Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #16
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Royal Palace and Evolutions

My TA made sure to put on our reservation that we were celebrating DD21 birthday. Her crown and sash made everyone on the ship aware of this and everyone we ran into said Happy Birthday. I had called DCL and requested Royal Palace on the 1st night. Royal Palace is definitely made for a Princess.

We ordered the Escargot for everyone to share (I figured this may be the only chance to get the girls to taste it... They can't say no to Mickey

Our Waiters were amazing Jo-Jo and Andre. They would place our napkins on our laps and Jo-Jo would cut DD9 meat every night and even feed her a bite!

It had been quite a long and exciting day and DD15 barely made it through dinner.

For dessert several of the waiters came to sing Happy Birthday and bought her a special dessert.

Take time to walk around the restaurant after dinner. Check out the Princess art, window treatments, floors, chandeliers and chair designs it is majestic!

DD15 wanted to change before heading to the Golden Mickeys Show so I hung out on the balcony while she changed. I also filled out the room service card that is in the dresser drawer so that we would have coffee, tea and juice delivered at 7AM. This served as our wake -up every morning

On our way to the theater guess who we ran into.

The Girls walked the red carpet and were interviewed for the show. It was televised on the screen inside the theater. Very Cool!

FYI Filming and picture taking is not allowed inside the theater. But it was Amazing!!! This is where we meat our Cruise Director Christian. He was hilarious. (He is also on the TV explaining next day procedures)

It was time for to split up. DD9 went to the Oceaneer Club. DD15 went running off to Vibe (She had met some teens at the Sail Away party and was not excited to hang out). DD21, DH and I were off to dance the night away at Evolutions We agreed to all meet back at the room at Midnight since we were getting up early the next day for the Bahamas.

We shook our booties till clock struck 12. Then like Cinderella DD21 came back shoeless

We were welcomed by a swan and some sleepy chocolates

It was late and we were getting ready for bed but DD9 wanted to try room service and order Milk and Cookies. The girls in their PJs went up to the 11th floor with their cups to get water for the night. It also gave DD21 a chance to ride the corner glass elevator alone so she could video the characters on the wall.

Next Stop The Bahamas
yajaira74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #17
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your report! Love the family pic outside the terminal when you arrived at the port...beautiful!

And what celebrations you had for your cruise! Wonderful!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #18
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Bahamas!!!

*Knock Knock Knock* Room Service! Bed was too comfy so I sent DH to answer the door
Nothing like tea or coffee or juice on the veranda! It felt amazing another must do if you have a veranda room!

We wore our swimsuits under our clothes since DH wanted to take a quick dip at the public beach after our walking tour. We packed our water bottles that were kept nice and cold in the refrigerator and headed down to Enchanted Garden for the Breakfast buffet.

Enchanted Garden has awesome scenery that changes lighting according to the time of day. Very Pretty

I was looking forward to Mickey Waffles and Eggs Benedict but the buffet did not have Eggs Benedict. Our server heard me say this and 10 minutes later she brought me a plate of Eggs Benedict!

PS Try the sausage they were yumtastic!

With our belly full and happy it was time to meet the princess. We headed to the Princess Gathering in the Atrium. While we were waiting guess who appears

The CM's were very impressed with the autograph books I printed from the DisDesign. Each character had their own page (They liked that)

Well it was time to tour Nassau! I had gone online and printed this walking tour. it was really informative and had great directions. It was a great tour and it was FREE

http://www.brentjes.com/nassau.html

The welcome center was busy and fun full of music and great colorful designs

Our 1st stop was get our 1st passports stamp. We walked to that tall yellow building. They checked our ID's at security and told us to go the last office down the hall. There we were greeted by 2 Bahamian Officials who stamped our passports and then proceeded to sing Happy Birthday to DD21 who was wearing her birthday crown.

Time to tour the island: Parliament, Pubic Library, Queens Staircase, Fort Fincastle, Water Tower

Last edited by yajaira74; 06-02-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #19
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

You did my favorite thing in Nassau...touring on our own! We always get our passports stamped there (tons of stamps, so they now just welcome me back when they open my book! LOL), and love walking over to Ft. Fincastle and Queen's Staircase. I think these two spots are completely overlooked, which is a shame because they are quite charming.

Looking forward to seeing which beach you ended up at!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #20
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Bahamas Cont.

It was a beautifully sunny day and we worked up a nice sweat touring the island it was now time to take a dip in the beach. But first a quick stop at Diamond International for our free charm bracelet. Outside the shopping show on the ship they gave the girls boat charms and a coupon for a free bracelet. We walked into the store they directed us to a table in the back where there was an employee handing out the bracelet. I didn't even need the coupon, I just had to tell him which ship I was on. No strings attached! Free Souvenir Score!

We headed to the free public beach Junkanoo Beach

There was a Tiki Bar on the beach selling 3 bahama mama shots and 3 beers for $10. Yes Please

A street vendor was selling chonch whistles 3 for $5 I offered him 3 and he accepted. I was told to always haggle and it works

It was now time to head back to the ship for lunch. DH needed his daily crab and shrimp fix So we headed to Cabanas. The sushi was delish!

When we got to the room we had a couple of cool surprises.
Our Pirate bandanas were waiting for us with our invitation to the booking desk

Comfy robes

Chocolate covered strawberries

The strawberries came with an apology note. That morning, our toilet was not flushing. We called Guest Services and they had it taken care of in 20 min. They didn't even have to come to the room. We just heard a *woosh* coming from the toilet and it was all good again. You gotta love Disney service

The girls went to the pool while DH and I went to the 3PM Mixology class. It was $15 per person and was totally worth it. It was held in the Skyline Bar. The Skyline Bar has changing "windows" which take you on an international skyline tour. Brazil, Hong Kong, New York, France. It was very cool. The bartender teaches the class to make 4 drinks and then you get to make them for the rest of the class. We made B-52, Paris Martini, Pirate Treasure (I liked this one the most) & Capirinha. It was really fun, informative and yes you do walk out with a bit of a buzz.

Once the class was over we walked over to the booking desk and booked a dummy date for 2014

We told the girls to be in the room at 4:30 so we could be ready for Pirate Night. They were in the room when we came in waving our receipt from the booking desk

Time to get our Pirate on

Last edited by yajaira74; 06-02-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:23 AM   #21
kittychatalot
DVC since 02/09 BLT

Amazing Report!

I want to hang with you all!

"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life....You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures..." Walt Disney
kittychatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:37 AM   #22
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

I am loving your report! We are on our first ever cruise (also a 3 night bahamas) on Nov 14 and I hope we have as much fun as your family is having!

One question....How did you decide what restaurant to eat breakfast at in the morning? If you don't go to Cabanas for breakfast do you go to the restaurant you will be dining at that night?

Also I love how much you were able to accomplish in Nassau just before lunchtime! We are undecided about what to do that day, but I really didn't want to pay for a pricey excursion.

More!! More!!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:04 AM   #23
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx774
Congrats on your trip.
You have a great looking family.
I take it you had a wonderful time.
More please.
Thank you we had an awesome time
Old 06-03-2013, 06:07 AM   #24
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl726
Looks like a great start, interested to read more! I just love the terminal and the welcome you get!
Thank you everything was perfect beginning to end
Old 06-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #25
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbn1122
Thank you for sharing....what a beautiful family. 3 daughters....I have 3 sons, 19, 15 and 13.

I am looking forward to your whole report. We will be on the Dream 3 night for the 2nd time next August. When went the first time in 2011 we had to deal with the remnants of Hurricane Irene, so it was a little disappointing , no CC..

No CC that's awful. I'm sure you will have an outstanding time thus August
Old 06-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #26
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by biged9973
Congratulations on being 1 year cancer free. My wife is 3 years cancer free, also cervical cancer. There is nothing like going thru treatment etc to give you perspective on the important things in life.

You guys look like you had an amazing time and I'm looking forward to more!!
Thank you. It us an amazing feeling. Congrats to your wife as well
Old 06-03-2013, 07:10 AM   #27
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3
I am loving your report! We are on our first ever cruise (also a 3 night bahamas) on Nov 14 and I hope we have as much fun as your family is having!

One question....How did you decide what restaurant to eat breakfast at in the morning? If you don't go to Cabanas for breakfast do you go to the restaurant you will be dining at that night?

Also I love how much you were able to accomplish in Nassau just before lunchtime! We are undecided about what to do that day, but I really didn't want to pay for a pricey excursion.

More!! More!!
You're going to love it!
The navigator they place in your room every night will list which restaurants are open for breakfast.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #28
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaira74
You're going to love it!
The navigator they place in your room every night will list which restaurants are open for breakfast.
I always kept my navigator with me. I would fold it and put in my camera bag. Always took it out at lunch and dinner to check what was going on and what we were going to do next
Old 06-03-2013, 07:36 AM   #29
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Oops almost forgot about the postcards

Before we left the ship to tour Nassau. I took with me the postcards that are in the desk draw. My tour was going to take us past the post office so I knew I could buy bahamian stamps and mail postcards to ourselves reminding us of how much fun we were having. I had heard the Post Office at Castaway Cay was hit or miss as to when it was open and I didn't want to take the chance. To my surprise there was a Post Office Kiosk in the Welcome center so on our way back from touring the Bahamas and swiming at the beach. I stopped by the Post Office Kiosk and purchased 2 Bahamian stamps for $1 and had the girls write DH & Me something great on the postcards. (PS bring your own pen they didn't have any but I had ours that we took to the Princess Gathering)
We don't know what they wrote and can't wait for them to arrive. I am sure they will have forgotten by the time they get here to so it will be fun and exciting to receive them
Old 06-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #30
yajaira74
Mouseketeer

Pirate Night - My favorite Night

DD9 had an old pirate costume from DD15 and the rest of us put together our Pirate looks from what we had. The Bandannas tied it all together. We even got Pirate Mickey's approval

This night we had dinner at Animator Palate. The crush show was entertaining. This is where the girls got their light-up pirate cups for $5 (another great value souvenir!)

DD15 had had a late night at the Vibe and didn't make it to dessert again

After dinner we made it up to deck 12 to watch the Mickey Pirate show it was fun and really got everyone in the Pirate mood. We still remember the special Pirate Dance Moves they taught us.

This night was the Villains tonight show. I had read many times on DIS that this was everyone's least favorite. Well DH LOVED it as did the rest of us it was as expected of course a really good Disney show and very funny.

After the show we made it over to the D-Lounge for "A Pirates Life For Me" family games like toss the doubloons in the bucket and Swab the deck

They even taught us the Official Pirate song

It was time for the Pirate show and Fireworks. We made it back to our favorite spot on the 12

Do not miss this show and fireworks it was impressive!
After the fireworks the whole place turns into Club Pirate. They play music and its a huge dance party the kids had a blast

As the music started I snuck down to Cabanas and got DH this

YUP! TURKEY LEG!!! A little tip my TA gave me. There was a buffet with Turkey Legs and Taco stations and some desserts. I didn't see it advertised in the Navigator and I had many people ask us where we got it. DH was very happy

That turkey leg gave us the energy to dance the night away

It came to a close around 12 and we decided to stop by Evolutions just to see what was going on. Little did we know we were walking in to a wedding reception! Well it would have been rude to leave so we stayed to help celebrate.

We made it back to the room around 1am and DD9 wanted to order room service. Well why not that's part of the vacation fun so we ordered for everyone to share: chicken strips, cheese burger and fries, and milk and cookies. What can I say, all that dancing made us hungry

The next day was Castaway Cay we couldn't wait for our 1st attempt at snorkeling

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: