Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #16
Allison
- Join date March 2004 -

Do you boycott all the other companies with a presence in the park? If you are going to boycott something, shouldn't it be Disney since they brought Starbucks into the park, not the other way around?
Old 05-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #17
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Seriously?

Let us know how that works out for you. And make sure to steer clear of all of the attractions that are sponsored by a particular brand as well...might be a pretty boring trip.

Disney can't win. People complain to no end about how awful coffee is at Disney (and it is)...so they bring in a popular brand to answer the cries and are beat up over that.

{Sigh}

I, for one, will be walking down Main St

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #18
JimmyV
Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotix View Post
I really think having a chain coffee provider in the park is an insult to the memories of all the faithful Disney park fans. I have nothing against Starbucks coffee but I do take issue with the way they have been welcomed inside the park. I think it would have--should have been stipulated that their products NOT their brand be implemented inside the park. That said I think we should all boycott the new Starbucks located at the Magic Kingdom.
Go slurp down a DOLE WHIP and calm down. Was the Bakery any worse off when it was sponsored by Sara Lee? Did you boycott Pecos Bill's when it was sponsored by Frito Lay? Did you ever see Monsanto's CircleVision 360? Eastern Airlines' "If You Had Wings"? Goodyear's Speedway? We could go on for days and days.
JimmyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #19
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

I don't care how much starbucks coffee they sell at Disney - we, personally don't like the burned taste of their coffee so don't drink it - bring my own 'Community' coffee.

But, I would have liked the MSB to stay the way it was - just loved the feel of it. Probably will not be going there regardless as it seems they will no longer have what I went there for - the yummy cinnamon roll (and no, eating one at Gaston's Tavern is not the same). Tried it, it's yummy, but loved our tradition of getting it at MSB.

So, no, boycotting it is not my thing - anyone who likes their starbucks can get it with no issues from me.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #20
Bellamouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post
Go slurp down a DOLE WHIP and calm down. Was the Bakery any worse off when it was sponsored by Sara Lee? Did you boycott Pecos Bill's when it was sponsored by Frito Lay? Did you ever see Monsanto's CircleVision 360? Eastern Airlines' "If You Had Wings"? Goodyear's Speedway? We could go on for days and days.

Stop confusing people with the facts....
Bellamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #21
brertoad
DIS Veteran

I'm sad about them replacing Main Street Bakery with Starbucks, it's just not going to be the same; I hope they will still serve the cinnamon buns and other treats they had before.

Me & DH

Last edited by brertoad; 05-27-2013 at 01:02 AM.
brertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #22
profdsny
DIS Veteran

Wasn't the Carnation restaurant one of the first restaurants at DL?
profdsny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:02 AM   #23
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

I simply do not understand the pure hatred for the Starbucks brand. I hope that the people who are so against Starbucks being in the park haven't eaten at Casey's Corner (they have Coca-Cola written in their lighting fixtures) Never used a park map, or met Mickey or the Princesses at Town Square, since this is (was now) sponsored by Kodak. And the list goes on.......

I find it amusing that people have a problem with a corporation coming into Disney World when you cannot get a bigger corporation than Disney itself.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:43 AM   #24
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

Sigh..... Some people can't handle change I guess
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #25
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotix View Post
I really think having a chain coffee provider in the park is an insult to the memories of all the faithful Disney park fans. I have nothing against Starbucks coffee but I do take issue with the way they have been welcomed inside the park. I think it would have--should have been stipulated that their products NOT their brand be implemented inside the park. That said I think we should all boycott the new Starbucks located at the Magic Kingdom.
Not gonna happen! Lol! I don't see the big deal! I love coffee, not a big Starbucks fan but as long as the food offerings are the same or better most ppl will not care!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:59 AM   #26
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

I think boycotting disney would make more sense OP...

I have to say, I'm excited to see how this pans out! Shoot, I'm pretty sure my delicious ham egg and cheese croissant won't be back and I'm still excited to see what they do with the new bakery/Starbucks! And I'm not a huge Starbucks fan. I agree their regular coffee is very acidic ("burnt" as its been called). When I do get their coffee, I order a latte, short, and add a bit of milk to it. It's the perfect size and ratio of coffee to milk for me.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:04 AM   #27
bdcp
DIS Veteran

What difference does it make? Should every brand be removed from the parks, or made all "Disney" brands? Seriously? I'll be happy to have coffee that is actually drinkable. I don't particularly care for most of their roasts (blonde is good) but I do love mochas.
Shades of Green Nov 08

Shades of Green Oct 11
Shades of Green Nov 13
bdcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:12 AM   #28
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears

I don't drink coffee so maybe my opinion isn't worth much, but DBF loves coffee and is happy about it. He's not necessarily a huge Starbucks fan but he's happy to have choices. He hates the in room coffee. We've even considered upgrading to a suite for use of the Keurig! I'm sure there are also people who love the in room stuff and hate Starbucks, but its nice that there are options.

DBF often refers to me as a "Disney purist" because I get so worked up whenever anything in the parks changes from what I remember (though I reluctantly realize that the constant change is what makes Disney so great). However, I have no problem with the addition of Starbucks because each location's design is respective of the theming of that area.

Any chance they're putting any Starbucks locations in the resorts? Or even just the coffee?

WDW in Pearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:26 AM   #29
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

While I disagree with the OP's sentiments, I think she isn't upset about corporate presence/branding. I think she's worried that it's going to be a "Disney-themed Starbucks" where they sell lousy Starbucks brand pastries/sandwiches instead of the same Main Street Bakery with all the same goodies and it just happens to sell Starbucks coffee now.

Either way it isn't worth "boycotting". I save boycotts for actual moral issues.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #30
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
While I disagree with the OP's sentiments, I think she isn't upset about corporate presence/branding. I think she's worried that it's going to be a "Disney-themed Starbucks" where they sell lousy Starbucks brand pastries/sandwiches instead of the same Main Street Bakery with all the same goodies and it just happens to sell Starbucks coffee now.

But it isn't going to be like that. Given how much information has come out about it, including the DCA location as an example, people need to put this issue in perspective. It's one corporation bringing in another. Given the constant complaints about Nescafe, it's a welcome change. If people don't like Starbucks, don't drink it. No one is being forced and there are plenty of other options through the parks for people to have.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: