Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 05:08 PM   #61
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

The lady in the shorts what in the world was she thinking??? Someone would be doing her a favor to let her know how awful that looks!
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #62
lexmelinda
Has a Seussical googling DD
I'll remember from now on

Thanks for the photos of the Flower & Garden Festival! I'd love to go sometime. SO BEAUTIFUL! With the exception of that woman in the shorts. Oh my word. That poor woman is lacking good judgement and a full length mirror. (where is that scared smiley?) Anyway...looks like a fun day in my favorite park! Thanks for the update.
lexmelinda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #63
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Your pictures were wonderful. They make me want to go to the Flower and Garden Festival next year. I might could talk DH into it if I promised a Braves Spring training game one of the days we are at Disney.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
micandminforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #64
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Oh Boy, Seth is going to take really good care of Minnie-Daisy!! So cute! Your mom looks good in that golf cart! I'm just speechless about the lady in the shorts - she must be blind to how she really looks. I have a friend like that - I haven't seen the short shorts, but a few other questionable things I've had to gently tell her about. Because I love her.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #65
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post

Pretty!

Yes, it is. Pictures can give an idea, but they never show the real beauty. I hope every DISer gets to see Flower & Garden Festival sometime.

Quote:

This reminds me of me - Beloved Grandchild is watching something cool, but I am watching Beloved Grandchild.

Quote:

Loved this topiary! This is actually going to be Seth's first in-theater movie later this month!

Next installment....World Showcase and some yummy food and beverage!
We'll be in Disney World when it comes out. If we were on a longer trip, we might consider seeing it in DTD, but since we don't have a lot of WDW property time on this trip (spending time at Vero and going to Sea World) I doubt we'll 'eat up' any Disney time to see a movie. Maybe we'll see it sometime in July. I think it is going to be super cute!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #66
mickeyfan71
Mouseketeer

I would love to get my mom there for the Flower & Garden festival. Looks so pretty! I wonder if the lady with the "booty" shorts is related to the boy you see later in the trip at Casey's splash area.

April 2006-POR : December 2007-POFQ : October 2009-CBR
October 2011-WL
mickeyfan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #67
burly
DIS Veteran

Those Shorts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
What in the World......
burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:26 PM   #69
NMW
DIS Veteran

Subscribing
Old 06-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #70
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

OMG, that woman in those shorts!!!! What was she thinking?!?! I can't wait to read more.

caralyn817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #71
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Hi Dawn! Just found your TR today.

The photo of the lady in her booty shorts I guess you could say...uh. Yeah, wow.
Hi! Thanks for reading! And I think that's a good way to put it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I'm interested to see if we were ever in the same park at the same time!
I know! I'm sick that we were there around the same time and didn't know it. Bad dissers! I have been so slack on the disboards the past year or so, so I blame myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
The lady in the shorts what in the world was she thinking??? Someone would be doing her a favor to let her know how awful that looks!
She wasn't! That's exactly what I said. I looked at my mom and said, "If I ever look like that, don't even let me leave the house in short shorts! Wait a second.... I wouldn't leave the house in short shorts anyway!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmelinda View Post
Thanks for the photos of the Flower & Garden Festival! I'd love to go sometime. SO BEAUTIFUL! With the exception of that woman in the shorts. Oh my word. That poor woman is lacking good judgement and a full length mirror. (where is that scared smiley?) Anyway...looks like a fun day in my favorite park! Thanks for the update.
She needs one of those dressing room mirrors where you can see ALL SIDES. I am certainly not in the best shape, but I would NEVER EVER wear those. Ever. And yes, the festival was beautiful otherwise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Your pictures were wonderful. They make me want to go to the Flower and Garden Festival next year. I might could talk DH into it if I promised a Braves Spring training game one of the days we are at Disney.
It was so pretty! I would have been happier with cooler temperatures but I'm glad we caught the end of the festival!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Oh Boy, Seth is going to take really good care of Minnie-Daisy!! So cute! Your mom looks good in that golf cart! I'm just speechless about the lady in the shorts - she must be blind to how she really looks. I have a friend like that - I haven't seen the short shorts, but a few other questionable things I've had to gently tell her about. Because I love her.
Mom loved that golf cart. I bet she's gonna start decorating hers now. She lives about a block from the country club she and my stepdad belong to, so they just ride their golf carts to the course. I think she drives that thing more than her car!

Your friend is lucky to have you to let her know when she needs to re-think her outfit!
punkin413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #72
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Yes, it is. Pictures can give an idea, but they never show the real beauty. I hope every DISer gets to see Flower & Garden Festival sometime.

This reminds me of me - Beloved Grandchild is watching something cool, but I am watching Beloved Grandchild.

We'll be in Disney World when it comes out. If we were on a longer trip, we might consider seeing it in DTD, but since we don't have a lot of WDW property time on this trip (spending time at Vero and going to Sea World) I doubt we'll 'eat up' any Disney time to see a movie. Maybe we'll see it sometime in July. I think it is going to be super cute!
It was so pretty! I've been twice before and always enjoy seeing all the pretty topiaries and displays. They are there year-round, but so much bigger and brighter and abundant during the festival.

In most of my pictures with Seth I am watching him instead of looking at whatever it is I should be looking at!

Yeah, I wouldn't go see a movie while at Disney unless I was there for over a week or so. You can go see a movie anywhere! And it will still be in theaters for awhile after you guys get back. We're probably not going opening weekend - I'd rather let the crowd die down a little and wait a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan71 View Post
I would love to get my mom there for the Flower & Garden festival. Looks so pretty! I wonder if the lady with the "booty" shorts is related to the boy you see later in the trip at Casey's splash area.
Maybe! I didn't even think about that. How funny!

I think all moms would probably enjoy the festival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burly View Post
Those Shorts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
What in the World......
I know!!!!! Glad I'm not the only one reacting that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Good to see another trip report from you Dawn! I can't believe how big Seth has gotten.
Hi, Glenn! Thanks for reading! I know....growing like a weed! He's *almost* tall enough to ride Splash Mountain. Next trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
Subscribing
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralyn817 View Post
OMG, that woman in those shorts!!!! What was she thinking?!?! I can't wait to read more.
I don't think she was thinking at all! The fashion choices I see at Disney World are almost worth the price of admission in and of themselves. Thanks for reading!
punkin413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #73
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Hi Dawn, happy to read another one of your TR. Seth has gotten so big, and he is so cute. That OZ display was really something, unfortunately I still have not seen the movie. And I can't wait to see the new Monster's movie later this month. The trailers that I saw on youtube look so cute.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #74
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

Great report but those shorts, or whatever they are, are going to give me nightmares. Where are Stacy and Clinton when you need them?

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #75
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Loved seeing the "wonder" as Seth looked at all the displays in the Seas. Your pictures are just beautiful!

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread