Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #1
kp22090
"I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained." -Walt Disney

2014 Bookings?

Hello everyone, I've been checking Disney's website pretty often with hopes of being able to see room availability for January 2014 travel. They currently do not let you book travel for 2014 yet...

Is there a thread already in existence where users are checking-in and posting periodically about when they check for travel dates in 2014?
"But the most exciting and by far the most important part of our Florida Project...in fact, the heart of everything we'll be doing in Disney World...will be our Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow! We call it EPCOT."

kp22090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp22090
Hello everyone, I've been checking Disney's website pretty often with hopes of being able to see room availability for January 2014 travel. They currently do not let you book travel for 2014 yet...

Is there a thread already in existence where users are checking-in and posting periodically about when they check for travel dates in 2014?
You can book room only up to 499 days out. You will be quoted the highest rack rate for that season until the package rates are released. The deposit is the first night only.

When the rates are released, you can convert to a package. Usually it is in August, but it is getting earlier every year. TA's have reported on this thread it will be as early as next month.

You convert to a package, get a refund for your room only and leave a deposit for $200.00 with a new confirmation number.

&ou can b

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Disney historically releases the rates for the next year in August. However, the last couple of years they have releases them in late June or early July. You can book a room only now for 2014 by calling. You will be charged one night at the current rate and will be adjusted as the new rates come out.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #4
kp22090
"I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something than educate people and hope they were entertained." -Walt Disney

Thanks for the info! I've always booked within a 2-3 month window, but having a full-time job now requires me to plan ahead for vacation time
"But the most exciting and by far the most important part of our Florida Project...in fact, the heart of everything we'll be doing in Disney World...will be our Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow! We call it EPCOT."

kp22090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #5
katiee37
DIS Veteran

Good to know, thanks! I got worried thinking all of the rooms were already booked for January at the resorts I like and I was confused how early January was already fully booked.
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: