Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #91
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Side note: My son is now obsessed with Tinker Bell ("Tinka Bell"). No idea where this came from but that's all he's watched the last 3 days. And we didn't meet her during this trip. Figures!!!

Okay, back to the TR. I have time for a short update tonight so I thought I'd take advantage of it.

Mom, Seth and I headed into The Land and down to the Soarin' exit to meet Terrie and Joshua. Once we got down there, I realized Seth needed to be changed so he and I headed to the bathrooms that were thankfully nearby. This is when I realized how small the changing tables were at Disney World. Good grief....they are horrible! If your child is longer than 30 inches there's no way they can lay down without jamming their head into the wall. It's craziness. I had changed him earlier in the baby center before we headed to Mexico, and those changing tables are great. But the ones in the regular bathrooms are just useless.

When we got back out to the exit area of Soarin' Joshua and Terrie were there. So I gave them some chewy Lemonheads (Seth's favorite candy), his juice cup and told them we'd call them when we got off, and to Soarin' Mom and I headed!

Now my mother is not known for her thrill-ride seeking. My dad made her ride Space Mountain in 1973 and she's never ridden a coaster since. My grandmother tells me the story of when Mom was a little girl and she begged her to get on a haunted house type ride at a local fair, and she kept her eyes shut and screamed the entire ride.

She asked me what to expect while we waited in the short FP line. I told her it was like a giant porch swing that lifts you up into the air in front of a huge movie screen, then you get the sensation of hang gliding over different scenes. Not scary at all. She seemed okay with that.

Here's my proof that I got her on the ride.....

When we were being seated I asked for row 1 and told him I would wait, and he said row 1 wasn't available. No idea what that was about b/c there were people in row 1. Whatever.

So we get on and the lady next to my mom is freaking out. My mom was telling her what I told her and that she shouldn't worry. Mom even had to help her buckle in.

So the ride starts and with the first scene I look over at Mom and she's squealing, with her head turned towards me and her eyes shut.

I'm sorry, but it was so funny. I asked her if she was okay and she shook her head no. I asked her if she was gonna be sick and she shook her head yes.

I finally talked her into opening her eyes and she seemed to enjoy it after that. However, whenever we'd go over scenes with water, she'd close her eyes and tell me to tell her when it was over.

Obviously she's not the one that made me a roller coaster lover. Thanks, Dad.

So after our awesome ride on Soarin', I called Terrie and she said they had gone into Innoventions and would meet us outside. A few pictures she took while they were watching Seth.....

They did this picture where Seth could place the objects and pick out the frame and this is how it turned out....

(continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=92)
punkin413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #92
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

As we walked up to Innoventions they were sitting outside and the sky opened up, started pouring rain. Mom and I decided to take Seth back into Innoventions and let him play, and hope the rain would pass. Terrie and Joshua were heading to World Showcase so we told them bye and that we'd see them later. I just let Seth walk around and explore whatever he wanted to in there while it rained. At one point we were sitting near the door and this little girl around Seth's age started following him around. She was so cute! She would just keep following him and when he'd turn around and look at her, she'd giggle and turn the other way.

I think he's enjoying the flirting....

Playin' with Granny....

The rain wasn't letting up so we threw on some ponchos and decided to head to Spaceship Earth. I think the wait was about 20 minutes at that point and I could handle that.

Seth loved Spaceship Earth. I heard "wow" at least 30 times during that ride! He especially liked the part where you're coming back down and you see all the blue starry looking things. He LOVES stars so I figured he'd love that part. I was disappointed b/c they didn't use our picture when they told our little story - they used the stock photos or whatever. Lame!

After we got off Spaceship Earth I realized Seth needed to be changed AGAIN. So we headed to the bathrooms nearby. While I was changing him (standing up, no less, b/c again he couldn't lay down on the tiny changing table) he got some mess on his shirt, so I had to change his shirt too. The joys of motherhood!

When we came out he saw the monorail again and was just going crazy over it, so I told Mom we should just take him to ride it. So we decided that's just what we'd do!

Here's Mom trying to hold up Spaceship Earth on our way out of the park. Such a dork!

Flower & Garden topiaries (excuse the smudge).....

Again, I will add any photopass pictures I get later. Hopefully in about a week or so!

I thought the American flag with Spaceship Earth was cool.....

We stopped at a snack stand to get some bottled water on our way out of the park, and then headed for the monorail.

Next time.......adventures in monorail hopping!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 06:54 AM   #93
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Dawn! Too funny about your mom closing her eyes on Soarin! At least she tried it though. I'm a big chicken on the roller coasters where I can see what's happening. RNRC is okay because I didn't even know it looped upside down until the other day!

That little girl following Seth around is so cute! Funny how they get their flirt on so young.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #94
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Seth is such a cutie! I love how he was fascinated with the fountains. And I love that little girl following him around. He's already a hit with the ladies!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #95
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

So, do you think you will be able to get your mom back on Soarin'?

Me DH DD DS
MagicShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #96
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

What a bummer about the changing tables. You should send that into guest relations. Sort of inconvenient!

How cute was the little cutie following Seth around? Adorable! I'm so glad he enjoyed Spaceship Earth. That is definitely a fun one for the little kiddos!

Your mom on Soarin' sounds hilarious!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #97
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

The best part about the picture of Seth and the little girl was the smile on his face.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:42 AM   #98
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Too funny about your mom on Soarin! I love that ride. We went on it in 2010 for the first time and my DH was so nervous in line for it because he kept seeing the warning signs about motion sickness, etc and he ended up loving it!

That little girl following Seth around was too funny, and his little grin in that pic was too cute!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #99
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

The little girl following Seth around is too cute. Bayleigh would probably do the same thing and try and kiss him. She's in the phase where she wants to kiss ALL the little boys. Daddy doesn't like it so much. I started a Trip Report from our Memorial Day trip. Stop by when you can.

caralyn817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #100
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I haven't been on the boards much either over the last year. You recommended that condo to us last year and we loved it. And get this, we just got back from it last week. We checked in on June 1st. So funny that we were there right after you. I agree about the condo and owners. Great place and great people. I highly recommend staying there if you need more room. Looking forward to reading more. Now I need to go let MeMom know I am still alive and get caught up with her.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #101
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Finally here - Good thing you posted the link on MeMom's TR.

Calling everyone Daisy is too funny.
Loving your EPCOT day so far.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #102
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Daisy!

Seth is such a cutie...reminds me of my nephew at that age...he turned 6 today and I kinda miss the 2.5 yo version.

Jill in CO
Old 06-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #103
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

I am here to join in the fun. Need to get caught up!
disneyfan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #104
<3myfamily
Mouseketeer

Yeah! You are back with another trip report! I loved the previous ones. I can't believe how big Seth is getting! I started reading along, but got busy with DD graduating HS and life, so now I'm going back to catch up.

DL: Too many to count
WDW, Offsite: 1989 & 1993
POP Century: 2006, 2007, 2009,Aug 29-Sept 5 2011
<3myfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #105
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Dawn! Too funny about your mom closing her eyes on Soarin! At least she tried it though. I'm a big chicken on the roller coasters where I can see what's happening. RNRC is okay because I didn't even know it looped upside down until the other day!

That little girl following Seth around is so cute! Funny how they get their flirt on so young.
Yeah, I was proud of her for trying it. I think she was too.

The little girl chasing him was just adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Seth is such a cutie! I love how he was fascinated with the fountains. And I love that little girl following him around. He's already a hit with the ladies!
He did love the fountains! And yes, such a stud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
So, do you think you will be able to get your mom back on Soarin'?
Probably not!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
What a bummer about the changing tables. You should send that into guest relations. Sort of inconvenient!

How cute was the little cutie following Seth around? Adorable! I'm so glad he enjoyed Spaceship Earth. That is definitely a fun one for the little kiddos!

Your mom on Soarin' sounds hilarious!
I should send a note. I, of course, would be polite. But I guess the more people that mention it, the more likely they are to change it.

That little girl was a doll. I hope I feel that way when he's a teenager and girls are chasing him....I doubt it!

Mom on Soarin' did give me a good laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
The best part about the picture of Seth and the little girl was the smile on his face.
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Too funny about your mom on Soarin! I love that ride. We went on it in 2010 for the first time and my DH was so nervous in line for it because he kept seeing the warning signs about motion sickness, etc and he ended up loving it!

That little girl following Seth around was too funny, and his little grin in that pic was too cute!
I think the warning signs are overkill sometimes. I know they need them but I think it really freaks a lot of people out!

I think he liked that little girl chasing him more than he wanted to let on.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: