Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #1
DisneyMomLJ
Earning My Ears

Reservations Needed? Any ideas? Disney with a newborn?

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and due in late March. We are planning to take a trip on the last week of my Maternity Leave (assuming I'm up for it and our new baby isn't a cranky pants!) I would love to hear opinions on the best way to plan for this trip without actually knowing the dates. I'm taking 6 weeks of leave so depending on when this little guy arrives, we'll be traveling anytime from mid-April to late May. Thankfully, this isn't the busy season, but I did want to take my gang to a few character meals and some nicer places for the hubby. I'm worried that all the "good" places will be reserved by the time we really know our dates (i.e. the baby makes his arrival!)
The ideas I have are:
A. Look at the three most likely weeks to go and then book duplicate reservations for each of those weeks for any must-do meals. Then, once we know for sure (about 5 weeks out) cancel the ones we don't need. Will this work? Will Disney allow me to hold reservations like that? Any penalty for canceling?
B. Wait until this kid evacuates my body and then try to book what we can (again, this will be about five weeks from our travel dates, which seems awfully risky!)

Thoughts?

I'd also love to hear any tips/tricks/thoughts on visiting Disney with a 5 week old/so soon after delivery for me.

I've had other children, no problems-easy deliveries. One was a week early, another was two weeks late.

Also, this is my first post so forgive me if I'm not following the rules. I don't know them yet!

DisneyMomLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
Mainemama
Mouseketeer

Congratulations first of all! I am currently booking for a busy week (Feb. presidents day vacation week), and I am amazed at the openings I am finding. I think the new CC policy has freed things up a bit. You will not be penalized for canceling if you do so more than 24 hours in advance. Just decide what will be less work for you with a new baby. If it were me, I would make my list for someone else to reserve right after baby comes, or if you are approaching your due date, and no baby in sight, you will have a good idea. I have visited a local amusement park with two kids and a 3 week old, and have seen moms of newborns in Disney. Many will say it is easier then than a year later! BUT, you will definitely require lots of breaks and help. I see you have 3 other littles, too, so my vote would be consider monorail resort. You want to enjoy your down time just as much as park time. Good luck and have fun!

Me, DH, ODD (9), DS (7), YDD (2)
DL often as a child, DL 7/04
Poly 2/12, 2/13, 2/14, 7/14
DLR FFI 7/13
Mainemama is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: