Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
Nixie
DIS Veteran

Beach Club or Poly?

We are currently booked at the Beach Club, but have been offered an "upgrade" to the Poly for $300 more. We are a family of 6. We have never stayed at a deluxe before. This is probably our last shot at being able to stay at a deluxe since our little one is turning 3 soon. Next trip will probably be at Fort Wilderness in our camper. Beach Club or the Poly? Which one would you choose and why? Our dates are Oct 13 - 19th if that makes any difference.

Nixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
MissionMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
We are currently booked at the Beach Club, but have been offered an "upgrade" to the Poly for $300 more. We are a family of 6. We have never stayed at a deluxe before. This is probably our last shot at being able to stay at a deluxe since our little one is turning 3 soon. Next trip will probably be at Fort Wilderness in our camper. Beach Club or the Poly? Which one would you choose and why? Our dates are Oct 13 - 19th if that makes any difference.
So what are the room details of each resort?

Disney World - Magic Kingdom Entrance - Walk Around The World Brick Owner
Boardwalk Inn Photos
Typhoon Lagoon Photos
Wishes-Fireworks from PR & MK Photo Album - 30 Photos
Sea World and Marriott Rennaissance SW - Photo Album - 40+ Photos
Disney World Park and Deluxe Resort Photographs
MissionMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

It really depends on what you want out of the vacation. This year we picked the BC because we wanted to have walking distance to two parks, plus have SAB for the kids. The BC has an onsite fitness center, and there are several hot tubs throughout the resort complex. I liked that the shops and restaurants are within the building.

The Poly would probably been higher on my list if my kids were a little younger (they are 12, 9, and 8 on our upcoming trip), due to the proximity to the MK, and also because the volcano pool is quite small and it's easy to keep up with little kids there.

AliceIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Hard question but the good part is you can't go wrong with either choice. The bc is nice and close to Epcot, and sab will keep the kids busy and having fun. The poly is close to the mk which is a kid favorite park and the pool and beach are great. I love both, but I think I love the poly a smidge more. Look at pics of both on line and see which appeals to you more. Also the poly is under going a refurb right now, so you might get a new room, but there is construction there also. Just something to think about. Have fun!

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceIn View Post
It really depends on what you want out of the vacation. This year we picked the BC because we wanted to have walking distance to two parks, plus have SAB for the kids. The BC has an onsite fitness center, and there are several hot tubs throughout the resort complex. I liked that the shops and restaurants are within the building.

The Poly would probably been higher on my list if my kids were a little younger (they are 12, 9, and 8 on our upcoming trip), due to the proximity to the MK, and also because the volcano pool is quite small and it's easy to keep up with little kids there.
I couldn't agree more. For us (35 years old couple- no kids yet) Beach Club would be my pick. The pool is also phenomenal, but with kids i might pick Poly as the MK buses at BC are horrible and if you are going to spend a lot of time there then that wins because of the monorail/boat access and dining options.

Last edited by pixie08; 05-27-2013 at 12:26 PM.
pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #6
karly05
DIS Veteran

I'm guessing at your circumstances going by the ages of your kids in your sig, but if I were you, I'd go Poly. You'll probably be going to the MK a lot, and it's great to have the monorail and boat access. You can also catch the monorail at the TTC to go to Epcot. I think quick service/counter service food options are better at the monorail resorts; BC/YC/Boardwalk don't have a lot in that regard.

Personally, I love BC, I love the walk to Epcot and the boat ride to DHS. I always have park hoppers and like eating at Epcot and spending afternoon/evening hours there. BC vs Poly is a nice dilemma to have, but if I had a family with younger kids, I'd vote Poly.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: