Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
cgorn
Mouseketeer

Food at CRT: Give it to me straight...

I'm sure there are a million reviews here of CRT, but I'm hoping for some straight and honest opinions... We have our reservation. We are excited about the experience. But what about the food? What is the best dish on the menu? Do we choose one appetizer each or are they served family style? And how can I convince my picky 6-year-old not to get the chicken nuggets?

Thanks!

Chad
cgorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
mamato3girls
Mouseketeer

The first visit to CRT the food was good, nothing amazing or especially memorable but good enough. I know the hubby and I both got some sort of beef (filet, prime rib or something like that) and it came with potatoes and green beans I believe. The second year we went our food was really good. This was 2012 and I believe the menu has changed since then but in case it hasn't I got a seafood pasta that had crawfish and shrimp in it, some sort of white wine sauce I believe. It was maybe the best pasta dish I've ever had. The hubby again got some sort of beef dish and enjoyed it as well. You each choose your own appetizer. I had a shrimp cocktail that had corn and a few other veggies in it, very good. My husband had a salad which he didn't really enjoy.

I don't remember any of the kids choices being particularly spectacular. I'm pretty sure my kids ordered chicken nuggets or some other basic kids dish.
mamato3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

We've been there twice for lunch. First time I ate a pasta dish. It was okay, filling but nothing special. I can't remember what others in my party ate.

I really had no desire to go back, but we did, two weeks ago because it was my daughter's birthday and she really wanted to go.

I ordered the gnocchi with roasted vegetables (way too salty IMO). My husband had the major domos short ribs (which was good). My son ordered the beef tenderloin from the children's menu (too fatty). My son ended up eating a lot of my husband's meal. My husband ate most of my meal because he likes salt. My daughter ordered the cheese pizza from the children's menu.

There was also an appetizer of breads and crackers and hummus. Okay, but the crackers were a bit stale.

Love the location, but for the price and the food quality, we are done.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

We were just there for breakfast. My kids love breakfast food, so I knew it would be a hit with them. It was my favorite meal.

The steak (filet) and eggs were outstanding. I know others have talked about it being dry, but being an 8:05 table, I doubt it sat for long. Sure they fire many of them up early, and serve as ordrered. The plentiful fresh squeezed OJ was also a hit. I LOVED my lobster and crab crepe. We also ordered a stuffed french toast to share, and he brought it out with the regular food, and we all cut off a piece. Breakfast is technically 'all you care to eat.' Although the breakfast entrees are so rich and fairly generous, I can't imagine ordering/consuming more than one plate.

Personally, we avoided lunch/dinner there because I knew the kids would go for the chicken nuggets ; ) My 8yo was good with eating grilled chicken/salmon, but they don't do steak.

Just let them eat their chicken nuggets, the grapes/cheddar + dessert would have been a big hit with our kiddos, and the menu looks good for the adults. I just wish they would serve wine/beer with the meal, that is part of what made BOG so great. With the elevated food, they should serve elevated drinks.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
nansmama
DIS Veteran

We have been there several times for lunch and dinner. The food is okay, not great, but better than most of the counter service at MK. It's rather bland/underspiced for my taste, but perfectly edible. And it always looks "fancy" on the plate, which really appealed to my dd when she was younger.

Don't kid yourself--you're paying all that $$ for the experience of eating in the Castle and meeting the princesses. My dd is almost 16 and STILL likes to eat there, so we go once every couple years.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: