Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #31
Melcatfish
In full planning mode!
Just one more victim of a drive-by tag attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by amystevekai&bump View Post
Loving your report so far Mel

Really excited to see that you were in 'our' stateroom-We will be there in a couple of weeks time!!
Well say hi to Roy the lovely room host for us then! We absolutely loved the sideways inside room layout, it felt way more spacious than other insides we had and it does have the steamer trunk so no worries re storage

Mel
x
Melcatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #32
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

hello Melcatfish

I remember you all and the girls grown up since I last saw them at Dover to Barcelona 2010.

And we had been Med cruise with Disney cruise last 2007 and we had a fab times.

However, we had been sailing with Splendour of the Seas last month from Venice around Greece, Turkey then Venice also we were with Passage Deaf Group and it was fab times. We missed Disney cruise and my husband booked Disney cruise for us next year Sept

I enjoyed read your trip report and like all your photos are fab.

PS I still have your fish extenders by 2010 and I keep it.

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #33
amystevekai&bump
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcatfish View Post
Well say hi to Roy the lovely room host for us then! We absolutely loved the sideways inside room layout, it felt way more spacious than other insides we had and it does have the steamer trunk so no worries re storage

Mel
x
Yes will certainly say hi -hope we get him, he sounds great. We love the sideways rooms on deck 5 - feels like we have our own exclusive floor and so close to everything!

NEXT TRIPS: August 2015 - Aulani and Disneyland / Aug 2016 - Portofino/BLT/Jambo

Between Oct 1979 & Dec 2013 - approx 27 trips (including Bay Lake Towers, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo & Kidani, Beach club villas, Grand Floridian Villas, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach Resort, Coronado Springs, All Stars Sports, off site hotels (inc Royal Pacific, Portofino, Hard Rock hotel!!) and villas)

PLUS - Disney Cruises x 6, Disney's Vero Beach resort, DLP x 10 visits & Disneyland California x 1 visit - And our 1998 Disney Wedding at the Wedding Pavillion!!
amystevekai&bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #34
UKSwans
Earning My Ears

Loving reading your trip report! We saw your family lots of times on the ship and we even shared an elevator once but I chickened out of saying hi!! We're still on holiday - at my parents house in Spain for another 3 days but missing the Magic already!
UKSwans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #35
Melcatfish
In full planning mode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
hello Melcatfish

I remember you all and the girls grown up since I last saw them at Dover to Barcelona 2010.

And we had been Med cruise with Disney cruise last 2007 and we had a fab times.

However, we had been sailing with Splendour of the Seas last month from Venice around Greece, Turkey then Venice also we were with Passage Deaf Group and it was fab times. We missed Disney cruise and my husband booked Disney cruise for us next year Sept

I enjoyed read your trip report and like all your photos are fab.

PS I still have your fish extenders by 2010 and I keep it.

Scottishwee35
Hi, I remember you from our 2010 cruise, glad you had a lovely time on your cruise this summer but even more glad you had a Disney cruise to look forward to next year. I am very jealous, we are taking a year off as we need to replace at least one of the cars and other boring non holiday expenses are looming

Quote:
Originally Posted by amystevekai&bump View Post
Yes will certainly say hi -hope we get him, he sounds great. We love the sideways rooms on deck 5 - feels like we have our own exclusive floor and so close to everything!
Deck 5 is the best! By far my favourite, fewer staterooms and so convenient for everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKSwans View Post
Loving reading your trip report! We saw your family lots of times on the ship and we even shared an elevator once but I chickened out of saying hi!! We're still on holiday - at my parents house in Spain for another 3 days but missing the Magic already!
Ohhhh I wish you had said hi, I totally missed the meet, we were in the pool and I realised too late that I had missed it! I did bump into a couple of people from the meet thread during the cruise but not many

Enjoy the last few days of your trip. We are really missing the Magic too and all the lovely cast members.

Mel
x
Old 09-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #36
Melcatfish
In full planning mode!

Sea Day & First Venice Day added
Old 09-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #37
ukintheus
DIS Veteran

Great update. Too bad the girls weren't quite as enthused with Day 1 in Venice, but it looks wonderful.

Jenny & Scott
2000-POFQ, 2005-FW, 2006-FW, 2008-FW, Feb 2009-CBR/POFQ, Sept 2009-ASM,2010 BWI/WL/AKL/DCL Magic Western, July 2011 BWI/DCL Dream, Nov 2011 FW/AKL, May 2012 GF/DCL Fantasy-Eastern/BWI, Oct 2012 DCL Magic-Western, Feb 2013 DCL Magic-Cozumel, Apr 2013 DCL Magic-CC/WDW/KW, Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder-Bahamas, Dec 2013 - DCL Wonder-NYE-Cozumel, March 2014 - DCL Magic-4 night, Patiently waiting for: Nov 2014-Dream, Nov 2015- DCL Wonder B2B-Western & Bahamas-Galveston, DCL Wonder 2015 NYE Cruise-Bahamas-Galveston
ukintheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #38
gatorfreud
DIS Veteran

Love!!! Thanks for the report! Good tips for us for next summer, even though we are only doing 7 nights.

Kim
3/07 - All Star Sports
7/07 - Disney's Vero Beach
11/07 - MVMCP, POR and Coronado Springs
1/08 - Disneyland
3/08 - Camping at Fort Wilderness
6/08 - Saratoga Springs and SWW!
10/08- DLR, GCH no kids!
11/08 - DLR, DLH Thanksgiving
4/09- Off site
6/09 - CBR and Poly
9/09- DLR, DLH
gatorfreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #39
nixieh
Here in rainy London wishing we were in sunny Florida

Loving your trip report! We were on the Fantasy this summer but can't afford the huge cost of flights to Florida next summer so planning on a 7 day Med cruise on the Wonder and your report is getting me really excited so thanks for taking the trouble to post it.

Nicola

Ps I too am a teacher married to a rock fan though I have 3 daughters x

Aug 2014 7 night Med Cruise and pre cruise stay in Barcelona

Aug 2013 5 nights Beach Club, 7 nights in a villa and 7 nights on the Fantasy

Aug 2011, 5 nights POLY with free dining, 2 nights HRH, 6 nights in a villa, 2 nights at the beach in Treasure Island and 4 nights at the BC - staying CL for the first time!!!

December 2009, 3 nights Wilderness Lodge, 7 nights Villa, 4 nights YC

August 2008, 4 nights at the Poly, 8 nights at POR, 2 nights PBR and 4 nights at the Beach Club

August 2007, 3 nights POP, 11 Nights POR with free dining 3 nights DCL, 4 nights at BC

April 2006 Poly, AKL DCL

nixieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #40
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Love this report. Your girls are adorable!

Jill in CO
Old 10-08-2013, 09:35 PM   #41
Tianni
Tianni Rowley,

Following along as we will be on the first Magic sailing in May!!!

Tianni

Disney Dream 2012, Disney Fantasy 2013, counting the days until The Disney Magic in 2014!

Have you ever Wondered where you could
have you every Dream come true?
The most incredible Fantasy become reality?
A Magical adventure that only Disney can give you.

I canNOT wait!!
Tianni is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: