Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #1
missnic07
DIS Veteran

BC or CSR??

I know it probably seems like a no brainier! I've had my heart set on CSR for the last few weeks, but was just looking on the disney site and for an extra £1000, I could book BC.
I could afford it, but is BC really THAT much better?
For some reason I'm imagining that the pool area will be much more crowded than the one at CSR.
The close proximity to Epcot does sound good tho..
Ahh someone help lol. I'm not going until August 2014, but need to book before July to get the free dining and $200 gift card.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Yes,yes,yes! It's totally worth every penny. You would be happy at CSR, but SAB in the summer.

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
pamkat1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 09:44 AM   #3
missnic07
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamkat1820 View Post
Yes,yes,yes! It's totally worth every penny. You would be happy at CSR, but SAB in the summer.
Thank you! How do the buses run at BC? I've been following the CSR thread and people say they have a great bus system.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:59 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missnic07 View Post
How do the buses run at BC? I've been following the CSR thread and people say they have a great bus system.
The buses at BC (IMO) are hit or miss. Some people have reported having long waits/crowded buses that share with all 5 resorts when going to MK, AK, & DTD, while others have reported the buses servicing only YC/BC. In my opinion, you won't really know the bus situation until you're actually there. With that said, if the extra cost is doable, I'd go with the BC over CSR. We've never stayed at CSR but have stayed at one mod and while we had a great stay, there's really nothing like the deluxe resorts (at least for us). Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #5
kapoof
DIS Veteran

We loved our stay at the bc. The bus ride to mk was long and not so great, but being able to walk to Epcot and dhs really made up for it. I haven't stayed at csr but if I did do a mod I think that would be the one. It does have 4 internal bus stops though, so it kinda compares to the bc and the Epcot area bus stops.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
saskdw
DIS Veteran

I'll chime in here because we thought long and hard about these same two resorts last trip to WDW.

We were staying 14 nights, so the extra cost per night adds up when you multiply by 14. I believe the number was about $3300 more to stay at a standard room at BC over a waterview room at CSR. We had stayed at CSR previously and loved it. It really is almost a Deluxe at the Mod price. It has Deluxe type amentites such as Fitness center, Spa, Salon, Sauna, Nightclub style lounge. Pool is probably the second nicest at WDW next to BC. It has the longest slide and largest Hot tub.

Having said that I really love the Epcot/Boardwalk location. I would love to be a few mins walk from Epcot, ESPN club, the Boardwalk, Mini-golf and a convienient boat ride to DHS. However I think other than location the BC resort itself is only a "little" nicer, definately not $3300 nicer. So the question was is the location worth $3300 to us? In the end the anwser was no and we had another great stay at CSR.

Also I would point out the CSR has argualbly the best bus service at WDW. Those 4 busstops take at most 5 mins to navigate, its rare to wait more than 10 mins to get on a bus and becasue of the central location the travel times once you leave property are very short. BC is extremely convienient for Epcot/DHS, but the bus service to AK/MK would be twice the overall time.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #7
missnic07
DIS Veteran

I think CSR is the resort for us. Thank you for the replies

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: