Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

How can I do this??

We are planning on celebrating my DS's b-day on the day we will be at DHS and have an early ADR for Sci-Fi. He had never been and it is a surprise. Anyway, is there anyway that I can add this to the ADR online. I've tried to find a way and as you can guess since I'm asking, I have not find it. Not looking for anything from Sci-Fi. Maybe a few b-day wishes and to hopefully be seated in one of the car booths but I was going to try get one of the cupcakes in the treasure chest (if they still have them in the park) to have as a surprise. I haven't figured out yet how I'm gonna get it and keep it hidden until them but I'm sure I will figure something out.

TIA!!
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
serene56
DIS Veteran

you have to call. and when you check in make sure you get a birthday button
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
ls3015
Mouseketeer

Yes call and get it arranged, get it on the record books or you will be over looked.
ls3015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

I was afraid you guys were going to say that!! Can ya tell I don't like to call Disney???

Not very much worried about being overlooked for surprises or anything. Just really hoping that they may see it is b-day (well, we will be celebrating it anyway) and will try to seat us in one of the car booths.

Thanks guys!

Now, does anyone know if they still have those cupcakes in the treasure boxs?? We leave in less than 2 weeks!
mom2mickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
wdwfan22
Totally Obsessed Disney Nut!

You can always request to be seated in a car when you check in. Most of the seating is in cars, and we have always been seated in one without asking. But since its important to you, make sure you ask when you check in.

Disneyland - 1968 - 1982 - too many times to count; June 1984; June 1986; summer 1991; summer 1993; July 6 - 11 2003; November 11 - 20 2010; April 29 - May 3 2011; Feb 3 - 8 2012
Disney World - February 1983; August 1988; April 29 - May 9 1999; Nov 30 - Dec 10 2001; Jan 3 -12 2007; Dec 9 - 21 2008; Dec 2 - 8 2009; Sep 30 - Oct 9 2012
Disney World - Jan 2 - 12 2014 Yea!!
wdwfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
purple figment
DIS Veteran

The only way to add it before you arrive is to call. However, if you don't want to call you can just let the CMs at the podium know that it is his birthday. Even if you call and it's on your reservation you'll still want to remind the CMs when you check in.

You should get a car since you have a reservation, but once again it's good to double check when you arrive. Usually the picnic tables in the back are for walk ups or people who specifically request them.

We got the cupcake in the treasure chest at Starring Rolls. I don't know if they have them elsewhere, but Starring Rolls closes around 4PM and they have a tendency to run out of things even earlier. We were there around 2 and got the last Treasure Chest.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #7
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

As others have said, you have to call to add a celebration to your ADR. Unfortunately, you cannot add the request to be seated in a car at the same time. That's something that can only be done when you check in. Typically, the cars are held for ADR and the patio tables are used for walk-ups (at least that's what I was told the last time I requested a car at Sci-Fi with an ADR). Still, I would make sure to mention that you would like a car booth when you check-in.

Regarding the Pirate Chest Cupcake. It's a really cute dessert. Inside the chest is a cupcake, a white chocolate coin, and a white chocolate map. It's very cute. When you purchase it, it'll be open, but I think there is enough space to close it (the cupcake might get a little smushed). The bigger problem is that you can't invert it or jostle it to much (everything is free moving inside). The chest itself is about 5 inches wide, 5 inches tall, and 3 inches deep.

I would consider either having this before or after you Sci Fi meal, depending on the time. As Purple Figment said, they can sell out before Starring Rolls closes. So, if you can get there after Sci Fi, you can do a "progressive birthday party" (have part 1 at Sci Fi and part 2 at Starring Rolls).
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: