Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #1
Dani C
DIS Veteran

Question Fantasmic Dinner Package with Deluxe Dining Plan

Does anyone have knowledge on how this works?

The Fantasmic package indicates that it includes the entree, dessert and beverage, however the deluxe dining plan also includes an appetizer at lunch or dinner. Do they differentiate at the restaurant based upon the type of dining plan or do persons on the deluxe plan lose the appetizer?

Dani C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
jenbelles
Mouseketeer

The package is a set price for all three courses. The only difference I saw when we are the DxDP was that the fantasmic package comes with a dessert sampler instead of allowing you a choice of dessert.
jenbelles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 01:59 AM   #3
purple figment
DIS Veteran

The Fantasmic! Dining Package is a fixed price meal that includes a ticket to the first showing of F! for that evening. It is 1 TS dining credit at Mama Melrose and Hollywood & Vine, 2 TS at Hollywood Brown Derby.

At MM and HBD all the adults get an appetizer, entree, dessert and fountain beverage regardless of whether one is on the regular DDP or the DxDDP. If Disney suddenly dropped the app entitlement, people doing the F!DP would have been quick to post about it here on the boards and that hasn't happened.

H&V is a buffet. At MM and HBD you'll order an app, entree and non-alcoholic fountain beverage from the regular menu. There are no restrictions, other than if there's an item "for 2" then 2 people would have to order it. The PP was at MM where the dessert is a pre-plated dessert sampler served family style for all parties on the F!DP. At HBD you choose a dessert from the menu.

Note - you have to reserve the F!DP specifically. A regular reservation at any of the 3 restaurants won't include the F! ticket.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
NOLA_Tink
NOLA_Tink

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

When we did the F! package on the DxDP at HBD, we were given an app, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage. (I ordered the cobb salad app, steak, grapefruit cake, & coffee.) It was one of our favorite meals & I highly suggest it! Have a great trip!
WDW 1983 • Disneyland 1987 • WDW 1990 • Contemporary Resort 1997 • Dixie Landings (POR) 2000 • Magic Kingdom 2003 • Pop Century 2004 • Easter in WDW 2005 • AS Sports Feb 2006 • ASMusic Family Suite Nov 2006 • AS Sports 2007 • Animal Kingdom Lodge June 2008 • F & W Festival Oct 2008 • Discovery Cove/ ASMoviesDec 2008 • POP March 2009 • Very Merry Un-Unbirthday in Disney July 2009 • Pop Century Dec 2009• Caribbean Beach Resort May 2010 • Polynesian Nov 2010 • Disneyland March 2011 • POP Oct 2011 • The Dolphin May 2012 • Disneyland June 2012 • CBR Oct 2012 • Art of Animation June 2013
NOLA_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
Dani C
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
At MM and HBD all the adults get an appetizer, entree, dessert and fountain beverage regardless of whether one is on the regular DDP or the DxDDP. If Disney suddenly dropped the app entitlement, people doing the F!DP would have been quick to post about it here on the boards and that hasn't happened.
Thank you everyone. I was reading on the Disney Website and got worried. It totally contradicts this. I am glad to hear that I am not sacrificing my appetizer by getting the package.

FYI, this may come up again as this is quoted direct from the Walt Disney World website:

Feast, Then Fantasmic!
Reserve your VIP spot at this dazzling nighttime spectacular with a dining package at one of 3 restaurants.

Whether you prefer fine dining, casual dining or an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet, you’ll be sure to savor a mouthwatering meal before Fantasmic!, a stunning musical show of colorful waterworks, exciting fireworks and a host of Disney Characters.

Select Your Restaurant and Meal

Dining packages for The Hollywood Brown Derby and Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano are available for lunch or dinner and include one (1):

Entr้e
Dessert
Non-alcoholic beverage
VIP seating voucher

Dining packages for Hollywood & Vine are available for dinner and include one (1):

All-you-care-to-enjoy buffet
VIP seating voucher
Advance reservations for the Fantasmic! Dining Package are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit.

Dani C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
purple figment
DIS Veteran

This omission on the Disney website has been mentioned on the boards and is one of the many mistakes and glitches that have been pointed out. It is so frustrating and causes unnecessary concern for so many people.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:29 AM   #7
SCDizneyDawn
DIS Veteran

You will NOT get your choice of dessert at Mamma Melrose. We cancelled our F! Package due to this. We also had DxDP. I asked a manager a week or so before the reservation and he confirmed that all F! Package meals come with a dessert sampler for the table to share. In the pictures I found online of the sampler, it appeared small for our dessert loving party of 4 adults so I changed our reservation to a normal (not F! Package) one and we saw F! Without the package.
Have fun!
Old 05-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

The above is correct. If you are on the package at Mama Melrose, you do not get your choice of dessert no matter what dining plan you are on. The entire table gets served a "dessert sampler."
Old 05-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #9
Jonathan Swift
I'm being sarcastic...or am I?

I have it scheduled at the Brown Derby and I really want to try the grapefruit cake and cobb salad appetizer. Are these included? (Not on any dining plan.)
Jonathan Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #10
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Swift View Post
I have it scheduled at the Brown Derby and I really want to try the grapefruit cake and cobb salad appetizer. Are these included? (Not on any dining plan.)
Hope this isn't too late...

From what I understand, you can order anything on the menu for app, entree, and dessert at HBD when you get the package, and does not matter how you pay (plan or cash)

I have no first hand experience at this, it's just what I've read. Hopefully someone will come along and correct me, or confirm.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #11
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

The dessert Sampler at MM is delicious and they portion it according to the size of your party. DS20 and I were sharing ours and their was no way we could finish it after our yummy meal! The waiter wanted to know if we wanted more! I assumed he was kidding as we struggling to try to finish it! DS was 5 last time we were there and the sampler was not peanut safe so he got his own ice cream and toppings to add to it. Not sure if kids normally share or not.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSSANDRA View Post
The dessert Sampler at MM is delicious and they portion it according to the size of your party. DS20 and I were sharing ours and their was no way we could finish it after our yummy meal! The waiter wanted to know if we wanted more! I assumed he was kidding as we struggling to try to finish it! DS was 5 last time we were there and the sampler was not peanut safe so he got his own ice cream and toppings to add to it. Not sure if kids normally share or not.
Both my kids had the spaghetti cupcake and the three adults shared the dessert sampler.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #13
sfinogle
Earning My Ears

We are gonna eat there, the food is good? Or should I change it to something else and just wait in line for the fantasmic show?
Old 06-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #14
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfinogle View Post
We are gonna eat there, the food is good? Or should I change it to something else and just wait in line for the fantasmic show?
Which restaurant are you referring to? What would you change it to?

I've never been to mama Melrose, but I've seen mixed reviews. I've been to Brown Derby and loved it. Most would agree Brown Derby has the best food available at Hollywood.

50s Prime Time and Sci Fi, the other 2 TS options, also get mixed reviews.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #15
Fantaluminishes
To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

The only problem I have with this package is the seating for Fantasmic! that comes witht this package. I don't like being on the end of the amphitheater. Sure, it's great for exiting, and not having to stand in line to get in, but the seats suck. When I did this last year, I had lunch at HBD. It was awesome. Then the show was cancelled at the last minute due to a thunder storm (after we got drenched, of course). I went to Guest Relations and got my show rescheduled for the next night, with VIP seating.

The VIP seats are great. I walked right in and was seated moments before the show started. Contrary to advice given to me from these boards, I was able to view Illuminations from the VIP area at the Italy pavillion, exit Epcot from the International Gateway, drive to DHS and get to my VIP seat in time for the 10pm Fantasmic! show.
Fantaluminishes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: