Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #31
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
I'm here! I'll try to keep up!!
Great....glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
Hi Dawn! I am here looking forward to more
Glad to see you here, Lauren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'll be along for the fun!

The house is great. We might try one out someday when there are lots of grandkids. Getting four kids in the one bunkbed room would be nice.
It was just more practical for us this trip. I do prefer to stay on property just for the "magic" and the convenience, but this really isn't bad....we still enjoyed the trip and we had room to breathe!

By the way, thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLaura View Post
I'm in !
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Logged back on to the DIS just to read your trip report! Looking forward to hearing all of the stories behind the pictures on FB!
Awww...you flatter me! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
I'm in....
Glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Looking foreward to more.
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Joining in!!!
Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDUB View Post
I'm in for the ride too! Was Seth taller than 40" to join ya on ToT yet? My youngest son was 2-1/2 and just over 40" on his first trip. You should've seen the teenage girls looking at him - they were more scared than he was on the drops. Looking forward to hearing about the memories you created together!
No, he's about 38.5 inches, so no ToT for him. I was really hoping for the 40" mark for Splash Mountain b/c I think he would love it, but no go. Maybe next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
Fun start! Here to read along...
Thanks for reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
I had to laugh at your Daisy story! The last time we took Jackson the only character he wanted to meet was Cinderella (a ladies man at 4 years old )

Everywhere we went he asked if this was where Cinderella was. We waited in line - even when she had to go in her castle for 15 minutes to paint her fingernails

This was during a MVMCP, so not only was it Cinderella, but Prince Charming, the mean stepmother and the 2 stepsisters. It was so worth it, when he hugged her it was the cutest thing ever - everyone in the crowd watching went AHHHHHH
So cute! I love how their little minds work. And I bet the hug was such a sweet memory!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
Hey Dawn! So glad you are writing a TR!

I have to go back and finish but the speech pathologist in me came out while I was reading your explanation of "daisy". I could totally be wrong because obviously I didn't hear it for real...but do you think he was saying "disney" in a toddler-like voice? Like all the characters mean "disney" even though he knows them individually?

Umm, ok so now that I messed up your tr title , I'm going to go back and finish reading
I can see what you're saying, but I kinda doubt it b/c he does also say, "Disney" (more like "dinney"). But you could be right and he could just be fooling me! By the way, thanks for reading!
punkin413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #32
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Dawn, it took me a little longer to get back and read the intros, and I apologize for that (too many phone calls about the wedding, etc).

Your son is absolutely adorable. And that condo is huge!
Oh, no need for an apology! I totally get it. Thanks...I agree on both counts.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #33
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
Thanks! His eyes are actually blue, but they do look kinda brown in that first picture. They have gotten darker blue over the past year, and are starting to get a greenish-brown to them in the middle. I'm hoping they will end up hazel - I love hazel eyes. This is a pic of him at 12 months....you can see how they've darkened since then!

HP was awesome....do go see it if you get the chance! It honestly didn't take half a day to do that section of the park, so it won't take too much time away. You'd love it!
He has beautiful eyes. All my kids started with blue eyes and lost them. My youngest had them until she was 2 1/2. They are now hazel but more green than brown. My oldest has the darkest eyes with each child getting lighter.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
vamassey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:19 AM   #34
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post

It's so funny...he won't talk on the phone but he will grab a Kindle or a calculator or even a banana and pretend.
AJ kind of does the same. He does talk some when I have my phone on speaker but hardly any. But he will pretend ALL the time! With play phones, my old iPhone that he plays with, even things that are not phones but semi shaped liked phones...lol.

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
ArielSRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #35
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
He has beautiful eyes. All my kids started with blue eyes and lost them. My youngest had them until she was 2 1/2. They are now hazel but more green than brown. My oldest has the darkest eyes with each child getting lighter.
Thanks! I love hazel eyes so I would be totally happy with that. His daddy has brown eyes and I have blue, so it's really a toss-up as to how they'll turn out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
AJ kind of does the same. He does talk some when I have my phone on speaker but hardly any. But he will pretend ALL the time! With play phones, my old iPhone that he plays with, even things that are not phones but semi shaped liked phones...lol.
Seth had a chip the other day and was putting it to his eye and say, "Hewo?" At first I didn't know what he had in his hand (never thought about it being the chip I just gave him), but when I looked closer I realized the chip was sort of a C shape, so I guess he thought it looked like a phone! Kind of funny b/c ALL our phones are straight and flat, like iPhones, so I guess he's seen a more traditional receiver end of a phone at his nana's house!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #36
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

I'm here and I will try to keep up! Can't wait to hear about WWofHP.

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Happy Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #37
oOJulieOo
Mouseketeer

I haven't been on the DIS in forever, but I saw that you started a TR and I love your TRs so here I am!

It cracks me up that Seth was calling all of the characters "Daisy" when he knows them all by their names! I wonder why he picked Daisy?!
oOJulieOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #38
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
I'm here and I will try to keep up! Can't wait to hear about WWofHP.
Yay! Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOJulieOo View Post
I haven't been on the DIS in forever, but I saw that you started a TR and I love your TRs so here I am!

It cracks me up that Seth was calling all of the characters "Daisy" when he knows them all by their names! I wonder why he picked Daisy?!
Aw, you flatter me! Glad you're here, Julie! No idea why he picked Daisy. He has been watching Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas a lot lately (yes, in May) and she's in the very first clip and he loves that one, so maybe that's why.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #39
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Last I left you we had settled into our nice, albeit off-property, condo and were ready and excited about our first Disney day!

We woke up bright and very early for our 8:05am breakfast reservation at Cape May Cafe. This was one of the few ADRs we had all made together. Terrie wanted to see Seth with the characters, so she and Joshua were joining us for this one. After giving my mom turn-by-turn directions to the Beach Club Resort (the first of MANY times this trip where I was the navigator), and going under the famous Welcome to Walt Disney World sign, where Seth yelled "Daisy!!!" as we drove by, we arrived here....

I checked in at the hostess stand and then headed to the gift shop to get Seth an autograph book for the trip, where the very nice CM asked me if I'd been to HS yet. I told him not yet, it was our first day, and then he tells me about some interesting fact (which I've already forgotten ) about MuppetVision 3D. Very nice guy. Feel bad I can't remember what he told me.

I barely got back to the waiting area when we were being buzzed. We were sat at a booth and as soon as we sat down, Seth saw Donald in the distance. And of course he said, "Daisy?" Ha! Super excited boy!

We didn't even get to the buffet once before Donald was at our table, but that was fine by me! I like it when you don't have to wait forever for the characters, and we definitely didn't that day!

Seth was like this with all the characters: he'd get really excited when he saw them coming, then when they'd get to the table he'd get really shy, never crying or anything but just like he was so excited he didn't know what to do with himself, so he'd just cuddle into my neck. Then when they'd leave, he'd cry. Such an array of emotions all within seconds.

Right after I took that picture, I hear someone behind me saying, "Dawn???" I turn around and there behind our booth and sitting literally 12 inches behind my head is my very good friend and fellow travel agent Mary-Margaret! I knew she was at WDW but we had made no plans this trip to meet up. She had gotten the Cape May reservation last minute, and we just happened to be seated right behind she and her family. So glad we saw her! She said she heard my big mouth (okay, she didn't really say that - she just said she heard me talking to Donald) and she knew she recognized my voice, and turned around and saw it was me.

After I spoke with her for a second, I turned around and saw Donald had made a new friend.....

I love it when they do stuff like this with teenagers.

I think we made one trip to the buffet and came back to find Goofy had made his way to our table....

Then not long after that, Miss Minnie stopped by to say hello. I told Seth not to call her Daisy, as I didn't think she'd appreciate that....

All the characters came really fast, which was great b/c then we had time to eat!

Before Mary-Margaret left she and I got a quick picture....

In the mad rush of characters I forgot to take a picture of my first plate, but here is the second serving I got from the buffet....

The food here is super yummy. It was my second time there (first was in October 2011) and both times I was very pleased with the food and the characters. Service this time wasn't as good, but not horrible either.

After we finished eating and had asked for the check, then had re-asked for it because she didn't separate it (we had originally told her to), I took Seth to the bathroom to change him while the others waited for our server to bring back the check. The bathroom in the lobby at the Beach Club is TINY....very hard to change a baby in and not be in other peoples' way! I got that done and called Terrie, and they were still waiting on their credit cards to be ran! So I took Seth out the back door towards the lake and just walked him around to see everything.

The others finally made their way out to us and we headed toward EPCOT. Love this resort and this view!

Next time: Finally in our first park....and we found Nemo!

Last edited by punkin413; 06-01-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:36 AM   #40
burly
DIS Veteran

Hey Dawn, love your trip reports, so glad you decided to do one.
Seth is looking like such a big boy now......

KIM
burly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:12 AM   #41
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I love this one! Too cute!

Quote:

The food here is super yummy. It was my second time there (first was in October 2011) and both times I was very pleased with the food and the characters. Service this time wasn't as good, but not horrible either.
This is one of our favorite breakfasts. We're doing it again this month.

Quote:

The others finally made their way out to us and we headed toward EPCOT. Love this resort and this view!

I can so easily picture myself standing there right now.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:03 AM   #42
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

So happy to see another TR from you! OMG!! Can't believe how big Seth is getting. What a cutie pie!! That condo is gorgeous and so spacious!! I am having breakfast at Cape May for the first time in October... can't wait!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #43
mickeyfan71
Mouseketeer

I'm late but here to enjoy your TR! I'm interested to see how Seth did with rides and such-my sister and niece (who will be 2 1/2) are going on the trip with us in October. It will be her first trip of many! Can't wait to see Disney through her eyes!

April 2006-POR : December 2007-POFQ : October 2009-CBR
October 2011-WL
mickeyfan71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:03 AM   #44
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran

Seth is looking so grown up! Cape May looks fun, we've had dinner there, but not breakfast. One of these times we will make it for breakfast.

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Happy Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:13 AM   #45
PrincePluto
Disneyholic

Subbing!

It sounds like you enjoyed your Cape May character breakfast. I did not realize there was a character breakfast at the Boardwalk resort. We enjoyed the character mix and food choices at the character breakfast at 1900 Park Faire when we went in 2008, so we are going there again this July. I am looking forward to the strawberry soup!

From Freezing to Sweating on a Daily Basis - A December 2013 Trip Report (Finished)

A 2010 Semi-Solo Trip Report (Retrospective) (Finished)

February 1978 (Fort Wilderness), June 1992 (Off-Site), May 1997 (Off-Site), May 1999 (Off-Site), October 2008 (Off-Site timeshare), November 2009 (Off-Site timeshare), October 2010 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008)), July 2013 (Off-Site timeshare (same one as 2008 and 2010)), December 2013 (Same timeshare as July 2013)
PrincePluto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: