Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
graybear
Earning My Ears

Anyone wanna critique my ADR's?

So I think planning out the dining part of our trip is the part that's stressing me out the most! Mostly because DH is perfectly content with me planning it all out and not having any input and I am super indecisive and just wanting to have the best trip possible.

It will be DH and I and our 3 kids (7, 5, and turning 3 while there) and this is our first family trip to WDW. We got free dining so we will have the regular DDP. Also, me and the 7 and 3 year old are gluten free so I tried to pick places that got decent regular and allergy reviews.

9/7 - check-in
9/8 - MK 6:30 Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner
9/9 - EP (DS birthday) 8:00 Akershus breakfast & 6:55 Garden Grill dinner
9/10 - AK 8:40 Tusker House breakfast
9/11 - MK 8:15 Ohana dinner
9/12 - HD 4:55 Mama Melrose Fantasmic pkg.
9/13 - check-out

I'm still not completely sold on WCC...I've seen so many conflicting reviews and not sure we'll want such a loud atmosphere on our first park day? Also, I've been trying to get earlier times for both Tusker and Ohana with no luck so far.

What do you think? Anything I should change?
Old 05-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Unless your standing at WL and are planning on leaving MK early missing fireworks etc.. I wouldn't do WCC.. I would try for something in the park or something on the monorail loop . Have a wonderful trip !!

keliblue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
graybear
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by keliblue View Post
Unless your standing at WL and are planning on leaving MK early missing fireworks etc.. I wouldn't do WCC.. I would try for something in the park or something on the monorail loop . Have a wonderful trip !!
We will have our car so I figured we'd just drive over and then back to MK....will that take too long? Maybe I will cancel that and try Crystal Palace?
Old 05-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #4
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybear View Post

We will have our car so I figured we'd just drive over and then back to MK....will that take too long? Maybe I will cancel that and try Crystal Palace?
A boat would be faster then driving but your still looking at not getting back to the park till 8:30 ish f your lucky. I'm sure others will come along but if it was my first night, I'd get something in the park or on the monorail loop at around 5 ish. There's nothing like walking back down Main Street when all the castle lights have come on...make a memory . Grand Floridian cafe, Ohana's or one of the character meals at GF or Contemporary.. I would try to make another early ressie then decide later

keliblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
graybear
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by keliblue View Post
A boat would be faster then driving but your still looking at not getting back to the park till 8:30 ish f your lucky. I'm sure others will come along but if it was my first night, I'd get something in the park or on the monorail loop at around 5 ish. There's nothing like walking back down Main Street when all the castle lights have come on...make a memory . Grand Floridian cafe, Ohana's or one of the character meals at GF or Contemporary.. I would try to make another early ressie then decide later
That sounds perfect! Especially since that was the one I wasn't completely sure about....I will definitely look for something else a bit earlier.

Thank you!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
troll buster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybear

Crystal palace or liberty tree tavern is also good.
troll buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
blairzo
Earning My Ears

Try Kona for supper on your MK night!

Nov. '12: POP April '13 POR Nov. '13 ASMo May '14 POP
blairzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #8
graybear
Earning My Ears

Ok, I went ahead and cancelled WCC and got a 4:35 Crystal Palace (only time available). I think it will be easier to just stay in the park that day and I keep reading about an amazing gluten free homemade brownie they have there...if they still have it when we're there, my kids will be in heaven! Ok, not gonna lie, I will be too!

Thanks guys!
Old 05-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #9
tluvstink
DIS Veteran

I think switching WCC for CP was a good call

Terri
tluvstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #10
KateDrake
DIS Veteran

We love Crystal Palace! For a buffet, it's very good, and there really is something for everyone. When we went with my little cousin, the chef came out and walked she and my aunt through the buffet pointing out what items were OK for her to eat. I was really impressed with all the items that were OK for her, there was such variety!

Also, your kids are the perfect ages for the characters, so I think they will have a blast. Love that you picked Akershus, the princesses there are awesome! They are really fun and love to take the time to talk if you have questions, etc., so brainstorm some fun questions for your kids to ask before you go!
KateDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #11
graybear
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluvstink View Post
I think switching WCC for CP was a good call

Terri
Thanks! I'm excited to try it!
Old 05-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #12
graybear
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateDrake View Post
We love Crystal Palace! For a buffet, it's very good, and there really is something for everyone. When we went with my little cousin, the chef came out and walked she and my aunt through the buffet pointing out what items were OK for her to eat. I was really impressed with all the items that were OK for her, there was such variety!

Also, your kids are the perfect ages for the characters, so I think they will have a blast. Love that you picked Akershus, the princesses there are awesome! They are really fun and love to take the time to talk if you have questions, etc., so brainstorm some fun questions for your kids to ask before you go!
It sounds like there really is a good amount of options for us there....I'm really looking forward to it. And yes, the kids will love the character there!

I can't wait for Akershus! My DD will flip! I will definitely think of some questions for them, they will have fun with that. Thanks for that suggestion!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: