Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
NCprincess
Earning My Ears

How comfortable are sofa beds at deluxe hotels?

My husband and I are considering sharing the expense of a one bedroom with my parents. We would sleep on the sofa bed, of course, letting my parents have the "real" bed. Any comments to share about how tolerably comfortable the sofa beds are at deluxe hotels?

2009 - Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside)
2009, 2008, 2007 - Disneyland (offsite)
2005 - Disney World (All-Star Music) - 1st trip w/DH...he's hooked!
2001, 1997, 1986, 1981, 1979, 1977, 1972 - Disney World (offsite)
NCprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
reddfrogg
Earning My Ears

Not that comfortable!!

We always have the bedroom, but everyone who has come with us has said not comfortable!!!
reddfrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
Dis703
DIS Veteran

I haven't slept in a sofa bed but honestly having just returned from a stay at the BC I found the regular bed to be quite uncomfortable. The bed itself and majority of pillows were quite hard. So given that I probably wouldn't hold out much hope for the sofa bed to be any better.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #4
StephyDee
One day the tag fairy will pity me enough to give me an awesome tag. Until then?.....BACON AND DUCKS! >:D

This might just be my experience, but when my mom and I stayed at SSR back in 2010, I let her have the bed, while I slept on the sofa bed. I personally liked it. I didn't give me backaches, I never had trouble sleeping (then again WDW makes you exhausted at the end of the day ), and it was comfortable. I guess it just depends on the person when it comes down to it.

Dunno if it matters which resort you stay at, whether one has better sofa beds or not, so if anyone has more info, that'd be lovely.

EDIT: Would also like to mention that my brother and his family are part of DVC, and with 3 kids, one of them about to turn 13, she usually gets the sofa bed in the sleeping arrangements. She's never complained about it. Yes yes, she's a kid at Disney, so that would have her not care so much, but she's one to point out that sorta thing if it bothers her, even at the happiest place on earth. )

My Ultimate Dream: To see Walt Disney World during Christmas time...and not worry about how much it costs to reach that dream...*sigh*

Last edited by StephyDee; 05-26-2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: added info
StephyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I own DVC. No adults have ever said they were comfortable. In fact, one year on a girls only trip, my best friend said it was so bad (at BCV) that next time she would pay for her own room before she would sleep on the sofa bed in a free room again!
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
DisneyDorx
Welcome to the Dork Side!!!

Put the parents on the sofa bed!!! Then close it up while they're sleeping!! When they start yelling just tell them you're being Goofy!! Just kidding...
DisneyDorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #7
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCprincess View Post
My husband and I are considering sharing the expense of a one bedroom with my parents. We would sleep on the sofa bed, of course, letting my parents have the "real" bed. Any comments to share about how tolerably comfortable the sofa beds are at deluxe hotels?
I usually sleep on the sofa bed at the BW and it's always been fine for me. It's a "soft" mattress, but I didn't end up with a back ache in the morning. The biggest drawback is that it's hard to get in and out of because of the side bars. The frame has a few spots where you can slip in and out without hitting the bar. Don't just randomly sit down on the side!

I would add that I had a tendency to "roll" into the middle of the bed. I would guess that two adults sleeping in the bed would most likely end up rolling towards each other during the night.

Last edited by figment_jii; 05-27-2013 at 02:52 AM.
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #8
StephyDee
One day the tag fairy will pity me enough to give me an awesome tag. Until then?.....BACON AND DUCKS! >:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDorx View Post
Put the parents on the sofa bed!!! Then close it up while they're sleeping!! When they start yelling just tell them you're being Goofy!! Just kidding...
A whole scenario popped up in my head when I read this.

EDIT: Looking back, this was a bit harsh. Now that I've taken my nighttime shower, I have seen the light lol. Sorry if my reaction to this post offended the OP or any others! Didn't realize I was answering to a supposed troll.

My Ultimate Dream: To see Walt Disney World during Christmas time...and not worry about how much it costs to reach that dream...*sigh*

Last edited by StephyDee; 05-27-2013 at 02:35 AM. Reason: at last I've seen the light. :S
StephyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:11 AM   #9
DisneyDorx
Welcome to the Dork Side!!!

Lol...
DisneyDorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #10
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Slept in them twice and if you like a bed with NO support then you will be fine, for me it was not comfortable at all. I would suggest bringing an air mattress.

DW DH DD(10) DD(5)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(4), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:06 AM   #11
jfk4
Earning My Ears

I tried sleeping on one at the Wilderness Lodge and found it unbearable. There was a support bar that ran across the bed frame that put pressure on my lower spine when I attempted to sleep on it. I ended up pulling the mattress off of the frame and sleeping on the floor. The mattress wasn't really long enough for me to stretch out. I'm a pretty big guy, though (6'3", 215 lbs), though, so others might have better experiences with them.

If you can afford an alternative arrangement, I'd recommend avoiding them.
jfk4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: