Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
dd53
Mouseketeer

Mod Vs Deluxe noise level???

We leave in less than a month for a split stay at POR and BC. I assume that since the doors lead to outside at a moderate that they are pretty secure when it comes to sound.
I am starting to get concerned about the deluxe though. We have stayed at some hotels with indoor hallways where you could hear anything from the hallway in the room and the hallway can hear you.
Several of my kids have emotional special needs and I am hoping we can rely on the rooms to be a quiet place for them to chill if they get overwhelmed (and that we won't disturb others if an unpreventable outburst occurs).
Anyone have issues with the hallway noise (or room noise) at a deluxe?
The girls: 13, 9, 8, 4

8/18/09-8/23/09 ASMu Family Suite!

June 2013 adoption celebration trip!!!!!
6/18-6/23 POR then 6/23-6/27 BC!!!! Can't wait!!!
dd53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

My experience is rather limited, but here goes: I have stayed at each moderate more than once and have never experienced a noise issue. I am not a light sleeper, but as I don't have children I do awaken to screams, tantrums, crying, etc.

No issues at CSR or SSR. At Kidani, when in the bedroom we could hear EVERY noise in the bathroom next door. Use your imagination on that one......
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

The only time I've ever had a noise complaint was at YC last year. It was a connecting room, so maybe that made a difference, but the neighbors screamed at each other literally morning noon and night. It was horrible! I couldn't take more than one night in the room. Kenny at the front desk was nice enough to switch me to a massive, super-quiet corner room.

I'm a VERY light sleeper and have never heard a peep from neighbors at any other resort, including POFQ several times, AKL, and CSR. I think it's more about luck of the draw with who you get next to you rather than what resort you're staying at

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

I have only stayed at YC and BWI, but I can tell you that we had NO issues with noise from other guests for either stay. Now, I can't tell you if other guests had issues with OUR noise (we have 4 young sons!), but no one ever came pounding on our door, telling us to be quiet or anything.

A relative of mine stayed at CBR last month, and when I was reading her blog of her trip, she complained on two different nights about hearing noise from other guests, very early in the morning.
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
baldy6060
Mouseketeer

While staying at WL last May we heard nothing from any neighbors. However, we could hear plenty from our glass balcony sliding door overlooking the pool. We still enjoyed it since we were mostly at the parks when the pool was busy but the 1 day we rested it was hard to take a nap with the music and games going on.
baldy6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #6
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

DH & I stayed 2x last month at POR in two different preferred buildings (18 & 14) and had no noise issues at all. Lots to do there too including boats to DTD several pools & nighttime movies.

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Eeyore's My Favorite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
kkayluvsdis
Mouseketeer

Only on site resort where we have experienced sound issues was Poly I was surprised, given it's a deluxe resort.
1985, 87, 91: Offsite 1995:POFQ 1999:CBR
2004: Holiday villas 2006:POR 2007:POR
2008:SSR 2008: POLY check out my first TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2028633[/COLOR]
2010: POFQ 2013: POR
kkayluvsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
kapoof
DIS Veteran

It depends on your neighbors, or even better if you don't have any next to you.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #9
darkwing818
DIS Veteran

Surprisingly BLT, is the only resort (moderate or deluxe) that seemed noisy to us. We could hear people talking in the halls, it was especially noticeable when little kids running & yelling in the halls. Go figure.....
darkwing818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #10
DisneyMim
DIS Veteran

It really depends on your neighbors, but we have experienced a lot of noise at the Poly in the halls with kids running up and down. Also the worst place for noise was at BC CL. We had a connecting room and could hear everything the people next to us were saying. Surprisingly we have had better luck at the mods especially in a top floor room. Again it really really depends who is around you. Good luck and...

Enjoy The Magic!!
DisneyMim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #11
epcotfan
Kitty!
Everyday I wake up and think about Disneyland
I think it is sheer luck, endurance and compromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by aVASTGrl View Post
I think it's more about luck of the draw with who you get next to you rather than what resort you're staying at
I totally agree with this. I've stayed at all levels of resort rooms and it really all depends on who your neighbors are. Also connecting rooms tend to be much louder. Especially if the guests on the other side don't have their connecting door shut tight.

Last edited by epcotfan; 05-26-2013 at 12:33 AM. Reason: typo
epcotfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:00 AM   #12
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

I agree with others that it's the luck of the draw in regards to your neighbors. In regards to hallway noises, with the indoor deluxes, it's also can depend where your room is located. i.e. If the room is at the beginning of the hallway, that means you will have a lot more chances of noisy people walking by. Our friends stayed at WL last year and requested a room close to the lobby and got one right above the lobby and regretted it, they heard a lot of noise from the lobby. So if worried about hallway noise, request a room towards the end of the hallway, more walking for you, but less people walking by your room.

DW DH DD(8) DD(2)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #13
family3indisney
Mouseketeer

I also believe it depends on the neighbors. We had a terrible stay at CBR. There must have been some cheerleading event going on- it was so loud with the teens in the room in our general area playing LOUD music at 1am. On another night they would run and knock and random doors and run and hide. We called an begged to move but there was nothing avail. That was a very sleepless trip. We have since stayed at CSR and wilderness lodge and other then the busy pools you would of thought the resorts were deserted- it was so quiet.

family3indisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #14
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I have done 25 on site WDW vacations at all Levels of resorts. The noisiest stay I've had was at Beach Club. I am sure it was the same kids every day but the running and screaming down the hall was bad. I've stayed at BC more than once so I know it's not the resort but rather parents not paying attention to their kids.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #15
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Luckily (and knock on wood) we've never had any noise issues on any of our stays in any resort level. Even at AKL we were very close to the lobby which is very busy and never noticed a thing. I do sleep with earplugs though because I find it difficult to fall asleep with any kind of noise and it's my own tossing and turning family that bugs me
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: