Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2013, 08:52 AM   #16
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliputian View Post
My 3 year old won't eat any potatoes except fries. He won't eat them mashed, baked, or roasted. He'll eat the salad and broccoli on his plate and leave the mashed potatoes.
I have one dd who won't eat mashed potatos but will eat potatos diced and roasted in the overn. My ds hates rice. Go figure.

My dh, who is definitely not a kid no matter what he thinks, will not potatos of any kind..sweet, white, yellow nothing. He won't eat potato bread or anything that looks like it might have potato in it.

We ate a lot of noodles for a few years.

Kelly
Old 05-27-2013, 09:07 AM   #17
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

My daughter used to love dunking her Cheezies in milk...then drinking the orange milk

She also loves Vegemite. Not weird to me but it's not for everyone
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
Katy Belle
DIS Veteran

I have one son who eats very few vegetables, especially cooked vegetables. But he LOVES soup and will eat ANY veggies in soup!

Another son eats most veggies happily. Fights for the last of the cooked cabbage, begs me to make green beans, you get the idea. When we have soup, he picks out the veggies and won't eat them!
Old 05-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #19
minkydog
DIS Cast Member
hey! I've got two college degrees and a steady job. if I wanna watch mindless TV, so what?
DIS Official Rum Taster
I used to be in the all-natural camp.

All my kids are good eaters, by especially Christian. He's 18 and has two hollow legs, at least! That boy will eat salads, raw cabbage, squash &onions, okra, rutabaga, collards, any type of dry beans, meat, poultry, fish. But the one thing he will not eat is green peas. I can forgive him that.

Pretty good for a kid with severe autism.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #20
akcire
Mouse expert, computer challenged
I am flushing myself to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
ds9 is far less picky than he used to be, but has always had an aversion to strong flavours. However, he has always loved Blue Cheese and Blue Cheese dressing?
I've always found that odd. I can't even stand the smell and he just gobbles it right up
Look up super taster. You may have one. Don't know why blue cheese is ok for me too. I'm a super taster and if I didn't dislike the culinary sciences or cooking in general I could make a living with the kill. (My moms a chef, grew up around gourmet commercial kitchens-I am decidedly anti-cooking)
akcire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #21
Poohforyou
DIS Veteran

My DD is 13 and still doesn't like stuff mixed together. For instance, she loves all kinds of pasta but still prefers the sauce on the side so she can dip or add it to the pasta as she likes. With salad, she loves everything except lettuce but wants it with the dressing on the side. She loves meat and bread but not together so hot dogs and hamburgers are eaten without a bun.
Poohforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #22
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

My youngest niece puts Italian dressing on everything. I am not exaggerating.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #23
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

When I was a kid I would not eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but yet I would eat peanut butter on celery and jelly on toast. Still to this day I hate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches... Yucky!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #24
Southernmiss
I am hazed everyday

DS almost 19 ate 2 slices of provolone cheese and ketchup today.

I guess it's time for me to go to the grocery store.
Southernmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:52 PM   #25
mamasuf
Mouseketeer

My DD's favorite foods as far back as toddlerhood have been broccoli, tomatoes and BEETS! I can't get past the smell. She's 17 now and she has always had very mature taste. She would eat cole slaw and Caesar salad since around 2. My son, on the other hand could live on only pizza, French fries, hamburgers, chicken fingers, etc. It was hysterical to watch them when they were very young. He'd be eating capt'n crunch and she'd be eating raisin bran.
mamasuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:51 PM   #26
Conservative Hippie
You seem somewhat familiar. Have I threatened you before?
My DH is a nuclear physicist...can you say weirdo???

I was reminded today how much my 2 year old loves lettuce. At lunch he reached into my salad and picked out lettuce, carefully avoiding the cheese and tomatoes!
Me ~*~DH ~*~DD (6) ~*~DS (3) ~*~#3 (due 3/8/14)
4 WDW vacations from 2003-2006~*~450 days spent at WDW since 2007~*~2 DCL Cruises since 2011

Conservative Hippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #27
mombrontrent
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conservative Hippie View Post
I was reminded today how much my 2 year old loves lettuce. At lunch he reached into my salad and picked out lettuce, carefully avoiding the cheese and tomatoes!
My 6 year old takes lettuce leaves to school to snack on. She just loves to eat plain lettuce. She also loves all salad and cooked greens but for some reason just loves that baggie of lettuce leaves in her lunch

mombrontrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #28
AverageDiser
'Cause we can't all be perfect

Dd will not eat salad of any kind...garden, chicken, jello etc. except for tuna. She also refuses condiments of any kind..except the mayo in tuna. Only thing I can figure out is that she likes the tuna enough to overlook the mayo. Weird. She also only eats one food at a time, starting with her least favorite, saving the best for last, I attribute that to her Asperger's though.
AverageDiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #29
Soldier's*Sweeties
I WILL walk three miles in the snow, uphill, barefoot for a Pumpkin Spice Latte
I'll take the Palmettos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageDiser View Post
Dd will not eat salad of any kind...garden, chicken, jello etc. except for tuna. She also refuses condiments of any kind..except the mayo in tuna. Only thing I can figure out is that she likes the tuna enough to overlook the mayo. Weird. She also only eats one food at a time, starting with her least favorite, saving the best for last, I attribute that to her Asperger's though.
No. I think it's just something some kids do(the eating in order of least favorite to most enjoyed). My kids do it too and they aren't on the spectrum. They say, "the good food gets rid of the yucky taste in their mouth."(from the other foods I assume)
Old 05-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #30
AverageDiser
'Cause we can't all be perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier's*Sweeties View Post
No. I think it's just something some kids do(the eating in order of least favorite to most enjoyed). My kids do it too and they aren't on the spectrum. They say, "the good food gets rid of the yucky taste in their mouth."(from the other foods I assume)
How old are they? I ask because dd is 12 now, and I've pretty much given up on her growing out of it.
AverageDiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: