orlando. Definitely check out Allears for information on the non-park restaurants!

1992 - DL Offsite September 1997 - CBR August 2000 - ASMo August 2005 - ASMo August 2007 - ASMo
April 2010 - ASMo August 2011 - POP May 2012 - CSR/ASMu December 2013 - POR ~ FIRST DISNEY CHRISTMAS!!! May 2014 - POFQ First Free Dining!
Canadian_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can patronize a restaurant at any resort or Downtown Disney without using park admission. There are loads of restaurants outside the parks. Boma is in a resort, so you may dine there without park admission.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Princess View Post
Don't forget about the Downtown Disney Area. This may be more accessible than some of the Resort restaurants and some of them are decent. There is also no admission and readily available parking (if you are driving). It's pretty easy to get to from Orlando. Definitely check out Allears for information on the non-park restaurants!
Not always so readily available. I've circled that lot many times looking for a space!

If you check out the dining link near the very top of the page, you can find a list of all the restaurants broken down by location (parks, resorts, DTD) and even see sample menus for those restaurants.

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #9
Canadian_Princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicbob View Post
Not always so readily available. I've circled that lot many times looking for a space!
Haha! Yeah, I was definitely thinking that when I was typing this, but at least there's signs and no giant scary security gate

1992 - DL Offsite September 1997 - CBR August 2000 - ASMo August 2005 - ASMo August 2007 - ASMo
April 2010 - ASMo August 2011 - POP May 2012 - CSR/ASMu December 2013 - POR ~ FIRST DISNEY CHRISTMAS!!! May 2014 - POFQ First Free Dining!
Canadian_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: