Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #1
Mickey1976
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 167

Adding two people for a night?

My parents may be down in Florida at the same time we're staying at Art of Animation (in a family suite). I *think* they'd hang out with us for the day, spend the night, and then head out the next day when we go to a park (unless I can convince them to join us). Is this doable? Do I have to tell anyone? Is there an additional cost for them? Not sure how to approach this. Thank you!!
__________________
Mickey1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

It can be done as long as you don't exceed the occupancy of the room with two extra people.

You need to tell the front desk you are adding two people to the reservation; they may choose to or not to charge you the addtional $10.00 per night per adult for the value resorts.

If you exceed the room occupancy, and it is noted by the resort, you risk being asked to leave the premises and you would forfeit the remainder of your reservation.
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 6,907

I don't think they charge an additional adult fee in the suites. And yes, you should be able to add them when they arrive.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
I don't think they charge an additional adult fee in the suites. And yes, you should be able to add them when they arrive.
You are correct; I just priced it out with 2 adults and 4 adults room only and the price didn't change.

Sorry about that!
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
Cindy's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Cindy's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,145

If this is a package, I don't think you can add anyone other than for length of stay. Room only....yes.
__________________
(me and DH) (12 yo) (11 yo)


2013 - GF CL (June)
2012 - Off Site
2012 - On and Off Site
2011 - Coronado Springs
2010 - Easter Week: ASMo
2009 - WL
2008 - Yacht Club
2007 - WL (summer)
2007 - CBR (spring)
2006 - POP
2005 - POR
2004 - Nick Hotel

Cindy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #6
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy's Mom View Post
If this is a package, I don't think you can add anyone other than for length of stay. Room only....yes.
Incorrect; you can add people once you get to the resort, if they want to stay for a few nights.

You just cannot add them now or they would have to be on the same package.

As long as you do not exceed the occupancy limit on the room, you can add people mid-stay and just pay the extra adult fee if it applies. they won't be able to use ME or have the dining plan, but they can get into the parks with a parks ticket and use EMH, since they are considered a guest.
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #7
Cindy's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Cindy's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Incorrect; you can add people once you get to the resort, if they want to stay for a few nights.

You just cannot add them now or they would have to be on the same package.

As long as you do not exceed the occupancy limit on the room, you can add people mid-stay and just pay the extra adult fee if it applies. they won't be able to use ME or have the dining plan, but they can get into the parks with a parks ticket and use EMH, since they are considered a guest.
Never knew that.... I can think of a million dishonest things to do with that info....
__________________
(me and DH) (12 yo) (11 yo)


2013 - GF CL (June)
2012 - Off Site
2012 - On and Off Site
2011 - Coronado Springs
2010 - Easter Week: ASMo
2009 - WL
2008 - Yacht Club
2007 - WL (summer)
2007 - CBR (spring)
2006 - POP
2005 - POR
2004 - Nick Hotel

Cindy's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,087

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy's Mom View Post
Never knew that.... I can think of a million dishonest things to do with that info....
People do it all the time; like husband cannot stay entire trip; parents live close by and stay the night; child cannot get the entire week off from college, etc.

A few years ago, I took two friends and lo and behold, her brother was down in Kississimee for a baseball tournament. He only had a room for the two days of the tournament; he stayed one night with us and they all went to BB for the day. He bought the one day Waterparks ticket and they already had it on their ticket, so it worked out great.

We expected the extra adult charge, but they said for one night not to worry about it.
__________________




Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
Mickey1976
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 167

Thanks for the replies everyone! We wouldn't be exceeding the amount...it's just hubby, me and DDx2...so my parents would be guests 5 and 6. They'd just pay OOP for their dinner and it would probably only be for one night...they could get tickets into the park from anywhere I guess. We have ressies for Cape May the night I'm thinking they may join us...I wonder if I should change our ressies to include them and then cancel the two extra people if they come or just chance them seating the 6 of us on a ressie for 4 people. Thoughts? Thank you again!!
__________________
Mickey1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #10
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo
 
Lehuaann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: TN - from So Cal
Posts: 2,327

I would book for 6. We have never had a problem with a restaurant downsizing a table by a couple people. It seems to be much easier than adding guests.
__________________
"'Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind ...or forgotten."


DL & WDW * FW Cabin 3x * AKL CL 2x * Poly CL * CR CL * AKL Savannah * POFQ * POR

Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:19 AM   #11
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012
 
kaytieeldr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!
Posts: 35,671

Quote:
they could get tickets into the park from anywhere I guess.
Anywhere = any WDW ticket booth, or guest services at AoA, or they could waste several hours visiting a time share presentation for "free"/reduced tickets... Really, best source for one day tickets is Walt Disney World.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:59 AM   #12
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey1976 View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone! We wouldn't be exceeding the amount...it's just hubby, me and DDx2...so my parents would be guests 5 and 6. They'd just pay OOP for their dinner and it would probably only be for one night...they could get tickets into the park from anywhere I guess. We have ressies for Cape May the night I'm thinking they may join us...I wonder if I should change our ressies to include them and then cancel the two extra people if they come or just chance them seating the 6 of us on a ressie for 4 people. Thoughts? Thank you again!!
I would change your ressie to 6. There is a good chance they may not be able to accommodate the 2 extra people that evening. 4 top tables are easier to come by than a 6 top. they can always seat the 4 of you at a 6 top if your parents can't make it but they can't seat 6 of you at a 4 top and they just may not have a 6 top open at that time without it wreaking havoc on the rest of the evening's bookings if you show up with extra guests. That's what I would do if it were me.
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.