Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

Can't Stay More than 10 Days?

I'm on the phone with Disney, trying to extend my honeymoon and you know what? They said they cannot offer a package longer than 10 days. I simply do not understand. Do they not want me to stay two extra days and spend my money and time with them? I asked how they could make this happen only to hit a complete brick wall. Am I just dumb for thinking that there must be a way to make this happen?

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0quirkygirl0o View Post
I'm on the phone with Disney, trying to extend my honeymoon and you know what? They said they cannot offer a package longer than 10 days. I simply do not understand. Do they not want me to stay two extra days and spend my money and time with them? I asked how they could make this happen only to hit a complete brick wall. Am I just dumb for thinking that there must be a way to make this happen?
Packages can be booked for a maximum of 14 nights, so as long as you aren't trying to book more than that and the nights you need are available, you shouldn't have any trouble adding them. If you know for sure the extra nights are indeed available, I'd call back and talk to someone else. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

You can't get a park ticket for more than 10 days. You can upgrade to an AP when you get there or use waterpark days.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
o0quirkygirl0o
just a little mischievous

I just cannot believe I had two different agents tell me NOT to book extra nights. It blows my mind.

Me DH
o0quirkygirl0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #5
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

That is referring to the park ticket aspect of the package. Which is for a maximum of 10 days. Like the OP said, you can upgrade when you get there. Just book room only if you're not taking advantage of a free dining offer or anything.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
aVASTGrl
DIS Veteran

Could you book back-to-back packages? I know it would be a pain to have to check out and back in to your resort to get new KTTW, but that would take care of the 10-day limit if you split up the trip. I've never priced out an AP though, so maybe that would be a less-expensive option.

[*]~Spring 2014 - WL"Flowers And Gardens And Bees" Solo Trip[*]~Summer 2013 - AKL "Family Reunion Recovery" Trip[*]~Halloween 2012 - YC Solo Extravaganza!![*]~Christmas 2011 - POFQ "Is That What Snow Looks Like?" Celebration[*]~Summer 2010 - Off-site[*]~Summer 2009 - CSR "Stop That Bus" Fun[*]~Summer 2008 - Off-site "Never Eating Salmon Again" Disaster[*]~Graduation 2007 - AKL "My Ankle Just Separated!!" Special Sister Vacay[*]~Late Summer 1998 - POFQ "Runaway Cart" Episode[*]~Early Summer 1998 - Disneyland Paris nee Eurodisney "Whinnie Le Pooh" Ooh La La[*]~March 1998 - Off-site Singing Competition "The Band Kids Stole Our Bus!!" Trip[*]~1985 - My One And Only Disneyland Trip That I Don't Remember[*]~1983-1996 - Every Other Summer WDW Pilgrimage aka the beginnings of my Disney Obsession Thank You Mom & Dad

aVASTGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #7
mooncrumbs
Earning My Ears

Wow. I didn't know this either. My DF and I were wanting to book 14 days for our honeymoon, but we also want the dining plan... I definitely don't want to have to book 2 stays... Thank you for bringing this up. I hope you get something figured out and please let us know.

http://castles-in-the--air.tumblr.com
mooncrumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #8
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

I have done several pkgs of 14 nights with the DDP. The tickets are ten days but we have 14 nights worth of dining credits. I have gotten free dining for that length of time as well.

I akways get the waterpark option so that on our non park days we can do that. Between our resort, meals, waterparks, Disneyquest and DTD, we stay plenty busy!

We also did Universal and Sea World one time.

But for sure you can do a 14 night pkg with up to 10 days worth of park tickets.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

I'd just book two 7 night pkgs.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #10
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooncrumbs View Post
Wow. I didn't know this either. My DF and I were wanting to book 14 days for our honeymoon, but we also want the dining plan... I definitely don't want to have to book 2 stays... Thank you for bringing this up. I hope you get something figured out and please let us know.
You don't have to book 2 stays, provided you don't want to do a split stay and the resort/room type you want is available for the whole time. You can book 14 nights with the DDP and 10 day park tickets. If you plan on spending more than 10 days at the parks, you can upgrade to an AP after check in. Or you can get the WP&M option and go to the water parks for a few days .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #11
ambiancetc
Mouseketeer

You most certainly can book for more nights! In fact, just to prove it I went into the travel agent online booking engine 5 minutes ago and pulled a quote for a 14 night package with a 10 day ticket and dining for 14 nights in October. (or any time but I picked October as the example.) So it certainly can be done all in one reservation.
Disney Make-A-Wish Trip for DS!
5/7 - 5/13/2012 -GKTW
Celebration of Life - Let's do it again!
4/19 - 5/3/2013 - WBC
Squeezing the piggy bank again!
9/6-9/13/13 - WBC & 12/3-6/13 - POP- Shhh surprise Mommy Daughter trip for A's Bday!
If I budget really carefully!
FEB 2014
ambiancetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #12
longrf01
Mouseketeer

I've booked 21 nights before, but I did as an annual passholder with DxDDP. Without the tickets being in the mix it wasn't a problem. Booked 14 nights for the next two weeks without an issue.
2012 - POLY Feb, ASSp Mar, BC Mar, DLR Hilton May, BC July, ASSp Sep, DLR Hilton Sep, BC Nov, ASSp Dec
2013 - May Hilton DLR, May Grand Californian, Jun YC, Nov BC
2014 - Jun SSR
longrf01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #13
nkereina
Wendy Darling

The problem with booking back to back packages is that you have to check in/check out mid-stay and you run the risk of having to switch rooms.

As PPs have said, you can book UP TO 14 nights in one package. As long as you don't exceed that, call back until you get someone who will do this. Why they wouldn't is beyond me, but there are a lot of ill-informed CMs out there unfortunately. Leave your tickets be and upgrade to an AP when you get there if you want more than 10 day tickets. Getting an AP would be cheaper than buying a 10 day ticket + 4 day ticket. DDP will coincide with your package so no worries there.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #14
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
The problem with booking back to back packages is that you have to check in/check out mid-stay and you run the risk of having to switch rooms..
also, they would be paying for 2 7/7 day or 10/4 day passes for each person - significantly more pricey than one 10 day pass.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #15
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0quirkygirl0o View Post
thats insane..we have 15 nights.. 14 of them on a free dining package and 1 room only night because we maxed out free dining.. if you have FD it is a 14 night max..

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
justakrazymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: