Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #31
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemys View Post
I removed the first two photos. I put dates on them showing they are recent. I changed princess to Artsy. I did have free thinker, but not sure what that can relay. I will find another one of me out and about in color or with my colts jersey. Even though i am on this site looking for someone , Should I mention that as part of my goal?

How about this?

I am a devoted Mom to my two wonderful kids who are 5 and 14. I have a great job that I love. I enjoy movies, bowling, putt putting, sewing, just to name a few things. I go to the Colt's games often and tailgating is a total blast! We also head to a Pacers game every now and then. My goals are to be a great parent and to continue to advance my certifications in my career. I'm not a super adventurer on my own but I am willing to try new things. I love DIY projects. My father is a carpenter and has passed that gene to me.

I am looking for that someone special who can respect me and treat my family right. I chose Artsy as my personality but I don't like to paint myself into a corner on only one type of personality.
Quote:
I love DIY projects. My father is a carpenter and has passed that gene to me.
This thought is good, but it is out of place where it is. Give it higher priority, guys would probably like that about you. Same with "tailgaiting at football games" as a like.

Quote:
I chose Artsy as my personality but I don't like to paint myself into a corner on only one type of personality.
Give this a little more thought, I think you can do better.

Quote:
I am looking for that someone special who can respect me and treat my family right.
Anything else? What about someone to share those special moments with?

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:08 PM   #32
Shutterbug
Baba Ganoush is my hero
No parking baby, No parking on the dance floor

Quote:
How about this?
I am a devoted Mom to my two wonderful kids who are 5 and 14.
I'm a guy. To me this equals "I spend alot of my time with my kids and dont really have much time to date." To me this sounds like getting to have any time alone and getting to know you would be hard.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #33
sookie
DIS Veteran

Here would be my edited profile. Maybe it will give you a start. Hope it helps.

HI! I'm A 46-year-old from Fishers, IN. I'm looking for that someone special. I decided to choose "artsy" as my personality, but I don't like to paint myself into a corner on my profile personality.

I have a great job that I love Question: in what??. I enjoy movies, bowling, putt putt golf, and sewing, as well as lots of other activities. I go to the Colt's games often and tailgating is a total blast! I also enjoy going Pacers games every now and then. My current goal is to continue to advance my current work certifications. I'm not a super adventurer on my own, but I am willing to try new things. I love DIY projects. My father is a carpenter and has passed that gene to me. I am a devoted mom to my two wonderful kids who are 5 and 14, so they keep me busy and constantly trying new things. Question: would this be true? mine do!.

I would re-work the first date sentence.
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:22 PM   #34
ceemys
DIS Veteran

Here is a new one...

I am a great friend, shy at first but open up when comfortable. I have a great job that I love. I enjoy movies, bowling, putt putting, sewing, just to name a few things. I love DIY projects. I go to the Colt's games often and tailgating is a blast! We also head to a Pacers game every now and then. My goals are to be a great parent and to continue to advance my certifications in my career. I'm not a super adventurer on my own but I am willing to try new things. I am a devoted Mom to my two wonderful kids who are 5 and 14.

I am looking for that someone special who can respect me and treat my family right, someone who I can share special moments with, hold hands while walking, someone who is looking for the same.

ceemys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #35
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

I like the first edited version much better than this last one...
There is NOTHING wrong with the fact that you are a parent.
I would not place gratuitous labels on myself - saying "I am a good friend".

This last version is beginning to sound 'stiff' again.

In my one last post, I suggested a version of the "respect my and my family... One that is MUCH more positive and inclusive of 'WE"... what 'we' can bring to each other's lives....

Not one that kind of demands 'you better treat us right'....
(even though, of course, that is your biggest unspoken requirement! )
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #36
ceemys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookie View Post
Here would be my edited profile. Maybe it will give you a start. Hope it helps.

HI! I'm A 46-year-old from Fishers, IN. I'm looking for that someone special. I decided to choose "artsy" as my personality, but I don't like to paint myself into a corner on my profile personality.

I have a great job that I love Question: in what??. I enjoy movies, bowling, putt putt golf, and sewing, as well as lots of other activities. I go to the Colt's games often and tailgating is a total blast! I also enjoy going Pacers games every now and then. My current goal is to continue to advance my current work certifications. I'm not a super adventurer on my own, but I am willing to try new things. I love DIY projects. My father is a carpenter and has passed that gene to me. I am a devoted mom to my two wonderful kids who are 5 and 14, so they keep me busy and constantly trying new things. Question: would this be true? mine do!.

I would re-work the first date sentence.
I like that opener. I was struggling with what to,say!

Old 05-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #37
sookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
This thought is good, but it is out of place where it is. Give it higher priority, guys would probably like that about you. Same with "tailgaiting at football games" as a like.

Give this a little more thought, I think you can do better.

Anything else? What about someone to share those special moments with?
I would leave out "respect me" and "treat me right" because it comes off as defensive.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #38
sookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I like that opener. I was struggling with what to,say!
That's good. Let's work on the first date sentence. Was this something more of what you were trying to say?

"My type of first date would be something low pressure: coffee, a quick lunch, or a fun activity that both parties would enjoy. Putt putt golf or bowling would be a great start. "

Also - are you only looking for long term relationships? If this is your first start at dating, I would check mark that you are willing to look for activity partners, dates, friends, short term relationships as well as long term relationships. The fact that you have only long term relationships check marked might be scary to some people too.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #39
ceemys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would leave out "respect me" and "treat me right" because it comes off as defensive.
I guess I am defensive on that part. I've been treated like crap many times. I don't know why.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #40
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
Yeah. And as pp's said upthread, that would be something to get into more later.

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Old 05-27-2013, 11:35 PM   #41
beaucoup
DIS Veteran

I agree about the pics, but you already took them out. The profile talks a lot of Mom stuff & activities one does when old & been married for a long time. I know that is a big part of you, but guys are looking for a date, someone fun. Not sure mom, sewing & church screams fun to a guy. Gotta think like a guy.

Can you cook? Guys love to eat. What's your best recipe?
Do you come with your own power tools?

No guys at church? Any big churches with activities in your area?
beaucoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #42
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Quote:
I guess I am defensive on that part. I've been treated like crap many times. I don't know why.
I figured that if you added it in. So Sookie's right. It's not something you have to wear on your sleeve right away. I think of it as a given anyway.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #43
ceemys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's good. Let's work on the first date sentence. Was this something more of what you were trying to say?

"My type of first date would be something low pressure: coffee, a quick lunch, or a fun activity that both parties would enjoy. Putt putt golf or bowling would be a great start. "

Also - are you only looking for long term relationships? If this is your first start at dating, I would check mark that you are willing to look for activity partners, dates, friends, short term relationships as well as long term relationships. The fact that you have only long term relationships check marked might be scary to some people too.
That first date sentence is good! Exactly what I was trying to get across.

I can only check one type.

Hang out
Long term
Dating
Friends
Intimate encounter

Old 05-27-2013, 11:40 PM   #44
ceemys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pea-n-Me View Post
I figured that if you added it in. So Sookie's right. It's not something you have to wear on your sleeve right away. I think of it as a given anyway.
I can remove it.

I am looking for that someone special who I can share special moments with, someone to hold hands, someone who can cuddle on those cold Indiana nights, someone who is looking for the same.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #45
sookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Totally OK, you don't have to apologize. But you can screen your applicants and see how people are as you date them. That's part of dating when you get older. Your in control. You won't let them do that! And you will set your boundaries out early. But you don't need to put it on your profile... you will set them out in person.

You will talk to these people on multiple occasions before you actually decide to meet them. You won't even want to pull that out then. This is something to bring out after several dates. You can always cut off any date that isn't meeting your criteria at any point. Your always in control. So no need to put it on there - because if someone disrespects you or your family, or doesn't treat you right at any point in the dating process - your booting them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: