Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
Disneyvirg
Mouseketeer

ADR 101 - my 180 day mark is nearly here!

The online reservation system was not available prior to my last trip, so getting a bit concerned about the "ins and outs" of the current ADR system.

1. Am I understanding correctly that the online reservations are available earlier than the Disney phones turn on? How early?
2. Is there a strategy I need to employ when making my online ressies? I'm guessing hot ticket ressies first?
3. Is it better to indicate the time I'm looking for, or just the meal (breakfast, lunch, supper)?
4. Since I'm staying onsite, do I need to do anything in particular to ensure my +10 days populate?

I appreciate any direction! Also - feel free to point me to an existing thread. I didn't take the time to search too hard for one.

Thanks!!!
Disneyvirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyvirg View Post
The online reservation system was not available prior to my last trip, so getting a bit concerned about the "ins and outs" of the current ADR system.

1. Am I understanding correctly that the online reservations are available earlier than the Disney phones turn on? How early?

6am eastern for online ADRs, 7am eastern for phone ADRs

2. Is there a strategy I need to employ when making my online ressies? I'm guessing hot ticket ressies first?

Yes, "popular" places first. If you want BOG, that is your first priority. You may have better luck if you try to plan it for later in your trip.

3. Is it better to indicate the time I'm looking for, or just the meal (breakfast, lunch, supper)?

I always search for a specific time first, then if nothing is available I do the B/L/D search.

4. Since I'm staying onsite, do I need to do anything in particular to ensure my +10 days populate?

Your reservation needs to be linked in MDE/WDW website to use the +10 perk. Even if it is, sometimes is still doesn't work with the website. I would be prepared to call at 7 am if that is the case

I appreciate any direction! Also - feel free to point me to an existing thread. I didn't take the time to search too hard for one.

Thanks!!!

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #3
Suziannie
Mouseketeer

I've always had better luck calling in with the more popular options. I give the CM my trip days and a priority list. They can search much boarder options than online so instead of spending 10 min plugging in the various dinner options for BOG she looked for the while week. When there is an opening for a popular place it will go fast! So for California Grill, Cinderella's Table BOG, Chef Mickey's etc it will be easier to do it over the phone I think. Also you'll only have to give your credit card once instead of for each reservation.

Completed Christmas Trip Report: December 2013

Resorts I've stayed at so far:
Caribbean Beach 2007/2008 Christmas & New Year's Eve
All Star Movies 2008 Food & Wine, 2011 Honeymoon, 2013 Christmas trip
Art of Animation 2013
Shades of Green 2013

Upcoming: Shades of Green June 2014!!!
Suziannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
Disneyvirg
Mouseketeer

Great info. Suziannia also answered a q I forgot to ask about the cc info. Thanks so much.
Disneyvirg is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: