Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 08:02 AM   #1
Jenny3
DIS Veteran

Exclamation Today Show American Girl deal! $175 Bitty Baby set for $68!!

Hurry up!

Here is the link: http://hip2save.com/2013/05/29/steal...eep-discounts/

Code is JILLSPRING

Good luck!

Nov 2012 - IA & US Orlando, SW, DC
Dec 2011 - WDW, Boardwalk Villas
Feb 2004 - WDW, IOA, Fort Wilderness Cabins
April 2000 - DL & US Hollywood
Jenny3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
mickeymaker2003
DIS Veteran

Sold out :-(
mickeymaker2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
FourBees
Mouseketeer

I just got one at 12:30pm EST. They said they released more. Good luck. Great deal.
FourBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #4
Ginny Favers
I told my husband I think they must put crack in it

They sold out as I was ordering this morning but after I checked again, they were back in stock! I got the one I wanted for DD who is turning 4 next month. Perfect gift for her. Thanks so much for the info.
Ginny Favers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
jenbelles
Mouseketeer

Just tried and they are all sold out!
jenbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
BellePrincessBelle
Nothing says Thanksgiving like some road kill

I am soo mad!!! It jumped out of my cart as I was checking out.
BellePrincessBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
mommy22pumpkins
Mouseketeer

I know I am in the minority here. But since when is $66 a good price for a baby doll set I bought my dd a bathtime baby at Target on sale for $10- it came with the doll/outfit/pretend powder soap etc./and little blankie--And my daughter played more with that doll than she ever did with the AG doll-Kit- my MIL bought for her. That one sits in the toy bin- unplayed with!! Such a waste of money

Me 37 DH 38DS 9 DD 6

mommy22pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:34 PM   #8
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy22pumpkins View Post
I know I am in the minority here. But since when is $66 a good price for a baby doll set I bought my dd a bathtime baby at Target on sale for $10- it came with the doll/outfit/pretend powder soap etc./and little blankie--And my daughter played more with that doll than she ever did with the AG doll-Kit- my MIL bought for her. That one sits in the toy bin- unplayed with!! Such a waste of money
Yes, you are in the minority judging by how quickly the deal sold out.

I know in our family we have more than gotten our money's worth with the AG dolls in fact one cousin recently sold her collection and has almost enough money to fund her first year of college.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #9
mommy22pumpkins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
Yes, you are in the minority judging by how quickly the deal sold out.

I know in our family we have more than gotten our money's worth with the AG dolls in fact one cousin recently sold her collection and has almost enough money to fund her first year of college.
That's great. She's lucky. I just don't see how a doll could possibly be worth that much money. What is a years worth college tuition?-$100-$150K- I hope it was alot of dolls.

Me 37 DH 38DS 9 DD 6

Old 05-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #10
GigglyFigment
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yep. They retain their value very well and retired items often go for far more than their original price.

The other factor is that they have a repair factory/"doll hospital" so if a prized doll has an accident she can be returned as good as new. You can usually get replacement parts for bits and pieces that go missing.

For children that have shown interest in dolls, I think it's well worth the investment. Part of it is also knowing how your child plays with dolls as well. Some children want to act out their day with a doll, some want to just change outfits and pretend.
GigglyFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:52 PM   #11
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's great. She's lucky. I just don't see how a doll could possibly be worth that much money. What is a years worth college tuition?-$100-$150K- I hope it was alot of dolls.
Nope, not lucky. The value is there. These dolls and clothing and furniture have a huge resell market. The retired stuff sells well. Some dolls alone sell for over 300.00 each. And around Christmas prices can go crazy.

Last edited by livndisney; 05-31-2013 at 11:05 PM. Reason: sp
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #12
mommy22pumpkins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Nope, not lucky. The value is there. These dolls and clothing and furniture have a huge resell market. The retired stuff sells well. Some dolls alone sell for over 300.00 each. And around Christmas prices can go crazy.
I guess what to some people is a great value. To others seems like insanity. To each his own

Me 37 DH 38DS 9 DD 6

Old 06-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #13
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Annual college tuition and related expenses, is nowhere near that amount. Even at the most expensive college in the USA, Sarah Lawrence, the estimated cost of attendance for 2013-2014 is in the $60K range.

Everyone gets it...you don't feel that the American Girl dolls are worth their price tag. You're not going to convince their fans to jump ship. Just be glad that you're not competing with them for those coveted dolls and outfits at Christmas time.

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #14
DawnM
Dawn

Those are so cute!

I don't have any girls, but when the deal was on at Christmas I bought 3 American Girl dolls because that was all they would let me buy

I found homes for them before they even got to my house and the families were so glad I am a bargain hunter because they aren't as much so as I am.

Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #15
Mom_Rides
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My DD's bitty baby is the best investment I have EVER made in a toy. And I have 3 children. Not a day goes by my DD doesn't play with her doll. And the doll looks like she did on the day she got her. Sure I could have bought her $10 doll but I doubt it would have held up as long and as well as the bitty has. DD now has 2 American Girl dolls as well and while they aren't played with as much as her bitty, I would not hesitate to purchase additional dolls/accessories for her as the quality and value of the dolls is exceptional.

Our first trip! June 5-11, 2010 @ POR
A short trip just for our Princess! April 17-19, 2012 @ POP
Mom_Rides is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: