Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
PrinceCharming28
Earning My Ears

Smile How do you express your love for Disney at home?

What things do you do at home to feel that Disney magic? I listen to the Disneyland soundtrack, watch videos of attractions on YouTube and draw Disney characters. What are some other ideas?
PrinceCharming28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #2
ToyStory Fan
Space Ranger

Disney Magic at home

We have a Disney themed item (or several) in every room of the house.
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
KristaTX
♥DIS Veteran♥
I never knew that Fruit of the Looms were souvenirs from my state

-I listen to a LOT of Disney music from the parks.

-I have a digital photo frame that I leave on most of the time that has photos from many of our trips.

-I have framed photos (mostly black-and-white but a few color) that I have in various places on my walls throughout the house. Many of them you'd have to be a Disney park fan to even know they were taken there. I don't really go for the obvious or over-the-top Disney decor, but that's fine if someone else wants to do that.

-I use things like Facebook to keep up with my real-life "Disney" friends that I have met mostly because of the DIS. Some of my closest friends are people I've met from here. We get together in person as often as possible either in our individual states, or at the parks. And we keep up with each other's trips by posting pictures and such.

-I also use Facebook to keep up with various Disney sites. I have a pretty constant stream of park information, pictures, etc. coming in through there.

-I listen to the the DIS podcast on occasion.

-I usually have a trip (or SOME trips) in the works that I can anticipate and do some planning on.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #4
KristaTX
♥DIS Veteran♥

This is a good place to listen to park stuff: http://www.d-cot.com/
Old 05-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #5
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

We have pictures of our Disney trips all over the house, as well as different Disney souvenirs in various rooms. Our guest bathroom is all Mickey. Whenever I am cleaning, I tend to put on music from the parks (the Adventureland area loop is my default). My ringtone is Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow. We will have Disney-themed meals every few weeks where we have meals from the parks (Kjottkake, Bavarian cheesecake, beer cheese soup and pretzel bread, etc.). It is also common from my husband and me to ask each other, "Where were you today?" Then, we say which park we feel we would have gone to had we been in WDW that day.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

My DH & I listen to WDW podcasts when we are out & about on weekends. My favorites are Disney Food Blog, Be Our Guest, & the one with Jim Hill (the name of it is escaping me). I also really like the one about DFT Weddings.

We also have some subtle touches around our house. A Polynesian print in our bathroom that we purchased on our honeymoon (stayed at the Poly), a Snow White limited edition cast members print in our baby's nursery, a Jim Shore figurine displayed in our den, our Mickey/Minnie cake topper from our wedding & also a glass Mickey vase displayed in our dining room.

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #7
SleepyMom
DIS Veteran

I use one of our refillable resort mugs every morning for breakfast, and I also make "Mickey" toast with a little item I bought in WDW.

My car has Disney plates.

I have a Disney countdown calendar that DD made for me sitting on the computer desk.

Otherwise you don't see much in our house for Disney stuff... until you go down to the basement where we have our Disney room! 100% Disney there!!! The walls are yellow and red, with a Mickey wallpaper border and the furniture is all black. It is my favorite room in the house! The only problem with the room is it is a little small for everything we have in there... when we built it 5 years ago it was perfect, but since then we have had 5 more trips to add stuff

NEXT UP... Moving youngest DD to WDW for her DCP, August 2014!!! January 2014 - 15 people seeing the World! Jan 2013 ~ Birthday trip for DD Oct 2011 ~ Mother/youngest DD, DSisIL & DNiece Jan 2011 ~ Mother/oldest DD trip May 2010 ~ Surprise Trip!!!
February 2009 ~ Girls Trip ~ SIL, DNiece, 2DD's and me! 10/07 Our family of 4 and Brothers family of 5 6/05 Family trip - DL & DCA
11/04 Mother/youngest Daughter trip - WDW 9/02 Family trip - US/IOA, SW & DC, WDW 12/99 Family trip - WDW & SW
7/91 First Family trip - DL
SleepyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

We got married at Disney, so all I have to do is look at our wedding photos!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #9
KristaTX
♥DIS Veteran♥

Oh yeah! We use cups from our refillable mug collection every day, too, and we don't even have kids. They keep our water cold and our kitty out of our drinks.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #10
runsandjumps
DIS Veteran

I drive with my Disney stuff- steering wheel cover and keychain. I try to limit myself- otherwise I would get depressed.
runsandjumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:58 AM   #11
Thori

Earning My Ears

Lol, we're dorky and make hidden Mickeys whenever inspiration hits. Today was with the breakfast pancakes :P
Old 05-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #12
swandiverpatt
DIS Veteran

Monday through Friday, I get up at 6:20 and drive 35 minutes into work.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #13
Mickey'sMainMami
I love playing video games!!
I also love playing with my nephew's toys!

I listen to Sorcerer Radio which plays ride and park music and of course visit the Dis and read trip reports.
Mickey'sMainMami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #14
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

We listen to the Disney World and Disneyland parks music. My kiddos love to guess which attraction and/or ride it is. We also do Movie night which is usually a Disney movie but we have yet to be as creative as some of the ones I've seen on here. I have to update my bucket list after seeing some of those.

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: