Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #16
MyMagicKingdom
Mouseketeer

I've done breakfast and dinner there and I enjoyed both. We're vegan and when we told the CM that sat us the chef came out, talked to us a bit and brought out several different plates of options (not just single serve plates, HUGE plates for the whole table) for us and told us what we could eat from the buffet. They're very attentive. The characters came back 3 times during breakfast with the exception of Mary Poppins. Alice played with my 1 year old for a good few minutes while we were leaving because he wouldn't give her the time of day before. We did go in late Jan so it was pretty dead, and we did dinner in late August a few years ago and all of the characters except Cinderella came back twice.

FYI...I thought the Mad Hatter was hysterical but he scared the hell out of my kids. The CM that played him was, IMO, very spot on with his portrayal and once my kids got over their initial "oh my god this guy must be an escaped mental patient" they took pictures with him.
*June 2009 (Honeymoon!!!) ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)/The Polynesian (Aotearoa)/Disney Wonder*
*August 2010 ~ Pop Century ..... First time celebrating my birthday in WDW and DS' first WDW trip!!!!!!*
*August 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge....My bday (again!) and DS' first trip to WDW!!! *
*January 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach*
*November 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach...surprise trip for the kids!!! First MVMCP!!!! *
MyMagicKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #17
kaybird
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMagicKingdom View Post
I've done breakfast and dinner there and I enjoyed both. We're vegan and when we told the CM that sat us the chef came out, talked to us a bit and brought out several different plates of options (not just single serve plates, HUGE plates for the whole table) for us and told us what we could eat from the buffet. They're very attentive. The characters came back 3 times during breakfast with the exception of Mary Poppins. Alice played with my 1 year old for a good few minutes while we were leaving because he wouldn't give her the time of day before. We did go in late Jan so it was pretty dead, and we did dinner in late August a few years ago and all of the characters except Cinderella came back twice.

FYI...I thought the Mad Hatter was hysterical but he scared the hell out of my kids. The CM that played him was, IMO, very spot on with his portrayal and once my kids got over their initial "oh my god this guy must be an escaped mental patient" they took pictures with him.
Had to LOL at this! My kids were fine with the Mad Hatter, but he absolutely scared the crap out of my DH when he came running in! Lunatic was what my husband said. Made it all that much funnier for the rest of us!

kaybird is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #18
MyMagicKingdom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybird View Post
Had to LOL at this! My kids were fine with the Mad Hatter, but he absolutely scared the crap out of my DH when he came running in! Lunatic was what my husband said. Made it all that much funnier for the rest of us!
LOL, that's great! He really does burst through the doors screaming It certainly makes the meal exciting!
*June 2009 (Honeymoon!!!) ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)/The Polynesian (Aotearoa)/Disney Wonder*
*August 2010 ~ Pop Century ..... First time celebrating my birthday in WDW and DS' first WDW trip!!!!!!*
*August 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge....My bday (again!) and DS' first trip to WDW!!! *
*January 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach*
*November 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach...surprise trip for the kids!!! First MVMCP!!!! *
MyMagicKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #19
MICKFan
MICKFan

Had both breakfast and dinner here. For me, breakfast was quieter.....At last trip in January I was seated next to a table with little 6 yr. old girls and their mothers celebrating a BD for dinner. It was definitely chaotic; but it was all good fun!! Enjoyed seeing their interaction with the characters!!
MICKFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: