Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #121
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6packdoesdisney View Post
Yeah, they are this big corporation now, but don't forget they started out with just one lil store in Seattle.
I congratulate them on being a lil business with a product that lead them down the road to success.
"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a single shot of espresso."
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #122
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984
We're going to be there in October and one of the things I can't wait for is to have my favorite drink (pumpkin spice latte) in my favorite place on earth (MK)!!
omgosh... me too!! But make mine with soy milk please.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #123
Queen2PrincessG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Good luck with that. If it makes you feel better, I don't drink coffee at all so there isn't any reason for me to patronize the store since they don't have the pastries i used to get there anymore.
I'm oretty sure that the popular pastries will be there still. Nescafe coffee is blah! I would rather have coffee I like than that crude!

Queen2PrincessG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #124
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotix View Post
I really think having a chain coffee provider in the park is an insult to the memories of all the faithful Disney park fans. I have nothing against Starbucks coffee but I do take issue with the way they have been welcomed inside the park. I think it would have--should have been stipulated that their products NOT their brand be implemented inside the park. That said I think we should all boycott the new Starbucks located at the Magic Kingdom.
Umm, no.

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: Disneyland (May 2014) - OKW (Aug 2014) - BLT (Jan 2015)
BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #125
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

For many, many years, all I have drank while at Disney is Mocha. 1/2 coffee and 1/2 hot chocolate with lots of cream. It will be nice to finally have a good cup of coffee.

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #126
AuroraRora
Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a single shot of espresso."
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #127
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan07 View Post
But this is what I dont understand....WHAT did they take away?

Its still Main Street Bakery. Thats still the name of it and if its like the one in California Adventure it will still look like it belongs on Main Street. They just happen to be selling Starbucks coffee and some starbucks food. But if its like the one in DCA, 2/3 of what is sold will still be Disney products.

Its a Disney shop...selling starbucks coffee. How is that any different than before when it was a Disney shop...selling Nestle Coffee?
If this is the case then I really don't mind it. I thought that the location would say "Starbucks" outside instead of the Mainstreet Bakery. That is what a lot of people have been saying and in that case I could understand people feeling like the magic of the parks is being ruined, but if all it is is that they are selling Starbucks coffee inside the Mainstreet Bakery then I really don't see the big deal. Thank you for your input.

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #128
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There IS a Starbucks sign outside. It hangs beneath the "awning" area at the entranceway. It is brown, not green. But the name of the shop will continue to be Main Street Bakery.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #129
InNeverlandWithPan
I never want to grow up!

I for one am so HAPPY they have brought in Starbucks to the parks. Now when my friends and I go on our frequent trips to Disneyland/CA Adventure, we always end up in CA Adventure first to get our morning caramel macchiatos. No more of the crap coffee that use to be served!

Pre/Trip Reports: Peter Pan's last chance to whisk me away before I take the plunge! A Nov 2012 PTR, "It's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow..." A February 2013 Disneymoon PTR

July 2000 - All Star Music, July 2002 - All Star Music, August 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, November 2009 - Pop Century, November 2010 - Pop Century, November 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter, November 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room), February 2013 Disneymoon - Art of Animation, Beach Club Villas, Coronado Springs & The Disney Dream, December 2013 - All Star Sports, February 2014 - The Disney Fantasy
InNeverlandWithPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #130
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
There IS a Starbucks sign outside. It hangs beneath the "awning" area at the entranceway. It is brown, not green. But the name of the shop will continue to be Main Street Bakery.
I have not noticed it, will be on the lookout next week.

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #131
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???

There's an edy's sign outside the ice cream shop and coca-cola on the Casey's sign.
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Conservative Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #132
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

See, Starbucks is represented - but so is Main Street Bakery.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #133
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan888 View Post
I thought that the location would say "Starbucks" outside instead of the Mainstreet Bakery. That is what a lot of people have been saying...
Not sure who the "lot of people" were, but it has been pretty widely reported by WDW itself for months that the MSB would retain its turn-of-the-century motif and name with modest Starbucks branding. Here is what Disney announced way back in November:
Quote:
UPDATE 11/12: Heres some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It'll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items.
But some people just refuse to believe and instead complain about things that were never planned in the first place. There are none so blind as those who choose not to see.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #134
Melanie B
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
We're going to be there in October and one of the things I can't wait for is to have my favorite drink (pumpkin spice latte) in my favorite place on earth (MK)!!
Mine too

Feb 2015 Port Orleans French Quarter
Nov 2013 All Star Music
July 2012 Port Orleans Riverside
Aug 2010 Caribbean Beach
Melanie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #135
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan888 View Post
If this is the case then I really don't mind it. I thought that the location would say "Starbucks" outside instead of the Mainstreet Bakery. That is what a lot of people have been saying and in that case I could understand people feeling like the magic of the parks is being ruined, but if all it is is that they are selling Starbucks coffee inside the Mainstreet Bakery then I really don't see the big deal. Thank you for your input.
Anyone who has been to the location in DCA or has seen pictures of it, however, says differently. yes there's a starbucks sign. And in the case of DCA they did change the building, but as I mentioned the other day, that had to happen because the old design was terrible for the crowds they could have attracted. But it's truly a Disney-looking place, with simple Starbucks signs (as opposed to COCA COLA all over like at the Coke places in DL and MK) and quite a lot of the Disney food and a lot of the good Starbucks food, and it's all good.

The place in DCA can hold a lot of people AND serve a lot of people, fairly quickly. And it's better than the Nescafe syrupcoffee product that was sold as "coffee" before.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: