Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
memakwed
Mouseketeer

upset and beside myself

I am so sad. We got the PIN for free dining on May 9th and I emailed the the travel agent May 10th. We played tag a bit and we went away last week Wed-Sunday. I wanted to know different prices of Mods with and without upgrading the dining plan. Today I get back in touch because I haven't heard from her and she says she left me a message...really....anyway now the only thing open is CBR but our date were Dec1-11 so I'm scared about pop warner at the resort just making it crappy and I prefer the queen bed not the doubles. So basically I can pick a hotel I don't want or not go. My budget can't go past a Mod. being during the holidays. Any suggestions what to do? Anyone?? I am so upset. I don't want to disappoint my son but I don't want to comprise our needs and wants either as I want to be happy spending my money. I don't know what to do. the travel agent tried to get us to upgrade to AK which is great if she was paying but she's not. Many years ago when they closed the French quarter we had picked that resort and because we couldn't go there we were upgraded to wilderness lodge for a minimal nightly difference. I know Disney isn't going to double discount but if what you want isn't available does that mean no trip, no alternatives? I just want a resort with a queen bed and a quiet pool.
memakwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #2
dpswift
DIS Veteran

Have you tried calling Disney to see if they have anything available? Ask the cast member if you could do a split trip. It might not be ideal but you maybe able to get close to what you want. I have found that dealing with Disney and cruise lines get me what I want for a better price than outside agents.
dpswift is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by memakwed View Post
I am so sad. We got the PIN for free dining on May 9th and I emailed the the travel agent May 10th. We played tag a bit and we went away last week Wed-Sunday. I wanted to know different prices of Mods with and without upgrading the dining plan. Today I get back in touch because I haven't heard from her and she says she left me a message...really....anyway now the only thing open is CBR but our date were Dec1-11 so I'm scared about pop warner at the resort just making it crappy and I prefer the queen bed not the doubles. So basically I can pick a hotel I don't want or not go. My budget can't go past a Mod. being during the holidays. Any suggestions what to do? Anyone?? I am so upset. I don't want to disappoint my son but I don't want to comprise our needs and wants either as I want to be happy spending my money. I don't know what to do. the travel agent tried to get us to upgrade to AK which is great if she was paying but she's not. Many years ago when they closed the French quarter we had picked that resort and because we couldn't go there we were upgraded to wilderness lodge for a minimal nightly difference. I know Disney isn't going to double discount but if what you want isn't available does that mean no trip, no alternatives? I just want a resort with a queen bed and a quiet pool.
If it's an email pin with a link, you can check availability yourself. If not, call Disney and see what's available for your dates. You can't modify an existing reservation yourself if you booked through a TA, but you can certainly call and inquire about a new reservation under your pin. If a mod other than CBR is available, book it directly through Disney and cancel your reservation with the TA. If what you want isn't available, you would have to choose a different resort or choose not to take the trip. There are only so many rooms offered through discounts as Disney uses discounts to fill resorts/rooms that aren't booking up for a certain time period. If a particular resort or room type is at or near capacity, Disney will see no need to offer that particular resort at a discount (or they will offer a minimal number of rooms). Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
memakwed
Mouseketeer

what else to do

Thanks I did go to the Disney website myself as well and now there is only CBR and the travel agents' prices were the same as disney. Maybe We'll change dates. The travel agent isn't the office until Wed. now. So at least a couple days for a game plan. I could cry. I know that we need to pay the balance 45 days out which would be fine with original dates but with new dates the 45 days would come sooner. My DH has his own business so I rely on when client balances are due.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

If you are going the week of pop warner, I would not down grade to a value. They also now do some of the moderates so you might want to question that too. Disney will not give you another discount because what you want is not available. If you decide to book CBR, you need to do it NOW or it will be gone too. CSR is our moderate of choice and we have never stayed CBR though many people do love it. Does it have queens?....not all mods do.

I know this does not help now, but you do not need a travel agent to book your disney trip. We have gotten a pen code several times and I called them THAT day. A few times we could not even get our first choice by calling within hours of the getting the code. That is however, how we found CSR when our 1st choice was booked! I would try to get CBR, after asking about POP people, and if not....book AK or WL, the least expensive Deluxe. We have done and like POP week but will only stay deluxe on these trips.
MSSANDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

((Hugs))
I would totally book myself. You do not want to deal with a TA that is not willing to try until she gets in touch with you. Keep checking back, some resorts might open up availability as you get closer to the trip.
So sorry hun. I just saw a few really nice reviews on CBR!! Maybe it won't be so bad. You will be at disney and all, plus the pirate ship and theme seems like your son may enjoy it!
Blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #7
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

I would check online myself and play around with different scenarios. Maybe you could get the resort you want by doing a room only the first night, or the last couple of nights.

That's why I wouldn't want to use a travel agent. I like to know that every possible scenario was looked into to get what I wanted. From the sounds of it, your travel agent wasn't too on top of things, so I wouldn't be surprised if she just plugged in the dates and saw no availability and didn't look into anything further. (Other than getting you to spend more money on AKL).

Hope you find something that works!

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #8
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

I would call Disney and see about availability. I don't understand what you mean about an alternative. If the predetmined number of discounted rooms are booked for a certain date are alreadymtaken, then they are. However, people cancel and change their reservations fairly often; the resort you want could open up, but it may not. I am not sure what resort you wanted, but I have read that PoFQ is not easy to get with a good discount.

Are your dates flexible at all? Sometimes it will show a set of dates isn't available, when it is really only one of the days that is unavailable.

I hope something works out for you.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #9
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks I did go to the Disney website myself as well and now there is only CBR and the travel agents' prices were the same as disney. Maybe We'll change dates. The travel agent isn't the office until Wed. now. So at least a couple days for a game plan. I could cry. I know that we need to pay the balance 45 days out which would be fine with original dates but with new dates the 45 days would come sooner. My DH has his own business so I rely on when client balances are due.
Not sure why, but sometimes changing your dates a little helps with availability. Try adding a night or two at the beginning and/or end of your dates and see if different availability comes up. If it does, you can always book the longer trip and then call back and take off the night(s) you don't need.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #10
serene56
DIS Veteran

we trid'booking the LM rooms a few months ago and they were all'gone for our week in dec. we are now booked at pop.

i do'suggest looking at the site and checking availabilty a few days a time.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #11
niccikatie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I know Disney isn't going to double discount but if what you want isn't available does that mean no trip, no alternatives? I just want a resort with a queen bed and a quiet pool.
Yes, the alternative is that you pay rack rate for the resort that you want and hope that there is more availability if/when the current PIN discount goes public. You've also learned that you have to act quick to get exactly what you want. If being at CBR is so intolerable, then you'll have to pick something else at rack rate and hope for discount in the future.

POR 7-31-10 to 8-2-10
POR 3-25-11 to 4-1-11
POR 2-02-12 to 2-09-12
YC 8-17-13 to 8-23-13
a few trips as a kid too!
niccikatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Dump the TA & start calling WDW. I sure wouldn't not go to WDW just because I can't get exactly the accomodations I want.
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #13
reddfrogg
Earning My Ears

we don't mind CBR

There are other resorts, but the only ones we don't really like are the All-stars!!
reddfrogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #14
memakwed
Mouseketeer

Yes, I've tried adjusting dates by a few days each direction. I've also been on the website a few times a day while waiting on the TA and earlier today when she told me POR wasn't available through the website said it was and then it wasn't. I've stayed at CBR before and due to health issues, the size of the resort, size of the beds, and the odds of Pop Warner being there from what others here have told me is why I am inclined to stay away. I didn't have a good experience at CBR on my honeymoon with a highschool group that clearly wasn't chaperoned well.
As for acting quickly I don't think I was all that slow. I've been on top of things and in the past haven't had a problem like this with a promo or this particular TA.
As for alternative I meant like I said a resort with a queen bed and quiet pool without paying thousands of dollars more something comparable at a mod.

No one is around for me to discuss different dates but I am thinking maybe going instead from 11/21-12/1. Anyone want to give me their take on crowds at this time? The resort I want is available. I am also opting for 11/11-11/21 when the resort is available. Concerned it won't be decorated or in full swing yet. Any thougths on that? We originally were going in FEb for DS 10th bday but compromised for the promo to see it at the holidays. I don't want to take the holiday aspect away too since it seems it will be further from his bday. I don't want to be "you can't go for your bday and now you're not going to see the holidays either" .He's a good kid with some health problems and he compromises a lot in life based on his health and I don't want to make him compromise anymore of the trip.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #15
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Your new dates cover Thanksgiving. I don't believe they normally have free dining over Thanksgiving, do they? (Or maybe you are checking in early enough prior to Thanksgiving to start your trip while it might be offered).
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: