Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #46
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran
 
sonnyjane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,553

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyring View Post


When I read WDW food raves, I just figure these must be the same people who live in fly-over states and rave about Red Lobster.

.
Lol. I've lived in some great food cities (Denver, Pittsburgh, Miami, Seattle, San Diego) and eaten at some of the best restaurants in the country, yet I still LOVE me some Red Lobster lol!!!!
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #47
mikedoyleblogger
DIS Veteran
 
mikedoyleblogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,323

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyring View Post

When I read WDW food raves, I just figure these must be the same people who live in fly-over states and rave about Red Lobster...(snip)

I go back and forth on the "bubble". I think, mostly, it's overrated. They only NEED a bubble because it takes half an hour to get from your resort to the park! LOL! In Anaheim, your hotel is across the street. 3 minute walk. No bubble necessary...(snip)

Aww you should've given AK a chance. It's the newest of the parks, so if your issue with Epcot is that it's old... well, AK isn't old.
Ha! Oddly enough, our favorite restaurant at MK was Columbia Harbor House. It definitely made me think of Red Lobster, and I thought it was hysterical how much breaded shrimp I ended up eating in five days just because it was palatable. Also, good thing I don't keep kosher anymore

I just don't get how the WDW bubble is all that magical. To me, having to wait 20 minutes to be bused for another 20 minutes down *highways* each way, every day of your stay seems totally mundane and wasteful of time. The real WDW bubble to me seems to be an economic one--you're stuck inside WDW so you have to pay for/buy/eat Disney everything. It seems so much more freeing to me that the economic aspects of WDW's bubble don't exist at DLR. The beauty of the outside world being closer by in Anaheim is that you never need to end up feeling trapped should you decide you've had enough of Disney. You can step out of the bubble and right back in. I love having that choice at DLR rather than being expected to trust WDW for everything (which is what made our trip such a disaster.)

We will eventually get to AK, I promise. We'll eventually go back to WDW. I enjoyed MK too much for us not to. But DBF is another story. He really hated WDW lock, stock, and barrel. So it will probably be a while.
__________________
WDW 1973 Poly | WDW Jul 1977 offsite | DLR Jul 1988 offsite | DLP Apr 2000 offsite | DLR Apr 2002 PPH | DLR Sep 2002 HoJo | DLR Dec 2002 HoJo (HolidayTime!) | DLR Apr 2003 HoJo | DLR Dec 2005 HoJo | DLR Mar 2013 HoJo | WDW May 2013 Pop | DLR Oct 2013 HoJo (HalloweenTime!) | DLR Aug 2014 GCH | DLR Sep 2014 DLH for the first time! (HalloweenTime!) | DLR Dec 2014 TBD (HolidayTime!) | Moving to L.A. 2015!
mikedoyleblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-28-2013, 03:31 AM   #48
Dolf
Earning My Ears
 
Dolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherilaine View Post
Do any others have friends, co-workers, family members who seem to look down on DLR compared to WDW? It seems most of these people I know have never even travelled to DLR but yet they think it's common knowledge that WDW is soooo much better.

Now I do not think that either resort has to be better and I often just reply how they are both different and each one has their pros and cons but it seems to fall on deaf ears. I think it's great that there are parks on both sides of the continent as otherwise imagine how busy only one would be??

My kids are not even interested in going to WDW at this point, because DLR is the original park and now with Carsland, well they really do not see the point. They'd rather do a cruise or go to Hawaii and stay at Aulani (like that's a cheap alternative).

Anyway just wondering if anyone else is tired of these kind of remarks?
I kind of don't like hearing that WDW is better than DLR, but it is the perception because BIGGER IS BETTER! Being from L.A., having worked 3 years as a DL CM, and currently living 5 minutes away from the park, I should be defending DL.

However, since the park has been in such high demand with the opening of CL and economy bouncing back (not necessarily a bad thing), I think the crowds are keeping me away from DL. People bumping into you left and right and you can't just avoid them by ducking into a store sometimes. DL I don't think was meant to be enjoyed at these high capacities. And the rising costs of APs and Hoppers aren't helping the magical experience any. DL is small with barely any room to expand, unless they start buying out the neighbors.

Everytime I've gone to WDW, I don't think I've ever experienced HUGE crowds. Probably because there's a lot of room. I've been to MK on 4th of July once, and yes that was a mistake. But the rest of times I've been, they only thing I've had to complain about is the weather.

My AP to DL has expired and I don't think I will be renewing this year, but I will be going to WDW next year, possibly twice, and if so, the AP to WDW would pay for itself.

So I would say, the mindset of regular WDW goer isn't without warrant. 5 years ago I would have defended DL and say that "they're completely different experiences". Because I haven't had a "magical experience" in a while at DL, and don't remember a time when I last enjoyed DL because of the crowds, the rising costs, the wait times to my favorite rides never being tolerable, and WDW seems to be a good trip every time I go, WDW is looking better to me right now. I'm not saying that my mind never changes, but WDW is winning me over right now.

The one thing that DL has been holding onto is that it was the original park that Walt himself opened. While this is true, and no other park will have this blessing, I feel like the millions of people who walk through the gates don't even care/know anyway. "Happiest Place on Earth" is becoming becoming false advertising.
Dolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:20 AM   #49
mikedoyleblogger
DIS Veteran
 
mikedoyleblogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolf View Post
I kind of don't like hearing that WDW is better than DLR, but it is the perception because BIGGER IS BETTER! Being from L.A., having worked 3 years as a DL CM, and currently living 5 minutes away from the park, I should be defending DL.

However, since the park has been in such high demand with the opening of CL and economy bouncing back (not necessarily a bad thing), I think the crowds are keeping me away from DL. People bumping into you left and right and you can't just avoid them by ducking into a store sometimes. DL I don't think was meant to be enjoyed at these high capacities. And the rising costs of APs and Hoppers aren't helping the magical experience any. DL is small with barely any room to expand, unless they start buying out the neighbors.

Everytime I've gone to WDW, I don't think I've ever experienced HUGE crowds. Probably because there's a lot of room. I've been to MK on 4th of July once, and yes that was a mistake. But the rest of times I've been, they only thing I've had to complain about is the weather.

My AP to DL has expired and I don't think I will be renewing this year, but I will be going to WDW next year, possibly twice, and if so, the AP to WDW would pay for itself.

So I would say, the mindset of regular WDW goer isn't without warrant. 5 years ago I would have defended DL and say that "they're completely different experiences". Because I haven't had a "magical experience" in a while at DL, and don't remember a time when I last enjoyed DL because of the crowds, the rising costs, the wait times to my favorite rides never being tolerable, and WDW seems to be a good trip every time I go, WDW is looking better to me right now. I'm not saying that my mind never changes, but WDW is winning me over right now.

The one thing that DL has been holding onto is that it was the original park that Walt himself opened. While this is true, and no other park will have this blessing, I feel like the millions of people who walk through the gates don't even care/know anyway. "Happiest Place on Earth" is becoming becoming false advertising.
Bigger isn't better. It's just bigger. Whether it's actually better depends on the case-by-case details. The problem is most people simply assume bigger is better. That's why WDW vets who haven't been to DLR just assume WDW is better.

I've read posts from CMs several times that say the magic of visiting DL started wearing thin after they got hired and started working there. You say in your post that you've lost the DL magic in the past few years, which is also the time frame in which you became a CM. You're not a CM at WDW, though, and you still feel the magic there. Just something to think about.

Also, WDW does get crowded. DHS crowds easily, and MK has its DL-like crowding moments, too. Especially Fantasyland and the west side of the park.
__________________
WDW 1973 Poly | WDW Jul 1977 offsite | DLR Jul 1988 offsite | DLP Apr 2000 offsite | DLR Apr 2002 PPH | DLR Sep 2002 HoJo | DLR Dec 2002 HoJo (HolidayTime!) | DLR Apr 2003 HoJo | DLR Dec 2005 HoJo | DLR Mar 2013 HoJo | WDW May 2013 Pop | DLR Oct 2013 HoJo (HalloweenTime!) | DLR Aug 2014 GCH | DLR Sep 2014 DLH for the first time! (HalloweenTime!) | DLR Dec 2014 TBD (HolidayTime!) | Moving to L.A. 2015!
mikedoyleblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:03 AM   #50
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran
 
juliebug1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 5,253

First off, in defense of Red Lobster: cheddar bay biscuits. That is all.

I have been to WDW nine times and our tenth trip is coming up fast. If you read my ticker, you know that I have been going through chemo. We went to DL just after I found out about my cancer--two weeks. We were going to escape for a little while. We had some great moments: Minnie's breakfast our first morning, Goofy's Kitchen, Blue Bayou, the Haunted Mansion, the Halloween Party (although I was sad that it didn't have the Headless Horseman like they do at WDW), the theming at Carsland (absolutely beautiful!!!!!) and a few others that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

However, I didn't feel like the CMs engaged the visitors like they do at WDW. We were celebrating five years since we first met. I don't know that anyone outside of the restaurant CMs said anything to us, whereas, in Florida, we would get it even from other guests. Also, I had heard it described as a local's park and I got that feeling, though I can't really do it justice by trying to describe it. I just felt like I was intruding on their special place. Try though we might, we made efforts to ride the classic rides, but no FP for Peter Pan and an almost hour and a half wait even on a Monday meant we didn't get a chance to ride it. IASW also had extremely long lines--stretched near to where the princesses were--and then they closed it down for the Christmas overlay. Over at DCA, it was the same thing. No FP for TSMM, multiple hour waits for both rides in Carsland; in the end, because I cannot do thrill rides, I think we only rode the Little Mermaid ride at DCA, but, boy, was it beautiful.

I read this board, I read books, I did my research and I still felt unprepared. In spite of the differences in our experiences between the two parks, DH and I are talking about going during February in 2015 during a quieter time (who knew that October was going to be so stinking busy?) in order to try it again. I want to like it--I love Disney. I love meeting the characters, we have Disney trinkets every where in our house, I make sure we buy all the movies. Heck, we don't even have kids and we braved the crowds for "Monsters U" on opening night, when we normally would have waited until Sunday morning while everyone else was at church. I hope to some day visit the other Disney parks in other countries so that I can say I've been to all of them.
__________________

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #51
carissa1970
DIS Veteran
 
carissa1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
First off, in defense of Red Lobster: cheddar bay biscuits. That is all.

I have been to WDW nine times and our tenth trip is coming up fast. If you read my ticker, you know that I have been going through chemo. We went to DL just after I found out about my cancer--two weeks. We were going to escape for a little while. We had some great moments: Minnie's breakfast our first morning, Goofy's Kitchen, Blue Bayou, the Haunted Mansion, the Halloween Party (although I was sad that it didn't have the Headless Horseman like they do at WDW), the theming at Carsland (absolutely beautiful!!!!!) and a few others that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

However, I didn't feel like the CMs engaged the visitors like they do at WDW. We were celebrating five years since we first met. I don't know that anyone outside of the restaurant CMs said anything to us, whereas, in Florida, we would get it even from other guests. Also, I had heard it described as a local's park and I got that feeling, though I can't really do it justice by trying to describe it. I just felt like I was intruding on their special place. Try though we might, we made efforts to ride the classic rides, but no FP for Peter Pan and an almost hour and a half wait even on a Monday meant we didn't get a chance to ride it. IASW also had extremely long lines--stretched near to where the princesses were--and then they closed it down for the Christmas overlay. Over at DCA, it was the same thing. No FP for TSMM, multiple hour waits for both rides in Carsland; in the end, because I cannot do thrill rides, I think we only rode the Little Mermaid ride at DCA, but, boy, was it beautiful.

I read this board, I read books, I did my research and I still felt unprepared. In spite of the differences in our experiences between the two parks, DH and I are talking about going during February in 2015 during a quieter time (who knew that October was going to be so stinking busy?) in order to try it again. I want to like it--I love Disney. I love meeting the characters, we have Disney trinkets every where in our house, I make sure we buy all the movies. Heck, we don't even have kids and we braved the crowds for "Monsters U" on opening night, when we normally would have waited until Sunday morning while everyone else was at church. I hope to some day visit the other Disney parks in other countries so that I can say I've been to all of them.
This is very interesting to me, because we've grown up DL, never been to WDW. I cannot wait to see the magic, as people describe it. I think you described DL exactly as it is, but I've never known any different.

Stay strong with your chemo! Sorry to hear you are dealing with that.

carissa1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #52
katrina1122
Just another Blonde moment in my life. Yay me.
 
katrina1122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,400

I LOVE WDW!!! I don't know how anyone could not, lol.

I did DL one day back in 98 before CA and swore I'd never return. It was a cloudy, chilly day in March and the lines were insane. I kept complaining about having to wait for everything and more than 1 cm told me they were at the lowest capacity they'd been at in months I had this unending desire to whip out my park hopper and head to Epcot or MGM (DHS now) AK wasn't open yet. The friend I was with is also a WDW fan and felt the same way. There were certain rides I loved that you don't get at WDW, but otherwise I just wanted to be 'home'.

Jumping to now, I'm ready to give DL another go. With CA I feel like things might not feel so claustrophobic to me. We are going for 3 days this coming Nov. I'm going in with an open mind. I want to love DL. Our airfare from Philly to LA is cheaper than Philly to Orlando, so it's quite possible we'd make that trek again. We are super excited to be going , dh has never been to DL and other than my 1 day neither have I.

From an overall east coast living perspective WDW has a bigger following because it's here and, in general, cheaper to go to, and why spend more for less parks? We love the bus system, we've met some super cool people on the buses. We love the total Disney 24 hour immersion at WDW. We love stopping in the gift shop on our way back to our room and the cm's coming up to us to trade pins because they remember us from the night before. We love all the watersports, mini golf, waterparks even if we don't use them on a particular trip...it's that they are there and you aren't seeing outside stuff. We love most of the WDW restaurants..Boma, Kona Café, Crystal Palace, Tusker House, Biergarten, Brown Derby. I could go on. I have no need to eat offsite and have no want to see an ihop or red lobster (I can see them at home). Immersion and size. This is why WDW has a more loved, it's better than DL ideal attached to it. Especially by East Coasters. Does it mean that it is? That's only in the eyes of the beholder. Until we found cheaper airfare to the west coast we drove or flew to Orlando it just made more sense. I believe this is what most people do.
__________________
WDW 1976 day tripsWDW 1983 Idrive HotelWDW 1988 Band Trip, stayed in DaytonaWDW 1994 Idrive hotelWDW 1997 Wildnerness LodgeWDW 1998 Boardwalk VillasDL 1998 Offsite
WDW 1999 Best Western, just went to DTD WDW Jan 2004 Pop Century & Animal Kingdom LodgeWDW Feb 2008 Pop Century WDW Nov 2012 POFQ F&WF, MNSSHP & MVMCP!
March 2013 POFQ/AKL Kidani & RCCL Freedom of the Seas Nov 2013 Queen Mary & Disneyland
katrina1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #53
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 29,936

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
First off, in defense of Red Lobster: cheddar bay biscuits. That is all.

I have been to WDW nine times and our tenth trip is coming up fast. If you read my ticker, you know that I have been going through chemo. We went to DL just after I found out about my cancer--two weeks. We were going to escape for a little while. We had some great moments: Minnie's breakfast our first morning, Goofy's Kitchen, Blue Bayou, the Haunted Mansion, the Halloween Party (although I was sad that it didn't have the Headless Horseman like they do at WDW), the theming at Carsland (absolutely beautiful!!!!!) and a few others that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

However, I didn't feel like the CMs engaged the visitors like they do at WDW. We were celebrating five years since we first met. I don't know that anyone outside of the restaurant CMs said anything to us, whereas, in Florida, we would get it even from other guests. Also, I had heard it described as a local's park and I got that feeling, though I can't really do it justice by trying to describe it. I just felt like I was intruding on their special place. Try though we might, we made efforts to ride the classic rides, but no FP for Peter Pan and an almost hour and a half wait even on a Monday meant we didn't get a chance to ride it. IASW also had extremely long lines--stretched near to where the princesses were--and then they closed it down for the Christmas overlay. Over at DCA, it was the same thing. No FP for TSMM, multiple hour waits for both rides in Carsland; in the end, because I cannot do thrill rides, I think we only rode the Little Mermaid ride at DCA, but, boy, was it beautiful.

I read this board, I read books, I did my research and I still felt unprepared. In spite of the differences in our experiences between the two parks, DH and I are talking about going during February in 2015 during a quieter time (who knew that October was going to be so stinking busy?) in order to try it again. I want to like it--I love Disney. I love meeting the characters, we have Disney trinkets every where in our house, I make sure we buy all the movies. Heck, we don't even have kids and we braved the crowds for "Monsters U" on opening night, when we normally would have waited until Sunday morning while everyone else was at church. I hope to some day visit the other Disney parks in other countries so that I can say I've been to all of them.
I think you summed that up nicely Julie. I sure hope that your cancer treatment has been successful.

I'm certainly no DL expert. We went in 05, 06, 07 and 2010 (for brief visits). We are planning to visit again this December. But I'm really nervous about putting all of my Disney eggs into this one basket for the year. (But I don't want to be at WDW for the rollout of FP+ either, so I'm a little lacking for options). But I noticed a huge difference in 2010 from our previous visits. The huge crowds really did mess with the magic for me. We didn't lack for attraction access, as we do get to enjoy the headliners. And we did the volunteer promotion that year so had lots of extra fastpasses. But just the sheer volume of people really changed the feel. We showed up more than 2 hours early for the fireworks and the hub was already packed. After our experience that night we didn't even attempt Fantasmic. It just seems that the parks are their local hangout. And since they've done it all so many times, it's no biggie to wait 3 or 4 hours for Fantasmic or a couple hours for a ride. Well, that makes it really hard for someone who has to do it that night or not at all. I have a lot of ambition and drive to "do it all" at Disney. But those crowds have me wanting to throw in the towel sometimes.

Sadly, if we don't find the crowds more manageable this year, it will likely be a very long time before we try again. We're giving it our best try though. We're going early December when we HOPE to find lower crowds. We're staying longer so we can maybe enjoy more early mornings. (Although they are trying VERY hard to keep me from this plan by not selling greater than a 5 day ticket). But I'm still nervous about whether it really has just hit the point of no return and work for us again.

That's not to say that WDW is necessarily much better though. I do think it's getting harder and harder to find low crowd times of the year. And with the addition of FP+, access to headliner rides could be curtailed, all (in my opinion) in the name of making them more available to the additional crowds they hope are coming through the gates right behind us.

So I'm in my cautionary stage with Disney. I'm not ready to give up, but for the first time ever I have put it on the table as a possibility. I do think I'm closer to giving up on DLR, but WDW could jump ahead of them in line depending on how FP+ pans out.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:46 PM   #54
Dolf
Earning My Ears
 
Dolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Posts: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoyleblogger View Post

Bigger isn't better. It's just bigger. Whether it's actually better depends on the case-by-case details. The problem is most people simply assume bigger is better. That's why WDW vets who haven't been to DLR just assume WDW is better.

I've read posts from CMs several times that say the magic of visiting DL started wearing thin after they got hired and started working there. You say in your post that you've lost the DL magic in the past few years, which is also the time frame in which you became a CM. You're not a CM at WDW, though, and you still feel the magic there. Just something to think about.

Also, WDW does get crowded. DHS crowds easily, and MK has its DL-like crowding moments, too. Especially Fantasyland and the west side of the park.
I agree that bigger isn't always better. And I'm really just addressing the OP question of why WDW vets assume WDW is better than DLR. Very most likely, they haven't been to DLR.

I actually haven't been a CM since 2004. Yes the magic wears off a little when you work for DLR. When CMs close that chapter in their lives though and revisit DL, the magic actually re-appears. My thing is that with the opening of CL, the crowds, and only being able to go on 5 rides in one day. It used to be easier to do both parks in one day, not absolutely everything, but enough that I felt my visit there was worth it.

While bigger isn't better, I can't foresee DL being able to fix the crowds problem and the wait times. They certainly can't expand the park. The only solution is to start raising prices so everyone doesn't go frequently (I know no one wants this). DLR experiences right now are not fun right now, not compared to as little as 2 years ago. Someone mentioned that the CMs is WDW were more friendlier than in the DLR. 2 years ago I would have disagreed. The DLR CMs now look tired and worn out, and they sort of don't want to be there or talk to you. Not saying that they're rude and tell off guests, but they actually do a lot for close to minimum wage, and that wears on you. I think DLR CMs are what have made DLR great. In the past, I found DLR CMs were always better than WDW CMs. I'm not sure if that's really the case now.
Dolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #55
AddictedtoDoleWhip
Mouseketeer
 
AddictedtoDoleWhip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 410

I hope they raise prices, I mean it sucks but if it cuts down on people coming to DLR, that's fine by me.. I know that sounds mean but the less people in the park the better. I don't really compare the two and I've been to WDW and while things are not as crowded feeling it is still pretty bad (I mean really, the waits at WDW are much worse imo: 120+ minutes for TSMM? That ride is not worth it.. even in the slightest), 100 minutes for TOT? 90+ for that Aerosmith roller coaster?) Don't even get me started on the wait time for Buzz Lightyear at WDW [it's never that long at DLR, it was always 40 minutes.. like really WDW?] Yeah I know they are long because HS doesn't have that many rides but the waits at the other parks weren't justifiable either. I also feel like there is a mad rush to get FP there compared to DLR. They aren't really necessary at DLR unless it's like RSR, SM, Splash Mountain or Indiana Jones. I found the visitors at WDW were much ruder, and less happy. I don't really notice the visitors at DLR because most of the time it's locals but when I ran into people who were visiting they were nice, I talked to quite a few people while in line.

Yeah the Sleeping Beauty Castle is smaller, but er, it's TRUE to the film. Where Cinderella's castle at WDW is true to the film as well. I mean yeah, woohoo.. Cinderella's castle is bigger, but I wasn't that impressed with it. It was pretty, but I still prefer the small castle.

It's a hit or a miss with CMs at DLR and at WDW. I had some great ones at WDW and some awful ones that I thought shouldn't work there. I got some great ones at DLR and some not so great ones.. it depends on the day and who you run into.

The weather at DLR is much much nicer, though I enjoyed the rain I got at WDW (i love rain, not so much thunder and lightning though.) CA doesn't get a lot of thunder storms, at least Anaheim doesn't. It's rarely humid here (it does get humid contrary to what people say, it can get extremely humid but it's rare.) The only time I do not like the weather at DLR is during the summer when it's 100+ degrees out, which has happened. Hot is hot, regardless of humidity lol.

Still prefer DLR to WDW, I was so disappointed in MK when I went to WDW. It was a total knock off of DLR. Couldn't they do something different? It was too similar to me... the only reason I would go to MK now is to go to the Starbucks inside the park even though CA already has one of those just in DCA. I much prefer Epcot, AK and HS. I think if DLR had the Epcot that it was supposed to get and AK I would never go to WDW.
AddictedtoDoleWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #56
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran
 
juliebug1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 5,253

Carissa and Mom,
I did have a slight set back with two sessions left, but I have been given permission to take the last two next month. I have to take another drug for another year, but it's not chemo. We'll be fine and we're ready for normal to come back! Thanks for your positive comments.

Mom,
I was reading about the FP+ and it made my head hurt. There's not a whole lot we like at DHS. I would just want three FPs for TSMM. Plus, everything said resort guests or AP holders. What about those who are neither? Ugh.
__________________

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #57
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 29,936

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
Carissa and Mom,
I did have a slight set back with two sessions left, but I have been given permission to take the last two next month. I have to take another drug for another year, but it's not chemo. We'll be fine and we're ready for normal to come back! Thanks for your positive comments.

Mom,
I was reading about the FP+ and it made my head hurt. There's not a whole lot we like at DHS. I would just want three FPs for TSMM. Plus, everything said resort guests or AP holders. What about those who are neither? Ugh.
I'll pray that this other drug does the trick and you can put all of this behind you very soon.

I kind of sway back and forth between my head hurting on FP+ and just being genuinely interested in the whole thing as sort of an experiment in product development. I still am not convinced they can pull it off on the grand scale they have in mind, but who knows.

Every indication so far is that offsite guests will be able to use FP+ as well. But it appears likely that resort guests will get to book 10 days of their trip 60 days out (similar to ADRs). And it remains to be seen whether that will be a huge issue. It probably will be for TSMM and the dwarf train when it opens. But every indication so far is no duplicates. Which is crazy, because I would totally trade you a couple TSMMs for a couple RnRs. Why have both of us unhappy? Stay tuned. Much to come......
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.