Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 12:30 AM   #76
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
Now the coffee will come from an American corporation known for good service and treating its employees with respect, instead of an even larger overseas corporation with a history of ethical controversy. Do people really see that as a bad thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney777 View Post
I do miss the old bakery that was in an old train car...
I do, too, but the train was just impossible. The lines were atrocious and there was nowhere to put the people. The ice cream area had something like 4 2-top tables and that was IT. I loved them, but as a food service place they had to go.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:28 AM   #77
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan07 View Post

Its a Disney shop...selling starbucks coffee. How is that any different than before when it was a Disney shop...selling Nestle Coffee?
Apparently a HUGE difference for some people

Seriously, I just don't understand the Starbuck hate. Also, I wish people would really do a little bit of research before making comments. They're not removing Main Street Bakery, it's THE SAME SHOP but with Starbucks coffee instead of Nestle.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2013, 04:48 AM   #78
SwirlyGirly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
I for one am happy to support Starbucks. This year they were ranked as one if the most ethical companies in the world by the Ethisphere Institute. They have many fair trade options and reportedly pay above-market rates for their coffee to ensure people are paid well for their labour. Plus the coffee is way better than Nescafe. I'm not sure where all the hate for this company stems from.
Where does the hate come from? From rumors and lies spread by people online who forward and share hate propaganda without researching to find out if what they are spreading is true or not. And there will always be people who hate big business (though likely not the same people who vacation at Disney!)

I'm also thrilled to have Starbucks at Disney. I go every year, and I suffer through my morning caffeine fix. Last year, I brought the Starbucks instant coffee packs with me. I got hot water in the CL and made my own coffee. I can't wait to watch the parade with a good cup of coffee in my hand this summer!

Mom to 2 Disney-loving, globe-trotting girls

Next Disney Trip: July--Universal/Disney

Next Other Trip: March--skiing in Austria

twitter with me a bit
SwirlyGirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:50 AM   #79
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears

Why the Starbucks hate, anyway? Worried about overpriced food and drink in Disney? Spoiler alert: it's too late.

WDW in Pearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:58 AM   #80
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW in Pearls View Post
Why the Starbucks hate, anyway? Worried about overpriced food and drink in Disney? Spoiler alert: it's too late.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #81
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA_Tink View Post
Don't forget those bathrooms sponsored by Brawny & Sparkle! Avoiding those should make for an especially adventurous trip!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #82
Belleandtinker
DIS Veteran

My DH will be happier with Starbucks than Disney's regular coffee. At DL, we stopped in the mid-afternoon for an iced coffee - it was better than another diet coke.
June 1982 – WDW Treehouse Villas; March 1988 – WDW Off-Site; September 1992 – WDW Disney Institute and Off-Site; April 1997 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; April 2002 – DL Off-Site; April 2003 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge; April 2004 – DL Paradise Pier; April 2005 – DLP Off-Site; April 2008 – WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; January 2009 – WDW Caribbean Beach Resort; April 2010 – WDW Animal Kingdom Lodge/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2011 - WDW Coronado Springs/Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2012 - WDW Coronado Springs/Caribbean Beach Resort; October 2012 - WDW All Star Movie; March 2013 - DL Grand Califorian; October 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter; May 2015 - ?

Belleandtinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #83
rainynight
Mouseketeer

While I'm not a big Starbucks fan I have no problem with it being in the parks. I personally don't like their coffee as I grind organic beans fresh and make it in a french press so no coffee shop coffee can compare to that, but whatever. Lots of people enjoy Starbucks so its a wise choice for Disney.

A random tip...freeze leftover coffee in ice cube trays and when you want a frappy just add them in a blender with some milk, sugar, and chocolate syrup. A great way to save the leftover coffee that just gets dumped down the drain.
rainynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #84
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???

BTW, signs are up on Main Street... http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/0...magic-kingdom/ I'm going to MK on Saturday, can't wait to see the progress for myself!
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Conservative Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #85
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainynight View Post
While I'm not a big Starbucks fan I have no problem with it being in the parks. I personally don't like their coffee as I grind organic beans fresh and make it in a french press so no coffee shop coffee can compare to that, but whatever. Lots of people enjoy Starbucks so its a wise choice for Disney.

A random tip...freeze leftover coffee in ice cube trays and when you want a frappy just add them in a blender with some milk, sugar, and chocolate syrup. A great way to save the leftover coffee that just gets dumped down the drain.
Sounds great! I always have leftover coffee as I'm the only one in my house that drinks it!

You can order a french press from Starbucks. It is $4-5 for a 20 oz french press. If we are lucky they will also offer it at the MK location! No "to-go" option obviously. I also make coffee with a french press, it is so much better! My brother roasts his own beans, occasionally he sends me some. Otherwise I use Starbucks Verandah (I like light roasts).
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Conservative Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #86
TheShea's
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to grabbing an iced mocha on an Orlando August morning. Saw the sign posted in another thread and it looks like it was done tastefully, in keeping with the theme of Main St.
TheShea's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #87
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfan07

But this is what I dont understand....WHAT did they take away?

Its still Main Street Bakery. Thats still the name of it and if its like the one in California Adventure it will still look like it belongs on Main Street. They just happen to be selling Starbucks coffee and some starbucks food. But if its like the one in DCA, 2/3 of what is sold will still be Disney products.

Its a Disney shop...selling starbucks coffee. How is that any different than before when it was a Disney shop...selling Nestle Coffee?
This. People are freaking out over nothing. If the BAKERY is still the same. .. why are people freaking out over this? Is it because some people just don't like CHANGE?

IN MY OPINION....Anything is better than that crappy Nescafe. I drink 3 cups of coffee a day...2 in morning and 1 in afternoon...... This is great news for me. Plus...... i can still get my Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Roll while drinking MUCH better coffee
Old 05-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #88
VACamm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainynight

Omg GREAT idea... thanks!! Doing this tonight
Old 05-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #89
rgf207
DIS Veteran

Dole Whips? Edys? Coke? Brands have existed in WDW way before starbucks

need I say more

2002 - Off Site;2004 - Off Site;March 2005 - AKL;Sept 2005 - PoP, POR, ASMo;May 2006 - POR;June 2007 - BCV;June 2008 - SSR; March 2009 - SSR; August 2009 - SSR, AKV; Feb 2010 - VWL; Jun 2010 - BCV; Feb 2011 - AKV; June 2012 - BLT
rgf207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #90
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

I personally can't wait to get a Mocha Light Frappuccino on a hot Disney Morning, I suffer the terrible coffee syndrome when we are at Disney! We will be there on opening day. I am looking forward to it!

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: