Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
princessap
DIS Veteran

Why is it so hard the second stay?

Our first time onsite we knew exactly where we wanted to stay and booked it...poly it was! so easy to decide!

our next trip is proving much more difficult...augh.

Well we would love to go back to the poly it is looking like construction will be happening when we go and we don't want to pay those prices to have construction happening

I have considered VGF, CR, and now AKV...augh

how do people decide on this??

For us...we will have three kids under 7, LOVE MK and plan to do two days there and MNSSHP and trying all the other parks this time for the first time (we have only done MK and AK before).

should we stick to the monorail resorts??
princessap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

Just based on the info that you gave- yes. It ultimately depends on what factors are most important to you and your family. Ease of getting to parks/convenience? Theming? Pricing?
I (my family) book based on convenience and location. We spend a lot of time at MK.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
princessap
DIS Veteran

That's my concern about trying somewhere off the monorail as we love MK too and want to try epcot next time too which makes monorail sound like the way to go...if only AKV was on the monorail, it looks amazing!

I am going to try to get a studio villa at GF but I think they will be hard to get!!

WL doesn't appeal to us at all which leaves the poly (which I hear will be under construction), GF or CR.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
That's my concern about trying somewhere off the monorail as we love MK too and want to try epcot next time too which makes monorail sound like the way to go...if only AKV was on the monorail, it looks amazing!

I am going to try to get a studio villa at GF but I think they will be hard to get!!

WL doesn't appeal to us at all which leaves the poly (which I hear will be under construction), GF or CR.
If MK will be the park you go to the majority of your trip, then I think a monorail resort is probably the way to go. But, with that said, we found the buses at AKL to be great. Granted, we don't have little ones, but we found the buses to be quick and efficient (but we also are never in a hurry to get anywhere, so that probably helps too ). I totally understand how hard it is to choose a resort as there are so many great choices. Good luck deciding, although I'm sure your trip will magical no matter which resort(s) you choose .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #5
DJFan88
DIS Veteran

Of the ones you mention, I would pick GF because of the things you want to do. If you can afford the luxury of the convenience then it's definetly a lot more convenient than AK. I've visited AK for meals and there is nothing there, in my opinion, that would outweigh the experience of convenience. CR is convenient too but, does nothing themewise for me. Many others disagree.
Look at the individual threads on the resorts to see what you like. If price is an issue AK will less than the other two, with GF the most expensive.
Everytime we go to Disney, we try to visit at 2 other resorts that are "in our minds" just so we have an idea for future visits. It has definetly eliminated some for us, and showed us which ones we want.

-----------------------------------------------------------
1997 - off property 1999 - Caribbean
2009 - Caribbean 2010 - Coronado
2012 - POR 2014 - POR/YC
DJFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Will you have a car? If not, did you look into renting a car? You can get some good deals (I think Mousesavers has a good article on it) and it will make getting to the other parks a bit easier if you are staying on the monorail, especially with three kids.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:27 AM   #7
oldbay
Mouseketeer

I'd pick Contemporary. It is great with kids and easy using the monorail.
oldbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #8
sandbmisnfla
Mouseketeer

I would also suggest a monorail resort if you like MK the most. The convenience alone is well worth it especially at the end of the night when your tired. We stay in the Epcot resorts and like being so close you can choose to walk or take the boat instead of the buses.
sandbmisnfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #9
GaBelle
DIS Veteran

We haven't stayed at CR, yet.
Of the ones you have listed, I would pick GF. It is amazing! Service there is top notch.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #10
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

We love BLT/CR. Just think how nice it would be after the Halloween party to either hop on the monorail, and be the first stop -or- just walk home if the line is long!

We stayed at Kidani last time, and drove to the parks. Much faster and comfortable than using the buses, only drawback is MK, where you have to park at the TTC and use boat/monorail to get there.

Honestly, you will be happy with any of those options!
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #11
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I've stayed at all of the deluxes and DVC resorts (except Poly, can't stand the theming) so that I would know which one I liked the best. There are just so many factors to take into consideration and your needs change as your children age.

With the age of your children, I would stay at CR. I love GF but only staying RPC in the main building. I do not think the outer buildings are that convenient to catch the monorail, especially at the price charged for those outer rooms. And as I had posted in your earlier thread, I do not find staying in a DVC studio with that many people to be a relaxing experience.

If you take location out of the equation, AKL is my favorite resort. While I personally think that the Disney bus transportation is very good at AKL, I wouldn't want to do it if I was coming back for rest periods. However, the resort itself (both AKL and AKV) are fantastic. I think they have the best combination of dining options and the pools are wonderful (and you have access to both pools while staying there).
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:26 AM   #12
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Either GF or CR would be great. If you are thinking of studio, I heard BLT studios are small. I don't think you'd want it with 3 kids.

CR has the largest rooms, I haven't stayed here yet but I think it has the advantage for you, with everything under 1 roof, and walking path to MK. No long waits getting to MK or returning. You'd only have to use monorail to Epcot.
You also have an advantage of being able to walk to thr MK bus loop for any non MK resort ADR.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #13
princessap
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Sue M;48991529
You also have an advantage of being able to walk to thr MK bus loop for any non MK resort ADR.[/QUOTE]

What does this mean??

We are thinking of a studio at the new VGF....they are bigger and can fit five but I am doubtful we will get one as they are going to be popular....the girls would love it I think!!

Then we will move to CR or AKV at this point...augh decisions....the one thing making me lean towards CR is not renting points, I am nervous that I will change my dates or something and be stuck with those dates.

Last edited by princessap; 07-17-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: add
Old 07-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #14
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessap View Post
What does this mean??

We are thinking of a studio at the new VGF....they are bigger and can fit five but I am doubtful we will get one as they are going to be popular....the girls would love it I think!!

Then we will move to CR or AKV at this point...augh decisions....the one thing making me lean towards CR is not renting points, I am nervous that I will change my dates or something and be stuck with those dates.
You can walk from CR/BLT to MK and catch a bus to any Disney resort (for dinners, activities, etc.)
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #15
princessap
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
You can walk from CR/BLT to MK and catch a bus to any Disney resort (for dinners, activities, etc.)
That might have sealed the deal for me to pick CR as I never thought of that and we want to do dinners at AKL and Boardwalk, so that is a definite plus for the CR!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: