Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
abbie13_15
Mouseketeer

Question Transportation to The Wave

Easy question! We will be at Magic Kingdom all day. We have dinner reservations at The Wave. What's the best way to get there? I know it's really close. Didn't know if walking was the best option or if the monorail stops there on the way out of the park. Thanks!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
kappyfamily
DIS Veteran

The walk is very easy. Took us about 6 or 7 minutes. If you are exhausted then the monorail will work too! Have fun. We liked The Wave alot.
Rock N Roll Portland- Done!: Seattle 1/2 - Done!: Rock N Roll Arizona - Done!: Heartbreaker 1/2 Portland - Done!: Lincoln City 1/2 - Done! Eugene 1/2 - Done! Vancouver USA 1/2- Done! Foot Traffic Flat 1/2 Oregon - Done! Oregon Wine Country 1/2 - Done! The Oregon 1/2 - Done! Portland 1/2 Marathon - Done! Rock N Roll Vegas - Done! Portland Holiday Half - Done!

Going for finishing 45 half marathons by 45!

--Dig Deep

Me , DH , DS19 , DD12
kappyfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #3
capegirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbie13_15 View Post
Easy question! We will be at Magic Kingdom all day. We have dinner reservations at The Wave. What's the best way to get there? I know it's really close. Didn't know if walking was the best option or if the monorail stops there on the way out of the park. Thanks!
You can walk, but taking the resort monorail is very easy, and quick. Besides, the monorail pulls up inside the Contemporary resort...really cool.
capegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #4
abbie13_15
Mouseketeer

If I remember right the loop will take us back to the ticket center and parking lot. Then we will stay on and head back to the park after it stops and get off at the hotel? Or am I totally wrong?
Old 05-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #5
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbie13_15 View Post
If I remember right the loop will take us back to the ticket center and parking lot. Then we will stay on and head back to the park after it stops and get off at the hotel? Or am I totally wrong?
You didn't say what hotel. But the loop is MK-Contemporary-TTC-Poly-Grand Floridian-MK.

Oh, now i see that you mean the Contemporary - I thought you meant after your meal. The CR is the stop after the MK, before the TTC.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:56 AM   #6
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

There are two loops. The Express Beam is TTC >> MK >> TTC. The Resort Beam is TTC >> Poly >> GF >> MK >> Contemporary >> TTC. But from the MK Gate the walking distance to the Contemporary is really not much longer than the walk to the Resort Beam (and it is flat and not uphill).

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:00 AM   #7
jlsmith376
Mouseketeer

Yes you can get back on the monorail after dinner and stay on it to go back to MK. It will first stop at the TTC, then Poly, then Grand Floridian and then MK.

BTW - When you leave MK for dinner at the Wave, make sure you get on the "Resort Monorail" line. The other line just takes you back to the TTC.

jlsmith376 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: