Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #151
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

<--- me.

I just did an entire update and accidentally hit the X to close the page instead of clicking on the photobucket link next to it. Argh. I'll try to do another one tonight. FAIL.
punkin413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #152
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
<--- me.

I just did an entire update and accidentally hit the X to close the page instead of clicking on the photobucket link next to it. Argh. I'll try to do another one tonight. FAIL.
Don't cha just LOVE when that happens?
happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #153
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
<--- me.

Oh I hear you. I may have done that myself.

The company was great but the weather could have been a bit better.

Sorry you lost your update.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #154
javamom
Rumored Avatar Fairy
Wooo hoooty it's been fun!

Location: Probably pouring over a park map, planning someone else's trip for them!

I know that there is one fountain near the castle that (from the vantage point of a child) you see things that grownps don't. Gotta love Imagineers! So that might be part of the fascination with the fountains!

javamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #155
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happenin2you View Post
Don't cha just LOVE when that happens?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Oh I hear you. I may have done that myself.

The company was great but the weather could have been a bit better.

Sorry you lost your update.
The weather down here in Georgia has been horrible....ran every single day for weeks now. I know people would be complaining about no rain, too, and that's always worse. But seriously....we need a break from the rain! I don't know that TN has been as bad but I'm sure it's close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamom View Post
I know that there is one fountain near the castle that (from the vantage point of a child) you see things that grownps don't. Gotta love Imagineers! So that might be part of the fascination with the fountains!

I didn't know that! See, you learn something new every day here.

Okay, off to try to re-write my last update!
Old 07-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #156
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Okay, I am finally back and all caught up.

Love the photopass pics, with and without a sleeping, Seth.

So sorry about the memory card and the pictures. I would have been very upset too.

So glad your client was able to get BOG...so many people haven't been able to get it.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #157
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Before we get to the next update, a couple of things....

Have you guys seen this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5kYmrjongg

I'm so super excited about it! It looks fabulous. Can't wait!

Secondly, a couple of weeks after I returned from Disney, my disfriends Anita and Marc (wigdoutdismom and wsushocker) were there and Anita posted on Facebook some pictures of items inside the shop near the water play area in Storybook Circus. Well, she posted one of some super cute Casey Jr. toddler dinnerware and I commented that I wished I would have made it in there b/c i thought it was so cute. She PMed me and said she'd buy it for me if I wanted. Of course I insisted that I pay her for it but I would love it if she got it! So last weekend I got a package in the mail, and guess what Seth got? He was so excited to get a package, especially one that had the Castle on it!

It's a bowl!

And a plate!

He was very interested with putting the packing peanuts on the plate....

Aren't these so cute??

Thank you so much, Anita and Marc, for getting this for us!! He loves it and every time he eats off of the plate he says, "Train??? Water???" So cute! I'm so glad to have made such good disfriends here. You guys are awesome!

Okay, on to the trip!

When I last updated we had just finished the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and were heading to meet Lynda (disneyfreak92) and her little guy, Avery, over near Dumbo. We found them with no problem. It was so nice to see them again! Our meeting in 2011 wasn't very long b/c Seth wasn't feeling well that day with his allergies.

We immediately headed into Dumbo so that the boys could check out the new play area (Avery had been before, but this was mine and Seth's first time). I don't think there was a wait but the CM told us just to play however long we wanted to and then let him know when we were ready to ride.

I wish I would have remembered to get a picture of the entire area. It was SO COOL!!! Seth had a total blast running around and playing. Lynda and I just sort of followed the boys around and Mom took a break. Kudos to Disney for this....such a great way to wait for a ride!

We ran up and down these stairs countless times!

He LOVED these nets...spent most of his time crawling around and looking down on everything....

Continued in next post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=158

Last edited by punkin413; 07-13-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #158
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Checking out the "bewwww" lights....

Here comes Avery!

Two sweet boys....

The boys played for about 25 minutes or so and then we decided to fly with Dumbo!

Hi, Granny!

I took this video (click to play).....

After Dumbo we opted to hold off on taking the boys to the Casey Jr. water play area and that way we could do it just before we left the park that day. I knew I'd be back over in that area, so I held off on Barnstormer, too.

Lynda and Avery had grabbed fastpasses on their way in to Peter Pan, and the window was open for both of us, so we headed that way. Through the fastpass line, and off we went....

We got stuck right over the Darling Nursery, so I snapped this....

After a short pause, we were off to Neverland again! Seth loved it. He noticed Captain Hook and kept telling me it was Hook - he knows him really from Jake & the Neverland Pirates more than anything.

After that Mom, Seth and I jumped in line for It's a Small World (which was about a 20-minute wait - I can't believe I waited that long for that ride. I really dislike it, but I was with Seth and I knew he'd love it, and my Mom was with me and it's a classic, so I gave in and rode it), while Lynda and Avery went to check out the new Tangled bathroom/rest area.

Pics on the ride (yes, I took pics of my kid rather than the creepy dolls )....

I took video of Small World, too. Sorry if the song gets stuck in your head.

I think I heard the word "wow" about a thousand times before I started recording....then he stopped saying it. Never performs on cue!

He adored this ride, and I adored watching him. As much as I don't like the ride itself, I would ride it 100 times to watch him take it all in.

After the ride we met Lynda outside and then decided it might be time to go ahead and beat the lunch crowd. It was about 11:20 at that point and we knew it would only get worse. So where would we go for lunch??? Stay tuned!

Last edited by punkin413; 07-13-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:48 PM   #159
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I finally get caught up and comment and you sneak in another update.

Aren't Anita and Marc the best? I got to meet them at Disney last month and wonderful people.

Isn't that new Dumbo area awesome. A brilliant idea on Disney's part.

I'm with you...I can't stand It's a Small World. Unfortunately, I have to ride it every trip with my little kid, my hubby--Mark.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #160
jwwi
DIS Veteran

Great update, looks like the boys had fun together. I play area of Dumbo is such a great idea. And the way Disney carried out the theme is excellent.
Small World looks like it was a hit for Seth. I guess it will become a "must see" for a few years? Lunch at CHH or Pinocchio's? You were right there.

Thank you for posting the link to Mr Banks trailer, it does look great. All of us Disney lovers will have to see it, and I may have to watch Mary Poppins again too. Maybe before and after I see the movie.
jwwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #161
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

Great update! The Dumbo play area looks great. Such a smart move on Disney's part. I just love reading about how people form good friendships on here!

TinkyCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #162
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

The Dumbo play area looks like fun. We haven't played on it yet. Each time we have gone Bayleigh just wants to get to the ride. She loves Dumbo.

caralyn817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #163
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Yay for fun Disney packages in the mail!

And yay for Disney friends who are so kind to pick up things for us!

Anything we eat off of a Disney plate is much tastier, too!

We really appreciate the Dumbo play area, too. It's nice for kids to get a break from being in a stroller and or just walking from ride to ride and get to do some run, jumping, and climbing.

Seth seems to like Small World more than his mommy. Watching kids' expressions on Small World is classic Disney to me. There is something special about the first time we take each new baby on this ride. Of our three, Brooklynn (at about 10 months) had the very best reactions and expressions, because she was much older and more aware than Bella at 3 1/2 months and Sophie at 6 weeks.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #164
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I like Seth's bowl and plate. I really like the circus area. The souvenir shop in the circus tent is so cute. We spent a lot of time in there.

Me DH DD DS
MagicShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:45 AM   #165
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Aren't those packing peanuts the best??? I'm glad that Seth enjoyed his package and everything inside....

I think that the entire Big Top area is the best part of the whole Fantasyland expansion.
I might change my mind if they ever get the mine train open, but I doubt it. That Dumbo playground and the splash area is genius!

wigdoutdismom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: