Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #16
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tami0220 View Post
I've herd that some of the double digit ones lose the water front when the tides go out. I reserved a single digit one as it is just two adults and I would like it to remain semi water front property all day, lol
I am very curious about the low tide... For our November cruise I was wanting to book #17 for the privacy, since it is the last one on the family beach but if there will be no water by noon I would rather pick a different one. Any suggestions?
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #17
Callymum
DIS Veteran

I had 17 booked last year but had to cancel our holiday/Cruise. I did do a lot of checking about the water as well. At full low tide I had found out it was about just Knee high. Obviously the tide is higher and lower at different months also but there is still water there and space to search for little sea creatures.

I was told this Cabana was really good for Privacy because of it being the last one. I am hoping to being able to get it this year in September.
Callymum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #18
~Mandy~
Mouseketeer

Well, I did as much research as I could and really couldn't differentiate much between them so I asked shoreside concierge for any one #4-7. Then I logged in right at midnight because I didn't trust 100% that it would be done right then (based on other reports of them not booking until later in the morning). At 12:02 I could already see #4 on my reservation. Hurray!

2006 - Springhill Suites
2009 & 2010 - Floridays
2011 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
2012 - DCL Fantasy (Eastern)
2013 - DCL Fantasy (Western)
~Mandy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #19
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callymum View Post
I had 17 booked last year but had to cancel our holiday/Cruise. I did do a lot of checking about the water as well. At full low tide I had found out it was about just Knee high. Obviously the tide is higher and lower at different months also but there is still water there and space to search for little sea creatures.

I was told this Cabana was really good for Privacy because of it being the last one. I am hoping to being able to get it this year in September.
That's the one I want too if I get a choice. There is a very long detailed video someone here posted and you can see it on you tube.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #20
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post

That's the one I want too if I get a choice. There is a very long detailed video someone here posted and you can see it on you tube.
It is an excellent video! He also did one for #19 on Serenity Bay. I booked it because of his video for my BFF trip in Sept.. I want to book 17 for my November cruise. My dd(11) is a competitive swimmer she will want me water than knee deep so we may have to choose another.
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #21
Desi
Seek color and ye shall receive...
There are many Tag Fairies.... no-one said they're all girls though!

We had #17 on a November cruise 2 yrs ago. We loved it! The kids were age 2-6 & it was perfect for them. Our son in law was able to go out a little ways to snorkle. So it worked well for everything we needed. You can't beat it for how private it was. Hope to get it again this Nov. But of course, I would take whatever I could snag.
Cruise #1 Disney Magic Nov.14-21-2009 Double Dip
Cruise #2 Disney Dream Nov.13-18 2011
Cruise #3 Disney Fantasy Nov. 23-30 2013
Desi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #22
RaglanRoad
So Cal Girl

I just had Cabana 17 a month ago and loved it. I would definitely choose this one again. It was at the end of the family beach of cabanas and felt very private. The water level lowered slightly towards the end of the day but we still have about waist deep water which was plenty to float and swim in. There were many fish out includes schools of small fish, a small sting ray and a larger fish in which I stayed far way from

Here are a few pictures and I have a blog in which I posted more and video.

http://www.dis-n-that.com

Disney Wonder, Disney Magic, Disney Dream, WDW Beach Club and Port Orleans Riverside, Disneyland Annual Pass
RaglanRoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: