Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #16
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list
Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #17
divabydisney
Mouseketeer

It's official! We are booked, room 6512. It will be me and my 2 boys (15 & 9). C-A-N-N-O-T W-A-I-T. Now I hope the next 472 days go by quick.

divabydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #18
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Howdy y'all!

Do you guys mind if we join in? We just transferred our booking to this sailing! We had been booked on the last week of August 2014 to Alaska but decided for a variety of reasons to take an upgrade in staterooms and swap to this sailing. Save the Alaska trip for when the kids are slightly older.
We've never sailed on the Fantasy or the Dream, so that's a big change.
Do we have a facebook group for this cruise, or are we keeping all communications on disboards?
Anyway, excited to start the countdown for this cruise!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #19
slindmeyer
Earning My Ears

Right now we only have this thread as I understand it. I think a facebook group would be a good idea as well.
slindmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:25 AM   #20
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydork3 View Post
Have either of you cruised in October before? We've been on a 5 night in June and will be on a 5 night this Thanksgiving. Looking forward to a 7 nighter!!
I know you weren't asking me, but I've cruised a three night over the last of September beginning of October, Thanksgiving week, February and April with an upcoming January before this one.
Very first cruise- September/October2010-some rough seas the first night leaving Port Canaveral (leftovers from a tropical depression). DH thought it was funny to watch me walk down the halls in (very) high heels swaying all over the place. We both figured out we weren't prone to seasickness. Nassau-beautiful weather in the morning, late afternoon thunderstorm. Castaway Cay- nice warm water, perfect temperature to layout at Serenity Bay.
Second cruise-Thanksgiving week-warm/nice for sailaway party, pretty nice the rest of the week, chilly on the last afternoon and cold on debarkation. Wish I'd packed the kids sweaters.
Third cruise-February nice/cool for sailaway chilly half of first and half of last day. Very warm in Cozumel.
April-hot for sailaway, cold water at Castaway Cay, but really warm air. Torrential downpours/warm in Key West. Pleasant for debarkation.
Really, I'm not that concerned about the weather anymore than I would be if I'm staying home (Houston area, so we do the hurricane preparedness thing).
I think October is nice as the kids have had a month or so to settle into school, the water will probably be warm and we book our flights/etc. through Disney and get trip insurance just in case.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 07-17-2013, 05:26 AM   #21
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by slindmeyer View Post
Right now we only have this thread as I understand it. I think a facebook group would be a good idea as well.
I guess I'll set one up then.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 07-17-2013, 05:27 AM   #22
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Is anyone on this cruise interested in FEs?

As for the facebook group, I've set one up here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/224180931063179/
or search Facebook for "October 18, 2014 Disney Fantasy" and I'll add you to the group.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Last edited by cruisecrasher; 07-17-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #23
DopeyFan1966
Disney World Aficionado

I would like to join this group...we just finished the Alaska cruise on the Wonder and booked this cruise for next year. Really looking forward to a Halloween themed cruise. Was excited to read the things Disney plans for the October cruises this year and hope they continue it next year.

I am willing to run the FE list if no one else once to do it. We love doing FEs.

Cruising on this trip currently are:

Me
DH (Andy)
DD (Skylar, 12 on cruise)
Celebrating our 20th Anniversary
Will probably change our reservation to a Cat 4E, but currently we are in an inside stateroom

We are also trying to get my parents and my mother-in-law to join us.

Cindy

WDW – Jun 94; Jul 97; 13-19 Sep 2006 POP; 7-18 Sep 07 ASM; 11-19 Sep 08 POP; 9-19 Sep 09 POR; 31 Aug-12 Sep 10 CSR; 20-27 Dec 12 OKW; DLPR – May 99; May 09; Jun 10 DLR – Dec 08; Jan, Feb, Jun, Jul, Oct 12; DCL - 15-26 May 10 Med (Magic); 28 May-8 June 11 Med (Magic); 8-15 Jul 13 Alaska (Wonder); 11-18 Oct 14 Western Caribbean (Fantasy)
DopeyFan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #24
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyFan1966 View Post
I would like to join this group...we just finished the Alaska cruise on the Wonder and booked this cruise for next year. Really looking forward to a Halloween themed cruise. Was excited to read the things Disney plans for the October cruises this year and hope they continue it next year.

I am willing to run the FE list if no one else once to do it. We love doing FEs.

Cruising on this trip currently are:

Me
DH (Andy)
DD (Skylar, 12 on cruise)
Celebrating our 20th Anniversary
Will probably change our reservation to a Cat 4E, but currently we are in an inside stateroom

We are also trying to get my parents and my mother-in-law to join us.

Cindy
Welcome!!! I'd be glad to be on a cruise where I'm not coordinating the FE :lol
Should be fun! Sign us up and all that. Room is 9674 (hanging quite literally off the aft of the ship). DD will be 5, DS will be 8.

Oh and so far our Facebook group is me and DH.
So if anyone wants to join...that'd be awesome!!!
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 07-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #25
divabydisney
Mouseketeer

Yeah! I feel like our group is finally getting off and started.

Dopey- That would be awesome if you did the FE. We are in room 6512. It'll be me and my 2 sons, 15 & 9 at time of sailing. Thanks!

Old 07-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #26
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by divabydisney View Post
Yeah! I feel like our group is finally getting off and started.

Dopey- That would be awesome if you did the FE. We are in room 6512. It'll be me and my 2 sons, 15 & 9 at time of sailing. Thanks!
I know, right? My DS will be 8 at sailing...DD will be 6.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 07-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #27
DopeyFan1966
Disney World Aficionado

hopefully we will have more people getting involved in this forum than my last cruise. We only had about 11 families and 8 on the FEs.

I created a website for the last two cruises we went on. It listed everyone that wanted to be listed and had an FE page. It also included information specific to the cruise, the ship, and the ports of call. As we get closer to the cruise I will start creating a page for it also. When I get it started and almost completed I will post a link here in the forum.

Cindy

WDW – Jun 94; Jul 97; 13-19 Sep 2006 POP; 7-18 Sep 07 ASM; 11-19 Sep 08 POP; 9-19 Sep 09 POR; 31 Aug-12 Sep 10 CSR; 20-27 Dec 12 OKW; DLPR – May 99; May 09; Jun 10 DLR – Dec 08; Jan, Feb, Jun, Jul, Oct 12; DCL - 15-26 May 10 Med (Magic); 28 May-8 June 11 Med (Magic); 8-15 Jul 13 Alaska (Wonder); 11-18 Oct 14 Western Caribbean (Fantasy)
Old 07-20-2013, 09:42 PM   #28
divabydisney
Mouseketeer

Awe thanks Cindy!

Old 07-21-2013, 05:49 AM   #29
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopeyFan1966 View Post
hopefully we will have more people getting involved in this forum than my last cruise. We only had about 11 families and 8 on the FEs.

I created a website for the last two cruises we went on. It listed everyone that wanted to be listed and had an FE page. It also included information specific to the cruise, the ship, and the ports of call. As we get closer to the cruise I will start creating a page for it also. When I get it started and almost completed I will post a link here in the forum.

Cindy
That's so neat! Was your last cruise on the classic ships or the dream class? Our most recent was on the Magic, and our next is on the Wonder and we've always had over 100 people, over 20 rooms and had to split the FE list into two or more groups. Interesting that that doesn't always happen, don't you think?
The website idea sounds like a lot of fun.
Do y'all have any cruise buddies coming? I've got a family friend we met on our first cruise in 2010 thinking about this cruise and another friend from early college who's maybe adding this cruise (she's been on our cruise last February with us, so there's that she loves and she's joining us in January, but being Texan, she's not sure she can swing childcare or airfare for a longer cruise from a more distant port.)
Have any of y'all sailed on the Fantasy before?
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Old 07-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #30
DopeyFan1966
Disney World Aficionado

Website for this cruise

So, I've started working on the website. It is currently work in progess, you may contact me at anytime with ideas or questions.

Here is the link to the site:

http://18oct14-fantasyeasterncaribbean.weebly.com/

Cindy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: