Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
familyatdisney
Mouseketeer

14 year old using sister's kid table credit

Quick background we will have 2 adults, 1 - 14 year old adult, and one 9 year old kid. The 14 year old will probably order from the kids menu and adult menu depending on the restaurant. 9 year old will order from kids menu or sometimes order nothing.

If the 14 and 9 year old both order kids meal at a table service, what credits will be charged to the DDP? Can we use 2 kids credits for them instead of 1 kid and 1 adult.

Another question, if the 14 year old orders a kids table meal and the 9 orders nothing (very picky eater), can we use a kids credit for the 14 year old?
familyatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

The 14 year old will have to use an adult credit no matter what she orders.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyatdisney View Post

If the 14 and 9 year old both order kids meal at a table service, what credits will be charged to the DDP? Can we use 2 kids credits for them instead of 1 kid and 1 adult.
Your KTTW cards will indicate 3 Adults/1 Child so the maximum number of childrens' meals that can be ordered at any time is 1. If both kids order from the children's menu, you will have to pay for one of the meals OOP. Or you can ask if they will upsize one of the meals and use the 14 year old's adult credit to pay for that meal. You can also ask that items on the adult menu be served plain or with a different side if there is something the 14 year old likes.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

If your 9 yr old does not order anything, then, YES, the 14yr old can order a kid's meal and YES you can use the kid's credit to pay for that one. With this scenario in mind, you would then have an extra ADULT TS credit to use elsewhere.

They don't care who in YOUR party eats what since all of you are on the DDP. You just can't order more of any one credit at one time than you have on your card. You can, however, order LESS.
sharonabe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:34 AM   #5
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
If your 9 yr old does not order anything, then, YES, the 14yr old can order a kid's meal and YES you can use the kid's credit to pay for that one. With this scenario in mind, you would then have an extra ADULT TS credit to use elsewhere.

They don't care who in YOUR party eats what since all of you are on the DDP. You just can't order more of any one credit at one time than you have on your card. You can, however, order LESS.
They have allowed an adult by dining plan standards to use a child's credit? I haven't heard of that before. I have heard of getting a child's meal but still using their adult credit.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:53 AM   #6
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
They have allowed an adult by dining plan standards to use a child's credit? I haven't heard of that before. I have heard of getting a child's meal but still using their adult credit.
My scenario has the 13 yr old not using a credit at all. Since the 9 yr old isn't ordering anything, they can use that child's credit to get a child's meal for the older child. As long as they are all on the DDP, Disney doesn't care who eats what. The credits are allocated to the family, not to individuals.

I've never tried to use an adult credit to get a child's meal as that would be a waste of money I've already spent, but I think they will let you and many of the TS places will give you an adult portion of a child's meal if you ask.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #7
familyatdisney
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quick responses. I guess I need to figure out if paying OOP for some kids meal for the 14 year old would benefit us by trying to add another table service or character meal during the week. Would need this to occur at least 3 times to add another table service meal to cover the 3 adults during the week. Looks like some more planning. No problem with that!

We have free dining in November so I'd rather use the DDP for a kids meal for the 14 year old if I am not going to be able to use all my table credits. Don't want to put out money that is not required.

I don't think I would ever pay for the DDP. I seem to be scheduling my week around table services and possibly trying to squeeze in another table service in to get the best usage out of the free DDP. A table service a day is a lot. I even have the Hoop-de-doo at 2 credits one day.
familyatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonabe View Post
My scenario has the 13 yr old not using a credit at all. Since the 9 yr old isn't ordering anything, they can use that child's credit to get a child's meal for the older child. As long as they are all on the DDP, Disney doesn't care who eats what. The credits are allocated to the family, not to individuals.

I've never tried to use an adult credit to get a child's meal as that would be a waste of money I've already spent, but I think they will let you and many of the TS places will give you an adult portion of a child's meal if you ask.
Right-I understand the scenario. I have not heard of an adult on the dining plan being able to use a child's credit.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #9
SoonerSean
Mouseketeer

We've had a teenage child use their adult DP to obtain a child's meal or an adult version of a child's meal (like a large serving of mac & cheese). Haven't tried it too many places as we typically go with buffet meals -- but the times we've requested it they've been very accomodating.

You do end up over-paying, but that's only if you think about it. I mean if I pay say $40 for her to eat a steak or $40 for her to eat mac & cheese... she still ate and enjoyed it. Unless I can horde the meals and eat multiples myself (which I can't)... it's really no big deal.

What would be nice is the ability to pay for a teen to have a child's meal plan or even let an adult pay for one. So long as they order off the child menu it wouldn't hurt Disney other than the lost income based on the price differential and prep cost of the adult meals. My teen has always enjoyed the child's offerings at the Quick/Counter Service locations. She was quite disappointed the first time when she didn't have those options (I ended up just buying her meal and using the saved adult meal later for a snack).
SoonerSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #10
Disneyof3
Mother of my 3 angels, heaven blessed me!!!!!
So it was me who had to take the plunge

They don't care who eats the kids meal as long as one is ordered. My situation is we have 4 adults and 1 kid(12yrs). My dd who is 14 eats less then the 12 year old, so good chance that the 14 will eat the kids meal and my youngest will eat the adults meal.
WDW12/13
Disneyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #11
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyof3 View Post

They don't care who eats the kids meal as long as one is ordered. My situation is we have 4 adults and 1 kid(12yrs). My dd who is 14 eats less then the 12 year old, so good chance that the 14 will eat the kids meal and my youngest will eat the adults meal.
Sorry to tell you this, but your 12 yr old is not a kid by Disney standards. They will be charged the adult price for tickets and dining plans.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: