Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #76
lpmarker
Earning My Ears

Hi...we will be on this cruise as well. It will be a first time Disney Cruise and the first time on a cruise for our ds (10) and dd (8). Just sent request to join Facebook group and we definitely want to participate in the FE exchange.

Lisa
lpmarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:20 PM   #77
dpugrad03
Earning My Ears

Count us in!

This will be our second cruise - first with our kids (boys 6 and 4 at time of sailing). My Mother in Law and her friend will be with us too in adjoining rooms. I have requested to join the Facebook Group and haven't heard, so I created a second group specific to FE.

October 18, 2014 Eastern Caribbean Fantasy Fish Extender Group

Happy to make anyone and admin that is interested.

Looking forward to counting down with you all!
Katie

Last edited by dpugrad03; 12-15-2013 at 11:41 PM.
dpugrad03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #78
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

I just made myself an admin on the FB group that had been created originally (October 18, 2014 Disney Fantasy) and approved all the pending Join requests.

Probably easiest to keep to a single group.

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:00 AM   #79
onecoolwife
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone,

Looks like we will be joining you. This will be our 3rd cruise, this will be a repeat of our Oct 20, 2012 Sandy Cruise. It was a great vacation (even with Sandy) but we missed out on doing a few things in St Maarten since we opted for a tour our first time there. This time we are going to rent a car and tour the island on our own. We plan to spend lots of time on Maho Beach watching the airplanes and playing in the water.

We were originally scheduled to go on the Oct 20 Magic Cruise this year but had to postpone it once we found out we were expecting after our 2012 Fantasy Cruise, baby was 2 weeks to young to cruise. After many hours debating we opted to go back to the Fantasy and go concierge with our Sandy Discount.

We will be traveling with our 11 yo daughter and our baby girl will be 14 months at cruise time. We would like to join the FE but we are still looking into whether we will be able to participate in a concierge room. We have done it the past 2 cruises and we loved it!

Either way we are looking forward to getting to know everyone!
onecoolwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #80
gizzardgoop
Earning My Ears

My family just booked it. We have two daughters who will be 7 and 1 on the cruise. Third Disney cruise, second on the Fantasy.
gizzardgoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:21 AM   #81
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

We just booked for this sailing. We were on the Fantasy this past Halloween with 4 of our 5 kids and booked a dummy date which we just switched to this one. The difference is we are going KID FREE! My dh Nate and I have cruised this time of year for the past 5 years but every other year we go with out the kids. The kid free cruise has always been Carnival until now. We have been on the magic twice on both the Western and Eastern and the last time we did the Western on the Fantasy. We felt that we didn't get to do as much last time as my one ds didn't care for the clubs which meant we missed out on all the adult stuff. This has helped reduce the guilt factor of cruising Disney without them. After 3 Disney cruises we have never seen Serenity Bay... I'm gonna get to see it finally!!! We have friends joining us who we met on a Carnival cruise in 2012 and they came with us last October on the Fantasy. It didn't take a whole lot of convincing to do Disney instead of Carnival. I am SO excited for this cruise!
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #82
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
We just booked for this sailing. We were on the Fantasy this past Halloween with 4 of our 5 kids and booked a dummy date which we just switched to this one. The difference is we are going KID FREE! My dh Nate and I have cruised this time of year for the past 5 years but every other year we go with out the kids. The kid free cruise has always been Carnival until now. We have been on the magic twice on both the Western and Eastern and the last time we did the Western on the Fantasy. We felt that we didn't get to do as much last time as my one ds didn't care for the clubs which meant we missed out on all the adult stuff. This has helped reduce the guilt factor of cruising Disney without them. After 3 Disney cruises we have never seen Serenity Bay... I'm gonna get to see it finally!!! We have friends joining us who we met on a Carnival cruise in 2012 and they came with us last October on the Fantasy. It didn't take a whole lot of convincing to do Disney instead of Carnival. I am SO excited for this cruise!

What a coinky-dink! I was recently looking for Fantasy trip reports (since I haven't been on the ship before) and read your last one!

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:24 PM   #83
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWQuestie View Post
What a coinky-dink! I was recently looking for Fantasy trip reports (since I haven't been on the ship before) and read your last one!

Oh cool! Well I hope you liked it. I'm hoping to finish my last submission in the next day or so. It's just not as exciting getting off the ship and not many pics either so no one's gonna wanna read it anyway.... it's too depressing.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:08 AM   #84
krystajoy
Earning My Ears

We are going on this cruise. We have never been on a Disney Cruise!! My daughter will be 11. She is a only child. I worry she will not like going to the kid activities by herself. I can use any and all the hints on all the stuff to do on the ship. Will they do anything because it is so close to Halloween? October 18-25 2014 also the 18th is my birthday. Do they do anything for birthdays? Thanks for the help.
krystajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #85
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Welcome Kristajoy and to the Disboards! I wouldn't worry too much if your daughter doesn't like the clubs. My younger boys did not love the clubs the first time around and that was ok because there is so much to do with them. If she is going to try it I would encourage her to go the first night because that's when groups seem to form. Also there is usually a meet and greet on the first day among this group and the facebook group so maybe she could meet someone there to hang out with at the club. As far as Halloween I would think that they will have a party since it is the last Eastern cruise before Halloween. I know on our cruise in 2011 they had a Halloween party which was the cruise before Halloween. For birthdays you can have it noted on your reservation that it's your birthday and let your servers know on the day and they will bring out a special birthday desert and they will sing to you. You can also order a cake for an extra cost.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #86
krystajoy
Earning My Ears

Thanks
krystajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 12:32 AM   #87
rachellackey
Mouse rules

Family of 11

My family of 11 will be on this cruise.
7 adults and 4 kids ages 8,6,6,and 3.
Cannot wait for this cruise. We have only sailed with Royal Caribbean before.
rachellackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:23 AM   #88
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachellackey View Post
My family of 11 will be on this cruise.
7 adults and 4 kids ages 8,6,6,and 3.
Cannot wait for this cruise. We have only sailed with Royal Caribbean before.
Welcome rachellackey!

I've never done Royal, only Carnival twice and Disney 3 times but I know you are gonna LOVE it!
Old 01-28-2014, 04:58 PM   #89
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone, I thought I would post this here just in case there are people here that are not on the fb group. I am organizing a cabin crawl and wanted to make sure no one misses out on the opportunity to participate. Here is the explanation I have posted on fb.

Hey everyone, Looking for interested hosts and players for a cabin crawl. This is how it works.... We need 7 people willing to host and show their cabins. Hosts will need to provide a deck of cards that they will spread out on the bed for players to take. Hosts can provide little treats or shots for the players but this is optional. All participants pay $5.00 to play. We will meet at Vista Cafe at 3:00 on the Monday to sign in. We travel as a group from cabin to cabin taking a card at each one. Each host will be given a clip board with the participants names and will record which card everyone gets. The last 2 cabins are optional discard cabins. We then meet at Waves bar and the person with the best poker hand wins. If you are interested in playing just edit this doc to add your name and if you are willing to host put "host" beside your name.

Here's a post from my trip report showing our last cabin crawl.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=88

If you want to play just let me know and I will edit the doc on fb for you.

Also on fb we are talking about the meet and greet and making it a "sweet meet". People can bring sweets from their area to share with everyone at the meet and greet. Bringing sweets is not mandatory to participate as those participating in the fe might find it difficult with luggage weight restrictions. It just adds a little something to the meet.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:54 PM   #90
DopeyFan1966
Disney World Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
Hi everyone, I thought I would post this here just in case there are people here that are not on the fb group. I am organizing a cabin crawl and wanted to make sure no one misses out on the opportunity to participate. Here is the explanation I have posted on fb.

Hey everyone, Looking for interested hosts and players for a cabin crawl. This is how it works.... We need 7 people willing to host and show their cabins. Hosts will need to provide a deck of cards that they will spread out on the bed for players to take. Hosts can provide little treats or shots for the players but this is optional. All participants pay $5.00 to play. We will meet at Vista Cafe at 3:00 on the Monday to sign in. We travel as a group from cabin to cabin taking a card at each one. Each host will be given a clip board with the participants names and will record which card everyone gets. The last 2 cabins are optional discard cabins. We then meet at Waves bar and the person with the best poker hand wins. If you are interested in playing just edit this doc to add your name and if you are willing to host put "host" beside your name.

Here's a post from my trip report showing our last cabin crawl.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=88

If you want to play just let me know and I will edit the doc on fb for you.

Also on fb we are talking about the meet and greet and making it a "sweet meet". People can bring sweets from their area to share with everyone at the meet and greet. Bringing sweets is not mandatory to participate as those participating in the fe might find it difficult with luggage weight restrictions. It just adds a little something to the meet.
So Sorry I didn't pay attention to which cruise this was posted in on Facebook before responding. I'm not going on the 18 October cruise, we are on the 11 October cruise. We won't be participating in the crawl after all.

WDW – Jun 94; Jul 97; 13-19 Sep 2006 POP; 7-18 Sep 07 ASM; 11-19 Sep 08 POP; 9-19 Sep 09 POR; 31 Aug-12 Sep 10 CSR; 20-27 Dec 12 OKW; DLPR – May 99; May 09; Jun 10 DLR – Dec 08; Jan, Feb, Jun, Jul, Oct 12; DCL - 15-26 May 10 Med (Magic); 28 May-8 June 11 Med (Magic); 8-15 Jul 13 Alaska (Wonder); 11-18 Oct 14 Western Caribbean (Fantasy)
DopeyFan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: