Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2013, 10:25 PM   #106
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralyn817 View Post
The little girl following Seth around is too cute. Bayleigh would probably do the same thing and try and kiss him. She's in the phase where she wants to kiss ALL the little boys. Daddy doesn't like it so much. I started a Trip Report from our Memorial Day trip. Stop by when you can.
That's so cute! I will definitely stop by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I haven't been on the boards much either over the last year. You recommended that condo to us last year and we loved it. And get this, we just got back from it last week. We checked in on June 1st. So funny that we were there right after you. I agree about the condo and owners. Great place and great people. I highly recommend staying there if you need more room. Looking forward to reading more. Now I need to go let MeMom know I am still alive and get caught up with her.
That is so funny! I bet there was probably only one family there between you and I. We checked out on May 24th. We will likely stay there again when we need to. I do want to stay on Disney property again next trip, but it's so nice to have this option! Thanks for joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Finally here - Good thing you posted the link on MeMom's TR.

Calling everyone Daisy is too funny.
Loving your EPCOT day so far.
I figured posting over there would get some of my disfriends I've lost touch with over here! Glad you're here....hope you're doing well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Daisy!

Seth is such a cutie...reminds me of my nephew at that age...he turned 6 today and I kinda miss the 2.5 yo version.

Jill in CO
Thanks! He keeps us entertained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
I am here to join in the fun. Need to get caught up!
Yay! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3myfamily View Post
Yeah! You are back with another trip report! I loved the previous ones. I can't believe how big Seth is getting! I started reading along, but got busy with DD graduating HS and life, so now I'm going back to catch up.
Aww...you're sweet! Thanks so much for joining in!
punkin413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #107
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
I figured posting over there would get some of my disfriends I've lost touch with over here! Glad you're here....hope you're doing well!
Everything good here but soooo busy- not liking this doing work at my desk all the time thing...
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 06-22-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #108
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm way behind, sorry...but can you tell me about this stroller? Does the front part come with it or is it something you can buy separate and add on? I got an umbrella stroller for AJ but am looking for something more but not as much as our travel system jogging stroller. TIA.

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
ArielSRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #109
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Finally all caught up! Loving the report so far. It just really makes me want to take AJ next summer and hopefully we will be able to, but who knows what could happen between now and then. Btw, I totally should've had you put a coin in the fountain for me since we are currently trying for baby #2! Why didn't I think of that?? Also, I've mentioned this before, but AJ is not a great eater either. Sometimes he eats, sometimes not...but I always have to distract him. He was born at 7 lbs 1oz and he's still small....25th percentile. It's always a struggle with him.

Anyway, looking forward to more!

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
Old 06-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #110
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Glad you convinced your mom to try Soarin'. Hope she decided she liked it...at least after the fact.

Seth's little girlfriend is too cute. He is a heartbreaker already!

Hope the rain didn't cramp your style too much!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #111
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Loving the updates!!

Wow..that lady in the short shorts..just...WOW..that's all I can say.

Your mom looked like a natural sitting in the golf cart.

The Peach Snap in China is my favorite also!! Just LOVE it. It is filling though. I cannot have one if it is close to meal time because it really fills me up.

Glad your mom did Soarin. Too funny about the water though. At least she did it.

The little girl flirting with Seth..so cute!!
disneyfan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #112
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Everything good here but soooo busy- not liking this doing work at my desk all the time thing...
I hear ya!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
I'm way behind, sorry...but can you tell me about this stroller? Does the front part come with it or is it something you can buy separate and add on? I got an umbrella stroller for AJ but am looking for something more but not as much as our travel system jogging stroller. TIA.
The bar came with it but the little cup/snack holder I bought on amazon. I love the stroller. It folds up so easily and there's a carrying strap that makes it easy to carry around, and it's very lightweight. I do prefer my jogging stroller b/c it steers better, but it's bulky and this was great for this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
Finally all caught up! Loving the report so far. It just really makes me want to take AJ next summer and hopefully we will be able to, but who knows what could happen between now and then. Btw, I totally should've had you put a coin in the fountain for me since we are currently trying for baby #2! Why didn't I think of that?? Also, I've mentioned this before, but AJ is not a great eater either. Sometimes he eats, sometimes not...but I always have to distract him. He was born at 7 lbs 1oz and he's still small....25th percentile. It's always a struggle with him.

Anyway, looking forward to more!
We are trying to figure out our next trip now. I want to go back soon b/c he's OBSESSED with the Castle but we have to be smart financially about it. Trying to get out of debt stinks!

I totally would've put a coin in the fountain. And we visited THE fountain the next day, the one at Wilderness Lodge that is the magic baby fountain. Although I don't know if it works for anyone other than Memom.

Seth was 6 lbs 1 oz when he was born....teeny tiny! But he soon chunked up. He's thinned out now b/c he's so active, but he's still tall for his age. And I count my blessings b/c I don't know how with what he eats! I'm sure A.J. will be a big boy soon. And if he's a small guy for his age, no big deal -as long as he's healthy and happy. And he's such a cutie it won't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Glad you convinced your mom to try Soarin'. Hope she decided she liked it...at least after the fact.

Seth's little girlfriend is too cute. He is a heartbreaker already!

Hope the rain didn't cramp your style too much!
My stepdad couldn't believe she rode it. I'm so in for it with Seth and the girls. I'm not looking forward to it! Nah, rain don't bother me. Throw on a poncho and keep moving forward! Although it is a headache when you're dealing with a stroller. Luckily we didn't have to get out the stroller cover. Those thing are a pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Loving the updates!!

Wow..that lady in the short shorts..just...WOW..that's all I can say.

Your mom looked like a natural sitting in the golf cart.

The Peach Snap in China is my favorite also!! Just LOVE it. It is filling though. I cannot have one if it is close to meal time because it really fills me up.

Glad your mom did Soarin. Too funny about the water though. At least she did it.

The little girl flirting with Seth..so cute!!
I think that's all anyone could say about that lady!

Mom LOVED that golf cart!

Maybe that's why I never did want supper that night....the Peach Snap was all I needed!

I'm glad Mom did it, too. I think she would have regretted it if she didn't.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #113
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Let's go riding on a monorail, shall we???

Seth kept saying, "Train? Train" while we were waiting. He was so excited to ride it!

Checking out the scenery.....

We had the orange monorail and for some odd reason it STUNK. Bad. This happened to me in 2007 too. I have no idea if it was the same one but even if it was, you'd think the smell would have subsided by now! I kept checking Seth's diaper but he was fine. It was so gross!

We had an Ohana reservation the next night and I had planned on taking Mom to see the Grand Floridian then, but we decided to just go ahead and do it that day since we were so close. So we hopped off the EPCOT monorail, and hopped on the resort monorail. Seth, for some reason, wanted to get off at the next stop, which was the Poly. I told him we were going to keep riding and he got upset. Then he calmed down, then got upset again when we got off at the Grand Floridian. I honestly think he just wanted to get off and right back on at each stop!

Once we got inside Mom was very impressed, kept talking about how pretty it was. Seth liked it too.

The light fixture everyone wants.....

The band was playing. I think I've seen them before but usually when I've been here it's just been one piano player in the lobby....

At one point Mom was across the lobby and I walked behind where the band is set up to get to her, and the guy playing the bass leaned over and said hello to me.

Strolling....

We basically just walked around the lobby, upstairs and down. We also made a point to use the "fancy" bathrooms before we left.

After about half an hour we hopped back on the monorail. I had to explain to Seth again (and again) that we weren't getting off at the MK and the Contemporary. He was being so silly about it! I guess that's a 2-year-old for you.

Mom snapped this as we were waiting for a monorail to EPCOT at the TTC.

Train???

Oh, almost forgot about this. You guys will get a kick out of this conversation. Terrie calls me while we're at the TTC waiting on the monorail. I answer my phone and this happens:

Terrie: Where are you guys?

Me: We are riding the monorail but will be back to EPCOT soon. What are you guys doing?

T: We just finished walking around World Showcase and we're sort of in between Mexico and Canada, like where you go into Future World. Just checking in with you.

Me: Well, when we get back are you guys ready to head out?

T: Sure.

Me: Okay, just meet us in front of Spaceship Earth.

T: What's that?

Me: The big ball.

T: What big ball?

Me: You know, the big golf-ball-looking thing.

T: I haven't seen that. We've been trying to figure out where Spaceship Earth is all day.

Me: Okay. I want you to stop what you're doing, turn around in a circle, and I promise you will see it.

Seriously? How could that even happen????

(Continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=114)
Old 06-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #114
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Once again, the monorail from the TTC to EPCOT stunk. And we were in a different car. That is so WEIRD.

During the ride to EPCOT, Seth was sitting between Mom and I, and I felt his head slowly drift downward. He was kind of leaning on me, so I couldn't move and asked Mom to see if he was asleep. She peeped down at him and he was. Poor little guy! Long day at EPCOT had done him in! He usually naps around 1:00 every day, and by then it was around 4:30. So he was ready for that nap! But our plan that day was to go until late afternoon and then return to the condo. I didn't care about seeing Illuminations (Wishes and Fantasmic! were more important to me) and Terrie and Joshua were returning to EPCOT on Thursday, so we were going to get back early tonight so we could get up early in the morning and head to MK. Anyway, I got him up in my lap during the ride and then somehow got him in his stroller once we got off the monorail. He was OUT! There is no tired like Disney tired.

Terrie called me as we were entering the park and told us they were at Club Cool, so I told her just to wait there (since Spaceship Earth is so hard to find ). So we got to go in there and try some of the samples. They had already tried the Beverly, and Mom heard about it, so no funny Beverly pictures this time.

We started heading towards the International Gateway after that. We passed the Oz play area again and I was sad that Seth didn't get to play, but he was zonked out and no way I was waking him up!

I remembered when we got back to World Showcase that I wanted a Dole Whip with Siesta Key Spiced Rum, so we stopped by the Pineapple Promenade kiosk. Terrie and I got one of these yummy treats and she got Joshua one without the rum.

It was SUPER good!

We saw some Peter Pan topiaries in the UK that I had missed this morning and thought were cute....

I love how they have Peter on the roof!

Then we saw this lovely lady. Apparently Seth wasn't the only tired little one that day!

Seth woke up just as we got back to the Beach Club, and we got back to the car and headed out with no problems. I think we swung by Mickey D's drive thru on the way home for dinner, but hit the hay early that night.

We had a great day at EPCOT, minus my blisters and a little rain. I was happy that Mom got to ride Soarin' and that Seth seemed to have a good time. I couldn't wait to get him to MK the next day though!

Next time....isn't it ironic when you FORGET your memory card???
Old 06-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #115
VandyFan10
GoDoReS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post

I love how they have Peter on the roof!

Love this!

Still not sure how I missed this other than having to chase an almost 3 year old around Capt. Hook and running to the bathroom right there...Crazy!!
May, Oct 2011 - Off Property
May, Sept, Dec 2012 - Off Property
Jan 2013 - Polynesian!
March, Sept, Dec 2013 - Off Property
Jan 2014 - Animal Kingdom Villas
**I really think I'm missing one or two

The Vandy Girls are BACK!!
MY FIRST TR!!!!! Our Christmas Trip in PICTURES!!!! ~~Oh...and I'm obsessed with the Castle~~
VandyFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:28 AM   #116
AussieAngel
DIS Veteran

Dawn! Lovely to see you back here with a new trip report!

Your little Seth is so cute and grown up! I just went back to re-read your previous trip report from when he was a baby, because DH and I are heading back to WDW in October with our little bubba, who will be 7 months old when we're there. Big trip from Australia... What are we getting ourselves in for!?

Sounds like this trip has been a great one so far! Aside from the stinky monorail of course. Can't wait to read more!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 2006 trip report - Two Aussie First-Timers in Disney!
My 2009 dining report - Our delicious Disney deluxe dining adventures!
My 2009 trip report - Laughter, Tears & Screams - Two Aussies in Disney World!
AussieAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:44 AM   #117
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed a quick trip to GF and then through Epcot this morning before I run off to cook breakfast at camp.

Glad Terrie finally found 'the ball'.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #118
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

How funny Seth was so excited about the monorail! What cute little sleepy pics! Now that Dole Whip sounds like one I'll have to try.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #119
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #120
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAngel View Post
Dawn! Lovely to see you back here with a new trip report!

Your little Seth is so cute and grown up! I just went back to re-read your previous trip report from when he was a baby, because DH and I are heading back to WDW in October with our little bubba, who will be 7 months old when we're there. Big trip from Australia... What are we getting ourselves in for!?

Sounds like this trip has been a great one so far! Aside from the stinky monorail of course. Can't wait to read more!
Not to hijack your report, Dawn, but wanted to offer advice. I took my son at 9 months. He slept a lot...lol. Especially when we got on rides! We took our jogging stroller (we drove from Atlanta) and that was awesome for maneuvering. We took daily breaks most days. We didn't make any ADRs except for a character breakfast (we didn't want to have to follow a schedule, we wanted to go with the flow) and my son loved it. We went to Crystal Palace with Pooh. We used the baby care centers as much as conveniently possible. Also, our touring was very laid back for a few reasons...we go every few years so no need to make sure we ride or saw everything. Also I went with my parents and Dad had a blood clot so no roller coasters. Also it was July -hot and busy. Your touring may be different. We got a studio at Saratoga Springs so we had the kitchenette. That's all I can think of right now. HTH.

Trip Count

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: